setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Pizza, Drugs, and Rock n Roll - Page 2

[Private] Pizza, Drugs, and Rock n Roll

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Pizza, Drugs, and Rock n Roll

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:54 pm

Glad to hear Mick's still got it, I said with a laugh, If that's the case then I'd love to go to a concert sometime. I'd been tempted before, but I knew that the image of these bands that I had stored in my mind was different from the one that I would see on stage, even if they were still good. Mick had never been a really attractive dude, but that didn't mean he looked better saggy.

I'd forced myself to slow down a little, but I didn't hold myself back from slice number 3 while Michelle took a swig from the bottle, Oh yeah, Jim and I go waaay back, I said with a grin. I washed a bit of pizza down with more bourbon and then immediately followed it with more pizza to help the liquor go down easier.

I appreciated Michelle's comment. I hadn't been fishing for compliments or anything - really I didn't think my problem with relationships was that I wasn't attractive enough. It wasn't like I never got compliments anyway, but it was different coming from a chick who wasn't trying to get into my pants. She wasn't saying it because she thought there was something in it for her, Wow, thanks, I said.

I dunno. I guess after that first relationship I decided it wasn't worth the distraction from skiing, and I didn't stop skiing til my early 20's. By then I'd kind of established that it was just easier to not have relationships, and then I became a wolf. I stopped and laughed. I was feeling like I was rambling a bit, but it felt good to talk it through with a female friend for once. And a human one who wasn't like some of the female wolves that couldn't possibly understand why I felt the way I did about pack relationships. Getting into a relationship with a male wolves is a pain in the ass, and having one with a human is difficult because you can't exactly tell them that you're a wolf. 

I realized I'd basically given her every reason to tell me to leave Paul the fuck alone, and I was starting to like the idea of trying to date once I'd committed to it. But I wanna try again, even if I have no idea how to be in a relationship, Maybe the real reason why I was so willing to get into a relationship now was because the pack was gone, and Landon was gone, and I missed them so fucking much. From what Michelle was saying, I could tell that she missed Gio a lot, and I missed him too. If she had been as serious about him as she said, then she would understand the sadness that was weighing me down about him and the rest of the pack.

God Gio was - is hilarious, and not your typical wolf, but in a good way, aside from how pissed I was at him because he was so fucking stupid I said with a laugh. I remembered being incredulous that he'd shown up to Bennigan's even though he was sick as fuck and about to turn.

Back to top Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:32 am

How do you feel about cover bands? The shit sounded dicey as fuck, and trust me, it took a lot of digging to find the gems. But man, there were a few that didn’t let me down. Some might have sounded good to me, but people well.. Who were alive longer than me and experienced the originals might not have been happy with them, but I liked their spin on things. I know I used to go to this club in Seattle and this REO Speedwagon cover band hits it up all the time. God, I needed to make a trip to Seattle. I knew I wouldn’t be able to find my old friends, and to be really honest, most of them had already faded from my memory. I’d only spent a few months there, but I missed the place sometimes. Maybe this would be the perfect opportunity to go back, if I didn’t flake out simply because I wanted to stay in my pajamas.

Dude, I’ve never been skiing. What do you mean, stop? Were you competitive or something? I turned around, my back now resting against the counter top. It wasn’t that I was more interested in the fact that she used to ski than the story of how she was turned, which I was tempted to ask. I just sorta felt like that was some shit that you didn’t just ask someone. That was something they said when they wanted to tell it, you know? Maybe I was making it out to be more of a thing than it was, but I still hadn’t asked Vincent.

What makes it a pain? I asked. Was there something I didn’t know? I mean, what relationship with a male wasn’t a pain in the ass? They were just as likely to be fucking mysterious twats as women were, just as temperamental. That’s why I attempted to avoid complicating shit. I don’t think there is any certain way it’s supposed to be done. Relationships, I mean, I said, gripping my hand around Jim’s neck once he was free and taking a drink before returning him to the counter. This sounds a bit.. Gushy, but I think every single relationship is like… one is never the same as another. The rules are always different depending on the two that are in it. Was it nonsense? Coming from me, yes, since I’d only really been in, like 1.5. But the same was true for even friendships, right?

He was always pissed at me. My blank stare landed on the floor and at the time I didn’t realize just how glum I seemed. But I mean, even when we fought I felt something. The more I allowed myself to think about him the more hollow I felt. The more memories that were coming to surface with him the less of a smile I had and it became more of a knot in my stomach when I realized I wouldn’t hear that music playing outside and step outside the door to see his obnoxious fucking car. Sorry, don’t mean to be such a downer.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:08 pm

Oh man, that's a tough one. They have to be realllly good or else it's just disappointing, y'know? The problem with cover bands was that you already had very high expectations for the music that you were going to hear, and it was difficult for those bands to achieve those expectations. It didn't even matter if it was good or not, sometimes you just got used to hearing a song played a certain way and nothing else is as good even if angels descend from heaven playing it on their tiny harps. Hey, we gotta go to Seattle sometime. I haven't gone out in a looong time. Hopefully Michelle wouldn't judge me too harshly for having basically no social life. My idea of a good time was drinking warm beer on the couch at the Tattarama because I had no friends anymore.

My loose tongue and I hadn't realized that talking about skiing would eventually prompt questions which would then lead to me telling the depressing story of how young Arden's dreams were crushed. I took a swig of the bourbon to prepare myself and then started, Yeah, when I was a teenager I got really into skiing so I started competing and winning and stuff. Got in an accident, and I had to quit, I said in a brief explanation of how I became a loser. I shrugged like it didn't matter. In reality, I knew very well what my life could've been if I hadn't been injured. I'd been back out to the slopes in Colorado. I wasn't what I used to be, but I couldn't help but miss it. The pressure was insane but being on the slope itself was pure ecstasy, Wait, you've seriously never skied before? We gotta remedy that. I said. There was nothing like taking someone out to the slopes for their first time.

I don't know how to explain it, I guess. There's just this prevalent thought that women are supposed to pop out loads of babies and shit. No loyalty though. Makes it weird to have all those expectations and attitudes weighing down on your relationship. I like to keep it no-strings-attached in general, and that's hard to do when you're part of the same pack. It felt strange discussing wolf stuff with a non-wolf. I figured it was fine since she already knew and was buddies with the alpha. I wasn't exactly sharing state secrets or anything, which I felt strange guilty about since she obviously cared about Gio still.

It was strange to think of Gio as being pissed. I'd never really seen him in any state except joking around, even when he was in extreme pain from being turned. I tried to imagine the kinds of things that Gio and Michelle would argue about, and then I felt guilty even though I shouldn't have because Gio'd flirted with me loads. I didn't really flirt back because of the aforementioned pack stigmas that I had, but I'd grown to care about him. He wasn't bad looking. If things hadn't happened the way they had we might've ended up having sex or something. Then maybe Michelle and I would be having a different conversation.

I nodded like I understood what she meant even though I didn't. I figured she just needed to talk her feelings out. She was worried and she still cared about Gio, which was something I'd never experienced but I could sympathize. Nah, it's cool. Talking about my depressing dating life isn't much better. I took another sip from the bottle and offered it to Michelle.

Back to top Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:12 pm

Yeah, fuck, I’ve heard some duds. Like Aerosmith, for example. It’s not for anyone else. When Steven Tyler’s dead, that shit is over. I slapped my hand on the counter as I enunciated the last word, but not like, super hard or anything. I was almost afraid of what I said. Not that I talked about Aerosmith a lot, but people seemed as divided about Aerosmith as they were religion or politics. I get it, well, no, not really. I could see the argument on AC/DC. They weren’t bad, but if you heard one song you’ve heard them all. You really couldn’t say that about Aerosmith if you listened to a variety of their albums. Yeah, sure, they had a distinct sound, but they were by no means repetitive.

Oh, man, you’d be surprised, I said after I finished a particularly cheesy piece of pizza. It took multiple fucking swallows to get that shit down. It’s kind of a miracle I was out. Like, usually it takes an act of congress to get me out of pajamas. But dude, I’d love to have an excuse to head back into Seattle. My memories of it were fuzzy, but I knew with a little exploration they would be back loud and clear.

So, you were pro? Shit. I’m sorry, bro, that sucks. I’m sure you miss it. Are you able to ski now? At least for fun? Shit, in a way, I felt like a loser. I never really did anything competitive, and the thing that kept me afloat now had practically been handed to me. My musical knowledge was just there sitting for me when I.. however the fuck it was I came into the world. Yeah, I used to play World of Warcraft but, even if that was an achievement, I didn’t even raid anymore. I just, existed. I just fucking went to work, went home, ate dinner, got drunk, and loaded up whatever game I was feeling. That was my life. But shit, maybe that’s the safe thing? How much would it suck to invest so much of yourself into something then have it ripped away by something? Yeah, fuck, I was playing in safe mode. And when the fuck did I ever like safe?

Oh, fuck, do you even know me? I can barely walk right much less ski. I’m a disaster waiting to happen. But I tore off another piece of pizza and of course, I was kind of inspired. But you know what? Fuck it. I’m down. Would it be just another thing on the list of shit you say you’d do, and never got around to it? Fuck, that shit always happened with me and Caly. At this point I just started limiting the list so I could feel more accomplished. Currently, the biggest thing on my own list was try a new fucking game. And what the fuck? I had even more means than many others to get out there and do shit. If I wanted to go to the top of the mountain and scream obscenities, I fucking could. Shit, I was spending one evening with Arden and already motivated to change my life. Was it her or the bourbon?

Holy shit. That’s kind of bullshit. Do they get any willing women to join the pack? For fucks’ sake! I hadn’t asked Vincent many questions, but surely those couldn’t be his ideas, right? They were seriously into, keep your woman pregnant and in the kitchen mentality? Fuck a bunch of that. Sorry, I just.. I mean I’m the same. Gio was my last serious relationship and I plan on keeping it that way. And I’m too busy being a kid myself to have a freakin’ kid. I took the bottle, took a drink, finally starting to feel warm in my cheeks. You wanna uh.. Sit somewhere?

Setting people up wasn’t my typical game, but I sorta felt like I could be able to help. But then again, I wanted both parties to be completely willing. You know, I don’t wanna push you about Paul. Maybe you’re happy single, and that’s cool too. But if you’re interested, I can at least arrange for the two of you to be in the same place at the same time. Nothing forced.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:50 pm

I had to admit that I was pretty indifferent about Aerosmith. The band wasn't one of my favorite, but I didn't hate it either. I probably wouldn't have gone to see an Aerosmith cover band regardless of whether they were great or horrible. I didn't really know what to say to her passionate statement about Steven Tyler because I was ambivalent so I shrugged and took a sip.

I work at One Shot so I don't really consider being there as being "out" as much as taking advantage of cheap booze, I didn't know if hanging out in my place of work made me a loser, well hell I already knew I was a loser, what I really meant to say was that I didn't know if hanging out in my place of work would make Michelle think I was a loser. I don't remember the last time I was in Seattle. I've barely been out of Index except to head to Aspen, but the music scene there is nonexistent. I wasn't one of those hardcore music people who knew everything about music and its genres and went all the time to hear obscure bands, but I wouldn't mind hearing some of my old favorites if they were played well.

I had a lot of knee pain after the injury, but the whole uh wolf thing kinda took care of that. I got this weird sensation whenever I talked to Michelle about being a wolf. I wasn't sharing state secrets or anything but she was undeniably human. I didn't know if I should tell her everything about it or if I should hold back and keep that side private. Just because she was Onyx's friend didn't mean that he had necessarily told her anything. Not that he was the most open person, but it might be a good idea to follow his lead on this one.

Hey, no worries. I'll teach you. I said. There wasn't much that I loved more than skiing. Michelle might not start out at the level where you were practically flying down the mountain, but I was sure she could reach the level where she would get that rush that comes when you're on the slopes with the cold wind in your face.

Yeah, I don't really roll with the whole babymaking thing for sure. I said. Nobody had really explained anything to me before I was turned anyway. The pacific pack and the pack in Aspen had been pretty similar in regard to the views on women being the weaker sex. It was the most frustrating part of being a wolf. I was raised to think about shit one way and then joined the pack and damn was that different. I understand women who want to get married and have a family, but sometimes it's not like that in the pack. Sometimes it is, too, but I'm definitely not ready to have any children. I laughed at the idea of myself as a mother. I couldn't even imagine who would father my child. I practically shuddered at the thought of some of the male wolves. Obviously it couldn't be a human so the pickings were pretty slim.

Paul sounds cool. I was just gonna shoot him a text, but an introduction wouldn't hurt either. I said. Michelle really seemed interested in setting us up, since she hadn't let it drop. I was surprised she was so willing to set us up since I'd basically revealed that I was a wolf in a dead-end job and no idea what I wanted in life, let alone from a relationship.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics