setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Pizza, Drugs, and Rock n Roll - Page 5

[Private] Pizza, Drugs, and Rock n Roll

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Pizza, Drugs, and Rock n Roll

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:12 pm

People were built differently. That was at least one thing I'd learned on my short time here. Completely wired to see the world so differently. Maybe it was my limited experience, but I felt myself like I had to learn patterns behind things and simply apply them to everything else. I guess that's how I equated a small town to a district of a city. It only made sense to me and made this large, overwhelming thing feel small again.

I mean, dude it doesn't matter what's cool. I think that's one thing I did love about the city. There's nothing really expected of you. I remember being in a grocery store on the outskirts here, and there was this chick with like..an entire camouflage outfit and half of her ass was hanging out and she had like six kids with her. But it was me they stared at because my hair was purple. You don't get that shit in a city. You can just be whoever the fuck you want to be and you blend in. Being "different" taught me real quick that small town friendliness was nothing but a myth, at least when it came to fucking baby boomers, the real "me" generation. I wasn't going to go too much into it, I really didn't wanna kill the mood by bitching about people, which really wasn't how I liked to roll anyway. For such a dark life I lived, I was actually a really positive motherfucker.

Marshmallow? Oh, fuck dude, kind of sounds fun. I'm okay with that, as long as it keeps me warm. Although, I really don't think your stuff would be big on me. I wear all this black to hide my pudge. Of course, I wasn't [i]actually[i] afraid of getting injured while skiing. It was more about my reaction to the injuries. My reaction to pain wasn't fucking normal and the more I could hide that the better.

Call Paul? Ha! Better call Paul! And cheeser drunk was officially here. Lemme text him first, bro. Sometimes that motherfucker is busy, and when he is well, he's.. weird. Like, I didn't know how to describe it but I wondered if he was like some kind of MMA fighter because sometimes when I called him I heard what sounded like fighting in the background. Truth was, I didn't really know shit about him other than the fact that he could play a mean fucking banjo and guitar. Went straight from O Brother Where Art Thou shit to shredding an axe in like ten minutes.

Paul
Hey bro, call me if you're not busy. Don't worry, not work related.
0:00 PM

I hit send and threw the phone on the floor beside me - not intentionally but my coordination was shit now and as buzzed as I was, I just didn't give a shit. You can answer if he does call back.

I took a swig and wiped my mouth and before I set the bottle down the phone rang. I pushed the phone to Arden and wriggled my brows.

Back to top Go down

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:41 pm

I snorted loudly at her description of the lady in the grocery store, Yeah but, I dunno, I don't give a shit what some chick with her ass hanging out thinks, but what if someone tries to talk about music or something? I have no fucking clue about stuff like that, y'know? I'd spent my whole life in small towns. As a teen I was a loner by choice. As an adult I had enough problems other than what people thought of me or keeping up with the trends to really give it a second thought. Now that I was hanging out with Michelle, who actually seemed like she was with it, I started to care a little more.

I raised an eyebrow at her admission, I still have several inches on you height-wise, but a little big is alright as long as you're warm and it doesn't get in the way. I said with a loud laugh. The whole idea excited me because, shit, I really couldn't get over the newness of having a new friend who was actually normal. We were planning to do something that wan'st just getting wasted at One Shot, the main thing that I'd done for fun with my packmates before. Plus going into the city excited me in a completely different way. Sure I was nervous, but this would be my first time really doing something brand new that didn't completely suck.

I was drunk enough to laugh at Michelle's shitty joke, which made me realize that I was probably drunk enough to embarrass myself in front of this Paul dude, but it was already too late. Michelle had already texted him. I didn't typically get nervous talking to guys anyway. My reservations probably had more to do with the idea of getting into a relationship with one of her friends than the fact that I was going to talk to him, and I was drunk enough to not really care anyway, so when the phone rang I took a nice long swig from the bottle and grabbed the phone, I struggled for a moment to accept the Paul and then raised the phone to my ear, Michelle's phone, I said with a laugh. Is this Paul?

Back to top Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:55 pm

That's the thing, though. People think people in the city are stuck up, hard-shelled and all that shit. But seriously, if you don't do music, you do you. You do what you know. They're usually, the ones I've met anyway, they're pretty accepting as long as you are. Over in Gold Bar? They talk about unlocked front doors and bringing your neighbor sugar and all that shit. But I'm a bisexual atheist. You think I'm welcome there? And I wasn't trying to knock country folk. Some of them were pretty awesome. Shit, maybe she was from a small town. I didn't like insulting people, whether it was intentional or not, unless they straight up deserved it. And usually, I could give people a pass even then depending on the situation. This was a screwy fucking world to live in. Shit was hard, and people lashed out. Best I knew to do was deflect with humor.

I can roll up pants but I can't stretch out bellies! That included self depreciating humor. I was a freaking master at that.

Hey! Wait, put that shit on speaker! My intonation was up and down and it was incredibly obvious I was feelin' my booze. I'd finally had more than the pizza could soak up.
Michelle? Are you drunk? Don't tell me you're surprised, PAUL!LISTEN! This is Arrrrrrden. I started laughing. You know, like a pirate. AARRRRRRden.
Okay, um. Hi, Arden. I'm uh... do you need rescued? I couldn't see Paul's face but at least his voice came across amused, and there was that little cute Paul laugh after he offered. Hey wait, homie, you can't rescue her. I'll um... I'll fire you. I laid on the floor on my back, arms crossed over my chest.

Okay, so... Aaarrrrrden? Is that the actual pronunciation? I grinned, and at least attempted to keep my trap shut. He was talking to her, not just me. That was good, right?

Back to top Go down

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:46 am

Well, hell, to be honest with ya I always just kinda did my own thing. Maybe people are more judgmental in the boonies but at least there weren't so many of 'em. My happy place is outside in the fresh air, I guess. Cities intimidate me 'cause there's not a lot of wide open space or fresh air, I rambled on, explaining my sad antisocial life in a couple shitty sentences.

Michelle was maybe a sloppy drunk - the type that started talking funny and was a bit clumsy after some drinks - whereas I was the type that just said whatever the hell that came to my mind. Rambling on about my social awkwardness? Sure, why not? I'd even probably spend about an hour talking about some random freckle that I found on my arm, given the opportunity.

Trust me! I practically guffawed, it's gonna be awesome!

At Michelle's request I switched her phone to speaker and chuckled loudly at the conversation between drunk Michelle and her hot coworker Paul. He had no idea what was going on which made it a thousands times funnier to me, Pirates don't need rescuing! I exclaimed in response to his question and then burst out in a fit of giggles. I stopped laughing and put on a mock serious face when Michelle threatened to fire him, Well don't risk your job for me, I said in the most serious voice I could muster.

Landlubbers like yourself usually just call me Arden, but you can call me, I paused for dramatic effect, anytime. I waggled my eyebrows at Michelle before I laughed again, thankfully no more giggles but poor Paul was probably wondering why we'd called him to tell him bad jokes.

Back to top Go down

Paul Thacker

Paul Thacker | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:40 pm

Michelle has closed her eyes and is 'asleep'. I've decided, by the way, that the timeline is wonky with this post but Paul has a relative in index he'd visit for a week at a time and work for michelle here and there lol. He's at that relative's house.

Do you know this woman? I said, sinking back further into my sofa. For a lot of people, getting a drunk call from your boss obviously trying to set you up with someone would be crossing the line. It possibly would have been for me, except that I was also drunk. On a particularly good batch of shine I'd insisted on taking with me. Anyone would need rescued from her. She's coo-coo for cocoa puffs. But she's not going to fire me, I can promise you. I grabbed the remote and turned off the tv. The re-runs of Family Guy weren't doing it for me anyway and, while incredibly awkward I at least had liquid courage to thank for well - an excuse not to hang up the phone. I sloshed around the liquid in my mason jar and took a last drink, almost spitting it out when whoever this girl was just spat out a pickup line worthy of Johnny Bravo.

You know, Michelle could be playing um... catfish by proxy with you? She is crazy, I'm not kidding. Maybe I'm a fifty year old bald man.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics