setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Pizza, Drugs, and Rock n Roll - Page 4

[Private] Pizza, Drugs, and Rock n Roll

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Pizza, Drugs, and Rock n Roll

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:53 pm

To be honest, I've never tried food trucks. I haven't really spent much time in Seattle... or any city, really. I'd grown up in a small town in the mountains, and honestly I preferred it. I loved the mountains and the forests and having them in my backyard. In the city I felt trapped in a concrete jungle. I could tell that Michelle actually had some experience with the city life. My desire to go out was really just me wishing for a change of scenery from Index, where I felt trapped for completely different reasons.

I couldn't tell what Michelle was thinking. I didn't want her to feel like she was intentionally being excluded or like I was being some kind of asshole who thought that nobody could understand me because I was a wolf. I was tired of the brooding that some wolves loved to do. I didn't think that sitting around feeling bad for yourself was doing anyone any favors. Still, it seemed to be nearly impossible to explain what it was like to be a wolf to Michelle. Some of my feelings weren't based on logic but rather instinct. My wolf wasn't like a person, and it was hard for me to describe her to Michelle. My wolf and I were the same, and yet different.

Sounds like the last thing you need is impaired coordination, I said with a laugh at Michelle's comment. Honestly it's all about having fun more than anything. If you don't want to that's cool, but I don't want you to say no just because you're afraid you'll suck. You will, but you'll get better and it will be awesome. I wasn't surprised by Michelle's response. Most people were intimidated by the prospect of trying to slide down a mountain on you long piece of fibreglass, but skiing was one of my favorite things to do and I wanted to share the love.

I thought that Michelle and I must've looked ridiculous and yet I didn't really care. As we loosened up our moves didn't get better but instead more exaggerated. I wasn't self conscious around Michelle, and I was having fun. We weren't dancing to impress anyone, we didn't care that we looked like fools. I was jamming, moving with the music, sometimes with my eyes closed so that my only focus was on my body and the music. Sometimes I laughed when one of us did something particularly silly.

Back to top Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:15 am

Oh, you're missing out. I'm not saying the city is better than this. It's just different. It's awesome to have different once in a while. I wasn't sure if I had a preference, as Index had given me plenty of what I needed. Other than, well, the music scene. When the weather was better I would be walking to work, but I still enjoyed driving. I knew I would miss driving if I lived in Seattle. Having a car would be too expensive there, I would think. On the other hand, it was nice having so much so close. Index being relatively close to Seattle was kind of perfect, too, I mean it didn't take a fucking actual vacation to get to experience what Seattle had to offer. It could still be done in a day. And then the next day I could be back here, and find a hiking trail or something. I mean, I could. Not sure if I would.

Bro, if anything my coordination is better when I've been drinking. I winked and had a silly look plastered on my face emphasizing that I knew I was full of shit. No, I knew myself, I knew I wouldn't need alcohol to actually get me on the slope. One hint of danger, one suggestion of pain or injury, I would be there. I'd read a warning sign and not be able to suppress that urge that I'd kept under a tight lid since that night with Vincent. That strange feeling that pain, death, were just appropriate. Weren't suicidal ideations supposed to be accompanied by despair? Hopelessness? But mine, no, it was complacency and at times even satisfaction. Like placing the final piece of a puzzle. Like my death would have a purpose. I'm way too broke to travel that far this year. But seriously, I want to do this some time.

Singing into my "microphone", dancing, alcohol, seemed to loosen Arden up. I knew how to watch for hints, I mean, usually being invited back to someone's house meant... things, but I knew this was different. I knew not to push. Obviously, I would completely go for it, if it was offered. While I could never go blonde myself, I noticed I had a thing for them. But this, this could be something I needed. A friendship with no pressure, no drama, and even though Arden was a wolf, shit didn't seem too weird. We could be normal, but she would know what I knew. Kinda fucking nice, right?

Fuck, dude, I need to exercise more. I've already got a damn side stitch. What the hell! I caught my breath from dancing, something I'd need to do more of, for my figure and cardio, and plopped back on to the couch. I'm glad we did this. I was starting to become a total hermit.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:34 pm

I was excited by the prospect of going to Seattle, but also a little anxious. I wasn't lying when I said I'd never spent much time in urban areas. I was most at home in the mountains in areas that weren't densely populated. The idea of being surrounded by so many people and buildings made me feel a little claustrophobic. Still, I liked to have a good time, and a night in the city seemed like a good way to do that. All I'm sayin' is that you're gonna have to help me out a bit. No doubt I'll be like a fish out of water, I said with a laugh.

I waggled my eyebrows, In that case, drink away, I joked, moving the bottle to my lips to take a sip for emphasis. I haven't been on the slopes much for that reason, Even just a day on the nearest mountain costed a pretty penny. If I had any interest in cross country skiing I probably would've gone around Index, but the terrain wasn't right for downhill, unfortunately. If I get a season pass next year I'll be allowed to bring a guest, and you can come along, Since I wasn't skiing competitively anymore, it would be nice to have a buddy along to try out the different slopes with, if I could get Michelle up to an acceptable level.

I was nowhere near as winded as Michelle, but I stopped dancing when she did anyway. I stood standing, head bobbing with the beat of the music that kept playing. Honestly, I don't have loads of, like, 'normal' girl friends. I'm glad we have this chill dynamic or whatever it is going on. I gave a relaxed smile and flopped down on to the floor and stretched my legs out. I leaned back, stretching my arms above my head until I was laying on my back staring up at the ceiling. Feels good, I said with a lazy smile, half talking about laying down like that and half about feeling like I had a friend in Michelle. So this Paul... you gonna hook me up or what?

Back to top Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:51 pm

Oh, man, as long as you don't have to drive in the city it's all good. I took a drink, which at this point I was feelin' it so my drinks were somewhere in between sips and guzzles. It never felt too big to me. Every city has kinda, neighborhoods and you still get a little of that everybody knows everybody shit. Because you get your regulars and shit. It's kinda cool. And with that, with all the care gone I now trodded back to the kitchen and grabbed another piece of pizza. It wasn't as good as it was when we'd first got it, the cheese didn't stretch anymore, but at least it wasn't cold and my god I was a bottomless pit. Pizza in one hand, bottle in the other, I realized I'd almost put down a quarter of it as my steps were heavy back to the living room. I plopped down beside Arden, but sitting in the floor rather than lying so that I could eat.

Road trip! I raised my arm, toasting with my half eaten pizza instead of the bottle. So, m'I sposed to dress, like, nice? Issit a resort? I had no idea what I'd have to wear on a ski trip, yo. The one sweater I had, pretty much the design was "fuck you" over and over, and I didn't imagine they'd like that too much. Maybe you could rent the outerwear. Living here, you'd think I'd have that shit but I didn't. Unless I could find ski pants with planets or blood spatter I wouldn't really be interested in spending the money. I sat silently, chewing the last bite of the pizza, staring ahead while I listened to Arden, thinking nothing in particular other than the fact that I agreed. Maybe it would be nice to have a friend I wasn't trying to fuck, someone I could talk to about shit without worrying they'd get jealous. I took one more drink from the bottle and put it on the coffee table beside me, slamming it but not meaning to but I had lost all coordination and the sound shocked me. Oh, shit! Sorry. I laid my head back beside her. I totally get what you mean. Most bishes get jealous of... stuff. Or they're catty and you know, bitches. Way to ruin a moment, Michelle. But I knew she got it, she had to.

Omigawd, bro, I kinda forgot. He's um... can you date like... a normal pershun?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:28 pm

That sounds like a nightmare, I said. I was definitely a fan of the empty roads that wound through the mountains where I'd lived. I liked the challenge of navigating the sharp turns and the feeling of flying down a wide open road. It was sometimes a good substitute when I needed to get away and the woods weren't far enough.

I nodded along to her words slowly, It just seems kinda like, I dunno, overwhelming to somebody like me that barely knows anything about what's cool 'n' shit. I said with a shrug. The city life was way out of my element considering that I barely knew what was cool. Like, sure, I knew what was stylish well enough clothing-wise. But when it came to cars, music, and having a good time? Well, I drove a 1969 Dodge, listening to classic rock 24/7 and my main hangout was a shitty dive.

I didn't have anything to toast with since Michelle had carried the bottle to the kitchen, but I pumped a fist. Hells yeah! I laughed, eyes lighting up just thinking about the idea of spending loads of time on the slopes. All that 'being cool' shit and the pack shit completely failed when I was skiing. Especially if I was trying to make it down a double black diamond. There was no room for anything else in my mind. A trip with Michelle might not be that intense, but maybe I could keep my mind off things in a different way. Bro, we'll be skiing. You're supposed to dress like a marshmallow, I said with a chuckle. Some richer people wore all the brand name snow gear if that's what Michelle meant by dressing nice. I'm just kiddin'. I have some extra stuff that you can borrow. Might be a little big though, I'd built up a pretty good collection of ski gear over the years. When I still had sponsorships I even got some stuff for free.

I thought about how the other female wolves had been. Well, how the pack in general had been. Everybody loved to party, but nobody wanted to just chill the way me and Michelle were. I'd had 'friends' but not friends. Not that it mattered much now. The lone that'd Onyx was hangin' with was hardly looking to make friends and I wasn't sure we were compatible anyway. Just thinking about it made me get that lonely feeling that I felt whenever I thought about the pack. Even fuckin' Ozra had abandoned us, me. It was hard to know who to trust anymore.

Dude, yeah I can. Let's call him or something, I hesitated when I said it. Maybe it was 'cause I was drunk that I made the suggestion since it was something that would probably seem dumb when I was sober, but hey. Why not at least suggest it?

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics