setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Pizza, Drugs, and Rock n Roll - Page 3

[Private] Pizza, Drugs, and Rock n Roll

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Pizza, Drugs, and Rock n Roll

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:26 pm

Fuck, yes that’s one place I wouldn’t complain about having an employee discount. I was a bit sad, now, that I was getting to know Arden and I knew Vincent even better that I wasn’t there when the scene was a little more.. Real. The way it was. All my short life I never got to be a “veteran” to things. Everything I got involved in I was made to feel like I’d come in just after “the good ole days”. People that went to said pub and stopped coming before I’d even found the place, long gone employees who had left before I came on the scene. Maybe it was the way memory worked for people, they saw them through rose colored glasses. Not remembering the annoying quirks or bad habits. But still, I knew Vincent, I liked him, I knew Arden, I liked her. I felt more at home with them, and strangely in no danger. Not unless I wanted to be, but of course that was another story. These felt like people I could surround myself with. But unless I was one of them I would never really be one of them. And I just didn’t want that.

So what all do you wanna do there? I asked, now studying a piece of pizza as if it were going to change, grow or something while I looked at it. I knew I couldn’t fit anymore but ffs this shit was so good. Also, it was just a habit I had sometimes. If food was there, hungry or not, I wanted to eat it. I decided in a compromise and picked a piece of pepperoni from it. I don’t have money falling out of my ass, so I’m not gonna be all up in the fine dining or anything.

It didn’t surprise me that they could heal, shit it was practically on every fiction about them. But after I had seen with Gio, they’d have to be able to heal. It just wouldn’t even work. I guess there are a few pros to the life then, huh? Did supernatural beings get human problems? Fuck it. Do you guys get sick? Do you get problems people get? Like uh, I don’t know, can you drink without fucking up your liver? I promise, that’ll be my only annoying wolf question. Hell, I’d almost be sold. But not really. I could turn into a fucking bird at minimal cost, so I had my gimmick and I could roll with it.

That’s all fine and dandy but my bones don’t heal, so bunny slope it is. I raised the bottle as if in a toast. So was it fucked of me to start thinking about what I’d wear? That I hoped I could find some bad ass coat with galaxy print and rainbow skis and.. Okay I couldn’t afford all that. But I could pretend.

I like the act of making babies, I just don’t want the result amirite? I went for a high five, almost hoping it would go awkwardly unreturned. I could barely help take care of Gio’s cat, but then again she was always tearing up my comforter and shit, so, we weren’t the best of friends. Another drink, and I was actually starting to get a little restless. Yeah, you should see him first. I wouldn’t wanna force anything so something chill? I don’t know. I pushed myself off from the countertop and pulled out my phone. Speakers weren’t amazing, but I needed some music so I opened Spotify and found a classic rock mix, something I knew she’d be into. Tunes? I hit shuffle play and Take me to the river by the Talking Heads began to play. I started grinning and nodding my head. Do you dance any? I mean I do, at least if I’m drunk enough. I took another swig and handed the bottle back to Arden.

Back to top Go down

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:41 pm

Guess you'll have to settle for the friends and family discount, I said, smiling. I had to admit that One Shot had been a source of gloom in my life at first. Without the wolves it felt empty and sad, but with Ozra and his crew back, and my newfound friendship with Michelle it might not be so bad to have to spend so much time there. I could even start picking up more shifts, God knows I needed the money, with Landon gone I would need a little more cash to cover bills and keep the liquor cabinet as well stocked as I did.

I raised an eyebrow at Michelle, Yeah, like I'm such a high roller, I said with a snort. I'm not talking fancy restaurants. We gotta find the cheap stuff. Bars that aren't One Shot, music, anything cheap and fun works for me, I'd gotten too desperate to really be picky. Fuck it, I would even maybe go see a new band or something. Landon did always complain that I never bothered to branch out, but I never saw any reason to.

I should've realized that I was just opening the door to loads of wolf-related secrets from Michelle. I didn't really think that any of this was secret from anyone except humans. I mean, I wasn't really worried about Michelle knowing, except if Michelle knowing could lead to problems with other supers or people who were actually dangerous. Uh, well. Not really. I mean, there's some stuff that can fuck up a wolf, but we don't really get sick or scar much. I shrugged to try and play it off. I didn't say anything about silver. Telling someone that wolves had no weaknesses didn't seem like it would be as harmful as letting them know what our biggest weakness was.

Did you think I was going to start you on a black diamond? I said with a laugh. It would be pretty funny to send someone you didn't like down one of the more difficult courses just to watch them wipe out, but I wouldn't do that to Michelle. You'll have a great instructor and we'll start you nice and easy, no problem. I said, actually getting excited at the idea of showing someone how to ski. Hell, maybe I should see about teaching lessons instead of bar tending. At least I would be getting paid to spend more time on the slopes. On the other hand, I could see myself completely losing my patience if I had to work with stupid people all day. Oh wait, I already did that.

I high-fived her a bit awkwardly since I hadn't really been expecting it, Oh yeah, we get it on plenty. But serious relationship equals nope for me, I said. I groaned, I can't even imagine myself trying to take care of a baby. I laughed at her comment about the cat. Cats hate me, guess it's a side effect. I laughed, thinking about some of the horrible things that cats had done to me.

Shit, sorry, yeah let's go sit down in the living room. I said, leading the way. I looked around, searching. I think Landon has some kind of speaker laying around here somewhere, I started digging through a pile of random music stuff and pulled it out, Try this, I said, passing it to her. I didn't really know anything about that stuff. I used either the tape deck in my car, records in my room, or the radio in the bar to get my tunes. My dad always taught me that that was the only way to listen to music if it wasn't live. I'd learned that that wasn't necessarily true, but at this point I had what I had and I couldn't be bothered to figure out another way of doing things. Even if Landon had offered a million times.

Nice choice, I said. The Talking Heads weren't what I typically listened to, but I didn't hate them. If she wanted to dance, then this wasn't a bad song. Hell yeah I like to dance, I said. I let my hips sway with the rhythm just to prove my point.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:25 pm

Everyone wanted to fit in at least to an extent, so the friends and family comment had me feeling good, honestly. It was basically an invitation to an exclusive club and it made me feel even more welcome than I’d felt before. I will not complain about that, I replied cheerfully. We need to find a food truck. They’re usually cheap and fucking amazing. Artsy food truck then you know, maybe I would even try some hipster local craft beer. Something like that is what I needed, something out of my routine and off my beaten path. Something that got me out of a rut. Now for skiing? I wasn’t sure about that. Surely ski resorts had bars, right?

So do you think it’s worth the trade off? All the shit that comes with being a wolf versus the benefits? Is it possible to like, be a wolf and just say, fuck it I’m just going to live a normal life and try not to fuck shit up?

I laughed, loosely now that I was feeling the booze at least a little. I still didn’t even know much about skiing. Were the bunny slopes or whatever actually for kids? Or for beginners too? Like was I asking her to teach me to swim in an actual kiddie pool with only a foot of water? Not necessarily, but I’m just sayin, don’t expect me not to suck. Maybe I should do some stretches so invariably when I accidentally do a split I won’t tear from my v to my a. I reached out for the bottle, wanting a nice big swig just to keep my buzz going, then I’d try to cut myself off so that I wasn’t a total bogart. I was making decent money now, not amazing, but enough not to be a complete mooch.

Yeah I think Gio gave our cat Ozzy to his friend Brandon. Damn, I haven’t seen that fucker, either. Drifters, I guess, kinda like I’d done to my friends in Seattle although I honestly didn’t miss them like I thought I would and they were now barely in my memory. I wondered how long it would take for me to forget Brandon. I hated it, really, but I felt like I’d already forgotten Gio’s voice. I’d know if I heard it, I would recognize it. But I just didn’t feel like I could pull up the sound of his voice like I could someone like Caly or Vincent.

I took the offered speaker and turned it on, hitting the bluetooth button and searching frantically for the button on my phone. The pairing took a second and made a funky noise and then the song was back on, a bit louder. Quality not excellent but I was never picky about that especially if I had a good buzz going. I continued nodding my head to the beat while setting the speaker down on an end table and headed in front of Arden, grinning as I mirrored her dancing and mouthed the words, or at least the ones I knew which were limited to the chorus.

Back to top Go down

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:12 pm

I was realizing something that made me feel warm and fuzzy: Michelle was my friend. She wasn't Landon's friend that I'd stolen. She wasn't even pack. She was just somebody who was hanging out with me because she liked me. She knew what I was, so there wasn't this huge secret between us like there had been with most of my past friendships. I'd been comfortable with telling her about my life, and she didn't judge me. I couldn't remember the last time I'd had a friend like that. I had a good time with the wolves, but we didn't usually get around to talking about deeper stuff when there were parties to be had.

Oooh, I said, thoughtfully. Food trucks were typically greasier fare than I liked, but like I'd said, I was poor and a little desperate. I wasn't about to stick my nose up at it. Healthy eating was expensive. Not my usual, but I'm down. I agreed.

I don't know. Once you're a wolf, you're a wolf. It's pretty hard to ignore it, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The downfall of Michelle being a human was that even though she knew what I was, she didn't really understand what it was like to be a wolf. I was at a loss for words to describe the feeling of running with the pack under a full moon. Even the sense of belonging that I got when I was with some of my wolf buddies at One Shot. Wolves were wolves. Sometimes we could be a little... unrefined, but it was exhilarating.

I laughed at Michelle, but I didn't think she could possibly be as bad as she described. Look, you like pizza. The first think you learn is how to angle your skis so it makes a pizza shape. It slows you down so you can get down the bunny hill without hurting yourself, I said. Hopefully I wouldn't bore her with my talk about skiing. I was just excited to try and get her on the slopes, and the more I reassured her the better my chances were that that would actually happen.

That sucks - not seeing your friend I mean. Not the cat. I'd never been a cat person (big surprise) but my general dislike had grown to hatred when cats had started hating me right back. It wouldn't be to soon if I never saw another cat again.

I let my dancing overtake my whole body, intentionally tossing in some bad moves for good measure. I wasn't an amazingly good dancer to begin with. I had rhythm but no moves. Sometimes it was just fun to let go and do whatever the hell I wanted, even if it looked like I was some home schooled kid who had no idea how to dance.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:05 am

Funny I don’t think I’d seen a food truck since Seattle so I really wasn’t sure what made me think about it, unless it was that fucking Bob’s Burgers episode. That’s kind of the point. There’s so much variety, I mean shawarma, salads, tacos. Admittedly… lots of tacos. Or maybe I had just seen one taco truck that got lots of new paint jobs. Who knows, my memory about that time in my life was pretty fuzzy.

All I did was not, it wasn’t like I could ever understand what it was like to be a wolf, and what I’d watched Gio go through was plenty enough. Although, was that me saying it because I knew what I was trying to avoid? Or did I actually mean it? Obviously, that’s cryptic as fuck, but what I am trying to say is that sometimes I felt, well, fucking curious. I wanted to know the pain of transforming. I wanted to feel my bones break and my skin tear and my teeth pop out. Would it make me feel like I was on the brink of death or would it make me feel alive? If I could feel it once without the commitment. Just once.

Sounds reasonable, but uh, I still think maybe I could start out with just tubing. I get to sit on my ass and still have fun, right? I shook my head. I’m just kidding. If we actually went, I totally wouldn’t wimp out on you. Although I might need a fair amount of liquid courage first.

I realized I was happy to have sewn my own distraction from the direction of the conversation, dancing, even though I knew shit about it, would be better than talking about shit that made me sad. As much as I missed Gio, it was just easier to push the thought of him away. And the longer things went, the easier it was. None of this would happen if I wasn’t feeling the bourbon, but my eyes closed and I began rolling my shoulders back with the rhythm and my hips invariably followed. My head swayed side to side and my body moved fluidly but not precisely as every few beats or so I almost stumbled and my eyes opened and found Arden to see if she was watching. But the more I watched her and saw that she wasn’t bad, but wasn’t an expert either, I felt more comfortable. I pulled my phone and began using it as a microphone pretending to sing to an invisible audience.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics