setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Pizza, Drugs, and Rock n Roll

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:23 pm

Thread Details
Arden's place| Cool, but the ground is wet | 11pm

Takes place immediately after this thread.

I handed the pizza box (which smelled fucking amazing, by the way) to Arden then reached down to unzip my shoes and take them off, putting them neatly by her door. Was this real fucking life, by the way? Why hadn't we been friends earlier? God, if you think this is a mess I'd hate to see what you think of my place. If you weren't nosy the first time you went to someone's house you were nothing but a goddamn liar or a robot. I looked around, and of course it was the bong that caught my attention. Maybe I'd regret it later, but probably not. Without hesitancy, I ran toward the bong and knelt down before it. A wide smile appeared on my face as I looked from it to Arden. REALLY?!?! YES! I stood up again and quickly went to the pizza, but my eyes were still wild with delight. God, we should have started hanging sooner. What kind of music do you like? Maybe we could hit up a concert.

Okay, so, I didn't wanna be a complete bum. I did at least pay for the pizza, but I really did want both the bourbon and the weed if she was offering. God, it had been so long since I'd gotten high. And shit, I mean, I was back at her place. Wasn't that how you know, sexytime started out? Especially with booze and weed on board. I wasn't going to get my hopes up, but I'll be damned if I wasn't going to look for a sign. But even if not, score on a new friend, right?

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Pizza, Drugs, and Rock n Roll

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:55 pm

I inhaled deeply when Michelle handed me the pizza. I could smell each individual meat, and my mouth was watering so much it was like a fucking water park in there. Thank God Michelle had good taste in pizza and wasn't one of those weirdos who put vegetables on pizza. I was a healthy eater, but everyone knows that pizza is no place for vegetables.

I felt a sudden spike in Michelle's emotion and I turned just in time to see her staring at Landon's bong like it was a million bucks or something. I can't say I've ever seen anyone get that excited over a bong, it made me kind of sad to have to tell her that it wasn't mine. Oh, uh, yeah, that's my brother's. He's out of town right now, but I'm sure you two'd get along. Yeah, Landon would love Michelle alright. Well, he was maybe a little too serious for her taste, but she was definitely right up his alley. Well, maybe she could use a few more tattoos, but besides that.

As soon as Michelle mentioned music I knew she was in for letdown number two. Most of the bands I listen to aren't touring anymore, unfortunately... That was kind of an awkward statement. I didn't want her to think I was some kind of hipster that only listened to old music because it was "cool" or whatever. My music taste had more to do with the fact that I didn't like the pop music that they played on the radio, and the only time that I really listened to music was in the car or in the bar. Let's just say that my car only has a tape deck, and the bar patrons sometimes complained whenever I was bar tending because my taste was too antiquated for them. I just didn't know how to really find modern music that I loved as much as the classics.

I could at least deliver on the bourbon I'd promised. I walked into the kitchen and set the pizza down on the counter before I opened up the liquor cabinet and scanned the bottles, Here's the booze I promised, I said, setting the bottle down on the counter. I opened the cabinet for plates and glasses, but I'd neglected the dishes as well as the cleaning, and there were none left. Shit, I hope you're not sick 'cause there's no cups left.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:36 pm

Oh, right, that’s uh, that’s cool. Well, I mean, okay, no weed, but that’s okay. At the very least maybe it meant she didn’t completely shun the stuff and hopefully wouldn’t judge me when I found the off chance to take a few hits. I wasn’t an actual pothead, but fuck, it was a nice treat here and there. The smell was already making me forget the bong, the weed, everything else… well almost. No need for plates, I grabbed a slice, the cheese still warm enough to stretch as if the pizza itself was trying not to let go of the slice, but I finally broke it free and immediately nommed away. Good freakin god, after eating the cheap store brand frozen pizzas this long, this was like fucking caviar to me.

MM… I quickly chewed so I could finish the thought. Not touring anymore, does that mean like.. Classic rock? Or disco or what? I took another bite, because I was starving and it really just couldn’t wait. Because shit, I was just talking to someone at the store who saw the Stones play just a few months ago. You might be surprised. I leaned my hip on the counter beside where the pizza sat, my eyes now on the bottle. No worries, besides, the shit is alcohol. Nothing lives in that shit.

I had a quick realization as well - the more friends I made, the cheaper life would be. Bar drinks were insanely overpriced when it came down to it. Just pitch in on a bottle and a pizza once in a while and you’re golden if you’ve got a friend or two. Was atmosphere really worth that much when you were trying to conserve cash?

So, yeah, Paul. He works for me, but he’s also, I don’t know, it’s kinda cool. His family has a small farm and they pretty much never have to get groceries. I went there for dinner once and it was the tits. They have a lot of land, like fourwheelers and shit to get around, and there is this place where they have bonfires and party when it’s warm out. I’m actually a little bummed that it’s getting cold out. I mean they’ll still party, but fuck a bunch of that when it’s cold.

Back to top Go down

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:36 pm

I followed Michelle's lead and grabbed a big slice of pizza loaded down with sausage, bacon, and salami. God, if I waited any longer I was gonna start drooling. I took a huge mouthful so that when I replied to her question my response came out a little muffled, Classic rock, definitely not a disco fan I smiled sheepishly at my bad manners before shoveling more into my mouth. I knew that if I was left to my own devices I could put away the entire pizza in a few minutes, so I forced myself to slow down and actually chew. When I finally swallowed I continued, I'm just kinda afraid that if I go and the band's a bunch of saggy old men who can barely play anymore that I'll be too scarred to ever fully enjoy the music again.

I picked up the Jim Beam and opened it up, Well, in that case, I said, taking a swig straight from the bottle. I set the bottle down on the counter so Michelle could have some and took another enormous bite of pizza.

The thing is, I said through the pizza because I'd given up on being polite, My last 'relationship' was when I was fifteen and one of my competitors kissed me and then asked me out on a bet, I paused and chewed, I was so distracted I completely sucked ass on the next run and I kinda gave up after that. I didn't know if Michelle would still want me to date her coworker if she thought that I would completely fuck it up due to lack of experience, but I figured I'd lied to her enough... and of course, the bourbon may have had something to do with my frankness.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:39 am

Oh, thank God. I mean, I really shouldn't criticize any music, but well for one I didn't want to eat my words. I say shit without thinking, and then what if she did like disco? But also, I mean, if it was on, I wouldn't hate my life, but I'd never choose disco. Apparently it was a pretty good show. I know it's not exactly classic rock, per se, but I saw Def Leppard in Seattle not too long ago. Fuckers still got it, probably one of my favorite shows. Wasn't a joke, either. Other than some of the crowd being obnoxious rednecks, it was for once a show that focused on the actual music and skill and didn't need a lot of effects to distract you from shitty live playing. The guys had years of skill behind them, and none of it had faded away.

Damn, son, one of my favorite men, Jim. I like his cousin Jack too, but tonight's a Jim kind of night, amirite? After finishing my slice, even the crust, I took a hefty swig of the bottle myself. So, I didn't consider myself a wus when it came to booze, but shit went down much easier cold. Then again, it wouldn't take much more before it wouldn't matter. I'd been drinking liquor and whiskey long enough that despite the strong alcohol, I was beginning to actually appreciate the taste of different kinds, and actually develop a preference rather than just having to pick what was on sale or what worked the fastest. Something I didn't know if I should be proud of or not. I replaced the bottle down on the counter and wiped my lips.

Aw, man, that's like, really kind of hard to believe. I mean, I'm not trying to uh.. make any moves or anything, but you're fucking hot. And I mean, like you don't need three hundred dollars of makeup to show it, either. Which, I mean, I was never the type to judge people for wearing makeup. I kind of saw it as an art form, but there was some truth to the fact that some people just wouldn't get a second look without makeup. Arden, well, she was fucking lucky, dude, she didn't need it. Maybe I could have it all wrong. Maybe I should read her to make sure that she actually wants a relationship. Surely it wouldn't be a lack of offers.

Maybe, it just takes the right person. But I mean, and I don't know how you feel, I know Paul kinda... likes to be a one chick kind of dude, but lately I've kind of avoided relationships. My most serious - well, shit, you know, Gio was my first really serious relationship. And sometimes I.. I had to take another drink, because fuck, it was hurting me more than I thought it would to talk about him. I really fucking miss him, dude. I used to think I wished that we'd just stay friends, so things wouldn't be so complicated. But now that he's been so completely out of my life I just kind of... I just hold on to what we had.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics