setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Come Settle Down - Page 2

[Private] Come Settle Down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Come Settle Down

Laurel Davis | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:47 pm

I breathed a sigh of relief when Logan agreed that it wasn't a date, Exactly. Him thinking that we were on a date was relatively harmless, but I didn't want to lead him on. It was better to be above reproach, which meant making sure that we kept things completely ethical and that everybody was on the same page with what we were doing here. That way if Kathryn from Oncology walked in, I could simply tell her that we were friends. Maybe frowned upon, but not forbidden. Everyone but Maryann that is, since she could very clearly hear wedding bells ringing just by looking at us. It was a little unsettling, yeah, but it was also kind of sweet to be called a "kid" like we were teenagers or something.

I took my cup to my seat, mimicking Logan by sitting down opposite him and taking a sip from my cup as well, except that the coffee was scalding hot. Shoot, I said, lifting my lips from the rim. hot coffee is hot, I said to myself, chagrined at my stupidity. I drank coffee daily, and typically I was smart enough to wait until it cooled down. I was so excited about the coming conversation that I hadn't thought about it.

Wait, you haven't even told me what you play, I said, curious to hear what Logan's instrument of choice was. He looked the type to play a "cool" instrument, except that his passion was genuine enough that I didn't think that he played just for looks, which opened up the possibilities. I glanced at his hands to see if there were any calluses, but I couldn't really tell.

As for the genres, I play mainly classical although I've dabbled in jazz a bit. I listen to a lot more variety than I play. Hopefully there would be some common taste somewhere. Just because we both loved music didn't necessarily meant that we had any shared taste. The awesome thing about music was that everyone liked different things for different reasons. Sometimes taste overlapped and sometimes it didn't.

Back to top Go down

Logan Milo Byrne | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:28 pm

There was a sex kitten in there somewhere, dying to come out. I could sense this shit. It was practically a gift. I could have been reading into shit too deeply, but any woman with as much class as Laurel that took a sip of coffee before letting it cool down was dying to feel something more. I smirked, despite her shooting down our date, which it was, even if she didn't want to admit it, because I was fairly confident I would be the man to give it to her. And for once, I wasn't talking about my dick.

I could feel a one liner sitting in my mouth, ready to come out, but I swallowed it back. It's not the only thing that's hot. The words rang out in my head as I laughed in the most unoffensive way I could manage, at the way she vocalized her pain. Shoot. I'm not that good, if I'm honest. I lied. Oh fuck yeah, I was going to put her on a pedestal. But strings... Cello and viola mostly. When I was a kid I of course wanted anything percussion, but never pursued it. I think I only wanted a drum set to piss of my dad anyway. Luckily that rebellion is outta my system now. I lied again and laughed into my cup as I took another drink.

I leaned in as she started speaking, completely captivated not just at what she was saying, but her voice, the way her lips moved, damn did she even know how on fire she was? Wow, any favorite composers? I've been uh... Admittedly I've been on a David Lang bender for a while. There's a piano piece actually, This Was Written by Hand. Music is nothing if not interpretation. Every time I hear it I just feel it musically captures our town... It... It's wonderful. I stopped myself, not wanting to go too overboard. Hearing hers was my goal anyway, not sharing mine.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:30 pm

I wrapped my hands around my mug even though it was on the edge of being uncomfortably hot. I let its heat seep into my chilly fingers while I listened to Logan talk. I hadn't pegged him for a cellist, which was maybe a mistake on my part. Obviously, cellists weren't usually associated with attractive men with great shoulders, but neither did people expect that I was doctor by day, pianist by night. I ignored his comment about not being good, since it was irrelevant and probably untrue. To me, it didn't matter how technically proficient you were if you loved what you were doing.

I laughed at his comment about his rebellious phase, nodding in agreement.Oh, I totally get that. For me it was more of a 'the grass is greener on the other side' problem. I thought that it would be more fun to learn the guitar than the piano. I argued about it with my mom for weeks.

I nodded enthusiastically, It's so true though, I'm not familiar with that specific piece, but his style is very Index-esque. Admittedly, I prefer contemporary pieces with more romantic influence than Lang's work tends to have. I paused to think about what I'd been listening to most. There's a composer I've just discovered named Anthony Grenginger. He's got some beautiful compositions. My favorite is called 'A Heavy Heart' - it's got some gorgeous chord progressions.

I took a moment to sip my coffee and to mentally marvel at how amazing music was. The way a few notes arranged a certain way could bring joy or make you feel like your heart was breaking. The way it felt to sit at a piano, set your fingers on the keys, and let your mind be absorbed by the music.

Back to top Go down

Logan Milo Byrne | Human; Citizen

Posted on Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:57 pm

I laughed, cheeks pushing my eyes into upside down crescents, my smile refused to leave. Guitar would suit you, but piano does better I think. I'd pay good money to see you with an electric in hand though. I laughed. I mean... Not that you'd look funny I just uh... Fuck... Why did my game disappear around women that were actually fucking interesting? The sound of a piano has class, it fits you perfectly. Maybe the image in my head was one of her completely nude, strumming the guitar lazily, holding it up just enough to hide the good shit. But that, I was quickly realizing, as good as it looked, wasn't right. Not for Laurel. My fantasies were disappearing, it was hard to maintain them when you realized the woman in them was honestly, too good for them.

I was already enthralled. I hung on every word that came out of her mouth like it was scripture, and I'd never felt so devout. There was a brief moment when I tried to shut it off, to distance myself from the intrigue, but hearing a woman talk about music, and I meant music, not Adele or Katy Perry bullshit, it was... It was just fucking captivating. I'd almost forgotten what it was like. Eva had been the last one I could talk with about this shit. It made all of the ones in between feel insanely insignificant in contrast. I didn't regret any of them, I had my fun, and I still had more fun left to have, but Laurel being a sexual mission was quickly becoming an impossibility. She was too good for me.

I leaned back, smile forming as she went on. Hell, if she wanted romantic influence, I could give her romantic influence. I had romantic influence up the yahoo. I would have been a fool to love music and not use it and abuse it with women, and some women, they wanted to be swept off their feet. Her choice of sound told me more about her than I was sure she was even aware. I had my in, and I was gonna take it. And as one particular song came up in conversation, I smiled from ear to ear, waiting for her to finish before biting my lip through my cheesy grin, trying to decide if what I wanted to do was a good idea. Hold... Just... Hold that thought. I said, happy as a damn clam as I got up out of my chair, knocking it over and then picking it up as I made eye contact with her one last time before speed walking to the counter.

My voice lowered, and Maryann looked at me like my grinning head had detached from my body. I was the Cheshire Cat. I need a favor. I whispered, looking back to Laurel to flash a smile, then back to Maryann who now had one hand firmly planted on her hip. I need you to put on a song. ''Not happenin'. It's nothing against you, we just don't take requests darlin'.'' I scratched the back of my head and then rubbed my hands together, legs planted firmly and a good distance apart as I lightly rocked back and forth, placing both hands up towards her as if I was casting a spell. Okay, okay. How 'bout this. This woman could very possibly be the best thing that's happened to me in a long time. And I mean a long time. I don't know yet. But I'm walkin' a fine line between the friend zone and the O zone, if you get what I'm sayin'. Her eyes widened and her hand covered her mouth in horror as she reached forward to slap me on the shoulder. ''I won't tolerate that nasty talk!'' My finger shot to my lips as I tried to get her to keep quiet, shit. This song could be the thing I need, to... Set a mood. It's one song, just one. I promise it's calm. I spoke as I pulled my phone from my pocket, and pulled up the song Laurel had mentioned. Just one. I extended the phone towards her, and she paused before exhaling sharply out of her nose. ''You're helping me take out the trash at closing for this.'' Yeah, yeah, whatever you want. I grinned as my hands balled into fists in excitement.

The entire place fell quiet as I moved back to my seat. And as I sat down, I made sure to look at Laurel, the song had started to play. That one? I asked, knowing it was exactly the song she'd been talking about. I uh... I hid my smile with the back of my hand as I looked at her, dropping it only to speak. I hope you don't mind. I just... The second you mentioned it. I just didn't think telling you knew about it would have as much impact as getting it to play. Was I earning any O zone points at all? I'd love to hear you play it... Sometime? I'd actually like to play with you sometime. Fuck! Not play with you, play with you. I mean musically with instruments and, just songs. Strictly songs. Shit balls... I could sense my game leaving my body, like it was my fucking soul and it was floating up to watch me in horror as I turned what could have been an epic panty dropping moment into a train wreck.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:58 pm

Logan's dimples were back in full force, and I couldn't help but return his smile. I laughed as she stumbled over his words a bit, I know what you mean, I didn't look like the type of woman who you would see riffing on an electric guitar like some kind of rock god, although I sometimes liked to pretend I was. I've been playing the piano so long that it's started become a part of my identity. Like, I couldn't imagine myself not playing, but I would also like to branch out and learn some other instruments. It was true, I had a strange desire to learn every instrument on planet Earth. I wasn't much of a singer, but I loved to make music in any way possible.

I wish I had more time to dedicate to that kind of thing. Sometimes being a doctor felt like sacrifice after sacrifice. You lose a patient and you start to wonder why you even bother. It would be a lie to say that I didn't sometimes wonder what would've happened if I'd become a musician. My family was well connected. I probably could've gotten a job working for a symphony or an orchestra or maybe something completely different. I could've learned so many instruments. I never would've met Ben. Then again, I never would've met Logan either, and I was starting to appreciate the man sitting across from me in a number of ways.

A quizzical expression crossed my face as Logan stood up with too much enthusiasm and knocked his chair over. Alright? I said, wondering what had him rushing off. I watched for a moment as he conversed with the barista, and then started looking around the cafe, which was starting to empty out a little as it got late.

I had zoned out a bit while Logan was gone, but my focus returned to the coffee shop when the song that had been playing paused, and was replaced with another. One that I knew and had just mentioned to Logan before he got up. I looked at him as he returned, an expression of wonder on my face. I nodded at his question, even though he obviously knew the answer.

The thoughts I was having were not the thoughts that I should've been having, but it was hard to stop them. Logan was so sexy, physically and mentally. I hadn't connected with anybody like this over music in, well, ever. That he knew this song and convinced the barista to play it, was so wow.

I'd dated various men before. Most of them were nice guys who brought me flowers and told me that I was beautiful, but they all lacked my passion for music. I mean, I would see their eyes glaze over the moment I tried to talk about Liszt or my new favorite piece. They tried to be supportive, but they didn't really get it like Logan did. I couldn't ignore that.

Wow, of course I would love to play with you, I said, unable to help myself. I loved music too much to say no. I couldn't even trick myself into thinking that I didn't like him.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics