setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Come Settle Down - Page 5

[Private] Come Settle Down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Come Settle Down

Logan Milo Byrne | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:31 pm

I was interested in Laurel, sure. But I wasn't stupid. I knew our lifestyles were vastly different, this conversation had proved it. Hell if I was planning on proposing to the woman it might have been an issue. But I wasn't. I still very much had one goal in mind with her, bedding her. It was just... Certain parts of her had surprised me. Parts of her that if they ran deep enough, very much resonated with the deepest parts of me. Details about her, that like I said, if they ran deep enough, reminded me that I'd only had that kind of connection with two other women, both of which were dead and gone. But then there were other things about Laurel... She felt caged to me. A lioness... But she wasn't waiting to be unleashed. I felt she'd been imprisoned for so long that even if the gate opened she'd be apprehensive to leave captivity. I guess we all had our own version of a cage, hers just felt incredibly small to me, and that was a bad sign when our cages were more or less built by our own minds.

I blinked, wondering if I'd done something wrong. It wasn't what she'd said or how she was acting, everything felt more or less the same except that sixth sense. A gut feeling that something was off kilter. I wouldn't say my suggestion was one of my best lines, but I had used a variation of it at least three times in conversation with women, and more or less it was well received. The first woman I used it on I remember specifically, because she offered for me to take the wheel on that ''drive''. We ended up fucking in the back seat. The second woman gave me a flirty smile and treated my suggestion like really good homework, did it alone, and told me all about it after a night in the sack. The third was the least exciting, she was just like the second, only no sex took place. She was a tough one though, she made me work for a few months before getting her into bed so the line wasn't an issue, her being in a chastity belt with a specific unlock code was the issue. I guess I'd have to move it down a notch on the ''good lines'' list. That wasn't too bad actually, I had plenty to choose from.

Doctor approved? Can I get a stamp of approval on some of my less popular life choices? I joked, flashing her a smile and shifting in my seat as a refill for my coffee came. "Anything else?" Maryann asked with a smile, Nah, if I have any more coffee Ima get that tweaker twitch, can't have that. I have important things to do tomorrow. I laughed, flashing Maryann a smile this time as she disappeared into the back. Every day. I replied before taking a sip. And I'd like to think I work towards being a bigger and better person every day too. Some days more, some days less. Admittedly I put in a lot of effort towards... Not being selfish, but putting myself first too. I guess you could say I like knowing my self worth, and that self worth is only as big as my efforts to be a better person for everyone else in my life. The better I am to those around me, the more I allow myself to be better to myself, if that makes sense... I am a bit wired from all of this coffee so my thoughts might be running a bit faster than my mouth. I laughed at my shitty attempt to explain. What about you, outside of work I mean?

Back to top Go down

Laurel Davis | Human; Citizen

Posted on Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:57 pm

Earlier I'd enjoyed the connection that Logan and I had over music, but he was using it to talk about things that I didn't necessarily want to talk about. All the things that I pushed down were brought to the surface of my thoughts in a frustrating way because I didn't know how to deal with them. Just because we had a common interest and he was attractive didn't mean that we were necessarily compatible partners in a relationship. I'd been enjoying myself. I'd even jumped through hoops to be able to play with him because I honestly quite wanted to. I loved the connection that we had through music even if I didn't like everything that came with it.

I have a rep to protect. I can't go around putting my stamp of approval on everything. I said in mock seriousness. I gladly accepted a refill from Maryann. Since Ben had left I'd been picking up the night shift again and I was scheduled again tomorrow night. It was tough going from a day schedule to a night schedule so quickly, but the coffee would help. I cupped my hands against the hot cup to warm my cool fingers while I listened.

I want to be better and bigger, but sometimes I don't know how. Do you sometimes feel like you're not doing enough? I didn't really know how to put into words how everything I did just felt so insufficient. How could I make up for the things that I did? I wasn't kidding when I said that I felt like my job was ephemeral. I couldn't save everyone, and those that I did save wouldn't live forever. How could I really make a lasting impact on a person's life when I wasn't even the one who was in contact with them the most while they were in the hospital? Logan said that he would remember me, but that didn't mean that I'd made his life any better.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:24 am

My phone buzzed in my pocket, and I glanced down to my pants before locking my eyes back on Laurels. I had to wonder if she was feeling what I was feeling. I mean, like I said, I wasn't looking for a wifey, and shit, if I was looking for a relationship, the last thing I'd want was someone that was perfect for me in every single way. I liked the idea of a woman with her own life, even if I wasn't interested in part of it, because I had my own life. It was like if I wanted to go shoot some hoops on a Saturday with my bros, fuck it'd be miserable if my chick wanted to tag along because she was into basketball. That's when you start heading into clingy territory. A guy needs space, and I'd like to think a woman needs space too.

That's awfully professional of you, Laurel. I joked back, looking down at my coffee cup then back at her. Shit I couldn't have another sip. I was gonna be wired for days. Always. But I think that's normal, I think everyone feels that way. It's all about the effort anyway. I mean... If I tried to make someone a nice breakfast but didn't know the first thing about cooking, I doubt they'd be mad if the eggs were burnt, yanno? It's a... Well it's a simple example but the message is the same and applies to most things in my opinion. All we can do is our best.

Back to top Go down

Laurel Davis | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:46 pm

I looked at Logan thoughtfully. He was still a mystery to me, but I couldn't help but feel some admiration for him. He knew that he wasn't perfect, but he didn't let that stop him. He gave his best because he knew that was all that he could give. In some ways I wanted to be like him. I wanted to be able to let go of my own hangups long enough to actually live. I didn't think partying all the time was the answer, but sometimes I felt like I was so obsessed with being perfect that I didn't really stop to enjoy life.

I realized I was doing the same thing with Logan. I was holding him at arm's length because I was afraid that whatever we had wouldn't be perfect. I was afraid that my parents wouldn't approve or that I would ruin whatever good thing we had going here. The truth was that I liked him, and I was so concerned with always being in control that I wasn't allowing myself to really be here and enjoy just talking to him about whatever we wanted.

I smiled at him and took a sip of my coffee. True. I think sometimes I have trouble remembering that, I said. I looked at him like I was studying him, but really I wasn't sure what to say next. I wanted to know him more not know more about him, if that made any sense. He'd given me most of the important information. Some things you had to find out for yourself, not be told.

I took a deep breath, So if you're serious about wanting to play together, maybe you can come over to my place sometime next week?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:25 pm

What a mystery this woman was. How could something that looked like this be so... Introverted? That might not have been the right word, but it was as close as I could get. I wanted so desperately for her to do something off the wall. Scream at the top of her lungs some random ass word. Jump onto the table and shake her hair around to white snake. Anything, anything at all. She was a cup of hot tea but I wanted her to become a boiling pot of water.

I won't penalize you for having a poor memory, I swear. My phone buzzed again and I slipped my hand in my pocket just far enough to put it on silent. My hand spun my coffee cup around in circles, swirling around the little bit that sat on the bottom. Just let me make sure... I pulled out my phone, pretending to check my calendar but really I was just damn curious about who was so desperate to get a hold of me. I swiped my finger across the screen and saw two unknowns, clearly someone didn't want me to have their number. Yeah I'm sure I can squeeze you in. I hid my smirk behind my screen, and completely wiped it off of my face before shoving my phone back into my pocket. Just let me make sure here, this is definitely not a date. Right? I teased, tossing my nearly empty coffee cup into the trash as the cleaner upper guy walked past with it in his hands.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics