setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Come Settle Down - Page 3

[Private] Come Settle Down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Come Settle Down

Logan Milo Byrne | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:35 am

I expected a woman with her career choice would want to learn. A lot of things factored into my pursuit of women. And a lot of those things probably seemed superficial, but the truth was those that were strictly superficial were instant names in the fuckable column. You wouldn't see me going out for coffee and pulling the romance out of my ass for a dimwit. Intelligence and a hunger for knowledge wasn't something to be feared if you could match it. It was exactly why my cousin seemed to date clones. Rarely any variety. I liked dipping my toes into many waters, or more accurately, dipping my mind or my dick, depending on which of the two columns a woman fit into. So you could imagine, finding a woman that fit into both was a fucking game changer.

I could have pulled out the Seattle Symphony card. A bro of mine had actually called me and mentioned my seat had been replaced more times than an air freshener in a febreeze commercial. I knew he wanted me to come back, hell I knew a lot of them wanted me to come back. But these weren't things I was ready to share with Laurel. It wasn't about impressing her, a man needed to keep his good cards hidden well, and only bring them out when they'd have the most impact. Plus, getting her to think I was a humble mother fucker was going to benefit me in the long run. I could just tell. Like without it... The best part of you is gone, the only part of you that means anything. I added, feeling an instant connection to what she'd said. It was the way I'd felt, all that time I was away. Utterly fucking lost. A lot of shit factored into that, actually, but music wasn't excluded. And while I could feel myself mentally gagging at the lame shit I'd just said, there was some truth to it. I just wished I could have worded it in a more... ''ME'' way. Have you ever considered a career change? I asked innocently. I was pretty sure being a doctor meant the person was driven and goal oriented. It wasn't a job for the faint of heart. But I was learning that it was never too late to change shit for yourself, even if you'd already dedicated a fuck load of your life, time, and money into one particular goal.

When I returned I could see it on her face. The points I'd been hoping to earn... Were earned. I couldn't get too cocky, a woman like this wouldn't respond to that. So I flashed her a smile and shrugged my shoulders as if it was ''no big deal''. Really? While I'd earned myself some hotdoc points, the beginning of our undate was still a brick wall between us. So her being willing to jam was... Confusing. Would that be an undate too? I played, a lot, music was half of my existence. But it was also the deepest part of me, my core. Without it I would have shut down a long time ago. So sharing that with people was easy, because like her, it was a huge part of me. But sharing it with people could also be... Serious. I wasn't sure if I could play with her and let her go on thinking our meetings were undates. There was something really fucked about the idea of pulling out the romance through music and still being friend zoned. That wasn't gonna fly. Maybe... That could be a date? I mean, I know nothing about you. I can tell you feel for music deeply, I can tell you're good at your job, and I can say with certainty that as a kid, you wanted to wield a guitar and rock the world. But I'd like to know more... Which I guess is the point?

Back to top Go down

Laurel Davis | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:31 pm

I couldn't believe how completely Logan got it. The last time I'd mentioned to someone that I loved music the response had been, "what kind?" Most people loved music, or at least listening to music, but they didn't understand how much deeper than that it was. Music is possibly the purest form of self expression there is. Every time some sits down to write or play music, it's like a manifestation of their soul, but if I said that to someone they would probably think I was crazy or some kind of zealot. Yes, exactly! Saving lives matters to me, but it feels so... ephemeral. The music goes beyond that, if that makes any sense. I said, hoping that it would make sense to Logan. It seemed like it did.

Logan's suggestion seemed innocent, but it cut me to the core. I'd considered changing careers a number of times, but it'd never even seemed like an option. Having someone else suggest it made it that much more real. I knew that nobody but Logan would understand why I would give up so many years of hard work to become a musician. I can't say that I haven't, but every time I consider it there's always some reason not to. With a flash of guilt, I realized that I'd been talking about myself so much, and I didn't even know what Logan's job was. Do you play professionally?

I leaned back, giving myself some space to consider what I should too. I'd been too surprised by Logan's romantic gesture to consider the implications of agreeing to play with him. I knew that I liked him, but I'd already made him agree that we weren't on a date. I would be confused if I were him, which was exactly what I hadn't wanted to do. Look, I want to get to know you too, but dating a patient is unethical. I couldn't just say no though, If you want, I can find another GP for you, and then we can go on an actual date. I definitely couldn't say that I would rather take the stitches out of his leg than play music with him, but it was important that he had formally changed doctors before things became anything other than platonic.

I couldn't avoid thinking about what Ben'd done. The moment he crossed my mind, my excitement to play with Logan dimmed. Everything else too. I'd already admitted that I was sexually attracted to Logan, but I hadn't even considered having sex while I was still infected. There was no guarantee that I'd be cured beyond Ben's word, which was virtually worthless to me. Even as the logical side of my brain found a million reasons as to why I should stay away from Logan, my emotions were spinning out of control, which was endlessly frustrating. Ben was an endless shadow over my whole life. Any happiness I felt was constantly dampened by fear. Even my feelings for Logan were being choked as if they were sweet flowers being overtaken by thistles.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:37 pm

Music is... I started, trying to figure out how to word it. I had no doubt she'd agree. It's time travel. When I can hold my bow hand and play a song that is so deeply rooted into my memories like an ambient backdrop to a brief moment in time, it's just... It's takes me back. Music is emotion, and emotion is memory. I swear, when I'm eighty I'll be able to listen to the piece we are now and instantly feel like I'm twenty-nine again. I just can't think of anything more powerful than that. It's funny actually, people complain about getting songs stuck in their head, but I get my head stuck in song and I can't think of anywhere else I'd want my mind to be. Playing twinkle, twinkle, little star instantly made me feel near to Penny. Playing that obnoxious piece my father made me play endlessly... I couldn't even remember the name to it, but it instantly made me feel like my mother was close. Is there anything more important to life than memory? Isn't memory what history is made up of? Isn't that all we leave behind? I don't know, I just think unlocking memory through music is probably the most powerful thing we're capable of. Then again... I might be a bit biased. I laughed.

Yeah, I get that. I lied. I didn't get it. Routine and safety weren't words I cared to live my life by. I could thank being faced with death for that little... Revelation. I'd always been the type to 'live life to the fullest', it was just, my definition differed from everyone else's. Now it seemed I had a more extreme case of ambition, or stupidity depending on who you asked. No I uh... I dodged, again, I was saving my Seattle Symphony card for later. Acting modest was easy when you already knew which of your cards were good, and which were bad. And as I'd said before, I was saving those good cards for the perfect moment. Nah, I mean I've been considering it. But for now I'm just looking to get my position reinstated at the fire department. Actually... I paused, starting to think aloud. It might make sense for me to pursue music again. Fire season's over. Might as well get the best of both worlds, right? Having a seasonal position at the fire department and music for the majority of the year was the ideal setup, and it was in that moment when I decided that was exactly what I was going to do.

I should tensed up when she started with the word ''Look''. But I didn't, maybe I was over confident, or maybe I just knew from experience that the word ''no'' was just a stepping stone to ''yes''. And I meant that in the least creeper way possible. But what came next left a look on my face of complete and utter surprise. Why hadn't I thought of that? Of course she wanted my D, but she was professional as hell. I should have put the pieces together sooner. I uh... Admittedly I didn't think you were interested. I said through a permanent smile. I guess I just didn't think about the doctor/patient thing. But hell, if that's all it takes, as great as I think you are at your job, I'm gonna have to fire ya' Dr. Davis. I laughed. I'd rather get to know Laurel.

Back to top Go down

Laurel Davis | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:06 pm

His statement about memories was so true. Hearing a specific song could send me just about anywhere - to my own memories or even to some faraway place that I'd never been before. I could hear song and feel like I was anywhere from Arabia to Japan or just sitting in my parents' house on a rainy day. It had power over our hearts and minds. That was serious business. I couldn't help but think that it was one thing that had remained constant in my life, especially lately. Talking to Logan reminded me of all this, but also made me feel like a coward. I wanted to share my love for music with the world through performance, but I let fear hold me back. I knew my parents would be angry if I chose to give up my life as a doctor. They would say that sending me to Columbia had been a waste.

That was just an excuse though. My parents would love to hear me play and wouldn't mind that I'd given up the prestige of being a doctor because I'd have the prestige of being a musician. What really held me back was my fear of change. I didn't want to step out of my comfort zone and do something like play in front of lots of people.

I couldn't say all that to Logan. I liked him, sure. I definitely didn't know him well enough to share my fears with him, even if we did connect so much about music. There was something enigmatic about him, probably because he hadn't told me much about himself. It was one thing to read a patient's file and another thing entirely different to actually know that person. I did want to get to know him.

I looked at him thoughtfully. That's so true. It has a way of connecting people and moments even if they're centuries apart. Maybe I'll hear this song in fifty years and think of you. See you in my mind, sitting in front of me exactly how you are now. I had a strange sense of nostalgia, wondering where I would be in fifty years. Would thinking of Logan bring good memories or bad ones when I was eighty years old?

I looked at him wistfully, partly because of the direction of my thoughts and partly because I wished I could do what he did and be a doctor part-time and a pianist part-time. Our conversation was making me yearn to play more and more, like just the occasional session after work here and there wasn't enough. That's a really good idea. I didn't know you were a fire fighter, actually. Once again I felt guilty for spending so much time talking about myself when I clearly knew so little about him. I'd been here, feeling, admittedly, proud of myself because of my profession and how I saved lives, but that was something he did too. It explained all the muscles, and I couldn't help but glance briefly at his biceps at the thought. Impeccable.

I blushed a little at my own thoughts and smiled at him, I'm sorry to hear that Mr. Byrne. and then my smile turned slightly suggestive, since I was no longer limited by ethics, I'm definitely interested.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:58 am

Now... Had that blubbery mumbo jumbo I'd just puked in her direction hit a tingly nerve? There was truth to it, in fact, I felt all of it was true. But it was worded so fucking lame I had to pinch myself under the table as punishment for being such a sap. It was okay, as much as Laurel's mind had been fucking mine in the most desirable way I could imagine, I had to remind myself of the goal. I was getting sucked into every word she spoke, and I was quickly losing grip on my goals here. No, don't dig her too much man. If she knew what you were really like she'd bin you like an old lipstick. I thought to myself, trying to visualize what kind of kinky shit she could be hiding behind her clothes. My daydreams were flickering off unfortunately, like bad cable reception. I was getting sucked in, fuck.

I gestured at the two of us with a wide smile. It connected us, we're proof. Was it strong enough to connect more than just our minds? Bodies maybe? Ballsacks, even thinking that made me wanna sock myself. She was a lady, and fuck me if I wasn't the tramp. If anyone talked to her in the way I thought of her they'd be shittin' out their own teeth for weeks. I raised my brows and sat back, trying not to look too damn cocky. This song will remind me of you for sure. I can guarantee it. Wait... Fuck, no. I mean that in the most... Unofficial way... Platonic? No... I mean yeah but... Okay, lets think before we speak. Let's face it. Your mind is compelling, you're successful, stunning, and share my passion for music it seems. I'm just saying, you'd be hard to forget. There, keeping my position and interest known without making it seem like I wanted her to be my wifey was important. And now it was out there.

Yeah I mean, I'm not bringing people back from the brink or anything. I'm just making sure they're safe enough that you have an opportunity to do that. Yes, good job man. You suave son of a bitch. I'd had a few stutters, a few fall backs, but my game was comin' back. I'm sorry too. It's a shame. I replied sarcastically, smirking confidently. I guess since I'm no longer your patient, it's okay to ask you what else your into? What does Laurel do for fun other than music?

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics