setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Side With The Devil - Page 2

[Private] Side With The Devil

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Side With The Devil

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:06 pm

The door gently shut behind the biker and I turned to face Jack and Luxx. I was glad to feel Luxx's emotions turn from rage to something that felt like mirth. The guy's large exterior made the act more impressive than it was. He was so weak-minded that changing his emotions had been like sculpting play-doh. I smiled at her praise, you just gotta know the right stuff to say, I said, mainly for Jack's benefit. I didn't think she knew about my gift, unless Onyx had told her, but I couldn't really explain it with two humans in earshot.

I took the artwork from her and studied it, it was quite a beautiful piece, much more intricate than any of the little pieces that I had. That will look amazing, I said truthfully, I've considered getting a sleeve myself, but it's too much commitment. I definitely think I want a color piece though All of my tattoos were little nods to pieces of myself, so I liked them, but I'd seen some really amazing ink in the pack and it made me want something more complex than a tiny black and white wolf on my ankle or whatever.

The movement of her hand running over her scar drew my eyes, and I studied it for a moment. It was a nasty one, and I wondered where she got it. Wolves tended to wear their scars like badges of honor since it took some real damage for a wolf to even get one. She was trying to cover hers though, which meant that she wasn't proud of how she'd gotten it. It was definitely not a good idea to ask either, or I'd be the focus of her wrath next.

"Give me a minute to get set up and we can get started," Jack said, heading down the hall and turning into one of the rooms. He was leaving me to entertain Luxx, which wasn't how I'd expected to spend the morning. Luxx was a bit of an enigma to me, especially since I had no idea where she came from or why she was here, except to fight the Supremacy. In all honesty, I barely even knew what the Supremacy was, so none of that was a major clue. Plus, she got along with Onyx about as well as I did. At least, he didn't seem to trust her, and I trusted Onyx, more or less. So I didn't exactly feel inclined to have some kind of slumber party with her or anything, but she definitely seemed a lot more chill than I had originally thought.

I flopped into one of the chairs meant for waiting patrons, slouching low in the seat, Oh, I thought you'd realized. I work at One Shot, I said, my tone colored by surprise. I guess nobody'd come out and said it, but there were some references to my job I thought. Hell, I'd ended up a little drunk, so maybe my memory wasn't perfect. This'd probably be a step up, 'cept I can't do art for shit.

My brother works here, but he's out of town right now, I explained, Sometimes I hang around with Jack when I'm bored, I said with a shrug. The real reason that I was here was to see if I could find any clues about where Landon'd gone, not that I didn't like Jack. He did let me laze around drinking beer on his couch all morning.

Back to top Go down

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:25 am

Never in my life had I wanted someone to train me so badly than I did right now. No, that wasn’t true. Olympia didn’t hold even a match to the desire to be as battle-ready as Dominion or as spiritually connected as Sona but they had been pack. This was definitely a first. To get people to do things I said just because I said it the right way? Fuck! I was forever saying the wrong shit. For a good reason though. For a very good reason. As tempted as I was to learn this trick I wasn’t about to ask. Hell no. Not only did I not have time for self-fulfilment outside of liquor and some ink. I also didn’t want to give anyone a reason to think I was going soft on the Pacific.

“A commitment…” I mumbled to myself looking from the drawing to my arm. I hadn’t thought of it that way. What was this a commitment to? Keeping fucking secrets? To not looking like a weak ass fool? Who the fuck knew. I just liked the sound of it. This was definitely not a waste of my time. Nor was talking to Olympia away from her Pack Master. Very nostalgic actually. Made me remember conversations with many Pacific wolves by themselves, where they were more likely to give me the time of day if no-one else could see them do it. Fucking pack wolves. “Color sounds more like a commitment, doesn’t that require touch-ups? I’ve got no time for that shit.”

Dropping heavily into a chair of my own I actually began to laugh. Oh fuck. This was a goddamn riot. “Funny thing is, I think I’m about to be your co-worker…an indentured servant girl is probably the correct bloody term.” Yeah. Unpaid slave labour was in my future. “Ozra that fucker, has always thought it would be hilarious to watch me serve drinks to the Pacific pack, especially that fuck weasel Ollurian….but he won’t be getting the full pleasure of that image.” It was a harsh statement, given what had happened to the pack, but there was a difference between being kind and being a fucking pussy. Getting soft didn’t serve me, didn’t serve Olympia, it didn’t serve any wolf. “I spend enough time in bars that it’s not really going to be terrible…..what’s it like working for Ozra?”

Being kind did not include eye-rolls so I kept the one I wanted to make to myself. “I keep forgetting you lot hang out with humans for fun.” I was beginning to understand why now. With so few wolves to entertain their time with it made sense to have to seek outside company. But these fuckers were doing it out of choice before the end of days. “I take it your brother isn’t a wolf then? Since I would assume Onyx would have pulled rank on him by now if he was.” Couldn’t imagine he would let him stay away if he was from the pack, unless of course he didn’t know.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:42 pm

That sleeve's got a little color in it, I said with a nod towards where Jack had disappeared, I just mean that if the tattoo's small, it's easier to get it covered or removed if you don't like it. Obviously having time to get maintenance done wasn't a problem, since I was hanging around the tattoo parlor for no reason already, but have my entire arm inked scared me. I thought the black band and the trees looked cool, but I thought that only having black ink looked a little boring. The sleeve Lilith was getting looked awesome, with the red mixed in with the other colors to add some interest. I wanted a piece like that, but smaller.

You mean that's the favor he's asked of you? I'd always kind of thought of Ozra as being that older guy that's seen it all.
I'd figured that if I'd been promised a favor from Lilith, I would use it for something a little less mundane than having her be a bartender. I'd guessed that Ozra didn't like Lilith, but even if he thought having her serve the pack would be some kind of punishment, the pack was gone. She wouldn't be serving the pack, just a bunch of drunk humans. They were the best tippers anyway.

It's not bad. I guess his mate's a bit of a hardass, but the owner of the last bar I worked at was a total cunt. Makes Ozra look downright angelic, Ozra and I'd always gotten along great though, he'd given me good shifts and made sure the wolves stayed in line while I was working. No doubt Lilith could take care of herself, but she probably wouldn't have those benefits if Ozra really treated her the way that she said.

I gave her a confused look, Why not? Humans are fun, and it's not like becoming a wolf made me some kind of fuckin' enlightened Buddha. I'd never understood those wolves that thought of themselves as some kind of god just because they were wolves. The pack-borns were the worst, but sometimes a turned wolf would get a huge ego as well. If being a wolf made you so amazing, then why was I such a fuckup who couldn't deal with her own problems and worked a dead-end job serving humans drinks?

Back to top Go down

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:36 pm

Huh? I took a closer look at the drawing and raised an eyebrow. So it did. Shows how much I pay attention. Shit. Shrugging I submitted to the deal that to keep those blood red depths I would have to come to the tattoo parlor. Since Olympia seemed to hang out here, that didn’t seem so bad. Look at that! Did I just admit her company wasn’t fucking terrible? What the fuck was wrong with me? Slightly disgruntled that it seemed like the Pacific was getting under my skin I let the paper with my soon to be sleeve float to the ground. I was just acting out what I wanted Onyx to do, that was all. He needed to accept all wolves with open fucking arms if this army was going to work. So I was doing the same to show him how it was done.

Angelic. Bursting into another reel of laughter I gripped my side. “Fuck, never thought I’d hear that word when someone described Ozra, though I’m sure he was real nice to you.” Ozra was neither a dickhead nor a friend to me. I knew he kept me close in order to protect Onyx in some way but there was also another reason that I could never quite wrap my head around. Maybe he and I were alike in ways I couldn’t even imagine to believe. “Never had much to do with his mate, I think he wanted to keep me a dirty little secret if you know what I mean.” Bouncing my eyebrows I giggled trying to imply that Ozra just treated me like dirt because he wanted a big ol slice of Lil. So far from the truth it was unreal. More than likely I’d never been introduced because back then it was a fucking sin to be seen talking to me. The rest of the pack just put up with Onyx hanging out with me because I was his problem.

"I have three favors remember? I put my neck out for the cause." I was so dedicated to this shit that I was throwing myself into the flames. At everyone's mercy because I wanted this so bad. Revenge. Retribution. "I know for a fact that, thats number one...number two is probably gong to be something fucked up, like giving your Alpha a lap dance." Something along those lines. The first was to make me submit to pack, the second to its Pack Master. As much as playing stripper left a bad taste in my mouth, that third favor, now that one really turned my stomach. The unknown.

“It should have.” I frowned disgusted in her whole statement. Every single part of it reeked of the same bullshit I was beginning to sense from her Alpha. They didn’t fully embrace and celebrate being wolves. In fact Onyx treated it like a death sentence. Swallowing a ball of something weird that rose in my throat, I banished the Pack Master from my head. Nope. Had been drinking like liquor was being pulled from the shelves for days. I wasn’t going to ruin that haze. A haze that had been blocking me from thinking about the Cliffs. Fuck that place. “I enjoy not being one of those fuckers so much now, that I despise spending time with them. I fucking hate it. Why be reminded of weakness….” Of any number of bloody things that I attributed to them. “Your pack needs to spend less time mingling with food and more time communing with the moon.”

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:28 pm

My eyes followed the paper as it drifted to the ground, and I briefly wondered why she had let it fall to the floor in the first place. Someone at some point in time would have to pick that up, probably her since she would need to bring it with her when Jack was ready to start. I hadn't really figured out what to think about Luxx. I knew she had history with the pack, but it wasn't exactly good history. She didn't seem to get along with Onyx amazingly well either, but here she was, helping both the pack and Onyx. I didn't trust her, partially because I didn't understand her and partially because Onyx didn't. I didn't think Onyx was a good judge of character, but in this case something felt off to me.

I raised my eyebrows at her implications but said nothing. Ozra and his first had always been pretty solid, although it was hardly uncommon for wolves to mate with others besides their firsts. Why does he hate you so much anyway? The way Luxx made him sound made him seem like some kind of asshole that hated her because she wouldn't have sex with him, which didn't really seem like Ozra. Ozra wasn't perfect, but he wasn't petty and vindictive. He'd given me good advice and a job when I'd first arrived in Index, and I'd come to respect him. Well, the respect part had decreased a little when he ditched the pack to go hide, but I definitely didn't hate him like Luxx seemed to.

I rolled my eyes, I'd puke if Ozra asked me to give Onyx a lap dance. It was the truth. Physically? Yeah, he was pretty sexy. But in every other aspect a bit of an idiot, really. I wasn't as disgusted by him as I had been initially, but I didn't count myself a member of his fan club either. Why'd you offer him three favors when he only asked for one, then? I didn't ask about the money or where it'd come from, even though I was definitely curious. Luxx was a lone, and lones tended to be some kind of nomad, as opposed to wealthy enough to pay for bar renovations.

I frowned at Luxx's statement about hating humans and weakness. Somehow her words made me feel unbelievably sad. Maybe it was because I definitely didn't feel that being a wolf had eliminated any weakness. I guess physically I was stronger, but I wasn't exactly having the time of my life. I'd found solace in having the pack nearby, but that was gone. I'd had my brother, but he was gone too. Being a wolf didn't make it easier for me to bring him back. I didn't know what kind of enlightenment Luxx had, but whatever it was, I lacked it. And I definitely didn't agree with her statement that humans were food; that was just downright cannibalistic.

The best part of the pack was the community it provided, and that was gone. Why shouldn't I hang around a different kind of community, one that wasn't going to be kidnapped or run away or have to deal with the Supremacy? There was a reason that I spent most of my time either buzzed or straight up drunk, and it wasn't because I was enveloped by the security of the pack - that was for sure. What pack? I said lowly.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics