setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Side With The Devil - Page 4

[Private] Side With The Devil

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Side With The Devil

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:26 pm

Dealing with Luxx and Onyx was like running in headache-inducing circles. Neither of them would tell me what was happening. Actually, I was pretty sure Onyx was avoiding me. You don't tell somebody that they're one of a few remaining pack members and then not give them more details. I could see that Luxx thought that we were going to be sheltering wolves and had sacrificed herself (and quite loudly mourned her own martyrdom) so that Ozra would come back, but I didn't really see how all that fit in with the Supremacy. I couldn't guess at Onyx's plans. Luxx was beyond a mystery to me.

I looked at her in disbelief when she said she planned to fight. Luxx wasn't especially impressive looking, although I'd never seen her wolf. The Supremacy had been powerful enough to take out a large portion of the Pacific pack and scare off the rest. I didn't see how her and Onyx and me and whoever else would be able to take them on. If the Pacific Pack already ran why would others view us as some kind of refuge? I was frustrated with my lack of knowledge. Luxx was too busy riding on her high horse and withholding any really useful information, and Onyx was off doing who knows what because I hadn't talked to him since One Shot.

I looked at Luxx intently, trying to figure out what she was talking about, What? How? She kept saying things like "vengeance" and "retribution" yet when I asked her about it she tried to pull some kind of innocent act "You'll have to ask Onyx about that". What kind of bullshit answer was that? I knew Onyx wasn't useless but he was useless as long as he didn't talk to me. The same went to Luxx. I didn't plan on joining her crazy cause without some kind of an explanation. I wasn't about to be some stupid pawn in their shitty game.

Luxx's question took me by surprise and I frowned at her for a moment before I responded, Are you asking me if I would be able to or if I care enough about your life to try? I didn't see why she got to give me all these cryptic answers and then turn around and ask if I would save her from fangers? Would she be mad if I told her it would be suicide for me to try to save her and I thought that one death was better than two? Did she expect me to turn around and declare my undying loyalty to her?

Back to top Go down

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:21 pm

My mouth opened but no words came out. I didn’t exactly know what I should say. Considering Olympia just didn’t spit at me and push me out of the Tattoo parlor made me realized that Onyx hadn’t told her about what I had told him about me. The first instinct should have been to warn his pack, of the cannibalistic, war mongering nut job who was offering her services as a watchdog. He hadn’t though. Did that mean by default I should feel obligated not to tread on his toes and tell Olympia what I knew? He had never openly admitted, not really, that his pack had abandoned him and mentioning that, while the truth, would not help this…rally behind the Pack Master bullshit I was trying to create. Fuck me why was I even bothering?

“Onyx is the only Pack Master left in this region, all the others are dead.” I could sense she was in the dark, maybe Onyx hadn’t gotten around to filling her in. It made me somewhat uncomfortable knowing that I probably had more of an idea what the fuck was going on than a member of his own pack. Uncomfortable but smug, an interesting cocktail. “Wolves need a leader, and he’s it.” I couldn’t give her much more than that because fuck, no plans had been laid, I had ideas but I wasn’t allowed to put any into practice until I run them by the fucking big boss. Fuck, now Olympia had me looking at what the fuck I had been doing since I got here and I felt ashamed. Sure I’d done more than fucking Onyx but not as much as I should be doing. I was wallowing in my misery, and his, now that it was carved into my brain. “This was, and probably still is, the biggest pack around, power in numbers.” If I wanted to survive I would remain on my own. Since I wanted to live I had to join with others.

I grinned at her response to my question. “Now that’s an interesting thought. You shouldn’t really be wondering about the How at this point when you just, kinda, let the Lone know you aren’t confident in your abilities.” She hadn’t exactly said she was garbage but if Onyx was anything to go by, and he would be, then she needed work. They all fucking did. Will, passion, drive was part of the battle.

Old thoughts of building up the women of packs came flooding back. Once upon a time sexism had bothered me a great deal. Something of a remembrance of my human years I imagined. Now I didn’t voice it as passionately because truly it was up to us to break tradition. Bitching didn’t change anything. “Because I literally meant would you bother? We don’t need to be fucking bosom buddies, I just need to know whose got my back like I have theirs…maybe we can trade, if you can find it in yourself to save a wolf outside your little family….then I’ll make sure if it comes to that, you’ll be able to in a heartbeat.” Did I just offer to train a wolf from the Pacific. Fuck. Miracles. The tattoo artist looked inpatient so I lifted a hand to let him know I was coming. As soon as his back was turned I flashed my yellow glowing eyes at Olympia. “If you should believe anything about me, then believe that I know how to fight, and to win.”

Back to top Go down

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:24 pm

One thing that I often wondered was why I came back to Index. I had a pretty strong sense of loyalty to the pack, but I couldn't really say that a sense of loyalty was enough to balance the sense of danger that hadn't left me since I'd arrived. The most obvious answer was that I had nowhere else to go. I'd spent enough time with what was left of the Colorado pack to know that I wouldn't be any better off in Aspen, and I had to agree that heading East might actually be a lost cause. I didn't necessarily like Luxx, but I could understand her desire to fight back. I'd learned that Odin's time had been a lie, but it had been peaceful, and I wouldn't mind that peace.

Still, Onyx had hardly proven himself to be the leader that Luxx had declared him to be. I'd had probably one real conversation with him, and he'd managed to blame all of his problems on Odin and the pack. I couldn't deny that Odin had obviously messed some shit up, but Onyx's inability to see beyond it and seek resolution was what made it really difficult to see him as the glue that would help these wolves unite and fight back. He hadn't even bothered to explain things to me, one of the few members to come back without needing to be bribed. It was hard to follow a brick wall into battle, even if he did have some kind of self-important lone riding his ass.

I gave Luxx a strange look, I never said that, I said. The truth was, up to this point I hadn't put much effort into training. I'd fought vampires before and came out fine. I'd never imagined that something like the Supremacy existed. Sure, I wanted to learn, but I didn't really feel any remorse about my level of skill. Nor had I ever said that I wasn't "confident in my abilities" which was honestly the most condescending way of phrasing that. Why Luxx went from some kind of recruiter to suggesting that she was a danger to me hardly made me want to hop on board with whatever she and Onyx had planned.

I wouldn't let you die in cold blood, if that's what you're asking. I don't know what you and Onyx have planned, so if you can find it in yourself to stop being a cryptic asshole, then I would be happy to save you from a nest of fangers and join whatever you have planned against the Supremacy. I rolled my eyes at her show of power and stood up.

Good luck with the tattoo. If you're ready to share then you know where to find me, I said as a goodbye, nodding to Luxx and Jack as I left.

Back to top Go down

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:26 pm

Cryptic asshole? Now that was not an insult I’d heard before. I could see why she was Ozra’s favorite, considering he called me a Sneaky Bitch. Olympia was right, she had ever said she was in need of training and that seemed to be the fucking problem I was going to face. Getting any of these wolves to admit that they needed help. It was true I knew I wasn’t going the right way about it but I wasn’t trying to grow an acceptance for weakness either. They didn’t need help. Keeping hold of that conviction could get them killed but faith in themselves, in their own ability to be significant, was worth more than the blood I would have to shed to protect them. I couldn’t give them the strength of prophecy but I could start reading mine properly.

This moment was one of interesting clarity. Due to pushing the Be Open portion of my Prophecy to the side, I’d come to realize that it didn’t just extend to Onyx. This was a general fucking thing. If I’d just been honest and open then maybe I wouldn’t feel like I was fucking shit up all the time. All it would have taken is just…giving her something, any information. Shrugging I handed the art over. At least she hadn’t just told me to get fucked. Giggling to myself I followed the artist into the back room. Actually, that couldn’t have gone better. I’d learned something new and now also had a new motivation to actually get off my arse and do something. Even though I’d been reluctant to say a fucking thing, not wanting to give Onyx any more ammunition to fire at my head in front of everyone. I also actually didn’t have fuck all to tell her. I literally had no plan. That was actually fucking sad.

Finding Wolves was one thing but I had a collar. I’d shown it to Onyx but had then just hidden it. “Hey, what’s your name?” “Jack” “Well Jack, can you help me out I’d put my friend's number in my phone wrong, I’ve just realized I haven’t put in enough digits…think you could help me out?” I knew exactly what I was going to share with Olympia.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics