setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Side With The Devil - Page 3

[Private] Side With The Devil

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Side With The Devil

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:28 pm

Shaking my head I actually giggled. Ozra was actually the one wolf in this pack I felt understood me better than any other. That wasn’t just because he had heard more than he needed to when I had been too intoxicated to keep my mouth shut. Or the countless times I had passed out at One Shot and apparently talked in my sleep. There was an unspoken rule of thumb we both lived by. In reality he was better than it than I was. “He doesn’t hate me, and I don’t hate him, we just understand each other that’s all.” We both understood wolves in general. He looked more to the positive side, and I tended to lean to the darker. We met in the middle however.

No other words in the English language could have made me like Olympia more. Which was fucked up considering I didn’t know I should be feeling glee when one of his own pack spoke about him like that. “Me too, me too.” It was true. No amount of being kind would get me to clamber up on his lap and purr like a kitten. There was always a way to twist and manipulate a deal though, so if that was indeed what Ozra asked of me, then I’d find a way around it. Sighing I had to tell myself that being angry at her for being dumb was like slapping a disabled kid. It wasn’t her fault she was so dim-witted, look at the Alpha she had to deal with. “Ozra and I being…well fuck we aren’t friends, I don’t have a word for it…being whatever we are, doesn’t change the fact he’s Pacific Pack and I’m a Lone.” I bent down and picked up the artwork I’d dropped now solidifying my distance from their pack. “I have to offer double, if not triple to get the same results you can…plus I was fucking trying to show how serious I am about all of this, your fucking Pack Master just doesn’t believe me.” No matter what I did. No matter what I’d said. Maybe now it was different?

Well fuck me. These wolves were miserable fuckers weren’t they? Holy shit I couldn’t even imagine that they had needed to face the fuckery I’d had to, for bloody years and yet they still wallowed in their own despair and self-pity. I couldn’t for the life of me get angry at her. Not after what the ancestors had made me feel when being pulled through Onyx’s psyche. “You’re about to be a big part of a new one so you better brighten up sunshine. Wolves from all over this region are going to come here seeking protection from you and your Alpha. They are the outsiders, they are the ones who are truly destroyed. You have your Pack Master, they do not….” Since I couldn’t face Onyx I had yet to introduce Boom and Scarlet to him. Now Vilks was in the picture too.

Back to top Go down

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:37 pm

It seemed like the more I talked to Luxx, the less I understood her. I was under the impression that she and Ozra didn't like each other, but she was saying that they understood each other with some kind of knowing look on her face like she was fucking yoda or something. Except I wasn't Luke Skywalker and I had no idea what the hell she meant by any of it, How does understanding someone make you put them into indentured servitude? I asked, hopeful that yoda might shed some light on the subject.

As she continued speaking, I ran into mystery number two. Beyond this mysterious Supremacy, why was she here? I don't get it. You're a lone that hangs around with an alpha that doesn't trust you and then you basically sacrifice yourself to Ozra so that he'll come back. Why? If her response at all followed the pattern of this conversation I would probably end up with more questions rather than less, but the best I could do was ask and hope to understand Luxx and maybe get some insight into who she was and if I should trust her.

I looked at her angrily at her suggestion that somehow the Pacific pack had not suffered as much as other packs. I'd been around, I'd seen the destruction in other packs. I knew that it was horrible, but the Pacific pack had been severely reduced too. Just because Onyx was still here didn't mean that we weren't suffering. Onyx had come to some kind of understanding, but that didn't mean that I'd forgotten the things that he'd said to me. Onyx and I were miserable, and we knew it. I'm sorry that it's not good enough for you that I've had my entire family ripped away from me. You don't know anything if you think that Onyx is some kind of pillar of strength for me to lean on. It felt like Luxx was trying to say that I was acting selfish or something because I was hanging out with humans instead of providing psychological support to wolves who came to the pacific pack. I hadn't met any, and as far as I knew Onyx and I and maybe a few others were the only ones left. That was hardly a pack, and bringing in new ones was not the same as getting the old one back. These new wolves would probably be as happy to have to join us as we were to have them.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:18 pm

I didn’t fully believe that my prophecy had anything to do with other wolves, or humans, or Fangers, or Salem throwbacks. Kindness and Openness were things I was meant to serve up to Onyx, he was the only part that featured clearly in my destiny. Playing nice with the pack meant that on the battlefield they weren’t going to clearly ignore me when I was trying to pull off a flanking position or something. Fuck me this was tiring though. “I’d fuck with him too, given the opportunity, I’ve wrecked the bar, well not destroyed it, but done some serious damage in my time.” Trying to explain connections, my inner beliefs were always something I struggled with. This was about the only time I’d even been faced with having to actually speak them aloud. I knew what I was going on about, that was good enough for me. “Having a mutual bond doesn’t mean you have to share fucking tea and crumpets, give each other Birthday presents and braid each other’s fucking hair Olympia.” Pacific pack were so…human sometimes. “He gets me, I get him, we accept each other, darkness and all.” Not completely of course. He hadn’t even seen the worst of it.

Rubbing my fingers over my eyes I had to push myself to answer yet another painful question. “Because it’s not all about you, fucking Pacific pack, so far inserted into your own asses. I want revenge for all wolves, I want to keep us all safe. Fuck Onyx. Fuck Ozra. Fuck me even. As individuals we don’t matter. Our species is on the brink of extinction in this part of America…maybe all of it and all you can ask me is why I hang with your Pack Master and offer myself up on platters to bar owners?” Sighing I leaned back in the chair, completely and utterly exhausted. This was part of the truth but not the whole truth. A dish that I was an expert in serving. “I’ll do everything I can to destroy the Supremacy and make them pay for what they have done…to all packs…to everyone.” That was the difference between me and her. She was so stuck in her own little Index bubble.

A clusterfuck of emotions hit me, which made me glad I was slumped back in my seat. Fuck. I’d wanted to get away from the tidal pool kaleidoscope fuck fest that was my head right now, not dredge it all back up. “I’ve never had a family, ever, not a real one that felt warm and loving so forgive me that I can’t give you a cuddle because you miss yours.” I took a deep breath considering how to word what I needed to say next, without sounding completely mad considering I had just agreed that lap dancing for the Alpha was not on my to do list. “Treating him like he’s useless will just make that true. He’s a fucking asshole, drunk, chain-smoking, toolbox of a wank but he also knows it. Your family, your pack, new and old, don’t need you making that fucking worse.”

Back to top Go down

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:36 pm

I shifted in my chair, crossing my arms and slouching down so that my butt hung over the edge of the seat. I couldn't pretend to understand what the hell Luxx meant except that maybe she and Ozra enjoyed fucking around with each other and somehow that was related to their understanding. It wasn't like I expected Luxx to get along well with other wolves, but that I'd figured there was some kind of story about how she'd almost burned down the bar, and that why was Ozra hated her. Saying that Ozra understood her wouldn't explain in any way why he mistreated her so much, but I couldn't bring myself to want to care. Luxx was starting to give me that "woe to me" vibe that wolves who've had a rough childhood have. Maybe it was insensitive, but wolves who used their childhood as an excuse to complain annoyed me more than the straight up obnoxious ones. Just because Luxx seemed to be on some kind of mission to save the world didn't mean that she could act like she was some kind of hero who had risen from the ashes of her miserable life which no one else (except Ozra) could ever understand.

Yeah, fuck that.

Alright, so, beyond playing Ozra's little bartender or whatever, what's your plan for revenge? While I didn't understand Luxx's strange relationship with Ozra, I had a desire for action. When I said I'd lost my family I was referring to the pack. Sure they were a bunch of idiots, but I'd realized that I cared about them. I missed running with them every full moon. Running with the pack in Aspen had only given me a sense of loneliness, despite the fact that that pack hadn't been affected by the Supremacy yet and was still brimming with wolves. I wanted my pack back. I wanted my brother back. I wanted the Supremacy gone.

I looked over at Luxx, When I said family, I was referring to the pack. I haven't exactly had a warm and fuzzy family either, but I still count them as mine. And I'm not a bitch about it. I thought sullenly, resisting the urge to glare at her. I've never treated Onyx like he's useless. I guess I just wonder what makes us so special that the wolves will come here and not out East where the effects aren't so strong?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:47 pm

Being actually drunk before having this conversation could have possibly helped with making it seem less like I was having teeth pulled. Booze made everything easier. Took the sharp edges off. Shaded everything over with a shiny gloss. Made me forget or at least distracted me long enough that I failed to remember certain things.

Always with the questions, but they never really wanted to listen to the answers. In my hungover state I was finding it even harder to concentrate on saying the right things. I never said the right things anyway, so what else was new? “Not my plans, I’m meant to be following orders like a good little soldier remember? Your Pack Master waggled his finger at me.” I sneered ever so slightly. I was doing as I was told. In a way. Sort of. Lones honor. Vilks had found me, not I him. So that didn’t count as far as I was concerned. Technically it was Kidd, the fifteen year old pup from a pack as negatively viewed as my own who was continuing to rally wolves. Not me personally and that was the current agreement was it not? “You’ll have to ask Onyx about that.” Passing the buck. I had ideas a plenty rolling about my head but I had no clue whether any of them made much sense. Liquor, Fanger blood, it all made everything so twisted. “Fight, that’s what I intend to do.”

“Good, good.” Fuck sake. Between her and Onyx I was fucking confused. Did the Pacific have a heart? Did it even beat hard enough to survive this? Olympias Alpha spoke like his pack were the most important thing in the world, while using the voice of someone who swum in such misery. Olympia lacked faith in her own leaders strength and yet still fervently defended her pack, declaring them family. What a fucking headache. “Run all that way for what? To hide? While we do that, what do you think happens? How do you even know that it hasn’t already spread that far?” Did the Pacific have enough to fight for? Could they find the strength? Fuck now she had me asking questions. Well at least I kept them to my fucking self. I’d leave the third degree inquisitions to her.

“You came back, from whenever you were, you could have run, battened down the hatches with whoever you found. Fuck that. I don’t want to just survive, I want to fucking live.” Yet I knew I was going to die. A sobering thought but also a miraculous one. Everything thing I did now, I could feel no regret. As long as I fulfilled my prophecy when Onyx killed me, I would be welcomed by the Ancestors on the otherside. I knew in my bones that Onyx killing me must mean I’d completed my task. He was alive, I hadn’t fallen in battle. “You have the chance to be part of something great. Retribution.” My eyes were sparkling getting sucked into my own fantasy of what this could become. Even though I would never be a part of it. Not really. “With a Pack that redefines the boundaries of family.” Realising I was letting my mouth go wild I looked up and saw the artist looked about ready to rock n roll.

“I have a question for ya, if I was getting mauled by a nest of Fangers, would you fight for me?” Maybe it was best for me to know exactly to count on when things went South. Better than trying to be nice and always failing at it. Fuck, it just always made more sense to be an asshole. I’d just go around and ask them straight. I didn’t give a fuck if they liked me. This wasn’t a fucking beauty pageant. My talent was drinking and then dancing to whatever you have on you. They’d already seen that shit. My evening wear was black leather and fur. Seen and sighted. Answering questions with a painted smile on my face? Fuck that.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics