setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open] Thief's Thirst - Page 2

[Open] Thief's Thirst

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open] Thief's Thirst

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:12 pm

God, that makes me feel better, I mean… that I’m not the only person who zones out like that. I did it a lot working at the store, to the extent that I wouldn’t even notice people come in. Just fucking, staring ahead of me, thinking about shit. Or especially on stock days or inventory days I’d just get in a zone, steamrollin’ that shit until it got done. A few years back they had a Christmas ball at um… Fuck, I forgot the name of the place. It was cool, but uh, it takes a lot to get me out of my pajamas, let alone into formalwear, you know?

I took a seat, but not before grabbing a flute of champagne from a passing server with a tray. I sat it on the table and reached to meet her hand. I’m Michelle. By the way uh… is it weird of me to tell you that you look hot? I was forever awkward with this shit. I may or may not have been hitting on her, but shit, she did. Maybe I should hit the brakes a bit because I really didn’t even know if this was a date or no with Kai. I mean, shit, I shaved my legs, Caly helped me with my makeup and hair, and for fucks’ sake I was wearing heels. To be honest if I wear heels it’s a fucking date. I looked around, getting a little concerned that I had yet to see Kai. Was he having trouble getting in? Or worse? Dude seemed to love his phone so far, so least I could do was shoot him a text.

Excuse me, supposed to meet someone here, gonna make sure he made it in okay. I pulled my phone from my tiny ass bag and laid it on the table, typing out the text.

Burning Man
Seems awful boring in hell without Satan. ;) Make it in okay?

@Calypso Bea Paxon

Back to top Go down

Blake Vancel | Vampire; Young

Posted on Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:27 pm

"Hahaha, oh I agree!" I said laughing, "To me, curling up in my bed with a big ole blanket is the best way to spend a day. Bonus points if I have a good book or a cheesy movie."

I leaned my elbow on the table and placed my chin on my palm smiling big. It'd been awhile since she's had a compliment that sincere and her awkward delivery made it all the more endearing. "It's not weird at all, thank you. You look very extravagant yourself." Wait, am I flirting? Is she flirting? I  finished off my drink and set the glass gently on the table off to the side.

"Oh, go right ahead." I said as she took her phone out of her purse. I used this moment to really take in her appearance. Her bright red lips and smokey eye makeup highlighted her pale blue eyes. Okay, maybe she wasn't flirting and is actually here with someone. I'd been lying if I said I wouldn't have been disappointed if that was the case. After all, what's the fun of working without any fun?

I let out a small sigh and looked around for another waiter with drinks. For some reason I was feeling extra jittery tonight.

Back to top Go down

Malakai Greenmantle III | Warlock; Elementalist

Posted on Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:34 am

Navi was bleating in my hand even before I slid my phone away. More than likely the accumulating comments revolved around one blaring issue with my status update. Laudanum was not a band I listened to. I had been aware of the rumors that their entire roster was in fact, of the fanged persuasion and not just masquerading. Confirming that detail had not influenced whether or not they featured on my playlist. Music that sounded like it was potentially going to liquefy my ear drums during long exposure, didn’t appeal. In the middle of my phones usual racket a different sound rang out and I sniggered as two gothed up women shook their heads at me, laughing behind their hands. That, was very loud. Would have to run some volume control on my message tone for Michelle at a later date.

Checking the text, grinning, I closed my eyes briefly to seek the pulse of my Earthen Seal. It actually took me a while to locate given the room was filled with Supernatural auras and various other pulses of energy. Faintly I discovered it and followed the tug of my own arcane manipulation towards Michelle. Just as I caught sight of her head among the crowd, sitting at a table, I had a tray swung in front of my face. “Drink Sir?” The women not only lowered the serving platter but also flicked back her long blonde hair, away from her neck. Well wasn’t this blatant. Looking to the glasses declaring what I was interested in without being rude I raised both eyebrows. Absinthe. With sugar cubes resting on skeleton hand spoons. I’d bet my left eyeball that they weren’t silver.

“Might as well start off with a bang.” She smiled and lifted a carafe of ice water from the center of the platter and poured it over one of the sugar lumps. “Two.” Holding up corresponding black nailed fingers, it was her turn to raise both eyebrows. “Not just for me, I’m aware this is probably not the bathwater version.” “Definitely not.” She laughed and steadied the tray as I removed both glasses from it. Flashing her a bright smile, I weaved through guests, keeping the grin as I snuck up behind Michelle.

“Green Fairy? Don’t make me drink both.” Leaning in behind her, dipping my mouth to her ear, I wrapped one arm around her, presenting the drink. Glancing up I noticed she had company already. A woman with flame inspired hair. Giving Michelle’s friend an apologetic wink I added in her direction. “Sorry, only two hands.” 

Back to top Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:03 am

Add some Jack to the mix and I’m in heaven, I admitted. In all honesty I couldn’t give two shits whether or not I sounded like an alcoholic. Maybe I even sounded proud about the fact that I could handle my juice. Speaking of cheesy movies - I saw the absolute worst the other day. Like, you know how a movie can be so bad it’s good? This was like, so bad it went beyond good and back into bad. Like bro it was about Elvis still being alive and fighting Egyptians or something. I took another drink of champagne and began to regret that more than likely there wasn’t any food for the humans since we were really meant to be the actual food ourselves. I’d kill for some Chipotle.

After putting my phone away, I eyed the flute and finished off the champagne, realizing this chick so far didn’t seem to be the judgey type, but again, would I care? Okay, maybe a little. But it wasn’t long before I heard Kai’s voice and felt his breath on my ear. Leave it to this guy to be smooth even while looking a bit ridiculous. I eyed the drink in front of me, never hearing of a Green Fairy before, usually I wasn’t the type for mixed drinks - but looking at it I had a feeling this wasn’t a typical mixed drink. Honestly, it took me way too long to connect the dots, especially with the spoons sitting right there. Wait, Absinthe? I asked with raised brows. I didn’t know much about it, only that I thought it wasn’t legal, and then I thought I saw it on the shelf at the liquor store the other day only to assume it was some watered down legal version. Dude, I was definitely game to try it, weak or not. As much as I’d like to see that, I’ll spare you, I said, finally, my eyes attempting to look at him and turning instead so that his lips grazed my cheek. Not intentional, but an accident either. Have either of you had it? Is this the real thing?

Back to top Go down

Blake Vancel | Vampire; Young

Posted on Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm

Oh! That sounds atrocious! I said curious about more, I've heard of Abe Lincoln killing vampires, but never about Elvis doing a darn thing! She started to feel a little more relaxed until she saw a tall, tanned blonde man with spiked hair walking towards the two. This place has strangest dress code for a party of this grandeur I've ever seen. I thought as I looked over at what he was wearing once he was closer.

When he leaned into her ear I felt slight wave of jealousy and annoyance. The wink he gave me did not help his case either. Clearly this had been the 'friend' Michelle was waiting for. Am I actually jealous about this, or could it just be because of the affection?  I pushed it aside quickly blaming his arrogance, Michelle seemed to know him and I didn't want to be rude. It seemed the lack of 'attention' I was getting as of late made me quick to despise public displays of affection.

I eyed the bright, green drinks in their hands. I could smell the high proof spirit from where I was sitting. The temperance period was such a sham and a waste, but the drink did remain timeless thanks to it, so I guess it wasn't all too bad.

What a shame, unless that was made in a bathtub or this tall fellow, I nodded in his direction, added a little bit of fun, real drugs, that little glass won't do anything. I leaned back in my chair and crossed my legs, If it is then, L'appel du vide! I shrugged hoping I wasn't being too rude, tilting my head slightly with a smile. The ban on absinthe was only a few years after my turn into a vampire. Only having it a few times, I never understood why Van Gogh and Picasso loved it so much. Lawrence used to tell me stories of when he would be drinking with Aleister Crowley, who was a proud drinker of absinthe,  and that man had some stories and beliefs to tell.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics