setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open] Thief's Thirst - Page 3

[Open] Thief's Thirst

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open] Thief's Thirst

Malakai Greenmantle III | Warlock; Elementalist

Posted on Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:08 am

Responding immediately to the conversation about Absinthe should have come naturally. I did shamelessly enjoy showing off what I knew, even if it was as insignificant as an alcoholic beverage and its relationship to the host of the party. Michelle’s skin barely sliding against my lips were more than enough to make me forget for a moment what the hell Absinthe even was. A light smirk pulled at my mouth as I dragged myself away and into a seat next to my date. Hell she made things complicated. Clearly my head wasn’t nearly as easy when I couldn’t run my hands through my hair either. Funny how one became aware of how important some automatic mannerisms were until faced with ridged hair gel. 

“If we weren’t at this particular party then I would definitely assume that it’s some American regulated version. Which means since the waitress just added more water to it, then it’s going to be about as intense as apple juice.” Chuckling I lifted the spoon from the top of my glass and inspected it. So much trouble had gone into making this look and feel authentic. Whether that was for show, or because something this illegal and expensive should be presented in style, I couldn’t be sure. What I was sure of is what I knew about Daron Wynyard. “I’m not a fan of the music, but Laudanum are the hosts of this party and their lead singer is rumoured to have more absinthe in his veins than actual blood….and I get the feeling that..” The pause in my sentence was short-lived when I knew the probability that Michelle’s red haired friend was Supernatural was pretty high. “…Vampires don’t really have too many problems with customs.”

The concept of this being 89% or anything around that mark made me a little nervous. I’d never been that much of an upper class liquor snob that I’d tried to get my hands on Absinthe that closely mimicked that of the French bohemian era. Even pouring over works by artists at many museums who had drowned themselves in the stuff, hadn’t been enough to spark my interest to that calibre. “You can join us in the bathtub then.” I waved at a man in white, once grabbing his attention I pointed to my glass and then to the red haired woman. He nodded very formally and disappeared.

Back to top Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:12 pm

A conversation about Absinthe was much better than a conversation about Bubba Ho-tep. Was I the only one who talked about dumb shit then had massive regret minutes later? I’m at this wicked party and the first impression I’m giving a gorgeous woman is fucking talking about Bubba Ho-Tep, like the worst movie ever. I lifted the glass, taking a sniff of it first like a kid smelling a food before trying it. It was really herbal, nothing like the whiskey or bourbon I was used to. Licorice? Shit, I don’t know. Was I supposed to wait for a toast or something? Or at least for the three of us all to have drinks. Fuck, why did I give a shit? Because I’m here with The (cooler adult) version of Richie Rich I should suddenly learn which fork to use and all that shit? Nah. Besides, I was probably just overthinking everything. I took a drink, scrunched my eyes and replaced the glass. I was right, sort of. But that was the closest comparison I could think of. Like the black kind that no one really liked. But for a drink? It was interesting.

Wait, you mean that’s the real Laudanum, not just a cover band? I mean.. I don’t know why I’d actually think there was a Laudanum cover band but, uh.. nevermind. I now looked toward the stage, noting this in my head as the first time I accidentally went to a concert. Nice.

I knew what this was, but my head still snapped to Kai for a brief moment, then back to my glass for another drink. It was the nonchalant attitude about it. Of course, I didn’t have the fear that I should, especially now that Kai had basically confirmed this really was a vampire sitting with us. But my heart raced a little because I was excited. I felt like a fangirl in the presence of a celebrity, not that I worshipped them. I just had a fucking million questions I knew would be annoying as fuck. Besides, while I knew shit could be fun, I wasn’t going to risk shit especially when I had a date to entertain. Then again, things could get real weird and I probably wouldn’t mind. He did say his ex was a vampire, right? Be careful, my mind might go to more than drinks, I said, my eyes darting to Kai.

Back to top Go down

Blake Vancel | Vampire; Young

Posted on Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:34 pm

A mischievous grin sprawled across my lips as I watched Michelle drink her beverage. I giggled lightly as her face scrunched up, Yeah, the taste of licorice isn't really one of my favorites either.

The same man in white returned with my own beverage bowing as I took it off his tray. I nodded my head in appreciation in his direction before he took off. I smelled the green drink, the earthy and floral tones bringing back memories of my early vampire days. I took a small sip and was instantly hit with a bitter, yet herbal licorice flavor. It had a honeyed texture, distinct herbal and floral notes, and a gentle roundness even though it was incredibly strong.

Ah, so the Warlock figured out what I was. I said casually, I am actually quite surprised to see you here. Then again, this is the first party I have been to in this town, especially one of this grandeur. I paused taking another sip of my drink. The last town I stayed the Witches and Warlocks didn't get along real well with the Vampires. Didn't quite get it, but I just stuck to myself.

I lifted my glass up to light, taking in the green reflections and the clarity of the absinthe. At this point I knew I was being a third wheel, but I had come to accept it. I found their relationship interesting to say the least. After all, if I am going to be in this town for awhile, it wouldn't hurt to have some fun. Hell, maybe these two could help her.

I took another drink and gently placed the glass on the table. I let out a small sigh of relief and held my hand out to shake his, I don't think we were actually introduced, my name is Blake.

Back to top Go down

Malakai Greenmantle III | Warlock; Elementalist

Posted on Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:18 am

Absinthe was not one of my poisons of choice. I had drunk some once upon a time at some weird themed party one Frat had held but probably not like this stuff. My automatic reaction was to shot the whole thing. Luckily I caught myself before I did. This was not a red cup of mystery liquid, it was potentially rocket fuel. Taking a large sip I tilted my head to the side in an almost cringe. I had a feeling I was going to need a chaser. Did champagne count as one? Eying up a passing tray I smirked at Michelle’s comment but it hadn’t really sunk in until something I hadn’t counted on happened.

It wasn’t her fault. Blake didn’t know that mentioning I was a Warlock was going to be like punching me in the face. Michelle didn’t know and this was not how I wanted her to find out. She might be aware of Wolves and Vampires. I couldn’t and wouldn’t stop her fascination with them. I understood how it would be like having a blindfold removed. It wasn’t like she didn’t know there was something different about me. Putting a label on it, felt like I was using my occult status as a pick-up line and also ignoring the fact any knowledge of any Supernatural species put her further in danger.

“To be honest I wasn’t sure, but it was a lucky guess given I’m sure ninety per cent of guests are and those that aren’t are in white. I have quite a few friends who are Vampires actually” Blake was about to become another one in a minute because I had a horrible plan. I hated, really hated the thought of manipulating someone’s will. The abilities of a Vampire always did bother me due to that. Compulsion. If I asked Blake to do this now, so I had a chance to tell Michelle on my own terms…then I was going to have to promise myself that at some point I would tell her. Shaking Blakes hand I took another sip from my Absinthe. “Malakai Greenmantle the third, but call me Kai.”

Back to top Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:25 pm

As with almost any booze each drink tasted better, and of course each drink only made me want more. By my third drink I finished the glass in a single drink which might not have been the most ladylike thing but it wasn’t like I popped a hole in the bottom and chugged it like a can of Bud. I sat the glass down and grinned wickedly, wondering just how long it would take for me to become an annoying drunk. It’s growing on me, I said, realizing it had been so long since she spoke that my reply might not make any sense.

Have you ever wished you had something in your mouth so you could spit it out for dramatic effect? Even water or something, since this shit was probably expensive. Maybe it was a good thing, since Kai seemed like the kind of person that would actually know I was using the wrong kind of fork or something. This girl, I didn’t know, but she at least seemed more down to earth. Kai was fun, and maybe he found my poor kid habits charming or something, but I wondered how I’d ever feel one hundred percent comfortable around him in situations where we weren’t both removing our clothing. Which, I’ll have to admit I was hoping would happen tonight whether I had to apply burn cream afterwards or not.

Warlock?! I said, my eyes wide open and my jaw practically hitting the floor first looking at the Blake then Kai.  That’s hilarious; my alt is a level 80 Warlock. Damn, had the stuff already loosened my tongue that much? I mean, not hilarious, sorry, I said, my face burning and I could tell I was probably as red as a freaking tomato. And here I was thinking I had Diablo at my arms.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics