setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Those of a Specific Type - Page 2

[Private] Those of a Specific Type

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben

Re: [Private] Those of a Specific Type

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:00 pm

I’d forgotten that in some ways Laurel was smarter than I’d given her credit for and she usually managed to surprise me. I noted her looking around her, realizing that of all creatures here, ironic as it may be, I was the least likely to actually bring her to her death. And a death by one of those creatures would be nothing more than that of a cow slaughtered for a few burgers at McDonald’s. At least if she died by my hand (which I wasn’t actually planning), there would at least be a bit of a story behind it. Unlike most people, I respected her, and even had the twisted notion that affording her a death by me would almost be a luxury she could eventually understand. She had seen the disgusting incontinent, shitting sack of wrinkles humans usually devolved into. I had escaped that fate, and I was more than content about it. The idea began to trickle through the crevices of my brain that perhaps - no, nevermind. Shit was too complicated already for that right now. God, if she would feel anything for me like I felt for Noelle, it was tempting. Really fucking tempting.

I always underestimate your intelligence. Does that mean you’ve come to understand that I honestly mean you no harm, Laurel? She had yet to understand that fixing all of her problems was an easier bit of medicine than most things in life. Or maybe that was why she was here. Outside we go, then, I hear the courtyard is lovely. Whether she was agreeable or not, I took her hand and pressed through the crowd, which became sparse near the exits. I easily pushed open the heavy door to the courtyard, complete with a meticulously groomed hedge maze. A fountain, benches, beautiful landscaping that seemed strangely healthy despite the season. We stopped just before a bench, but before sitting down, I turned to face her with one of my lesser menacing smiles. I have to commend you on your bravery. Or maybe you had no idea what you were walking into here. Finally I took a seat, cocking my head to the side as a simple silent invite for her to follow. Let’s chat, Dr. Davis. It’s been a long time.

Back to top Go down

Laurel Davis | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:06 pm

No, I've just realized that you're the my best option for stopping the harm you've already done me from getting worse. I said bitingly. I didn't consider myself a very snarky person, but my anger towards Ben sharpened my tongue until my words came out like I was shooting him with arrows.

I followed him outside and to the edge of a hedge maze. The courtyard was filled with unnaturally green plants which were almost as creepy as the vampires to whom they belonged. The whole place gave me the creeps honestly. If only I'd thought of a better way to go about finding Ben, I wouldn't be in this horrible place. His smile was on the edge of scary, despite the fact that his fangs were hidden, and I couldn't help but frown in response.

Yes. Let's. I said coldly. The way he said "chat" like this was just some fun little ditty that we were going to sing and not a matter of what he had done to me. Funny how I'd become a doctor and couldn't even save myself from being stupid enough to trust a lying weasel like Doctor Benjamin Reese. It has been a long time, especially for me. Since that time was spent dealing with what you did. I said angrily.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Posted on Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:41 pm

I cocked my head to the side. Now, now, Laurel, you made it so much harder than it had to be. I wasn’t going to be that person whose mind immediately went to the bedroom, but god I’d enjoy her so much more if that’s how she could target her aggression toward me. It came across my mind that aggression was something that only made time between the sheets (or elsewhere) so much better. And then I had a realization, well. Not a realization. I remembered something that I’d simply forgotten. I hidden bonus of the cure I’d be giving her. She would be intoxicated by me. Shame, because it was such a cop out, and as little as I knew about how that worked, I had hoped she could still retain some of that angst. God, maybe I had become warped, but being warped was so much fun.

I stood beside Laurel and my brows furrowed and my smile had at least temporarily turned to a frown. I didn’t understand her look of disgust. This place was beautiful. Maybe it was simply because it was dark? Shit, I imagined many a wedding happened in this courtyard. The maze wasn’t meant to be creepy - it was more to show off excess. Basically, that someone had the money to hire people to keep the thing trimmed to perfection. Color me jealous, which was a rare emotion for me.

I looked up toward her, sad puppy dog face perfectly displayed. Okay, I know I can’t honestly say that I don’t bite. You and I both know that’s not true, so how else can I get you to sit by me? I grinned, knowing that once she had taken the cure from me, she would be feeling much differently. Alright, alright, I guess we could get down to business. Geeze, Laurel, when you realize how easy this could have been, you’re going to laugh. Maybe. I leaned forward, placing my elbows on my knees and locking my fists together, creating the platform for my chin to rest. Alright, so if you’re looking for me, that means you want a cure. Does that mean you’ve found anything out? I sure hope so, seeing as they’ve already killed my dad. You should hope I’m feeling generous.

Back to top Go down

Laurel Davis | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:12 pm

I could feel tears building and my eyes burned with my effort not to cry. I'd done so well up to this point at not showing my fear and frustration to Ben, but it was becoming impossible. His flippant attitude about turning my whole world upside down was infuriating. I so badly wanted to go back to before I knew what he was and avoid him. I should've listened to the rumors, he was so much worse than they said.

The tears spilled over at his comment about how he did bite. My expression was hardened with anger, at odds with the tears that were streaming down my face. I didn't know whether to wipe them away or not. They made me feel childish, and I wanted to pretend that they didn't exist. Leaving them there, though would just allow him to see how much he'd hurt me. I wanted to seem like it was impossible to hurt me. Maybe then he would stop trying. I couldn't believe he wanted me to sit next to him. No, I said shortly, and I remained standing, glaring at him.

I don't know what you want to know. I did look into it... I said, unwilling to divulge any more information than it would take to get him to cure me. I wanted to involve myself with the supernatural world as little as possible. I didn't really know anything about its inner workings, but sharing information about an anti-supernatural organization with a vampire seemed like something that could mess with the balance of things or whatever. I didn't know, maybe I just wanted to help Ben as little as possible because he was, well, he was an asshole.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Posted on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:49 pm

My emotions went from giddy to bored and annoyed within minutes. Any nuance of a smile I had was gone. While maybe I shouldn’t have expected her to be excited to see me, I did think that she might have calmed down a bit now that she’d realized I could easily everything for her. Besides, it was her fault it had gotten to this point. Had she agreed to look into things months ago I would have fixed it right then and there. Done, this wouldn’t even be an issue. I’d even made sure to prove just how powerful of a cure I could be, right before her eyes. So, yes, I was annoyed.

But the thing about it, about her, was that while I’d lost most of my regard for human life, I would still rather leave some of the more stunning flowers to bloom. Laurel had the emotional endurance of a fucking three year old, but she was intelligent, gorgeous, and not one of those Mountain Dew sucking animals I’d thought about when talking to Ursula. I wasn’t going to kill her or let her die.

And? Raised eyebrow, but I wasn’t about to get my hopes up. I stood up, seeing as this wasn’t going to be a cozy lollygag on a park bench, all the while my eyes focusing on hers. You know what? It’s old news, so never mind. Dad’s dead, and so far, none of them seem to be specifically after me, at least not now. I don’t even care. But if you want cured, you’ll have to do something totally against your years of medical training.

I’d wanted to prolong this, to have fun, but this wasn’t fun. I was bored, and honestly a little insulted. Now, I felt as if I was wasting time I could be spending with Noelle. Would she even let me do it? Would she faint at my fucking blood? I supposed it was time to find out. I bit into my index finger, deeper perhaps than I’d planned because the blood was oozing. Quick, before it dries. My head still down toward my finger, my eyes looking to her. Don’t be squeamish now, Laurel.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics