setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Those of a Specific Type - Page 8

[Private] Those of a Specific Type

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben

Re: [Private] Those of a Specific Type

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Sat May 20, 2017 7:58 pm

I didn’t owe her an explanation, and yet I kept trying to search for one. The answer I’d given her was the closest thing to the truth. It was that, but the icing on the top was that I just liked to fuck with people. I needed someone to do a task, and I wanted to fuck with her. That action did both. I didn’t expect her to understand, I didn’t need her to understand, yet I tried. It was only when I thought about the reasoning behind my own creation that I realized why I was trying. I was bored. That was the answer I got. But the thing was, I was drawing a parallel to being turned. Fuck, I wanted to turn her. There was plenty to occupy my “emotions” without a progeny, my relationship with my own maker, my work with the Supremacy which was slowly growing, and the weird shit that had happened in Arizona. But this was a separate entity. To have someone under my wing was something I was craving. More than just a project. More than someone to fuck with. It wasn’t because I was bored. And, I didn’t want just anyone.

As cruel as it was, I knew why I wanted Laurel. I had spent so long preparing for what I did, it felt at the time so difficult. It was expensive, and I almost lost my sanity trying to make sure my mother knew that she was successful in her struggle to raise me alone, and to return the favor the best I could. And it was was turned upside out and inside down because Noelle got bored. I wanted someone who would understand that pain.

I took her hand and lead her to the side of the building, in an area shaded from any outdoor lighting of the house. I lead her up against the wall of the house, not pushing, nothing violent about it. It was almost as if I’d wanted to show her something. Laurel. You’re not in a world anymore where creatures feel some need to be entitled to fuck your life up before they do it. Do you know why I was turned? I stood before her, my eyes completely fixed on hers. Someone got bored. That’s all I got. You’ve gotten way more than that for less. I’d completely ignored her trying to tell me, or maybe herself, that I wasn’t a prize. Modesty is ugly if it’s false, uglier than arrogance in my opinion. She was right in one aspect. I wasn’t a prize to her yet. She didn’t know me well enough to know half of what I could offer her.

What you might not realize, Laurel, is that I haven’t gotten from you everything I want. But you’re the one person I’d ask before taking what I really want. I lifted her chin with my index finger, studied her face like it was a piece of art. I leaned in, letting my lips get only a hair’s distance from hers, and then I let go and took a step back, grinning.

Back to top Go down

Laurel Davis | Human; Citizen

Posted on Wed May 31, 2017 2:46 pm

The rational side of me was frustrated with my own inability to process things correctly. It was like I was drowning, and I didn't even know which way was up so I couldn't save myself. The knowledge that I wasn't thinking straight wasn't enough to enable me to begin to think straight, so it frustrated me instead. For example, I badly wanted to accept Ben's explanation as a perfectly acceptable reason to have done what he did, and yet the rational side of me wanted to be angry with him. It ended in some kind of stalemate where I wanted to damage something, but I couldn't bring myself to make that something Ben's face.

At some point we ended up out of the maze and I was leaning up against a wall. It hadn't even crossed my mind to protest him bringing us to this position. It felt right and complete in a twisted way that I couldn't understand. However, my strange attraction to Ben didn't completely counteract the sense of unfairness that I felt. It was one thing to be told that "life isn't fair" when someone takes away your toy as a child, it's another to be told the same when someone takes away your health for the fun of it. I thought you were different, Ben. I thought we were alike, I said, and yet some part of me still whispered, "that doesn't matter".

I froze as his face and lips drew near to mine, And what is that? I couldn't help but ask. In that moment, I would have done whatever it was without hesitation, simply because of the way his proximity affected me. Yet the moment, he stepped away my mind was clouded with a mix of profound disappointment and the return of frustration with myself for not being able to battle the effect that his blood was having on me.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:47 am

This could be an outpost, just kinda depends on you and Laurel, dude.

What I actually wanted from her, or thought I wanted, was a progeny. I suddenly felt very ashamed of myself. Had I been this miserable? Asking Noelle why and pining around about how fucked my life had gotten because of what had happened? I hadn’t even turned Laurel yet, and the idea was already growing cold in my head. This, these talks, the questions that had gotten answers and the ones I didn’t feel the need to explain. Any answers I might have owed her were to pointless questions. I drink blood to stay alive. Not every “donor” lives through that experience. I fucking gave her diseases I could easily reverse and fucking told her so. I fucking proved it right in front of her face. Wasn’t my fault she had the emotional constitution of a two year old. Word to the wise, test drive your fucking progenies. Buying a car, a house, getting married, even having a kid, when you thought about it, were nothing like the commitment of creating a progeny.

We might have been, my eyes narrowed, Things change. And that they did. I eyed her up and down, my fangs grazing across my bottom lip. One of the only times I’d done that in deliberate defiance to my actual thoughts. When you really want the answer to that, call me. And with that, I started to walk toward the mansion.

Back to top Go down

Laurel Davis | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:48 pm

My mind was racing, moving in two different directions so quickly that I thought my head my split in half. Images of Ben that I couldn't explain intertwined with jumbled words and questions that I couldn't put in order. I relived our experiences in my head, going over every detail, trying to make a heads or tails of what it really meant. It was clear that whatever Ben wanted had changed. Before, he'd told me that he wanted me to get information on the Army of God. I had failed and he had still saved me, although he said that he wanted something different now? What? My desperate desire to give it to him overwhelmed me.

I couldn't resist the urge to touch him, the flash of his fangs scared me, but even so I could resist reaching out to brush his shoulder with my fingers, eyes focused on where my skin made contact with his shirt. My hand remained in the air for a moment as he turned away from me. As the distance between us increased, I slowly lowered my hand to my side -- unsure of whether or not to follow. The image of him walking away produced a profound feeling of loneliness in me that I couldn't quite explain. Maybe it was his blood that made me almost at home in his presence, but I was so sad to see him go that I started to tear up.

I still felt that I had been cheated, but now I felt not only cheated but also abandoned. Yet this also frustrated me because I considered myself an independent person. I wasn't the kind of person to have Stockholm syndrome, yet I was crying anyway.

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics