setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Those of a Specific Type - Page 7

[Private] Those of a Specific Type

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Those of a Specific Type

Laurel Davis | Human; Citizen

Posted on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:57 pm

I stood up straighter as I actually felt my body regaining strength. I felt rejuvenated, despite the horrible wound that I'd had just moments before. It was completely inappropriate, but Ben looked so good to me, in a way that I couldn't explain. An image of how I'd seen him flashed into my mind, with his pants down. God, I felt strange thinking about that after nearly dying, but my gaze was still drawn to his body, regardless. Truthfully, there'd always been something irritable about Ben to me, but now whatever it was was increased tenfold.

His words brought me back to the maze and to reality. Yeah, I think we were going that way, I said, starting to follow him through the maze, mind reeling. Whatever it was that had been attacking us just moments ago was gone, but I could still hear not-Deirdre's voice in my mind. It rattled around, with a mix of images of her and Ben. I couldn't chase my thoughts of him from his mind, no matter how much I tried.

I was brought out of my thoughts once again by Ben's voice, Side effects? I said, studying him forcing myself to ignore my strange thoughts and to try and think logically about what he was saying. The invincibility of course, and these thoughts. Was that what he was talking about? I was kicking myself for my lack of information about vampires, although I'd never expected to be drinking vampire blood. Wasn't it the other way around anyway? I guess I hadn't known about its healing properties, but still it seemed very backwards and I had thought that it was rather repulsive although I realized that now I did not feel so repulsed by it even as the logical side of me screamed that I should be.

I looked down at my arm to see that he was right. It was mostly healed and closing right before my eyes in a way that was obviously not natural. I was both horrified and fascinated. I couldn't find it in me to be angry at Ben, although once again my rational side fought with my emotions to no avail.

As we walked, it was as if the world came back into focus. Being in the maze had felt as if we were in another realm, and now it seemed as though we had returned. Whatever horrors that had attacked us seemed to be gone, and I could see the house getting closer as we walked. It seemed like ages since we'd gone into the maze, although it was still dark out. I had no watch or cell phone on me that I could use to check the time so it was impossible to know how much time had actually passed, but I wouldn't have been surprised if we came out and found that no time had passed at all.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:04 am

Mm, there it was. Even if it wasn't real, it was enough to make it real eventually - I learned that with Sofia. I painted myself as completely oblivious to her gaze, knowing when to be cocky and when to step back and just let it simmer. That was something I was learning to enjoy about what I was - my mind had shifted very easily to my wants and desires once I was out of a "dangerous" situation. It was almost like it didn't happen and anything like PTSD was not even in my dictionary. Some fucked up thing happened and now it would be nothing more to me than a bad trip. It already was. I almost wished that I could have experienced the in-between myself. Would feeding on our blood do the same to humans? Would my blood make Laurel get over this more quickly or would it just give her nightmare an even more surreal spark?

She took the bait and I was more than happy to deliver an explanation. I quickly appeared in front of her, my index finger landing under her chin and raising it so that her eyes met mine. Dreams, Laurel. My eyes dropped, looking down her body and back up - surely it was a perk of my kind but the blood stains and wear and tear of the evening did nothing to curb my physical attraction for her. Simply put- we're gonna fuck, and it'll seem so real, but sadly it'll just be a dream. I let my arm drop and I backed away a couple steps, but I didn't hide the grin on my face. Even if I did, strategically hide my fangs. She was no Noelle, not yet anyway. The site of fangs wasn't going to have her squirming in her panties yet. But you still have my number, right? I mean, in case you like what you see. I was jealous, honestly. I wanted to know what it was like - was it in effect yet? Would she still hate me inside but have an urge like a chemical dependency? Maybe it was how I felt with Noelle, which was actually indescribable. I loved her, I hated her, I wanted to make love to her, I wanted to fuck her. I wanted to kill her, I wanted to worship her. It consumed me yet I loved every minute of it.

I partially hoped I disgusted her right now. Wouldn't it be perfect, the psychological aspect of it even if it was subtle. To be repulsed by someone then have dreams that made you need them? But the way she looked at me, it was anyone's guess. Yes, I had to do this more. Sofia wasn't enough experience and even now I was questioning every second. I wanted to know with Laurel - she wasn't a lab rat. She wasn't just an experiment. For some reason, this was more important than that. I had started walking again, and finally the gate to the maze was there.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon May 08, 2017 5:58 pm

Had all rationality left me completely? What was sad was that I knew that I wasn't thinking right, but I couldn't stop myself from obsessing about Ben. Even as he stood right near me I felt a strange compulsion to get closer to him. Almost like a thirst for him that I couldn't explain or quench. I gaped at his words, strangely elated by them even as part of me was alienated by the way he spoke to me. His touching me did nothing to the strange sensations that I felt. I looked at him, wide eyed with wonder and confusion. Uh, yeah. I think so... I said. No, I hadn't deleted it yet, although I'd been about to. Even through my strange feelings I could erase the memory of my frustration at being unable to find him.

I stepped closer to Ben, suddenly feeling a strange sense of dysphoria that I couldn't explain. Like, how had I come to this point that I had drank a vampire's blood and now felt strangely infatuated with him despite the fact that I knew in my mind that I should not. Had I not tried to live my life as best I could? I'd worked hard to save the lives of others, to please my parents, to make up for the things that I had already done wrong. Was this my punishment for the sins that I had been atoning for since I was a teenager? Was what I had done not been enough to make up for what had happened to Deirdre and so many other girls?

Ben? Why did you choose me of all people? That day in the hospital, I mean. I said, hoping to gain some clarity about why I had ended up in this position as opposed to any of the other doctors in the hospital. Was I really strong enough to carry on in this way? To know that there were creatures like Ben out there, who could heal me or infatuate me in a moment without hesitation or consequence. What did my life even mean to him? Probably nothing.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Tue May 09, 2017 7:21 pm

One of the differences this time was that she had already known me before. It was definitely doing something because she didn’t want to look at me before, and now even as I could sense her fighting it I could tell she wanted to be closer. I could probably do so much right now and yet I wanted to be careful. I wanted the ideas firmly planted before the shock of me even so much as kissing her scared her away. Maybe it wouldn’t, maybe it would. As much as I wanted an actual memory of us to base her dreams from, I hesitated. Small things - I gripped her wrist firmly as she stepped closer to me. I let go, and curled a strand of her hair in my finger as I again looked her up and down, my teeth grazing my bottom lip. Then I let go and stood back. That was plenty.

It was a question I knew I’d answered, but not in any depth. I wasn’t even sure I had an answer, but I had a feeling this was going to be a give and take. Anything I gave her would only help the bond I was attempting to form. With Sofia it was already my position, I was a care provider, I helped her at a time when she was anxious. I was seen as a kind of hero. I was anything but with Laurel.

I did it just as much for me as I did for you, but things didn’t happen the way I wanted. I had begun walking, but backwards as I was facing her but I fell back and twisted around so that I was beside her. The smallest reason, being that I knew when I healed you I’d be creating a bond. Do you think I wanted that with fucking Chad? I grinned, remembering the redneck doctor and honestly how much I could never take more than a few minutes with him. I doubted I’d keep him alive that long now if I ran into him. The biggest reason, that I wanted you to prove to yourself and me just how strong you actually are. It sounded almost nicer than it was. It was a test. Laurel Davis was my first prospect. Why did I want to stain her? To darken her? To prepare her. Would I have been different if I’d had some kind of warning? If I’d started rolling down a moral hill before I was turned?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri May 19, 2017 10:32 am

The effect of his proximity was unlike anything I'd experienced before. It was like his blood in my veins was singing. My heart was beating faster and the blood was rushing in my ears, blocking out any other sounds besides his words. I was strangely transfixed, until he stepped away and I felt profound disappointment at the distance that he had placed between us.

I listened to his explanation I could see what he was saying, but logically it was so arrogant of him to think that he could justify his actions by saying that he did them for me. Despite my the physical connection that I felt to him, the logical part of me could not let go of the way he acted like he had done me a favor when he hadn't even bothered to consider if this was something that I really wanted. I was at war with myself because of my desire to... submit to him physically. Bram Stoker had described vampires as evil creatures which should be destroyed. In some ways Ben was similar to the monsters of Stoker's novel, though I could not bring myself to label him as a monster directly.

I just don't understand what entitles you to test me? With Ben right beside me it was harder for me to think straight or be truly angry, but I couldn't repress this question. I didn't feel any particular need to prove myself to you. I thought maybe I liked you, but even then I didn't think that you were some prize to be won. That feeling of blood rushing was back. It almost pained me to argue against him, like my own body was angry with me for fighting against its source of life. In some ways I did owe him, perhaps, since he had helped me when we were in the maze. It had been my choice to go in. If I had been smart I would have stayed out and then I wouldn't have needed rescuing in the first place.

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics