setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Those of a Specific Type - Page 6

[Private] Those of a Specific Type

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben

Re: [Private] Those of a Specific Type

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:02 am

Exactly. Real enough to leave me in a compromising position, but I had awoken from my vision with only myself to explain. So why did I see someone that only Laurel knew? I knew nothing of Deirdre or what she meant to Laurel, but I did know Grace. The answer was obvious, that the maze was doing everything it could to fuck with us, but it wasn't going to win. I wasn't amused, I wasn't scared, at this point, I wasn't even anxious. I was simply annoyed and I wanted this shit over with. Consider us fucked with. Can we go now? I yelled. Sorry, Laurel, I didn't get a goddamn program. No disclaimer, no safe word. I think we just watch the fucking show. You saw me in a compromising position. Maybe it's your turn, I said, my eyes darting to her with a crooked grin.

The hallucination works on all senses, so don't get your panties in a wad, I said, rolling my eyes as I could see she was clearly panicking. But I looked at Grace and my fists clenched and I felt myself harden, as if enacting an invisible shield. She's not your Grace. Have you seen Paranormal Activity? Maybe it's like that. It feeds on your fear. So, you know, harden yourself. I knew it was bullshit. Unless it could also feed on sheer annoyance. Annoyance from the situation, how Laurel had found me, and basically the fact that she couldn't get it together. Sure, I needed to have more patience. She was a human. But there were some human thrill seekers I imagined would love this. Practically a VR horror movie, right? I sighed and resigned to the fact that I needed to use my so called bedside manner. I pulled her to me, attempting to sound as convincing as I could. I won't let you get hu- As I spoke, the aberration that was Deirdre was at my speed hurling toward us, and I shoved Laurel away, my own body slamming against the ground after. I rolled over to find her, Deirdre, on top of me, but her mouth agape, widening more than humanly possible to reveal what were more than fangs. Almost a complete circle of shard-like teeth. A squealing, high pitched shriek pierced my ears as I attempted to shove the creature from my chest. Before I managed I felt a hot searing pain rip across my face.

It's not real.

Back to top Go down

Laurel Davis | Human; Citizen

Posted on Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:48 pm

I gave Ben a hard look. I hadn't realized how much he changed from the man I thought I knew when I first met him. Clearly he was not who he had led me to believe he was.. I figured that out when he injected me with the infected blood, but it hadn't occurred to me exactly who he was until we were trapped in that maze together. I guess what they say about a person's true character coming out in hard times was true. Does that even matter right now? I'm more concerned with getting out of this maze unscathed than worrying about whatever I saw you doing, maybe you should be too. Sure I was extremely frightened of both Ben and the maze, but I was also angry that he had tossed me aside in that way.

I frowned at Ben's tone and his explanation. I hadn't seen Paranormal Activity, and I hardly had any idea of what he meant by the reference, but I understood his general sentiment. I could hear his annoyance that he had to take care of me, the weak human. It was his fault that I was even here. I would not have entered the maze if it weren't for whatever his blood did to me. Man that feeling of invincibility... it had worn off now, but I almost felt like I craved it. A little liquid courage in the form of vampire blood would've been extremely useful right then.

In a moment of twisted irony, Ben's patronizing words were cut short as Deirdre came after us. He'd pulled me close to him but I jumped back when she leaped onto him. I glanced around, wiping new tears from my eyes and searching for a weapon or something to protect myself with. Real or not, I didn't want to experience whatever Ben was feeling right now. It was hard to trust his assurances when everything seemed so real. I grabbed a scalpel and managed to get a light cut on her arm. It didn't do any real damage, but it did distract her. I gasped as her attention was pulled from Ben to me and I saw how contorted her once pleasant face appeared.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Posted on Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:27 pm

The searing pain came with the realization that it didn't matter whether or not this was real, it was fucking with my head and it was the most pain I'd remembered feeling in a long time. But something happened and the creature left me and I rolled on my side to see where it had went. Idiot, I thought as I realized Laurel had distracted the thing on purpose. Color me impressed at her bravery, but there is a very line between that and foolishness. I could heal, she couldn't.  Unless...  

Was it too late? I saw blood, and I wasn't sure what happened but I also saw black oozing from the creature's arm. You did this to me, Laurel. The voice sounded as two, a completely human voice and a synchronous demonic howl. You will bleed. Emerged claws slashed at Laurel's wrist and I knew an artery had been severed. That was it. I pushed my own speed to a level I didn't know I had and appeared between the two, knocking the creature away with sheer force then ripping my own wrist open. Drink it, NOW. You'll die if you don't. I heard the creature howl and I knew that while I couldn't be in two places at once, I had to do something to stop it. But if I couldn't convince Laurel to drink, she was gone.

Did it matter? Did I care? Things happened too fast for me to have the conversation with myself, the whole, she was food, she was a human, her life didn't matter so why waste the effort speech. I'd deal with it later. Maybe it was the maze, or maybe it was the fact that I didn't think I'd get out of this clusterfuck alone.

She doesn't deserve saving, Benjamin, and neither do you. The creature hissed, but it was still. I don't know why, but it was backing away. My hand continued to bleed, but the wound was closing up. I didn't know how much time Laurel had.

Back to top Go down

Laurel Davis | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:05 pm

I gasped at the sound of Deirdre's voice. She sounded almost demonic, or at least this version of her did. I could hear the sound of her voice in my mind and this... this couldn't be it. This was so twisted in comparison. No eighteen year old would... should sound that way.

My thoughts had wandered to much. This monster that wore her face knew that it would disarm me, as if I weren't already vulnerable. I still held the scalpel in one hand, but when not-Deirdre slashed at my unprotected wrists I didn't have time to react, and even if I did it probably wouldn't have helped anyway. I didn't feel the pain at first, but I could see the blood flowing quickly from the wounds. I wasn't thinking straight but somehow I got it into my muddled thoughts that Ben wanted me to do something. It's not... real? I got out.

My body reacted even when my mind was elsewhere. I'd tasted his blood once, and, admittedly, I'd liked it. The memory of the high I'd had afterwards still resonated in my mind. My thoughts stayed focused on it as my lips met his wrist and I began to drink the blood from the wound he'd created. I didn't quite understand why he'd hurt himself, or why I was drinking his blood. I was like some kind of vampire, but he was the vampire...

Yet even as I should've been getting weaker, I felt my mind clearing. My wrists were on fire from pain, but even that was decreasing with every drop of blood that I ingested. Before my eyes, I saw the flow of blood lessening. That good feeling was returning now, but so much stronger than before. The wound finally closed and I collapsed backwards onto the ground, even though my now-clear thoughts were screaming that we were still in danger. I needed a brief rest or I knew I would not make it out of the maze. Thank- thank you, I said to Ben, uncertainly. I knew in my mind that I should still be angry with him, but the feeling of relief and invincibility was coming on strong now.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Posted on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:15 pm

There was no way to explain what this fresh hell was. Laurel was actually bleeding and I'd actually been forced to heal her. Now that... creature was skittering away. Had it plagued us long enough? Sorry, I'm not the architect that built hell, so I don't have all the answers. I don't know what's real and what isn't. Glad you're feeling better. The scene had completely... dissolved. Let's try to get out of here before some other twisted version of our memory tries to kill us. Could something from here actually kill me? I didn't exactly fear death but I feared the unpleasantries that came before it. I began to walk, hand grazing the shrubbery to my right. Did we decide on a direction? It's the only plan I can think of, to only turn one way. We'll eventually get out.

I continued walking and it must have been working, had to be, because this time I could sense Noelle. I realized then, that I hadn't before, when I saw her. I could see the house, I could see the sky, which, I wasn't even sure of before. I felt like I had just been completely enclosed in greenery. I should warn you, Laurel, there are some long term side effects, but I'm sure you'd rather have those than death, I said, now trying to catch her gaze. All I can say is, I paused, now a smile forming on my face because one, this was just rich, and two, we'd walked for some time without some kind of horror sticking it to us without the ky or vasoline. sweet dreams. Hell, you might even enjoy yourself. Maybe she'd want the real thing after a couple of dreams. She did have my number, and a sick part of me hoped she'd call. A sick part of me hoped what I'd given her, and what it took to get through this night, would toughen her skin a bit. The Laurel before was tame, bland even. Maybe I'd keep her around, she could be my project. Let's see just how much I could taint her. What would it take? A push and pull, perhaps. Give her just enough glimmer of a hope to make her think there was some kind of good person still hiding in there somewhere, and in looking for him she would become bloodied and dirty just like me. She'd see just how much more fun life was this way.

Your arm's looking better. Don't worry, it won't even scar.

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics