setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Those of a Specific Type - Page 5

[Private] Those of a Specific Type

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Those of a Specific Type

Laurel Davis | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:51 pm

I looked at Ben a moment, lips pursed, and then shook my head. He was acting like I was the bad guy here, when all I'd done was go with him into a maze. I didn't know it was going to be some kind of enchanted maze. I wouldn't have even come to this party if I hadn't known Ben would be here. Yes I'm actually real, I said, frowning at him. I doubted that would convince him, but it was the truth. I still wasn't entirely sure that he was real either, but I didn't feel I had much choice - strength in numbers and all that.

I was secretly glad to know that he was experiencing the same things that I was. I could chalk up his pantslessness to some kind of hallucination. On the other hand, if the maze was messing with him too then it would be as difficult for him to get out as it was for me.

I frowned at him again, Do you honestly think we would be better off separated? I said, but his idea to always take a right wasn't a bad one. He was right about one thing: I would follow him, as in, let him go first. I'd made a mistake by heading into the maze without a second thought. If I'd hesitated then maybe I would've realized that there was something wrong and hung back instead of joining him in this horrible place.

I stuck close to him as we walked forward. My eyes darted around, searching, waiting. I could still see pretty well, although I didn't feel like I had when Ben'd first given me his blood. Honestly, I was a little embarrassed by my reaction - the weird desire I'd had. Ben had been the one to infect me, and suddenly I wanted to have sex with him or something? It had to be the blood, and I didn't like it. I was beginning to think that I shouldn't have come to this party at all.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:47 am

Goddammit this woman was frigid and thick. I'm not suggesting we split up. Just the fucking opposite actually but apparently I have to spell it out. I started walking down the pathway, and while all I could see was hedge shrubbery, I tried to keep my eyes peeled for something different and my ears open for any sound that would either alert us to an opening or something coming. At the moment it was unnaturally quiet and I didn't know whether to just go with it or to be on even further alert. You need to tell me if you see anything, and I'll tell you. Maybe we can rule out anything f- And then I heard it, a rustling in the branches beside us. I stopped, holding my arm out in front of Laurel. I guess part of me recognized that I could sustain injuries and be fine, she couldn't. And it was possible that I needed her to get out of here.

Then I heard a clicking sound; an incredibly familiar click and in the few milliseconds before I heard the voice I struggled to place it. Thankfully I received instant gratification (and confusion) when I heard the voice. It was the com system that was local to the ER where I used to work with Laurel. "Code blue, room 22. Code blue, room 22." I looked at Laurel. Tell me you heard that. Just then there was a crash through the branches where I'd heard the rustling and a stretcher came out with a bloodied body. It was unrecognizable. It was surrounded with familiar faces, nurses from the ER including ones I loved and hated, and that redneck doctor I couldn't fucking stand shouting commands. "Dr. Davis! Dr. Reese! Help us!" It was Grace shouting, the older no nonsense nurse that I'd actually respected. She looked up to both of us in a panic I'd never seen before as the face of the body turned to the side and vomited that projectile black liquid. Is this one just me? Or can you see this one too? I stood unmoving. I was not getting sucked into this one.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:12 pm

I'm sorry if the vibe I was getting from you wasn't "come with me" I was too stressed out to care about Ben or his anger. I didn't care that he was a vampire that could probably kill me at any moment. I wanted to leave. I wasn't trying to be rude about it, but that was clearly impossible for him. Okay, I said, in agreement to his statement. My eyes darted around as I followed him. I scanned the hedges, expecting to see something staring back at me, but it was eerily quiet.

I froze when I heard the code and stared at Ben, wide-eyed. The code? We must've heard the same thing. Maybe we were having the same hallucination now that we were together. It was like the maze recognized what we were trying to do to protect ourselves from the visions. It sounded so real. I gasped at the sight of the stretcher. It was a bizarre sight, a stretcher in the middle of the maze, but I couldn't stop myself from stepping forward instinctively when I saw everyone there. They all looked exactly as they had when I'd seen them last, more or less. This wasn't a second-rate hallucination.

The body turned away to spew strange black liquid and when it turned back towards us I recognized her. Deirdre! I gasped as I started forward. I couldn't hold myself back at the sight of her mangled body. "Dr. Davis, thank God," I heard Grace say, but when I turned to look at her, the same black liquid was flowing from her eyes and nose. I jumped back, horrified by the sight of her face oozing the strange black substance. I turned to go back to Ben, chagrined, but the nurses and doctors that had previously been attending to the body/Deirdre now blocked my path back to him. I tried to push past them, but they wouldn't let me.

Ben, I cried out, softly. I turned, trying to find another way, but instead I saw Deirdre. She was standing, no longer on the stretcher, and she was holding a knife. I gasped. No, please don't, I cried out.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:57 pm

What did it mean? That we were seeing the same thing? If this was one big fucking acid trip then it had to still be more than a coincidence that we were seeing the same fucked up scene before us. I was a vampire, wolves existed, so of course fuckery like this could happen. I just wanted to stop, I just wanted to leave. I was here to find Noelle but now I was trapped in an incredibly frustrating dream. Yeah, a code but it isn’t real, Laurel. Fine, if it meant me getting out the kid gloves I’d get out the fucking kid gloves and play fucking nice. Was there some bullshit lesson I was supposed to learn from this? This was one lesson I’d learn in order to pass the test then let it slip from my memory hopefully for good.

I watched the scene, now standing strong and not letting it bother me, only looking at Laurel when she spoke a name. Part of me was simply annoyed at the fact that this was being made personal to her and her fucking porcelain heart wasn’t going to be able to take it. It would be harder to pry her away if it wasn’t just some random horror scene like it pretty much was for me. But on the other end, for whatever reason, I committed the name Deirdre to my memory bank. Why was I collecting more guns in my arsenal against Laurel? She was the most fragile fucking thing I’d ever met. But maybe that was it. Maybe I wanted to see if I could break her apart then put her back together, perhaps a little bit stronger. The fact that someone so breakable could make it through med school perplexed me.

The girl, Deirdre, was now walking or more accurately stumbling toward us with a knife. I straightened my posture, remembering my kid gloves and trying to look brave for Laurel. Just remember, it’s all just a hallucination. An incredibly realistic hallucination, but it’s not real at all. Deirdre’s pace increased, and it was strange to explain - I’d never seen someone run and stumble before without falling - it was almost graceful but in a weird way like a possessed ballerina. Grace ran to stop her, but all it took was a simple thrust of the knife behind her, into Grace’s abdomen. I frowned, the muscles in my face feeling tight but nothing else. I simply felt like stone. Grace fell, and Deirdre continued toward us. But I realized something - her speed, as strangely awkward as her movements were, was as brisk as my own. She was coming toward us, but I stood fast. It’s not real, Laurel. Remember that.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:21 pm

I was horrified by the sight of Deirdre coming towards me with a knife, but Ben was right. These were all just visions. I needed to find a way to escape from this nightmare because it was just that: a nightmare. It's not real, I muttered to myself repeatedly, but the image didn't falter for a moment. The closer she came, the more my anxiety rose. What if it wasn't real? I mean clearly it wasn't real real. Deirdre was dead, I knew that. But these weird hallucinations had to be linked to the supernatural. It was no coincidence that we were in the garden of some kind of vampire party and having group hallucinations. It wasn't exactly impossible that we were in real danger.

I stepped back and collided with someone. When I turned, I saw Grace was standing behind me. She felt solid. I gently pushed her, trying to move past her, but no matter what I did she was standing between Ben and me. Her face was blank now, void of the panic that had driven me to move away from Ben's side in the first place. I took a deep breath, if it's not real, then what do I do? I said, quickly. Deirdre was taking her sweet time, but the distance was closing and I was running out of options. What if it is real Ben? My voice was half panicked and half angry. He was an immortal asshole; I wasn't as likely to recover from a stab wound as he was.

Suddenly a switch flipped and in the blink of an eye Grace was no longer blocking me in, she was bleeding on the ground. With my path clear, I ran back to Ben. The others were gone now, leaving us alone with the image of the bleeding Grace and Deirdre's corpse advancing quickly. I willed myself not to cry at the sight of Grace bleeding on the ground. There was nothing I could do for her. She wasn't real, and neither was Deirdre. Ben was a vampire. He would help me get out of here, even if he was a jerk about it. It was as simple as that.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics