setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Those of a Specific Type - Page 4

[Private] Those of a Specific Type

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben

Re: [Private] Those of a Specific Type

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:55 pm

I could hear his bones cracking, his back, his arms, his legs as every joint on his body did a 180 from anywhere it was supposed to be able to bend. His body grayed in front of me, shriveling in a way so that his ribs seemed as though they would break through the now almost translucent skin. He walked toward me like a human spider, his head still managing to be looking dead at me.
”This was my life, Benjamin. You could have fixed me. This is what I lived every last fucking day!”
I shook my head, too frozen in fear to even admit to myself how wrong I’d been about my inability to feel such fear. I felt as though my guts were moving, tying knots inside my abdomen, like I’d throw up for the first time in years. I feel to my knees even though I wanted to run. I knew the creature wasn’t my father, but he had his voice, his lips were thin and tight just like when Dad was pissed. He began slowly crawling toward me, the open fractures now oozing what should have been blood but was a black, oily substance. I felt something cold and wet run down my face from my eyes, thick unlike tears. Wiping it I examined my fingertips to see the same black substance.

What the fuck is going on here?

Slowly, I tried standing up again even though it felt as if my own bones were splintering with each movement. I fought it, making it up to my knees. Even through the pain, I attempted to think back from the moment I’d arrived. Had I drank anything? Had I inhaled anything? None of this could be real. More screams I heard, only the voice more familiar. Laurel. Maybe for her sake, maybe for my own, I tried to listen and discern the origin of the sound. I tried looking away from the creature, slowly making its way toward me. The more it moved, the more agonizing the sounds from its mouth became.

Laurel? Can you hear me? I yelled, as I turned away and tried to remind myself that this thing wasn’t real.

Back to top Go down

Laurel Davis | Human; Citizen

Posted on Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:13 pm

For a moment I thought I was going to die. I focused on the terror pulsing through me, pushing out every trace of the exhilaration that I had felt previously. I glanced behind me to the thing and stopped dead in my tracks when I saw that it was gone. I looked around wildly, my vision was still enhanced enough that I could see fairly well. I didn't see it, but I was still tense. I trained my eyes on the dark shadows around me, afraid to even move.

I was crying again, but I was paralyzed by my fear and they dripped soundlessly onto the ground. Ben? I finally brought myself to rasp out, my throat was sore from the screaming and the running and the crying. I heard a sound behind me and whipped around to see what had caused it.

I gasped, Deirdre? I couldn't believe my eyes, You- you died.

A teenage girl stood before me, as alive as she had been the last time I'd seen her, which is to say, barely. Her face was gaunt and her long blonde hair was unwashed and fell down her back in a stringy mess. Looking at her now, I wondered how I hadn't seen the clear signs. I'd been too selfish to notice that she was collapsing, imploding.

"Laurel, why didn't you help me? Didn't you care about me?" she pleaded. My tears flowed faster now, but this time they were fueled by sorrow rather than fear.

I did, I promise! I cried out, reaching forward to touch her. My hand made contact with her cold, cold skin, and she cried out. Her face contorted into a look of pure suffering before she held out her hand, and I saw the pills that lay in her hand. Deirdre, no. I said softly, hoping that I could soothe her specter with the gentleness of my voice. Instead she swallowed the pills dry and began to cry out in agony as her body deteriorated before my eyes.

I turned away, sobbing. I was prepared to collapse, but I heard Ben's voice in the distance. BEN! Where are you? My voice was thick with my tears, and I reached up to wipe them away. They smeared across my cheeks and dried out, leaving residue behind. Please help me, I said, crouching down to wrap my arms around my knees.

I glanced down, realizing that somehow I'd torn my dress. My tears ran faster with despair this time, because how were we going to escape this endless maze?

Back to top Go down

Ben

Posted on Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:00 am

I was backed into another corner of the maze, and the creature still followed me. None of it made sense. It could barely move, but I would look away, look back, and there it would be. But finally, stuck in this corner, I was as content as I could fucking be in the middle of this mess. The creature was gone. For now, at least. I tried to be still, be silent and I could hear Laurel’s voice. I could hear panic. And I felt what little guilt I had left. This wasn’t what I meant to happen when I led her out here. She was a decent human, not worthless, she still had something to contribute, and her death would be too personal to me. There was a reason why I couldn’t just let her go. Why I even bothered to “fix” her. And now, the thought seeped in that she would think this was all my doing. It should make me feel powerful, I should use it - but how could I when whatever was happening was fucking with me too?

I heard a rustling from the wall, and as I caught sight of where, she was stepping out. I didn’t see her face, but I knew it was her. Long legs with the fabric seemingly untouched by the rough vegetation draped over them. Long black hair that shone like glass. But her hair hung in her face and she wouldn’t look at me. Of course, I was too excited by the sight to really notice what was missing. Something that I couldn’t see or hear that should have been there. Something I likely would have noticed had I seen her more recently. But my panic, my negligence had me believing in the sight. Noelle. Of course every thing I’d planned to say when I saw her again quickly escaped my brain. I wasn’t even sure of how I was supposed to feel about being around her, seeing her again. But wanted her to touch me, I wanted her to need me like I needed her. This had to be a mutual feeling, didn’t it? She didn’t flinch at the sound of her name, almost like she couldn’t hear me, like I wasn’t there. More rustling, but the sound came from behind me and I didn’t flinch. I didn’t want to see what or who it was behind me. I watched, as she slowly removed the straps of her dress and it fell to the ground like a heavy curtain.

Projectile blood from my lips as I fell to my knees. I picked up my pants and shirt, not bothering with the rest, and stood up, determined now to figure out the goddamn secret to getting out of this cluster fuck.

Back to top Go down

Laurel Davis | Human; Citizen

Posted on Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:44 pm

I don't know how long I sat on the ground. I didn't know how long we had been inside. It felt like days, but it was still dark which meant it couldn't have been more than a few hours. If Ben was a vampire, did that mean that the sun would kill him if we were still trapped here when it came out? I realized that I didn't care if Ben died. I wanted out of the maze. Knowing him had clearly only brought me misery. Whatever the strange longing I'd felt for him before was, it was gone.

I pushed myself to my feet and looked in both directions. The hedges seemed to go on forever with no turns, but I knew it couldn't be true. Finally, I picked a direction and started walking. I walked and walked, my steps getting heavier and heavier until it felt like I was wading through some kind of syrupy substance, but I pressed on. I had no choice. Finally, I was suddenly released and I launched forward, skidding to a stop when I saw Ben in front of me.

He was wearing only his boxers with his clothing in one hand and evidence of some other things as well. This alone made me question if he was like the others, some figment of my imagination. Clearly it would have to be a very deep, dark part of my imagination, but why else would Ben be doing that in the maze while I was off being haunted by my worst nightmares? The only thing I couldn't explain by any means was the blood. Was it Ben's? Was this some kind of weird vampire thing?

Ben? Is that really you? What are you doing? I said, looking around for any clues I might've missed. We need to get out of here, I said urgently, trying to avoid staring at him. I'd walked a long way without turning to find him, and yet I still saw no end to the maze in either direction. How is any of this even possible?

Back to top Go down

Ben

Posted on Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:41 pm

Being “caught with my pants down” should have been embarrassing or at least funny. But at this point I didn’t even care what she saw - it wasn’t even likely she was real anyway. I had started to put on my pants at least when I noticed her. It looked like her, it sounded like her, and this illusion even had her face. I quickly pulled my pants the rest of the way up before speaking, acting calm as if I had something to prove to someone who wasn’t even really there.

I don’t know what you want from me. I don’t know if your head’s going to fucking spin around in circles. You can’t fuck with me anymore. I’m getting the fuck out of here. I didn’t bother with the shirt except to drape it around my neck and back like an unused jacket, and I left my jacket on the ground. If this fucking hellhole was going to take a piece of me it could be a disposable fucking piece of cloth. And if you’re actually real, which I highly doubt, don’t fucking blame this on my blood. I’m getting mentally fucked in the ass too.

Maybe it was possible. She wasn’t stripping down, she wasn’t fucking my dad’s corpse, which as a good sign. I’m going that way, I nodded in the direction in front of me. I know this place is different, but I’m going to try the old technique of hanging right. Maybe we’ll eventually get out of here, even if it takes us longer. Do you understand? No guessing. We just always take a right and maybe we’ll follow the wall out of here. Well, I don’t know about ‘we’ but you’re welcome to follow me. I wasn’t fucking scared, but I was irritated and tired and done with this bad trip, so yes, I wasn’t going to say it out loud, but if she stuck with me I wouldn’t complain. Maybe if we stuck together the visions would stop.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics