setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Those of a Specific Type - Page 3

[Private] Those of a Specific Type

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Those of a Specific Type

Laurel Davis | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:22 pm

Tears blurred my eyes, but I could see through the tears well enough to tell that Ben looked bored. Which was even more infuriating than the stupid comments because at least then I knew he was getting some kind of sick pleasure out of it whereas now I was suffering for no reason. No reason at all. He was just like a child who ripped the heads off of Barbies and then ditched them to spend the rest of their existence in some box, headless. I had become a headless Barbie.

Yeah I did hear about your father, under other circumstances I would've told him I was sorry, but I couldn't really even tell if he cared about his father. It seemed like that was the kind of thing he was a pro at faking. More likely he was concerned that the Army had killed his father to get to him, but he'd already decided that wasn't true I guessed, since he didn't seem interested in the little information that I had. His boredom was showing again.

I recoiled when he bit his own finger, finally wiping away my tears to see the blood welling up around the wound. I'd learned enough about vampires to know that their blood had healing properties, but knowledge and action were two separate things. I'd heard that it had some side effects, but then again didn't most medicine? Whatever high it gave me would probably be comparable to that, I figured. I had a split second to decide, and, well, a little high was worth being healed of hepatitis and HIV.

I leaned forward and kept my eyes focused on his finger until I shut them at the last second so that I didn't have to look at what I was about to do, or at Ben's face, since I didn't think I could do that without vomiting. My mouth closed around his finger, and the taste of iron flooded my mouth. As soon as the blood landed on my tongue I pulled my mouth off of his finger and forced myself to swallow even though the whole process made me feel nauseous.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:34 pm

This was kind of fucking awkward, at least until it kicked in. I wasn’t around Sof immediately after she drank, I wasn’t sure exactly how long it would take, but it didn’t seem to take long before she was obviously bombarded with the senses. Hearing, smell, in all honestly I was glad I was finally getting used to my new senses and the overload was becoming my norm.

Had she trusted me at all, I would hold her head up, distract her so that she wouldn’t pass out. Then again, what did I care? She wasn’t going to play my game, she wasn’t going to be any fun. So, I decided to do what was the least I could do, and give her advice. Whether or not she followed it (I didn’t expect her to) was up to her. You should probably have a seat, and if you want I’m sure I can have someone bring you some water. I stepped away from the bench, putting distance between us as well. Maybe she’d be more fun tomorrow, but tonight -

My train of thought came to a screeching halt when I heard the screams. Did you hear that? Of fucking course she did. It happened again, a scream of actual terror. So, more than anything I was interested, nosy. A goddamn rubberneck on the highway. But it wouldn’t hurt Laurel to think I actually had an ounce of humanity left in me. I’m gonna go check it out. I started off, taking just a minute to find the entrance to the maze. It was dark, but there were a few lights cast down, so that it was beyond easy for my senses, but I wasn’t sure just how well a human would perceive it. Kind of perfect, if you ask me, it would make for a fun game of cat and mouse for a vampire and prey. Damn, too bad I was missing the prey.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:02 pm

The metallic flavor of Ben's blood remained on my tongue even after I had forced myself to swallow it. I stood awkwardly for a moment, waiting to feel like I had magically been healed. Finally Ben proffered up some advice, and I realized that it had some sense. If I was going to feel the supposed high, it would be better to take it sitting down. I dropped to the bench, grateful that Ben had moved away. I squeezed my eyes shut and winced when I opened them again. The previously dim lights of the courtyard suddenly seemed much brighter. I felt a sense of vertigo when I glanced around. Everything was so strangely sharp.

My hands flew to cover my ears in protection from the painfully loud scream that emanated from within the maze. My eyes fell on Ben, and I suddenly felt that he was rather sexy. I would much rather be near a sexy vampire than sitting on a park bench. I stood up and moved towards him. Maybe I really was being affected by the blood because I felt like I was moving so fast. He's said that he wanted to find the source of that scream, and I was a doctor. Well, he was a doctor too, but two is better than one. Plus, I felt like I could take on anything.

There weren't many lights, but my eyes had adjusted and I could see quite well. Despite my improved eyesight, the maze did not reveal its secrets. I could quite acutely hear the sound of cicadas buzzing, which didn't seem right, considering the season or the hour. Let's go in, I said to Ben. My pulse was racing, and my whole body buzzed with a strange anticipation. I didn't wait for him to respond and instead stepped into the maze. I ventured in a few steps, but froze when I heard a menacing click resonate from within the hedge to my left.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:44 am

What are you doing up, I whispered as I discovered she was near me, now following me into the hedges. Listen, I’m not an expert in what it feels like, so, I don’t know, you might get sick or something. Then again, if I remembered anything from my days working with her, I remembered that she could be pretty stubborn when she wanted to be. Wasn’t it funny how just moments ago she wanted all the distance between us she could create and now she was coming to me when I’d given her an out. Women.

Whether she would decide to stay or go, I continued on through the pathway, now hearing footsteps. Nothing strange exactly about them, not running, just a normal pace. I came to an intersection where I could go straight or left, and I went left. I could just barely see the figure of a man standing with his back turned to me. Was it just me or could I smell lots of blood? And not my own. Hello? I whispered, my face practically scrunched easily revealing the fact that I was both wary and hesitant. Fear was something I hadn’t felt in a long time, and I wouldn’t call it fear now - but there was something akin to a sense of dread when I thought about taking any further steps. But did this have something to do with the screams we heard? I reluctantly put one foot in front of the other until I was within a few spaces of the man, realizing now that this was in fact a dead end. Slowly, the figure started to turn around and I couldn’t believe I hadn’t put it together sooner. It was my father, with a large gaping hole in his head.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:45 pm

I glanced back to where Ben was, except that he wasn't there anymore. I looked around frantically, but I didn't see him anywhere. Just moments ago we'd both been standing at the entrance of the maze, he couldn't have gone in without going past me. Had he left me here? Ben? I called out.

I heard the clicking noise come from the hedge again, and suddenly I started feeling woozy. Maybe it was Ben's blood. He had said that it might have some adverse effects. At first I'd felt like I was on top of the world, but now all I wanted to do was take a nap. I swayed on my feet, and my eyelids felt like they weighed a million pounds. Ben... I whispered, even though I wasn't even sure he could hear me, I'm just going to take a little nap, 'kay?

When I came to, I wasn't where I'd been when I fell asleep. I was laying on top of some kind of pedestal, and when I stood up I could see that I was somewhere deep in the maze. My head felt a little clearer than it had, but my senses were still stronger. I kept seeing Ben's face in my mind's eye. I had the nagging sense that I wanted to find them, although I couldn't figure why I would want to go near to Ben. What I really needed was to get out of this maze somehow.

I stepped down from the pedestal, which was in the middle of some kind of courtyard within the maze. A number of paths branched off, and I chose the one directly in front of me, with luck I could get out of here quickly.

As I walked down the corridor, I heard a faint shuffling, Hello? I called out, but I heard no response. It became louder as I advanced, and finally I turned a corner and screamed.

In front of me there was a rotting corpse, but it was somehow alive, using one arm to pull it's entire body forward. A trail of dark blood was on the path behind it. It's face was horrifying, with part of its skull exposed, and two huge red eyes staring directly at me. HELP! I screamed, running in the opposite direction. When I glanced back, the corpse had gotten to its feet, and was running towards me.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics