setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Those of a Specific Type

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Laurel Davis | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:50 pm

Thread Details
the van garrett mansion, gayle's welcome home party | light clouds | evening

Dress/Makeup

It didn't cross my mind until I was already walking up the front steps to the Van Garrett mansion that I didn't have an invite to the party I was attending. It was such an important detail, but it hadn't even crossed my mind. I'd only heard of it by chance from one of the doctors in the hospital who had mentioned Ben. Hearing his name had been a shock after everything that'd happened, since he disappeared afterwards. I hadn't expected to see him again, but against all odds he was back in Index. As I sought more information about him, I learned from a slightly... shadier source that he had been heard discussing some kind of party that only those of a specific type were invited to.

I hadn't considered the fact that I probably wasn't of that type. Thus far, I'd blended in well. The crowd that was attending this party was certainly very wealthy. I drove a nice car, but it was nothing compared to some that I'd seen before the valet whisked mine away. My dress was nice too, but I'd seen some quite elaborately adorned gowns which made mine pale in comparison despite the number of zeros on its price tag.

Still. If Ben was here then I was here.

I had to talk to him.

So I held my head high as I approached the bouncer. To my surprise after looking at me for a moment he let me in. I looked about, bewildered, but didn't complain. My jaw dropped as I made my way inside. There were so many beautiful people going about, doing all kinds of things. There were a number of people in scantily clad white outfits, some of which looked like they were splattered with blood.

I had no doubt that Ben would be here. How to find him, though, was another question. There were so many people around. I couldn't stand by the door gawking all night, that was for sure. I moved forward and into the crowd, still scanning for anyone who looked even remotely familiar.

#VampireParty2016

Back to top Go down

Ben

Re: [Private] Those of a Specific Type

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:49 am

Ben's look:

I'd heard something about the guy throwing this party and who knew that has-been rock stars could have so much taste? Other than the music, which would have been fine in I don't know, 1998, I was certainly colored impressed. Of course, there were those who no matter how much class surrounded them, they couldn't bother to be influenced. That's right, I'm talking about you, in the tube top sitting in the pig's blood fountain with your jaw agape. Probably nothing but a cum dumpster in this life and the last. Admittedly as I wondered around, I looked for Noelle despite the fact that I couldn't sense her yet. With or without her, I would have fun, and maybe even have something to tell Ursula about Gayle that she wouldn't know. Although I doubted that. The blood-dolls were a cute touch, although their willingness did kind of kill part of the thrill. I could still make it fun. I could take one of those girls in a back room and remind her of just exactly what we were and what we could do. I wanted to recognize the moment that enthusiasm was replaced by fear.

But I reminded myself that I was here for other reasons, and that I might want to save moments like that so that they could be shared with someone I hadn't seen in too long. Someone as much as I hated it, I needed. I wanted to be whatever it was she wanted of me just so long as I could see her again. But she wasn't here, and I was hungry, so I plucked an "apple" from one of those strange trees and took a bite as I passed through the crowds, looking for any other familiar face who could waste my time until I could see her. Suddenly, as if on cue, the crowd was quiet and they turned around to look up at the balcony, and of course I followed. The only reason I was exited to see Gayle was that Noelle might be soon to follow. She did have a presence to her, I'd give her that, and for fucks' sake I almost never saw her wearing anything normal, but this was... well it certainly fit the poor taste of music for the evening but she did look quite comfortable in her own skin. I turned around, having no more interest in what the crowd was looking up to than the commercial break that interrupted your regularly scheduled programming. I finished my apple, then I grabbed a flute of champagne from the next tray that passed. I downed it, never being one to appreciate the stuff other than the fact that the right kind could easily fuck me up more than any liquor. A few more steps and the empty flute was placed on the next tray, and a glance forward caught my eye.

Not many anymore could pull off a dress like that and not show off a spare tire or two. Flattering without looking like a third avenue prostitute as all the blood dolls did, admittedly she caught my attention. But as my eyes roamed up the black silhouette I did a double take. Well, that was a face I hadn't seen in quite a while. Looking pretty good I must say, for what I'd inflicted upon her. It took two very quick steps for me to be directly in front of her with a wicked grin.

Laurel, imagine you being here. It's almost as if you missed me. There was still just a little something about the way her name rolled off my tongue. You look fantastic. Not only did I step myself from licking my lips and baring my fangs, I braced myself for a well-deserved slap in the face.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:02 pm

The music pulsing in the room was definitely something else. The whole crowd was pulsing with its passionate energy. I felt like I was standing at the edge of something much bigger, despite the fact that I was wading through a sea of people. The frontman for the band was really going at it, reveling in the emotion of the music and feeding off the crowd's energy, but looking at him mostly made me uncomfortable so I avoided watching for to long, and instead focused on looking around the room for my target.

I paused, momentarily enraptured by the appearance of a woman on the balcony. I guessed from her words that she was the guest of honor. She was quite engaging, and it was difficult to keep my eyes off of her. Only a flash of her fangs jolted me back to reality and I glanced around. I'd known before I came what kind of party this was going to be, but it was still difficult not to feel somewhat afraid. I was relatively defenseless among them. In fact, the only thing that was really keeping me safe at the moment was the presence of those in white, which I had discerned to be humans that were there purely to make themselves available to the vampires. They seemed to be enough distraction to keep most vampires from even noticing my existence.

For all my efforts looking for Ben, it was him who found me. The presence of the vampire on the balcony had distracted me from my goal and he had made his way through the crowd unnoticed by me.

I couldn't keep my eyes from falling on the fangs that he displayed with his grin. There was something predatory about him now that I had missed before in all our interactions at the hospital. It seemed so obvious to me now, that I couldn't believe I'd missed it before - even without the fangs.

It was hard not to, I said, looking at him closely. I was determined not to show any weakness. Was I angry with him? Sure, but I couldn't make it obvious that I'd sought him out out of desperation. I didn't want him to know that I'd sought him out at all. Let him think that I'd come out to play with the vampires because I wasn't afraid of them. The sad thing was that even now I couldn't help but think about how attractive he was. His suit was quite flattering and his hair was styled to accentuate his jaw. Thank you, I accepted his comment graciously, although internally I was screaming.

The truth is, I was terrified. I knew what he was. I knew what he was capable of. I wasn't sure what was holding him back from just digging his fangs in my neck right now, except maybe the fact that my blood was tainted. I wasn't sure if vampires could taste that kind of thing. Maybe he still wanted me to investigate that organization. I'd checked it out, sure, but I wasn't even sure what he wanted with it. It wasn't currently the most organized and from what I could tell it had some of its own problems without needing any influence from the vampires.

I took a deep breath and stepped closer to him, Listen, we need to talk. I understood that I was putting myself in even more danger, but he'd said he could cure me, I just had to convince him to do it.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:01 pm

She was one of the last people I had expected to run into here, if even at all. Maybe it didn't say much of me that she'd slipped my mind during my trip to Arizona, but now I was curious. Had she found anything? Hell, maybe she'd been lucky and not even contracted anything I'd given her. Stranger things have happened. Maybe she was becoming very familiar with interferon treatments and infectious disease doctors. Then again, it was possible that's the whole reason she was here - maybe she'd found another vampire to fix her. Really, that would have been the smart thing to do. Surely she had the money for a vial or two, and even if not, maybe she could have worked out a deal to exchange reds. Either way, she looked healthy, sick or no.

I studied her and had to admit that had I still been human, I don't think I would have detected her fear. Her posture, her expression, all told another story but I could hear it in her heart even through the loud music and the hustle and bustle of the party. Laurel was quite an actress. I would consider that an understatement, I said before looking around, none of the tables completely empty and the noise was a bit distracting. I wanted to find Noelle, but I knew I would before the night was over. With the events in Arizona, I was curious if maybe she did know anything that might explain what happened to my father. And really, I cared less about that and more about the fact that he said they were after me. If they were, they were doing a shitty job of catching me. I supposed they weren't really that much of a threat, and what I had done to her had been a slight.. overreaction. I couldn't hide the smirk as I had decided that no matter what, I would heal her if she would let me. But I wanted to see just what she would do for it, so I wasn't going to serve a cure on a platter.

I can understand your reluctance, but I think we should go somewhere we can talk. I'll even let you find a chaperone, if it makes you feel better. For now, I did what I could to seem less threatening. I even managed to retract my fangs and hold them in place despite the smell of blood lingering in the air. It helped that I'd fed here and there, even if not a real meal.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:20 pm

I glanced around at the partygoers. If I was really so worried about my own safety then I wouldn't be here at all, because being surrounded by vampires is never safe. I had come here with a purpose, and the truth was that Ben was right. We needed to go somewhere private in order to be able to speak more easily. The suggestion of a chaperone was useless. There was nobody who knew about my current situation with Ben, and I didn't know anybody who could protect me from a vampire anyway. Come to think of it, the only people I could think of who would be able to do that were members of the Army of God, and I didn't trust them any more than I trusted Ben.

Besides, what'd I'd realized was not that I feared Ben because he was a vampire, but because of how thoroughly he'd deceived me. I'd trusted and even liked him, only to have him turn around and stab me in the back - well, the stomach. His true nature had been revealed, and I didn't like it. Beyond that, I needed him. Maybe another vampire would be able to heal me, but I had no interest in getting involved with anymore supernatural creatures. I didn't know much about actual vampires, but in every book or movie or work that I had ever seen that referenced vampires they tended to be deceitful or selfish or just downright annoying. No, more vampires were not the solution to my problem.

At least Ben had managed to make himself appear more human. It didn't change much, since I already knew he was a vampire, but at least my heart wasn't set racing by the flash of his fangs. No... a chaperone won't be necessary. The hesitation hinted at my fear, but there was nothing to be done about that now.

I glanced around the room, scanning for possible options. Perhaps we could step outside? It would be quiet out there, and at least I could try to run away before he ripped out my throat or something like that.

Wow.

I could barely believe what a horrible thought that was, and I was so glib about it too. I felt a stab of anger at that. I knew this was Ben's fault. He was still manipulating me, somehow. I couldn't see how, but I was sure of it. What was worse was that I couldn't escape it. I didn't see any other option. I was stuck between a rock and a hard place, so I threw my shoulders back and looked him in the eye and waited for his response because there was nothing else I could do.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics