setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open] For a Few Demons More - Page 5

[Open] For a Few Demons More

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open] For a Few Demons More

Daron Wynyard | Vampire; Young

Posted on Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:50 am

Prizes. Now that was something that hadn’t even crossed my mind. Noelle might have already caught on that I’d do almost anything to get what I wanted, even if it meant that I was appearing to get the raw end of the deal. Games themselves were the reward especially when players thought that they understood the moves I was going to make. All of what I had been doing of late was to set the board in a certain way. Make everyone believe I was playing by certain rules. Chaos didn’t have a pattern, so neither would I. Was it time yet? To show Gayle that I wasn’t going to just give her everything she needed and wanted without making that a very interesting experience. Maybe not. “When you look at me whats the first thing that comes to mind, that you might want?” The last word was only slightly stated with an air of perversion as I did not expect her mind to drift in that particular direction. Not yet anyway. “You’ll be surprised with what I want.”

Gayle was already using tools in her arsenal to begin the game immediately but she was playing against a pawn that literally welcomed sacrifice at the hands of a Queen. Grinning wickedly I blazed into the darkness. Shadows wouldn’t hide Aaron from me, as much as he probably hoped they would. The woman would reveal his position anyway, as she robotically began to walk out into the center of the room. Resisting compulsion and from an ancient. These Hunters were trained well. “Oh? Because if they can drag against your will mine won’t stand a chance right?!” Calling back to her my raptor gaze scoured the deepest corners but I need not look far because the mortal leaped once again from a hiding place. Persistent little fucker wasn’t he? The silver dagger in his hand narrowly missed my face, by a sliver of an inch. I had to twist to avoid it cascading down into my shoulder blade another tendril of smoke from my own flesh rising up as it shaved down the side of my upper arm.

Roaring I grabbed him again, this time by the shirt and scaled the wall with him in tow. During the journey I harshly muttered in his ear “You and I are very similar my friend. We both drink the blood of our Gods.”  Laying casually over a ceiling beam I dangled the Hunter holding fast to a handful of his clothing.  While he tried to swing the weapon back at me, Jessica who had come to a standstill below likewise rigidly lifted her own hands to try and reach her lovers arms. The two looked right at one another, as I had him by the back of his attire, swinging him slightly like a pendulum of a grandfather clock.  

My mind was running overtime. If they could resist Gayles compulsion to hurt one another….Hmmm. Lifting my piñata I hauled him up onto the beam with me. Catching his eyes I murmured something very low and then took hold of his wrist to bring the woman's gaze onto mine, as that was all she was interested in, the limb she needed to sever. I told her the same thing I told him. “Kill the Ancient.” I could use that will of theirs to my advantage. I couldn’t compel them to do something they didn’t want to do. They need not resist what I was telling them to do. Both of them blinked. Paused. Then both turned their gaze onto Gayle. “My Queen, you do have an advantage, that is crystal clear but I’ve spent many years learning to work around handicaps.” Grinning wickedly I watched as the male hunter swung himself to the ground, landing heavily on both feet. “I’ve heard your God is forgiving. If you curse him now for the greater good he will wash your sins clean. Befoul his name and…well let's just say, three against one is better odds wouldn’t you say?”

Back to top Go down

Gayle Shaffer | Vampire; Ancient

Posted on Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:55 pm

From you? Specifically? Allegiance. If he promised allegiance, I would have it. If it was promised and not given, death was the only option. Not promised? I didn't care as much, just as long as this little... punk... was honest. If I knew what to expect, he might just be able to expect mercy. It takes a bit to surprise me, but give it a try. I smiled, knowing he was full of innuendo but his intentions were likely a little more involved than sex.

I'll admit, you do have an advantage I've lost a long time ago - patience. If there is something in my way, I paused, staring at Jessica, as if to let everyone in the room know that the pair had actually already outlived what I would have typically afforded them. I licked my lips. I kill it. These bugs do not typically deserve a ceremonious death or my time for that matter. But it's good to have fun once in a while. In order to keep myself from doing just what I'd typically do, kill them with one twist of the neck, I watched Daron's little show, including the man who swung from the raptors like a man hung from a noose.

Once I realized Daron's next plan of action, I couldn't fight the hint of annoyance. I knew he was fully aware the two were no match for me. I knew he was aware I risked no harm. Yet I was peeved, and felt more than a twinge of disloyalty. It was all I needed to know that he would be a foe if his goals were opposed to mine. I wouldn't kill him, at least not yet, but I would make sure to let him know that I was not to be fucked with, even in the smallest of ways.

I appeared first, in front of Jessica. Why did I want the women dead first? Stop where you are, I said, commanding the man. A more simple task, one he at least didn't have the will to fight as much as the two would fight hurting each other. I pulled Jessica in front of me, holding up her hand for the rest to see. I splayed out her fingers, stroking them. It's funny, isn't it? They're such little parts of us, but these are what separate both our species from the animals. With that I snapped off her smallest finger, her scream bringing joy to my heart and the spray of blood on my face making me feel like the powerful being I was. But I wasn't an idiot. I never drank from those Army freaks. I was sure I was strong enough for whatever poison they carried to be no harm, but I wasn't going to risk it.

How's that god treating you? I asked, before twisting off her ring finger, tossing it so that it hit her lover in the face.

"Don't hurt her! Please, let us trade!"

Oh, don't worry, you'll have your turn too. And anyone else who thinks it's alright to fuck with an ancient.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:20 am

Allegiance. Now that was a word that wasn’t in my vocabulary. It was one that sat solidly in the realm of order. Now I was beginning to see why I found Gayle so utterly intoxicating. I knew somewhere in there was the woman I had first met. An ancient that didn’t have a stick firmly wedged in her arse, as shapely as it was. I wanted to bring that delicious creature out to play with me. Our little secret.

“I’d be a foolish man not to ask what it is I’d be advocating, but if it has anything to do with you. Then I’ll play the court Jester.” Promises were designed to be broken but that was a term that indicated absolutes. I preferred to traipse through the many shades of grey on offer.

No patience. It was good to learn things about these vampires. How not to annoy them, what was shaky ground and what was literally opening up a cavern that couldn’t be closed. A delighted grin filtered across my face as the Gayle I desired rose from the overly dignified woman before me. The face that I had caught a delicious glimpse of in the stairwell. Dropping from the rafters a clear expression of craving tore through my features, but it wasn’t the blood that was spurting from Jessica’s discarded digit that had me starving.This is what I want as part of my side of the bargain, this part of you.” Grabbing the male on my way towards her, throwing him at her feet, I stalked with hungry purpose.

“Actually, fuck these hunters, you can have my allegiance if you give me just that. I want to be the one you release this exquisite apex predator to.” Even though the stoic grace of the public formal face of Gayle was breathtaking in its authority, the rest of them could have that. I wanted the true side of her, the true side of us all. “I’ll be your toy when you’re in the mood for some real fun.”

“Speaking of fun.” I turned my gaze to the male hunter whose eyes were desperately locked on the Ancient’s face. Actually expecting a deal to be made when he had nothing to essentially offer. “I’ve just got to hear this, what the fuck do you think you have to trade mortal?”

Back to top Go down

Gayle Shaffer | Vampire; Ancient

Posted on Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:37 pm

It's not something easily answered, jester. I paused, simply to afford my dinner and entertainment a small amount of attention. An extra firm grip, a sniff of her hair, and a wicked grin. I want us to show for what we are, but some don't think we're enough. Don't you find that.... astounding? And then, I found that I liked at least this part of him, I felt something shift and while he could be a manipulative little shit, there was some truth to what he was asking of me. And the funny thing? What he was asking of me is what I wanted for all of us. I didn't want us to hide behind some facade of shitty bars and nightclubs and alleys. We were beautiful, monstrous creatures.

You don't even have to ask, I said as I snapped another of Jessica's fingers as if it was a string bean. I almost shivered in delight at her scream, but I didn't budge, my eyes on Daron and my smile almost requesting approval - but not quite.

NO! Please, I'll take her place. Let her go and you can-
My eyes widened in an almost silly, bemused expression, pure confusion portrayed by every facial muscle. Acting gold. That's strange, isn't it, Daron? He thinks that one of them has a chance at making it out alive. When was that ever part of the plan? I shoved Jessica in Daron's direction, her fingers, or more accurately, the holes where they once were, oozing blood. She was growing white with shock. Keep her awake, would you? I appeared in front of the man, already forgetting his name. It wasn't important. I gripped his shoulders, and brought him face to face with myself, as if I was a mother having a simple pep talk with her son. Honey, honey, do you understand who we are? What we are? I think you know but you don't understand. The most you can ask for is a quick death, but, I spun him around as to bring his beloved into view, as you can see, we're having too much fun for that.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:54 am

Blood rushed in my ears once I’d registered Gayle response. Every other Vampire I’d ever bothered to speak to about anything beyond the obvious, my music, had always seemed to be too comfortable with hiding behind the sheath of obscurity. They shrugged off the pathetic portrayals of our kind in media thinking nothing of it. It’s fine if the mortals think we sparkle in sunlight and can fall in love and have children then they’re blissfully unaware as to what is actually true. Fuck that. Why let them have their fantasies where every whiny teenager could find the boy of their dreams in the form of a fanged heartthrob? Allowing them such dreams was degrading to our entire species. If we took our rightful position at the pinnacle of the food chain publically then all wrongs would be righted. Not to mention think of think of the carnage. I wasn’t interested in a smooth transition. I wanted nightmares made flesh. 

Daron my love. She’s only offering you but a sliver of what I can. You’d be standing by her side rather than gloriously alone on your own throne. As a God you can do as you wish and show the mortals who it is they should be bowing to. True. Lilith always had a way of reminding me that aligning myself in any way shape or form with these Vampires didn’t launch me above them. Not that it was particularly important. Playing to Gayles rules would be one way to get the ball rolling and I could always throw that ball right back in her face when Lilith made me what I was meant to be. Show her that perhaps she should have been more open-minded about my affections before I became more powerful than she was. Oh how the idea of shoving her lithe body up against a wall and not having her be able to break free made me salivate. The way she would look at me was not even something I could imagine. That violent turn where everything she knew to be real suddenly flipped on its head.

This vision right in front of me was enough to make me wish I’d worn looser fitting pants. These women could glide around in their impeccable dresses and carefully crafted makeup and hair but it would never bring fourth the same reaction. I could appreciate the effort but it was the demonic side of them that caused the tension between my legs to reach boiling point. They all held back though, just as I found myself doing. Not really giving into what could be. “I’ve spent years trying to open eyes to the very fact that we don’t need the shadows but there’s only so much that subliminal messages and blatant lyrics can do when everyone seems so taken by this idea that any of us need to wear masks.” My age was a wall I’d hit. While I was reckless I was also not stupid. Taking a stand when only just over a century was idiocy not madness. Grabbing Jessica firmly I sliced a finger over my fang and wrapped an arm around her torso running the bleeding digit to her own injured fingers. She struggled, screaming bloody murder. “Don’t sully me with your demon blood!” I chuckled darkly and moved the already healing hand to her throat, shifting the one about her lower ribcage down between her legs. Grinding my hips against her I licked up her neck. Rubbing my hand firmly against her, digging in to leave nothing to the imagination I could feel her skin begin to heat, the color rising back into it. Jessica starting sobbing, a sound that began to sound strangled as my grip upon her windpipe increased.

“Don’t listen to her precious.” I crooned in her ear, wicked eyes locked on Gayle’s intoxicating form. “I’m younger than she is, so I still remember what mercy means.” I grinned knowing full well how ridiculous the statement was. Don’t think I’d even understood the idea when I’d been human. “You just have to think of a way that would entertain me enough to let you live that’s all. Something that’s more tempting than painting the walls of this place with your blood and that’s a very delicious thought so you’re going to have to be very convincing.” Releasing her I backed up watching her sniveling face turn towards me. “What about Aaron?” She held her hand to her chest by the wrist, looking down at the mended butchery. Twisted portrayals in media had one advantage I had to admit. Mortals seemed to be easily swayed by one instance of what looked like aide. They wanted to believe that every individual had some measure of goodness in them. Sadly for them, Vampires had none. Jessica wanted to believe that I would help her. Aaron wanted to believe that Gayle would trade something for his life and the life of his beloved. “It’s going to have to be pretty fucking amazing to get him out alive too. You see I have to convince her.” I gestured to my Queen letting my eyes run up and down her figure. “That’s not an easy feat Jessica.” She awkwardly moved towards me, and I stood my ground watching her though she didn’t meet my eyes. Her undamaged hand reached out and ran down my naked chest, landing on my belt. I cocked my head with mirth at Gayle as the little God fearing girl got down on her knees.

“I take it you have some diabolical plan as to how you’re going to change the fact we live in secrecy for no good reason?” Casually chatting while a hunter began reluctantly unhooking my buckle. Fumbling at it like a teenager on her first trip to lovers lane more like it. One handed and inexperienced. “Would you tell me? Or is a party in your honor not enough to show you how I feel about you?” Now that was a complicated thought. Feelings didn’t really factor into anything as we didn’t technically have them. Aside from manufactured sire bond fantasies, it was near impossible to really associate anything with what mortals would call emotion. Which is why I believed that whatever connection Gayle and Noelle thought they had was merely a shackle and what I experienced when I looked upon their faces was real. I didn’t have to do anything for them. They would find it difficult to believe that I would. Law an order was a façade. A cushion to lay back upon just like their bonds with their blood family. I represented a risk. A gamble. The wildcard that in one's hand held more power than the others combined. “I’m yours if you want me Gayle.”

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics