setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open] For a Few Demons More - Page 3

[Open] For a Few Demons More

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open] For a Few Demons More

Daron Wynyard | Vampire; Young

Posted on Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:46 am

You could break that. Sever that bond. Gods destroy, Daron. This was heaven. Torturous bloody ecstasy. Being tempted from several sources of potential chaos. All had their own brand of appeal. Caught my attention in a different way. Spoilt for choice and I had never been one to take just a single slice of cake. Her voice. Lilith’s voice. Would she always follow me now? Could I speak to her? What was she even suggesting? I’d never questioned myself so much in all my existence. To wither a sire bond would be the actions of a cruel God. Also a true display of power. My mind ticked over this seed Lilith had planted as my eyes raked over Noelle’s body as she spun. Gods could mend what they ripped asunder too.

My progeny. So many of mine are in attendance I forget what that feels like.” In fact I was almost numb to the tug. I’d been avoiding Henry all night in fact. Leaving him in the care of another of my progeny. A geriatric new-born was a bigger mood killer than sunlight. They like the seven deadly sins? Then show them Wrath, Daron my sweet. Gayle pulled me out of a downward spiral with a question. Regaining an attention span that dwelled in the here and now. “Enough to entertain the masses, but for you, I have something that goes beyond what’s on offer out here.” Our first meeting. I remembered everything about it. Every last detail. The Gayle that was presented to ballroom was not the one I had an interest in this evening. I wanted the Gayle that did more than just keep her fangs bared.

“As much as an audience always appeals.” I chuckled darkly gesturing to the other Blood Doll to call to attention a variety of drink baring menu items. “Bending, breaking their will so no matter what you do, they drink it down with relish.” Intensely communicating my bond with the stage, with its influence, I made sure to take mental snapshots of everything that I saw. It was almost a shame to interject when such a display was offered. “What I have in store requires privacy and will only offer to you.” All other guests came secondary to her. Her desires were the ones I was looking to satisfy. Others required so little effort.

A row of Blood dolls filed up the stairwell, each one carrying a tray with a different beverage. The first bore Absinthe which was my poison of the evening. “First, a drink? Then if you’re curious, we shall be going upstairs.” The upper level was barred from regular guests. While some rooms were locked, none were manned with a guard aside from the entrance to the astronomy platform. Henry had been searching for eternal life for years. Naturally he’d looked to the Gods. This place was a testament to how passionate his obsession had become. Statues of deities from many different eras, religions and cultures. He even looked to the stars. It had been fitting that his ultimate introduction into the dark had happened in his study. Where he had spent many hours searching for a way to live forever.

Back to top Go down

Gayle Shaffer | Vampire; Ancient

Posted on Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:07 am

Why was it such that the young always wanted to sire as if they were creating an army? Perpetuating the problem of the existence of quantity over quality? If I had the energy, at a time like this, creating an army of progenies might be a sensible option for myself. Daron’s “army” was likely flimsy like cardboard. In fact, exactly like cardboard - standing tall and proud until there was any amount of trauma. Disposable pawns were useful, but creating my own army - it was a thought. I wasn’t there yet, because it wouldn’t go without a high price. The aftermath of creating many sires for such a specific purpose would be daunting. How long had I been in high society, I wanted to make a point to him without making a jab; a sincere polite suggestion. You should consider becoming more selective in the near future. The rewards are - oh, I sighed, My apologies. I’m being very boring.

My eyes widened and admittedly my curiosity was heightened. A gift? And here I thought this was my gift, I said, looking around. Had he spoken with Noelle? What possibly could he have for me that I couldn’t obtain for myself or didn’t already have here? Or, I could say who although I sorely doubted he would be cunning enough to trap Ursula or anyone near her position. That would certainly be a gift to behold, wouldn’t it? And yet I would feel a bit at a loss; since I have wanted her demise to be at my hands and mine alone. Of course, until recently, I did not equate demise with death. I wanted to break Ursula’s ever resilient spirit. I wanted her to feel no more than an abused, neglected dog chained outside of some broken down trailer. But her existence would forever be a thorn in my side and a constant inconvenience. Yes, she would soon die at my hands simply because she was inconvenient. Maybe that drain to her dignity would be enough to satisfy me, maybe it wouldn’t.

That must be intoxicating, I replied, and I imagined myself in his place for a moment. I admired it for a brief moment. Maybe a cheap tactic, it was still a kind of strength to be able to command such a large group at once. It was something some had even without our gifts, and a personality like his, he would be one of those. He would be bold enough even as a human to hold a crowd in the palm of his hand. As for myself, I had the ability, but it was an acquired ability. And that ability was only my way of handling how those around me dealt with my power, my presence. My circumstance built my presence, instead of my presence building my circumstance, if that made sense. I raised an eyebrow and hooked my arm in his. Of course, I’m maddeningly curious. I took the Absinthe, as the server poured water over the sugar cubes. It was… cute? Endearing? And yes, a small part of me was still surly about the entire thing. I would rather be sipping the strange concoction while phoning, making plans, visiting the lab and giving orders. But tonight in a strange way a part of work was play. Once my drink was prepared I took the glass and raised it in a small toast to the host at my side. Upstairs, then. A smile followed a healthy drink of the green liquid, and I started toward whatever surprise awaited.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:24 pm

“I’ve found you many things, boring is not one of them.” Drinking down a glass of absinthe in one sharp snap of my head I led the way at first relishing her on my arm once more. As we hit the bottom of the staircase I detached her fingers reluctantly I began walking up the steps. However, I turned every now and again, navigating the staircase backward to watch her ascend. With each lithe step, the spine clinging to her gown transformed into living bone. Moving, shifting. To think I’d seen just a shred of the predator she was behind the perfect mask of refinement. Every slight sway of her hips, tilt of her chin, smile on her lips hid behind it a monster. I was drunk on the idea that I had not even seen the demon she could become. Even with Lilith lingering in the background. Injecting poisonous but tantalizing thoughts into my head, I knew I wanted to take my time. Find just how to bring her dark side out.

“Even if it looks like I may choose progeny on a whim, they all captured me at some time, for different reasons.” There was a method to my madness. Every Vampire of mine had taken hold of my attention long enough to warrant becoming a member of my lineage. “None have managed to really make a deep impression. I’m waiting for that moment where I can’t tear myself away.” It was all too easy to abandon them. To avoid them. I felt no real pain from being away from them.

Stepping back onto a landing, I was able to wave the guards off the door before making it anywhere near it. “Gifts these are not my Queen. Your return should always be marked with celebration. I will always give you more than I offer to others.” Lilith hissed in my head. A long drawn out animalistic rasp of hatred. “The word gift also implies that I don’t want anything in return.” Smirking slyly like a ravenous fox in a prized hen house I gestured to the heavy double doors at the end of the hall.

“Intensely, but unlike others, I get chastised if I enjoy it too much.” My fangs that had been hidden just out of habit clicked down into place instantly tainting my expression with hunger. There was no ache in my gut for actual blood. I’d eaten multiple times already thorough the early evening, regaining strength after days of being awake to satisfying Noelle. I’d relish doing it all over again for her Maker. However long it took to quench her desires. Just as I turned to begin walking towards the Observatory a blur of movement rushed in front of me. Getting slammed up against the wall, a hand about my neck, another gripping my leather jacket I found myself staring into the furious face of the Sherriff. “A Fan.” I crocked, coughing huskily as he pressed down on my throat. “You’re a devious lying piece of shit you know that Daron? We agreed on a couple of hours, so why the fuck did I find her corpse stuffed in a dumpster outside that hovel of a Wolf Bar!”

He hadn’t even looked at Gayle, probably was too focused on making me pay for my deception to take notice of my very important company. “I’m rather busy right now, story of my life.” Coughing again for effect I reached up to try and loosen his vice grip on my head. “I don’t care who you’re trying to fuck this time asshole.” Finally, he turned his rage soaked gaze to the Ancient and the strength seemed to dissolve from his limbs. Removing his hands, readjusting my jacket and rubbing my throat I chuckled darkly. “You honestly thought that I would play for you, my Supremacy banned music and in return only get Noelle’s dessert of choice for a few hours? Tsk tsk Sherriff, sounds like you don’t really deserve your position.” He snarled back in my direction though far more reserved than a moment ago.

Back to top Go down

Gayle Shaffer | Vampire; Ancient

Posted on Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:26 pm

I suppose my standards of entertainment have changed over the years. I’m afraid to say it’s easy to get bored at my age, so perhaps I just assume others are as bored as I am. Of course, it would be easy for that to be taken the wrong way.  Not to say that I’m bored now, just the opposite, as a matter of fact. Overwhelmed wasn’t the right word either. I had a task list in front of me that grew by the minute, and admittedly it was exciting to have goals again. It was exciting to have deadlines and pressure to get things done. And yet suddenly I had social obligations? Not just loose social obligations, but ones in my name. Nothing like what life had been like when I at least made a small attempt to fall in line with The Supremacy, when I at least pretended to be compliant. More respect, more adoration for those who coloured outside the lines? That’s something I could live with.

I hope you’re not expecting it to be an instant connection, at least not on your part. I wasn’t here to lecture, I wasn’t here to judge, that was The Supremacy’s job, wasn’t it? To attempt to dictate how we should live our lives, to tell us what we wanted and how to be submissive. Defeating the entire purpose of what we were. Selectivity and patience, if you’re looking for something like I have with Noelle. But of course, I said while ascending the steps, slowly, There is no definitive answer to how your relationships should be. I was being polite, however. He was young, but not so young that he couldn’t have some discipline. At least enough to decently raise a progeny. My steps followed his, until he stopped; I stayed at my place on the steps giving him space, eyeing his pride of which I didn’t approve or disapprove. It simply furthered my curiosity. My head cocked slightly to the side, I had admitted to myself that Daron was not simply a “fanboy”. Was that the right term? He had to have wanted something from me, and of course I would be naive to assume it wasn’t anything more than my company. My lips softened into a smile and I began to step forward when I felt the presence of another.

I did nothing to stop the man, I simply watched the show as Daron was now pinned to the wall by the overzealous sheriff. I had been polite enough to make an appearance, and I had work to do. I did not feel like watching the squabbles of these two, but I knew better. I did what I had to do to get things done, but I didn’t consider myself a rude being. Of course, that didn’t mean I would tolerate this absolute show of disrespect.

I slowly finished ascending the remaining steps toward the landing where to two boys stood, focusing my attention on the sheriff. I understand that you believe you have a rank of importance. I understand that you believe this man has wronged you, Sheriff. But you would do well to remember that compared to me you are even less than a pawn. You are less than useful, and currently you are less welcome than a rat at a dinner party. My advice is that you leave before I decide to take care of the problem myself.
Would you believe that the bastard said nothing, did nothing? Other than simply to smile at me. ”I know who you are, and you’re no longer one of us. So that means, that as far as my rank you still answer to me. Gotta love it, an ancient who answers to a she-” I only let him continue as long as he did for my amusement, however his voice began to grate on every nerve I had. In a flash, he was knees down on the steps, his teeth hugging the corner of the step before Daron’s feet. I’m sorry? Can you say that again? The instep of my foot pressed the back of his head slowly and I didn’t hear exactly which bone it was but I did hear a cracking sound. Oh, forgive me, I said, now looking to Daron, however my shoe did not leave the back of his head and I did not let up on the pressure. My hand dramatically covered my face in a feigned expression of humiliation. Is he a friend of yours? I’m sorry, I’m being a terrible guest.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:06 pm

It was fucked how such a mundane statement could make me feel so much pride. That’s why I had become disenchanted about the uncontrollable tie that garrotted Sire and Progeny. The will of Lilith, there was something pure and unsullied about it but so did like having a will of my own. A choice to feel affinity to another without having been influenced by a greater power. Gods didn’t have to listen to others if they didn’t want to. Sweet Daron, remember who it is that will lift you up. You can play but I can take the toys away. Lilith’s voice reverberated through my skull. Such saccharine poison. I was torn. Not a single part of me ever wished that Gayle would feel boredom. As old as she was I suspected that it had become a problem. There was nothing I wouldn’t do to make sure that never happened. Not being of her bloodline made that desire all the more intoxicating. Her nest wet my appetite for chaos. She stood atop that pinnacle. The Queen of a twisted court.

There had been no time to respond to her shards of wisdom since the sheriff had ruined the moment. Noelle was trouble I knew that. Her desires would drain my bank account and put me in peril but that just made her all the more tempting. She had known who I had been screwing with before I had agreed to the rules of the game. There was no way she knew how dangerous this was for me. I was already being held over the flames by The Supremacy. As respectful of a death they had offered, atop a rooftop playing my guitar to the rising sun. I didn’t have any intention of dying, even for my music. 

What was being said between Sheriff and my Queen lingered on the surface of my mind as I laughed darkly bending down to have a closer look. “Looks like you have a terribly cracked fang there.” The horror that poured into the Sheriffs eyes was delightful. I knew in the moment he was going to have to die. He didn’t have any idea of the situation I was in with The Supremacy. Once he did I was toast. The trick was taking his position without it looking like I had killed him myself.

“Gayle, I have to say you really know how to get a dead mans heart beating again.” Smirking up at her I ran a firm hand cheekily along her foot and up to her calf, urging her to stomp down, while also drinking in her skin. “I’m curious, no longer one of us? I don’t care for his side of the story but I’d like to be illuminated.” He had obviously been selected by the elite, killing him was an act of war against The Supremacy. “Not a friend, but an obstacle. Not nearly enough blood has been shed to call this a party yet so feel free to indulge wicked desires” 

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics