setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] A Hunger So Wild - Page 6

[Private] A Hunger So Wild

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] A Hunger So Wild

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:19 am

I felt like a teenager again. Standing idly by while punishment was being vocalized in my direction by my parents for sneaking out to get drunk. Was I in the wrong? No, that depended actually, on whether your morals where aligned in the way the world told you to keep them, or if you had a fucking mind of your own and determined that shit from experience. I tended to lean towards the latter. Yes, to me, it is all about my pack you dimwitted female fuck! I'm the reason they're fucking gone! It wasn't exactly a slip up, well it was, but one I could easily explain away, something I knew the moment it left my mouth.

I rubbed my temples, wincing in pain. I swear, her voice was giving me a fucking tumor. And as I breathed in and out I tried to calm down. I really did. I just wanted to get through this. I wasn't so fucking absorbed in going full verbal battle against her that it made me blind to the obvious. We were prolonging this misery. What do you want... What do you want... What do you want!? It started slow, but by the time the final pleading question came out of me both hands were extended in her direction, palms up. I really wanted a fucking answer. You want me to treat you differently? Better? You want a family? A home? But baby steps, friendships aren't a good enough start? You want to climb your way from your mothers womb straight to president then? You want to be treated like an equal, but any offers are charity? I mean fuck Luxx! What. Do. You. Want? I can't, I ca- Fu-I jus- What- How can I fucking please you? Jesus fucking Christ how does anyone fucking please you?! You are fucking impossible!

I had too many things I wanted to say on my mind, I knew it would just come out as it had before... Fractions of words. So I just stopped. I was fucking defeated. She could win. I didn't give a fuck anymore. She was the fucking winner. Top dog Luxx, the master at pissing someone off so much they have to physically detach themselves from their fucking vocal chords just so she wouldn't have something to talk back to. My hands flopped down, and I was done. Fine. I blurted out, just a single word, but it filled me with so much fucking hatred I felt like jamming my fist into the stupid rock bowl and telling her to suck my dick before walking out. I won't question your motives. It's easy Luxx, just as long as you don't give me a fucking reason to. I practically mumbled the words.

I looked at her, so fucking bitter that for the first time, I couldn't even find her moment of gratitude refreshing. It simply disgusted me. You know what Luxx? It's cool you're happy, but spare me the fucking thank you's. I'll help you do what you need to do to be ready for whatever is to come. But you're right, I won't be your friend. You make it too fucking hard and I don't have it in me to fight you and our enemies at the same time. If she couldn't sense the complete ''done'' tone in my voice then I didn't know how else to get the message through her thick skull.

I watched her, blankly. I was a fucking zombie. She had pissed me off so much, that I felt... Clear? I'd been playing a game of tug of war with her for so fucking long I almost forgot how easy it was to avoid rope burn if you just let go. And I had, I had fucking let go, if she fell on her face, it was no longer my problem. And as I stepped forward to clench my fist, claws extended and digging into my palms, and blood dropping directly over where hers had, I'd proven it.

She didn't get a single fucking word from me.

Back to top Go down

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:55 am

My eyes blinked. I didn’t even. Huh? What the fuck was this? I tilted my head to the side a look on my face that reflected my insides. Maybe I should just start with..? Okay. Right. No. I had no idea. Biting my lip I awkwardly looked down at the now pink water in the Scrying Bowl. Holy shit I was speechless. Shifting my eyes back to him I bit my lip. How could I..? “Right soooo…” I let out a strangled breath. Fuck sake. How could he flip me from being so fucking full of rage to being confused as all fuck. “Since when did you want to please me? Is that…is that a thing?” My eyes widened, questioning and I had a feeling they were tinged with one emotion I felt deep in my stomach. Fear. It was an odd feeling to have given the situation. I’m sure there were many females out there that would love to hear Onyx tell them he wanted to know how to please them. I was not one of those females.

“I…don’t want anything from you. I don’t want you to give me anything.” My voice was so dead serious. Everything I was saying was coming from a place I’d never spoken from to anyone. Actually no, there was one person. The only person who was worth more to me than the Ancestors, the moon, my own wolf. Sona. “It’s hard to explain…not that I’m implying you’re an idiot…which I just did by saying that…fuck..” Groaning at my inability to just be nice ever, I rubbed my face with both hands sighing with annoyance at myself. “Look….I’m not….see? I can’t do it, I can’t even….it would be amazing if you could understand but it’s not something I can put into words.” Fuck I sounded like a monkey but for some reason I also sounded more me than I ever had. There was no, sickly sweet supportive Sona in my voice. There was no nasty bitch. There was no Lone who expected the worst.

“I guess if you’re set on us not being friends, then it doesn’t really matter does it? Everything that’s worth a damn is hard Onyx but you’re just going to assume I’m saying that because I’m apparently full of myself.” I looked at him evenly without a single shred of spite in the statement. Dipping both hands into the bowl to scoop up water I paused looking up at him through my eyelashes, head tilted down. “It’s funny to think, that you’ve led me to believe you think I despise you, that I’m here just to fuck you over. When in fact I probably care more about you than your own pack does.” It had nothing to do with Prophecy either.

Drinking back the water I waited, listening to my own heartbeat, eyes closed. When I opened them the cave was swimming. “I appear to be alive..” The words sounded so distant. Almost whispered. I wanted to joke about the taste of his blood, or something equally as fucked up but I couldn’t. I was getting flashes of things I didn’t understand. Couldn’t grasp. Maybe I’d be able to hold on to them once he completed the connection. Fuck I hoped this didn’t become weird.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:40 am

It was almost sad. I mean, if I was truly capable of feeling anything anymore, I probably would have felt sad. But she'd drained me. I was absolutely drained, and as an added weakening, she took some of my blood too. The lack of care I felt in that moment was fucking sad though. I didn't even care to correct her, to inform her that pleasing her wasn't what I had meant, and wasn't what I intended to do. Even if it left her with the wrong impression of me, I just didn't fucking care. It wasn't even some spiteful cruel intention I had, to purposely feed her dish after dish of displeasure and disrespect. To put it simply, despite our previous conversations, despite the sour looks and hateful undertones, I didn't, and never had felt one way or the other about her, she pissed me off, but when that was your default it was hardly fucking impressive. Trust was a big thing with me, that was true, and she'd done more to lose it than earn it. But if I didn't feel one way or the other about her to begin with, admittedly it probably wasn't as big of a fucking deal as I'd probably made it seemed... Or felt it was. But now? Now I just... I was just fucking tired and didn't care.

My eyebrows lowered, feeling more confused now than I had only a moment earlier. That seemed to be the running theme for the night, fucking confusion, hand in hand with anger. It was a fatal combination, one that had clearly injected me with a sedative before going in for the kill. Then let's get on with it. There's nothing either one of us can say to make shit... I don't fucking know, easier. You can't put whatever it is into words, and I don't care to try to explain anything to you at this point. I mean what does it fucking matter anyway? I get it, shits fucking shit, it's the only way I can sum up yours and mine... Whatever... Piece it is we constantly feel fucking compelled to prove is bigger than the other. We will never see eye to eye, but it just doesn't fucking matter. This, this matters. You need it, you need this rock bowl then fine. Let's do this, and just end the fucking torture already. We're business associates, but no one said we needed to be pals so, fuck it let's stop wasting time and get it done. I couldn't put it in a more neutral way. And I couldn't express how little I cared at this point any better than that either. I was done, and only hoped her promise of disappearing after this war was over was one she'd keep. But I guess it didn't matter, because if she didn't go, then I sure as fuck would. Retirement for alpha's... Probably the only retirement necessary before thirty.

I'm not assuming anything. And honestly Luxx, I find nothing comforting in you caring about me more than my own pack. I ended the conversation with that, or more accurately, I was forced to because she was going on about some shit about appearing alive. Thank fucking god... I wasted no time reaching in and slurping it back like it was the blood leftover from a really fucking good rare steak. Or at least, that's what I was telling myself. Let's just hope I could keep it down...

Back to top Go down

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:51 am

At first I didn’t think it had worked. My eyes were still open, looking at Onyx but as soon as I closed them, to blink, it felt like I was falling. Not a plummet, but a slow drift. This was so not what I remembered a connection to the ancestors being like. There was a dense nothingness and it was fucking cold. Like a grave. No life, no warmth, nothing. Suddenly I panicked. Obviously the ritual hadn’t worked. I’d done everything correctly but I had been locked out. Locked out. I’d been rejected. A feeling that I knew wasn’t mine sunk into me. Wrapped around me. It physically manifested itself as knarled blackened ancient fingers encasing me, trapping me in a cage. An ebb pulsed from the living flesh telling me things. Whispering them. No one loves you. You have no one to love. Life isn’t worth living. No guidance. Welcome Death. With each word uttered without a voice thick vicious muck seeped from the fingers. It oozed down, began to drip on me. It was ice cold and yet burned the longer it stayed on my body. The more I listened the more I believed the words but then I also knew they weren’t for me. I knew who they were for. That was possibly even worse. The complete disconnection from the Ancestors was even more devastating, if that was even possible. It was like the rope I had tethered to them was harshly severed. They didn’t exist here. Onyx couldn’t hear them. I wanted out of here but I didn’t have the strength to fight. When something grabbed me from behind I welcomed it…I actually hoped it was Death himself.

“Shall we begin your history lesson?” It was a girl’s voice. Not a real girl though. It was difficult to explain. It wasn’t just because it was disembodied but it had that, old soul feeling to it. Like it had lived thousands of years. Suddenly a room launched itself around me. I stumbled disoriented and hit the ground on my knees. Everything was made of glass. There was nothing outside of it however. That same dense black void as before. A cube. Yet another prison. Etched on the walls in varying sizes, all different shades of red was a symbol. “I remember this.” I mumbled. Onyx had shown it to me on a piece of paper. Walking closer to one of the drawings I ran a finger over a line, my skin came away crimson, thick with blood. I’d seen it carved into every dead Pack Masters chest. Onyx had called it, a Star of David or some shit. A religious symbol for the Supremacy. As I stepped back the symbol I had touched began to glow and my eyes opened in absolute horror. Onyx….he had this on his body. I’d seen it when I’d used my ability in his living room. Was this a sign of things to come? Was I going to fail? Was he going to die? No, no, no, no, no, no.

“You see those restraints?” The girls voice again. This time it came from a direction so I spun around to face it and instead was met with something that almost forced me to my knees again. Onyx was locked into a chair. It wasn’t made of metal or wood or anything that would seem normal. Bone. Not any old bone. Wolf bone. It actually spread from inside of him, ripped through the cloth of his black jeans, of his leather jacket. Wove around, submerged into the floor, holding him in place with his own skeleton. His pale blue eyes were blank. “Onyx, hey, hey, you don’t have to feel like this.” Running to him I lifted his head in my hands trying to reach him.

“The interesting thing about our blood...” That voice was doing my head in. I hated it and I didn’t even understand why it was that I did. Who the fuck was she? Whose blood? “We need you to drink a lot.” The glass walls began to darken. They were moving. A transformation took place that terrified me beyond belief. In seconds the room I was standing in had become actual flesh, which breathed, and shifted and smelt like death. Just like a corpse. Like a Fanger. Tentacles of the shit pushed out of the walls and snaked about us and I clung to Onyx in a failed effort to shield him. I couldn’t stop this. Whatever it was I knew it had already happened. Getting tossed aside effortlessly I watched helplessly as the tendrils stabbed into him, morphing into tubes that began pumping blood into him. It began to pour from his eyes, mouth, ears and I turned my head away unable to watch anymore. Even though I wasn’t watching I could hear him. Choking. Spluttering and then howling. “STOP! I don’t know what happened to you…I’m sorry, just stop…STOP!” Was this real? This couldn’t be real. It was a nightmare surely. Somehow things had gotten fucked and we were now stuck in some fucked ass dream he’d had after watching a Hellraiser movie. It just…I was so confused. I could feel his horror. Fuck, it made me want to die.

“You're doing just fine Mr. Byrne, this time, remember to breathe before we begin.” A bright blinding light flashed in front of my eyes making me wince in very real pain. A buzzing, almost deafening came along with it and I screamed holding my hands over my ears, curling up into a ball on the floor. ''Mr. Byrne?'' It echoed, her voice, drilled right into my brain. Made my eye sockets feel like they were rejecting my eyeballs. ''Mr. Byrne?'' Snapping my head up I began yelling at the space around me, eyes screwed shut not wanting to see anymore. “Shut the fuck up! SHUT UP! JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP!”

“Luxx..” My eyelids flew open when I actually heard his voice. Turning to the source, I was reluctant to hope that it would actually be attached to his body. “Oh god…what the fuck?...” He was strung up off the floor. Wrists and ankles bound, spread wide enough that the shoulder and hip joints were dislocated. Next to him stood Odin. I’d only met the King of the Traitors once or twice but I knew it was him. I snarled immediately but as I took one step forward, he produced a whip. It shimmered in the white light that seemed to bath everything in an unearthly glow. With a fast snap of his wrist, far too fast to be from a wolf, he cracked it across Onyx. The skin sizzled and smoked. Silver.

Onyx just smiled. Odin began wailing on him with no mercy and I stared, tears rolling down my cheeks. It didn’t stop. The dead Pack Master kept going. I went numb. Each slash, bit deep into Onyx’s body, burned and opened up bloody wounds. But he kept smiling this fucked up smile, that wasn’t his. I didn’t even notice that Odin had stopped his assault until I heard Onyx’s voice again. “My trigger Luxx…..is Rage.”

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:49 pm

I had nothing to compare this to. My wolves had gone to talk to Spirit, and Ghost, and come back rejuvenated. They spoke of the experience as a spiritual gift. Pups looked forward to their first prophecy with such excitement and wonder. Looking back, I'd attempted several prophecies. In my earliest days as wolf, I remembered feeling that same sense of excitement and wonder. Maybe a touch of fear for the unknown, but I had shared their feelings once. It felt like such a long time ago. In truth, every prophecy I'd received had been one tainted by Lilith. Excitement and wonder had been swallowed by that fear I'd felt for my first experience. If only Luxx knew what a gift this was for her, how paralyzed I felt the moment I dipped my hands into that water and consumed what felt to me, a gulp of poison, with no turning back, no antidote.

As it began I thought of acid, wondering if negative thoughts could lead me down the path to a bad trip, because I could feel something, but it didn’t feel… Right. Like someone had taken my surroundings and warped the scene before me into a visual… Distortion? I could only describe it like a television, flipping through channels, seeing movement on each one for barely a second before moving to the next. They were pieces of scenes, all accompanied by their own sound, slow at first, but as time moved on they flashed so quickly they nearly painted a picture, one I could follow, one I could understand. Gaps were filled with more scenes, quicker and quicker until it just stopped. Black, silence. I was no longer in the cave.

I was nowhere.

Nothing. Just emptiness and cold. Nothing for my eyes to focus on but the black around me. I could hear a low hum, it would phase in and out, like pulsing sound. And as my own heart began pumping more fiercely, the sound weaved in and out in time with it. It wasn't a hum at all, they were words... Or they were becoming words. I was hearing them spoken from under water, but I was nearing the surface as they became more clear. Louder, clearer, more and more until I opened my eyes, "BARE YOUR SOUL.'' My eyes opening, the words finally reaching my ears in full clarity, all of it triggered sound, and I could hear everything, I could see everything. The river I'd been floating in... Was that why it was cold? Was that why it sounded as though I was submerged?

I gasped for air, looking around frantically, not even registering that this wasn't real until I blinked and I was standing beside a woman. Older, blonde hair, I loved her. She was looking at me, and I her as I sat down beside her, taking in her scent, taking in her voice. ''I’m just saying that you should consider that knowing a prophecy almost completely solidifies it coming true in the future. That we make it flesh just by knowing. Sometimes it’s better not to know.'' Her body jerked back, like someone had hit the rewind button and clicked play again. ''Sometimes it's better not to know.'' What... What did that mean? In a flash of red the tree we had been sitting under was on fire, and a moment later, it wasn't, and she was repeating herself again. ''Sometimes it's better not to know.'' I looked to her, wide panicked eyes, I fucking hated this. I didn't want this anymore! And my fear rooted to my fucking insides as I looked to her again and her face was gone, nothing but skin, no openings for her mouth, her eyes, her nose, just a blank slate of skin as she repeated herself again, and the words came out muffled.

I wanted to throw myself back, to recoil away from her, but it... It faded. No, the faceless woman meant the world to me. She was home. I miss it. It’s so far out of reach. My arms wrapped around her, and hers around mine as a red leaf fell to my lap. Like rotting flesh it started to decay and I released my grip around the woman, watching it sizzle and bubble as it practically decomposed into a black bloody pile on my skin. Again, I wanted to move away, but I just looked to the woman beside me and smiled. Why was I so happy? Her jaw stretched down, and the skin over her mouth pulled tight from the strain as she screamed a muffled scream of bloody murder in my direction. I knew at this point I wasn't in control of anything in this body, except my own physical tells. My chest pumped in and out, and hands shook in fear as I was thrown back. The roots of the tree we'd been sitting under busting through the earth and coiling around my limbs. I couldn't move. STOP! I yelled out to... Someone, something, but my voice wasn't mine... It was... Luxx?

The skies above me turned red, and a thick black fog rolled in from all sides. Swallowing every ounce of beauty in the landscape. Black foggy hands reached out from within the fog, like smokey claws to grip Sona on either side of her head. No! ''Bare, your, soul.'' The whisper was long and drawn out, and it too was coming from the fog that was swarming the landscape. I watched helpless as the hands gripped around her neck, and when they moved away a dark ring clung where it had been holding her. A collar. The pain, the struggle, I felt it all as I tried to break free but watched in horror, guilt more powerful than I'd ever felt flooding in, emotionally overwhelming me as her back snapped, neck flung violently to the side sending an echoing crack throughout the black that had nearly driven away all light. She hovered there, on her knees, before gravity threw her to her face and her body shriveled up like a dying plant. Arms and legs shrinking in, everything that made her full and everything I remembered I loved disappeared as her brown dead skin clung to her skeleton, until eventually, that disappeared too. I cried out, absolutely fucking hollow.

More screams in the distance, and I could barely see through the tears in my eyes. I broke one arm free, the roots from the tree like knives cut a gash into my arm. The river too was nearly swallowed up, not before I'd see the water turn to red, to blood. I shivered in grief, in pain. I tried to breath, to keep pushing myself but the roots came up faster than I could fight them off. I needed to do something, I was determined to do something. I need to make this right, blood for blood. But I was being pulled into the earth, I was suffocating, alone. When will I find home? Misery, I lay there in complete agony. Mentally and physically encased by the black that swallowed up everything I'd loved.

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics