setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] A Hunger So Wild - Page 5

[Private] A Hunger So Wild

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] A Hunger So Wild

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:40 am

“Training, Hunting. My two jobs in the Dominion. Battle Strategy was Riot’s domain, but I was a sponge in those meetings.” Why the fuck was I telling him this? He was going to think I was fucking offering to train him and his merry band of muppets. Half of me knew it would inevitable. I couldn’t possibly defend him, make sure my own wolf didn’t die and other wolves I’d collected along the way. Being that amazing was going to take more than Fanger juice and years of warmongering in a blood thirsty pack. “Just by looking at a wolf I can tell what their battle strengths are. It’s the best starting point for a turned wolf. Work from there.” Boxing ourselves in based on our physiology wasn’t the goal, but it was a good start. We all had something we were good at just due to how we were built in wolf form.

While I was talking like the General I’d used to be I dusted off the immediate area around the bowl. Fuck it was surreal that the water didn’t drain with a crack in the stone like that. Truly magical in every sense of the word. Maybe the Index Scrying Bowl just looked like this. I was just freaked out about it because it wasn’t like the only other one I’d ever seen. “My gratitude isn’t enough?” Throwing him a lopsided grin I took the backpack off my shoulder and rested it on the ground. Of course it wasn’t. I should have known that Onyx wasn’t actually doing this out of the goodness of whatever heart he had in that chest. “Would have thought me fighting for you and collecting wolves for you would be enough, but I’m used to fuckers asking for mountains when I get pebbles.” This was in actual fact a fucking island. He was gifting me an island. But I didn’t want him to realize that this was just that damn important to me. “So we can discuss what you want later….or now if you need to know you’re getting a bargain.”

Removing dried Mugwort from the bag along with a stone from my own packs den I began grinding the herb into crumbling shreds. The action helped me channel some anger, though it also filtered out through my mouth. “I understand respect fuckweed, don’t for a second think you know the first thing about me.” Dusting the Mugwort into the water I hoped I’d put enough, but not too much of the stuff in there or Onyx and I wouldn’t be leaving this place.

“A cleverly shaped rock?” Pausing to glare at him incredulously I bent down to collect a bundle of sage, igniting the end of it with a barbeque lighter. Soft smoke began to fill the cave. “This is a place spiritual leaders directly tap into the Otherside, it’s more than a cleverly shaped rock.” Getting him to see the unreal beauty of this place wasn’t my goal, I had to swallow the disgust over his blatant disconnection from something that was so definitively wolf.  

“We clean the area of shit that’s brought in from the outside. The moon charges and cleanses the water so we don’t need to touch that. The burning sage purifies the air around us. That…” I pointed to the remnants of dried Mugwort clinging to the rock. “…is a vision herb, though in the wrong doses is toxic, now all we need is blood, yours and mine. Then we drink” Holding out one arm I began to partially transform my hand, intending to claw my other using my own paw. Then I realized what I was asking him to do. Trust me. “Guess this is actually the better time to ask what it is you need….whatever the fuck it is, you can have it.”

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:48 am

I knew better than to believe anything that came out of her mouth. Which was why I was mentally tearing myself apart for feeling so trusting now. If she lied about big shit, then little shit was probably a cakewalk. I was happy for the reminder, but also fucking pissed. With any liar or betrayer, you never knew when they were telling the truth. And if she was now, then this was not a contrast I wanted. It was easy to chalk up her apparent ''exceptional fighting skills'' to an inflated ego. But training and hunting for her, if she had been telling the truth about The Dominion meant training and hunting of wolves and humans. Not fluffy bunny rabbits and deer in the Index wood. I hated the idea of it being true, I hated the idea of being a part of a pack that didn't even know how to hunt easy to find bunny rabbits and deer when apparently she could tear apart whole packs in the company of her previous.

The day I ask for training from you is the day... I respect her? I see her worth the effort? I see her worth at all? I admit her equal? All held a small element of truth, because the truth was, as much as The Pacific had been raised and coddled to believe peace was the way to live, that just wasn't the fucking case anymore. We needed fighters, we needed to fight. All of which sounded fucking great on paper, but the reality of my wolves was as intimidating as a baby with a squirt gun. I don't know... Yeah, she had a fucking ego, and so did I. She may have played nicey nice once, but it was going to take a whole lot more than a pep talk to get me to admit any potential respect. Frankly, I saw that word as a two way street anyway, and she seemed more like the type to take back alley routes.

It might have been, if I'd sensed any. What the fuck was this gratitude shit? Or was she just mistaking gratitude for attitude? It was likely, I couldn't imagine a pack of wolves that hunted their own kind had much intelligence to begin with. What the fuck? Uh, if I remember correctly, this was a team fucking effort. But if I'm the only one that cares about rounding up an army and fighting against our enemies, then fine. You go ahead and sit in your little selfish corner, no one's forcing you to do shit. I'm not your alpha, remember. It was amazing, she was truly fucking gifted, hell, maybe it was a superpower. The ability to look at a half eaten pie and one minute claim she was saving the rest for you, and the next, biting your head off for taking a bite.

Watching whatever fucked voodoo shit she was doing was enough to take my mind off of the prime example she'd given me, proving she was indeed mistaking gratitude for attitude. I do, actually. You shared it with me remember? In fucking fact, I think I officially know more about you than you do me. Doesn't that just piss you off? I smiled as smugly as I could and crossed my arms like I'd just fucking discovered the holy fucking grail. Which, in a way, I had. Or not, I wasn't sure how the story went, and how similar it was to the rock bowl. In truth, I had a feeling the holy grail would look more impressive than this piece of shit.

Fine, fuck. ''Don't insult the rock''. Noted. I coughed, waving through the air and stepping back so she could cleanse the ''more than just a rock'' of it's demons, or whatever the fuck she was doing. Something, admittedly, I probably would have been more curious about if I wasn't here with such a fucking asshole. As I'd said before, she was really fucking easy to hate, not so easy to like. What? Wait... We clean the area with the moon, cleanse the sage with the water, and what? What was that last fucking part? Uh, what? I said again, this time taking a step back. Since when was blood a part of the deal, Luxx? And who said I was drinking shit? And also, fucking gross. I want you to get a fucking reality check. Jesus. If you think I'm feeding you my blood, drinking yours, and going on this hippie dippie journey with you, you're absolutely high. What the fuck was she on?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:35 pm

This was meant to be a place of peace, tranquility, of vision quests. Onyx was fucking tossing lemon into the spiritual water and I couldn’t help but stir the pot. As the Sage removed negative energy, it just seeped from our pores. Refusing to let him ruin the smell was paramount but my mouth moved on it’s own, to counter his sour with even more salt. “Even if you did, and really it would be smart to do so, I would tell you to go fuck the nearest tree.” I’d offered once upon a time and had never followed through. I remembered watching some of their pitiful attempts at training from the shadows of the forest. A mixture of pity and disgust had flitted in and out. One making me get up with the intentions of helping the fucking blind. The other making me laugh and continue drinking from my bottle of vodka. They had potential. They were fucking wolves for fuck sake, of course they did. Without someone who knew what the fuck they were doing though it was just a shitshow.

“Urgh” I gripped the sides of my head in utter frustration. He drove me fucking crazy. Always with the tug of war of who was more in the right, who was the fucking asshole. It was so tiring and yet I kept coming back for more. It never fucking changed and that was almost comforting. I felt like I knew Onyx, knew what I was getting. Our meetings weren’t shrouded in some fucking mystery as to what was going to happen. He was a dick and that was never going to change. No matter how many times he did something….thoughtful. “That’s the fucking thing, I don’t have to do any of this. It’s a team effort and I’m not even a fucking number wearing member. Think about it Onyx. In the end you get glory and a fucking new pack full of wolves who have fought and won against a powerful enemy and I get what?....nothing, that’s what.” Growling I turned my eyes back down to the scrying bowl beginning to stir it with my finger. The water needed to be moving in a clock-wise direction for the ritual to work. The movement was a metaphor or some shit for the flow of our reality.

Didn’t think it was possible for me to become anymore sour than I was in this moment. A thick taste of sickness lingered on my tongue. “Call it my sacrifice for the greater good. But for your information knowing about my pack beginnings, my call to prophecy, all of that…doesn’t mean you know me.” He was right though and I hated it when he was. I was doing what the ancestors asked of me and had to be happy with the fact it didn’t mean that other person had to reflect my openness.

What?....

I stared at him in angry disbelief for what seemed like an eternity. Divulging what was involved in the ritual had been very much on the back-burner. Partly because at the time I hadn’t known exactly how I was going to do this shit, there were so many ways. This had seemed the most solid. To get this scrying bowl to accept me. So intimate. I got it. “I..” Wracking my brain with something to offer him I came out with nothing. “What..?” Nothing. Nothing I hadn’t already promised to him. Nothing. A pained expression came across my face as I pulled my eyes away from his. “Fine. This was the only way to get the Pacific Scrying bowl to see me as more than a stranger, an outsider, a lone.” My tone was empty, desolate. He had stripped from me something I desperately needed. Clarity. “It was a nice hike Onyx…we should do it again sometime.” I felt utterly hollow.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:10 am

I almost wanted to laugh. One of those awkward gut busting laughs that fill the air at funerals. That was a great fucking comparison actually. Because there was nothing funny about this, but that impulse still wrapped it's clawed fingers tight around my stomach. Her superpowers were piling up, and none of them were even close to being as cool as flying or shooting laser beams out of her eyes. Her newest, the ability to give me absolutely zero fucking incentive to ever help her again. I could admit I was a fucking instigator, but what was the saying? It took two to tango? Fuck her, at least if I put my dick in a tree it wouldn't talk back, insult me, I don't fucking know, try to make me feel like shit in every possible way imaginable.

What the fuck is wrong with you? I don't want fucking glory. I want wolves to be safe, to live, that's it. You forget, Luxx, just because all of that sounds like a wet dream on cloud nine to you doesn't mean it does to everyone else. She was cut from the same cloth as Odin. Maybe not... Entirely, but their fabric was at least made in the same fucking factory. The satisfaction of knowing you helped win a war? I don't know, the ability to fucking sit for a minute because your help in said war earned you at the very least enough respect that you don't get chased out with a fucking broom? Uh, friends? Allies? Fucking breathing room? I know none of that sounds as fucking epic as glory and a pack of fighters to you. Jesus you're complicated as fuck, one second you're into it, the next you act like it's an obligation.

I rolled my eyes, slumping my shoulders and arms down in defeat as I threw my head back. Maybe we can go out for coffee and you can tell me all about your hobbies and dreams then. Knitting, flying kites, I don't know what it is you do aside from get on my last nerve, but if you can't tell, I'm dying to know. Fuck her.

I tried to hold my stare, keep my expression from wavering, I tried. But she was just staring at me. Had she short circuited? Had her dials finally switched from bitch to buttercup? No... It was switched to something worse. It was now my turn to stare at her. And I did, waiting for her defeated response to be followed up with insults and ''oh my life is so much worse than yours'' statements in typical and colorful Luxx fashion. Nope, nothing, just silence and I was fucking... I was fucked, I was simply fucked. My fists balled up, eyes lit up, growls filled the space between us as I swung around, kicking a rock towards the way we'd come in. Mother FUCKER! Another slur if disjointed shucks and Funts followed as I gave another kick, and growled when I realized the next rock wasn't quite as detached as I'd thought it was.

FINE! Fuckin' take my blood and let's wash our fucking hands in Jesus' fucking rock bowl of piss! I threw my hand out in front of her as violently as I could and growled until there was no air left in my lungs.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:47 am

Hug him. That was my first instinct but luckily there was a huge fucking rock between us. So while my fingers twitched with the impulse, it never came to fruition. Fucking ancestors save me. An overwhelming feeling of gratitude, real pure, gratitude welled up inside of me and there was only one thing I could do to squash it. Be an asshole. Weakness was something I just couldn’t offer up on a dinner plate for anyone. Least of all to an Alpha. Especially Onyx. “It’s not just glory for you dickwagon, it’s for your whole pack. Fuck. Do you not have any ambition at all? And if you’re thinking about all wolves, then fuck me, you don’t fucking show it. Pacific pack this and Pacific pack that. It’s enough to make an outsider want to fucking kill themselves because they’ll never be good enough.” While I was unearthing an old sentiment I had once carried around like a shackled boulder, it was also something Boom and Scarlet had expressed a concern about. Onyx was not their Pack Master, he didn’t have an obligation to help them. Wolves were so fucking fragmented and it was the way it had always been. Stick with your pack. They are your family. Protect and Honor.

“Fuck you, so much. Of course I’ll be fucking happy with being a part of a war party again. I’m a fucking Warlord for crying out loud. As for all that other shit. Friends? Are you fucking kidding me? Are you going to be my friend when I outlive my usefulness Onyx?” I burst into laughter. “Fuck, I’m meant to be deliriously happy with getting a sniff of something you already have? Family. A home? Fuck you! Keep your fucking charity. I don’t need it. I’ll earn my keep and then be on my fucking way because we all know that’s how this is going to end.” Hearing it from my own mouth was like slitting my wrists. I wanted a home. I wanted a family. It was something I had dreamed of for fucking years and yet I just had this feeling that it would never happen. I didn’t want to entertain that feeling because it was a darkness that I couldn’t face but it was always there, in the back of my mind. “It is an obligation, one that gives me a reason to live, so stop fucking questioning my motives its getting fucking old!” The last word echoed in the cave I’d snarled it so loud.

All the anger hadn’t completely diffused the realization that Onyx, not being comfortable with what was about to happen, was doing it anyway. Revisiting that thought sobered me and I extended my hand once more, shifting it into a paw. “All that bullshit assfuckery aside Onyx…” I paused sheepishly looking at the ceiling and shuffling uncomfortably on the spot. “Thanks….for doing this, I get that it’s fucked up but if I don’t do this….” I paused again. Be Open. I’d given him so much could I just stop now? This was tearing me apart and with everything else….how much more could I handle? “Then I don’t know if I’ll have the strength to do what needs to be done.” Fuck…..me.

Tearing my own arm with a claw, just enough to send a spurt of blood into the spinning water I grinned at him. “I’ll even be lovely and drink first, so if I die, you know I fucked up and not to follow suite, making this a fucked Romeo and Juliet moment.” As the scratch begin to clot, beginning its healing process I lowered my arm, waiting for him to follow the leader.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics