setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] A Hunger So Wild - Page 4

[Private] A Hunger So Wild

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] A Hunger So Wild

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:30 am

Maybe I was mental. Maybe Lilith had surfaced too many times and my brain was just fucking broken. Fried to all hell. How many times had the migraines come on? The blackouts? The visions? I mean that had to cause some fucking damage, irreversible damage. It wasn't like I could hop off into the fucking hospital and demand a cure for possession. It wasn't that simple, it never was. Maybe she just fucked with my head too much. Maybe Luxx was right about some shit, but there was no possible way I could agree with her because my brain was goop. I really did fucking struggle, to see her side, to see everyone's side. I tried, at first, but it always lead back to the same place. Comparisons, and the emotions that followed always lead to rage.

A tug at my arm, I didn't think it was going to be enough to stop me. And really, it shouldn't have been. I should have kept on going, because what followed was so much fucking worse. I wanted her to yell, call me fucking names, make me feel like the shit I was, hell, fucking hit me, shift and rip my heart out. All of that would have been a million times better than the mind fuck that followed. I would gladly sit back in that chair and guzzle down gallons of leech blood, suffocate in it like I had, feel it oozing out of my eyes and nose, I'd rather be tortured than be here, witnessing Luxx's version of possession. It all got so much fucking worse as she said that word. One I hadn't heard in so long it might as well have been a knife in my gut. I hated the way it sounded, and I hated it even more hearing her voice speak it. I fucking hated it so much.

I stared at her, terrified to change my expression, terrified to move or breathe. On one hand, if I acted out in the way I wanted to, the way that felt natural, the way that would cut through the awkwardness in the most effective way, it would be a blatant 'fuck you' to her, who for once, despite my discomfort, had put in a positive effort. On the other hand, I couldn't do it. I couldn't, the tone of her voice, the words coming out of her mouth. They were sick, sick fucking attempts to manipulate me, intentional or not, into showing weakness. You could be beaten and fucking broken but you didn't need to be weak, they didn't go hand in hand. I didn't have enough of me left to let go of that.

Her admitting that she'd experienced death, it wasn't exactly uncommon, but it also made shit worse. The fact that she knew a fraction of what I did but she wanted to fight? Even a fish knew that swimming into the glass repeatedly wasn't going to yield a different result. But it all made sense. The Dominion. Fuck if she only knew how much made sense now. She was a stubborn cunt, but a stubborn cunt with reason.

I'd still been standing still, face mostly relaxed except my eyes, where the tension in my brow was becoming too much for even me to bare. Yeah, I was confused. I was pissed off. This was awkward, even though her returning to her childish behavior did add some padding to my fall. But there was something else in there too. Appreciation? Gratefulness? I'd felt it before, a long fucking time ago, but it felt like something completely new. Probably because I was feeling it for her. I... I cleared my throat and broke eye contact, the problem was, I couldn't seem to find enough courage to make it again. If that doesn’t show you the power you have then I don’t know what will. What the fuck did that mean? I mean she'd made it pretty fucking clear about how she felt about her wolf, but did she really think that made us powerful?

My mouth finally closed, and I released the tension in my shoulders, and above my eyes, exhaling out my nose. Okay. I said calmly. No rage, no attitude, no passive aggressive tone. I hear you. I nodded. Even if I didn't understand what triggered it, where it came from, or why it even happened. But you need to hear me. And... Put your hand down for fucks sake. I crossed my arms. I'm not giving up. If I was, I'd be in Maui right now, drinking jack on the rocks, under one of those blue and white shade umbrellas and my feet buried in the sand. And maybe, and that's a really big fucking maybe, maybe I'm not the only one that's blind to certain shit. Not saying that means I think this is some fucking gift from Jesus, I'm just... I don't fucking know, informing you. It wasn't an apology, but was as close to one as I could allow.

First, we're not speaking of this... Whatever this was, ever again. Second, don't, don't hurt for me. Just don't. I shook my head in disapproval. Fuck, enough wolves have already. I don't need a lone on my conscience too. And lastly, you guys really ate other people and wolves? I thought that shit was just a rumor. My lip curled up in disgust as I took a step back. Fucking gross. Really... Fucking sick man. I could see why she left. You pull that shit in my territory I'll fuckin' rip your heart out. I added before turning back around and keeping my feet moving, wishing so fucking hard I could put enough distance between us this shit wouldn't be awkward anymore.

Back to top Go down

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:55 am

As he walked away I felt. Pretty fucking boss I had to say. My lips lifted in a curl. I had no idea where that had come from but it had felt good once it had left my system. I could have done a little dance and a twirl right there because, well, because it felt like for the first time I’d done what the ancestors wanted me to. I broke fucking bread, yes I did. Sona didn’t even have to harp on in my head to remind me to dial back the sass. There was a definite air of danger of course. I’d already eaten a wolf in his territory, only recently too. Four wolves knew of that hiccup and I was going to make damn sure that not a single one of them said a word. I couldn’t trust that he would understand that I was out of my mind, working on instinct, because who the fuck would want to keep a wolf around whose inner workings involved a taste for the flesh of kin. Fuck now I was considering sticking around? This place was fucking with my head. I actually needed to get out of here.

Following Onyx once more I couldn’t help but return to normal. Protect the Alpha was being taken as, Protect Onyx’s obvious uncomfortableness with what had transpired. I was strangely fine with it all. As fucked as it was. “Pretty hard to fight without getting hurt, is that how you pussies do it here?” Sniggering I almost slipped on a patch of loose ground, scraping my hand when I had to break my fall on a nearby rock. “Not to mention, I’m here of my own accord, you can’t actually tell me what to do, as you mentioned earlier, you’re not my Pack Master.” I was following orders from two different sources already, I couldn’t handle the fuckery of a third.

“All the stories were true, who the fuck did you think started them? The people we ate?” I wanted to laugh but it wasn’t actually all that funny. Spreading fear was easy when the tales being spread were true. It was even easier when the people who wanted to be feared were the ones sharing the bullshit with others. I suspected their might have been some embellishments, but at the core everything would be fact. “Hence why I never mention my pack, we are one of the most hated in the country. Hard enough to get wolves to talk to me without that hanging over my head.” Sighing I licked the scratch on my hand. “Are we there yet?” I mock whined. “We aren’t just spiraling in circles right?”

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:19 am

The pussies here don't fight. I grumbled, the honesty of it ringing loud in regret in my head. It wasn't some closely guarded secret. My pack didn't fight. A stark contrast to hers which apparently enjoyed a good wolf barbecue, in which wolf was also on the menu. It was obvious they didn't get that shit at their local Walmart either. I wanted to be pissed about it, but compared to the shithole abyss we were facing against Lilith and The Supremacy... Cannibalism just didn't weigh up.

Listening to her trek through our path was like listening to a toddler trying to walk in snow for the first time. Just, a fucking mess. Is that our common ground then? Our lack of obligation to one another? Fuck I could have laughed, if I wasn't so intent on making sure she didn't take any niceties as a result of her sudden buddy-buddy therapy session. Funny, considering being neutral towards her, hell even being an asshole was never an intention before now. I had no fucking idea what I was hoping to prove. What about territory, and the fact that you're still alive and in mine? I'd think that'd warrant I don't know... Ten percent more obedience on your part. And fuck, even that's generous. Considering I was under the impression her pack would try to turn me into rump roast for even pissing on one of their trees, I found it hard to not expect some kind of balance in return.

I've heard of stranger. I admitted. Rumors spreading through the spiritual network didn't exactly weigh up either. Not after the shit I'd seen and experienced. I don't find the... Wolf eating as eerie as your nonchalant fucking attitude towards it. As much as I want to make sure your brain is still dialed to normal, which for you is a really fucking loose definition of the word, I'll refrain from telling you how fucked I find the whole thing. Well fuck, I guess I just had. I mean fucking hell, for someone who loved herself and her wolf so much, she sure did counter that shit with fucked eating habits.

Well, can't choose your family. And yeah, it's right up there... I gestured towards the cave entrance. I hope you know what you're fucking doing here because I don't. Just my luck, we go through the horror that was this entire fucking hike only to find out neither of us knew how to get the fucking thing to work.

Back to top Go down

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:46 am

Even though I knew it to be true, after watching a few half arsed training sessions back in the day from the treeline, it was sickening to hear it spoken aloud. “Well that’s going to have to fucking change. Fuck. Talk about squander your gift. No wonder you aren’t delirious about being a wolf. Fucking idiots have been doing it all wrong.” Laughing under my breath I shook my head in disbelief. What did they even do all day? Drink? Sleep? Go to their boring mundane human jobs? Fuck I’d kill myself. I’d take the life of a Lone over that snorefest any day.

“Obedience? No, I’m not a poodle fuckface. You’re getting as much respect as I can muster from deep in my loins. Random fuckery aside. Because you think death follows you? Shit spend a day in my world sugar.” There was absolutely no way I was going to take orders from him. Pack Master or no the Pacific Pack had never given me the impression they knew what the fuck they were doing. After actually stating they weren’t fighters, it was even less likely. “Warlord here, not the dog to collect your slippers.” I was a general and given my current company in this town I was probably going to look like a fucking God. If I ever even got the chance to fucking show it. Which knowing my luck was never going to happen.

“My brain is fine.” My friendly mood soured a little. I was still touchy about thoughts of brain damage caused by my ability. The Fanger blood probably wasn’t doing me any favors either. “So please bitch away.” Rolling my eyes I couldn’t help the grin that brightened my face when he mentioned it was right up ahead. Barging past Onyx I almost ran down into the cave, feeling a stillness that was not normal. Like a heavy static energy that just hung in the air.

“I’ll wing it.” Bad move. I’d just. Fuck. Of course I had some idea of what the hell I was doing, it’s just, I’d never done it without Sona before. “Ummm, yeah I totally know what I’m doing….we just need to clear the area.” The water itself in the bowl was crystal clear and pristine. A skylight fed moonlight in. “This is fucking gorgeous.” It was…but….I shot a nervous sideways glance at Onyx seeing a large crack up the side of the rock. That wasn’t right. Really not right. Loose stones, dust, other debris needed to be cleared before we began. Not that I was super keen on it now, looking at the damage.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:07 am

I had random little impulses whenever she'd say something. It was just the way she fucking worded shit. It was almost something I could get on board with. It was almost something I could feel myself willing to say something in response to without coating my voice in the bitter aftertaste of hatred. But there was always something that pissed me off. Maybe it was just the sound of her voice. Maybe the actual tone of her voice pissed me off? Was that even a fucking thing that existed? And how are we gonna accomplish that, exactly? You have a magic wand in that bag o' tricks? I'd admit, I had no fucking clue what I was doing when Odin died. But I had tried to force training. It didn't fucking work. And the more time passed, the less motivated I became at the whole idea. For my pack, and for myself.

So tell me again, what am I getting for this little fucking hike in the woods exactly? A random bi polar pep talk? As much as I hated her blatant disrespect for me, and my pack, and as uncomfortable as that whole Luxx outburst was, I did appreciate it. Which was fucked, honestly. She was so much easier to hate than she was to like. Caring was a bad color on her, and for some fucked reason, made me feel no better than dog shit stuck to the bottom of someones shoe when she showed anything that came remotely close to kindness. Fuck maybe that was my own problem though, not a flaw in her. The fact that kindness made me feel shit seemed more like a Vincent problem. One I didn't care to fix either.

It's really fucked that you equate fetching someones slippers to respect. Has anyone ever told you that? It was, but considering for me, showing respect to another wolf was as simple as using their true name, I hardly considered myself an expert on the fucking topic.

I stumbled to the side when she burst past me like her fucking ass was on fire. And I picked up pace to catch up the second I regained control over my balance. Brilliant plan. I replied sarcastically. Any mystical fucking unknown confidence I had in this little experience had just disappeared. I probably should have left, and I might have had I not been so fucking flabbergasted that we'd actually found it. It looked nothing like I'd pictured, a mental image that wasn't much different than a cereal bowl. No, this was different. And as I began clearing away what I could to bring the thing into full view, I couldn't help but feel like I'd seen something like this in a movie... Of all the things I'd seen, it was dumb as shit that this was climbing it's way to it's number one spot on my ''most bizarre'' list.

Her reaction, that word, gorgeous. It's just a cleverly shaped rock? I couldn't understand, or wouldn't, or both. So what... I continued clearing away what I could, We give our faces a splash and magically enter Valhalla?

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics