setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] A Hunger So Wild - Page 3

[Private] A Hunger So Wild

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] A Hunger So Wild

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:11 am

Dodging. I bounced around an outcrop of rocks almost skidding to my potential death into a massive black pit. The sun was beginning to dip below the horizon drenching the sky in a beautiful array of reds and purples. Was a shame I didn’t have time to watch it properly. Sunsets were one of my favourite things. Bring on the night! All the stars, the moon. See even I could redirect my own attention away from Ouray. Not saying shit to Onyx would make that go away too, I was sure of it. Letting out a short yelp as I almost tipped arse over face again I shot another round of harsh words at the Alpha.

“You fucking should care about fairness, you’re a damn Pack Master. What do you do? Play fucking favorites?” Everybody had a number and he just switched them around depending on whether or not they filled a list of requirements. Didn’t know if I should feel blessed or pissed off that I wouldn’t even be given a damn slot at all. At least he had ranked my wolf highly enough that he’d taken the spot of Warlord. At this stage I didn’t know if he deserved it but if it had happened for some reason the ancestors had sanctioned it. Plus, he had me running through his veins. That was good enough to make Pack Master as far as I was concerned.

“Fuck you” I snarled at him being really fucking insulted by his comment. What a total fucktwat. Kicked out? “Are you fucking kidding me? My Pack Master was in love with me! He would have made me his fucking first if it killed him.” Fuming I kicked a rock at the back of Onyx shoe with a hefty boot. “Plus I was the best warlord he had, if it wasn’t for all this sexist pack bullshit then I would have made head.” I still couldn’t get past it. It was present everywhere and deep down I knew there was some truth to way men were lifted above females. Laws of nature. “Cough up Onyx, I told you my story, let’s hear yours.”

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:36 am

Maybe it was for the best, her obvious silence. I was dead fucking tired, and here with my present company was the last place I wanted to be. Ouray was a hot stove, if I kept touching, I was gonna get burned. I didn't have the energy for a battle with Luxx over who could insult the hardest. Just another thing I'd have to store in my mind to bring up later. Maybe I just don't fucking care about playing fair with you. I admitted, quite fucking confidently. And why the fuck are you so concerned about what kind of pack master I am? I'm not yours, so fuck off. I added, this time with less confidence and more irritation. Her mind reading abilities weren't perfect, but it was close enough to test my patience. I couldn't even begin to explain how fucking tired I was of hearing what a pile of shit I was in every colorful way one could manage. And yeah, I do. Wanna guess what your ranking is? I looked at her, for a second longer than I wanted, then kept on my path.

I could feel a ball of laughter in my throat, and I tried so hard not to fucking laugh. I really did, but she just kept saying off the wall shit. That sounds... A very brief laugh escaped, but I swallowed the rest of it back. I could feel it, sitting there in my stomach, tense and tempting all at once. Precious. She had a soul only the devil could love. So that either made her alpha satan himself, or her a fucking liar. One of those options had been proven, but I wasn't entirely ready to discard the other. So not only were you his one true mate in all of your lovable qualities, but you were his best warlord too. I looked at her again, Can you walk on water too? Dead serious was the only way to explain my question. At least you're modest.

I took another step, pausing at the crevice in the rocks. I was bit. I opened my mouth, as if I was going to begin an epic fucking story. I turned. I said quickly before turning to start down our next path. It was a short walk from here to the caves. I hadn't actually visited them since... Fuck I couldn't remember. It'd been a long fucking time. There's really nothing else to it, Luxx. I finally spoke up. It wasn't some fucking intense ass story. It had nothing to do with love or my unsurpassed warlording abilities. I was bit, went home, thought I was dying, and then I turned. That's it. Except the part where I played a role in some demented ass vampire prophecy, but I couldn't exactly share that now could I? But interesting, you're a lone that wasn't punished into being one. I don't exactly buy it, but I appreciate you sharing. I said sarcastically as I pulled the cigarette from behind my ear and began twirling it in between my fingers.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:58 am

See?! I hated Pack Wolves. They would never understand the clarity I had not being one of them. I missed it more than anything. I would give my right arm to be part of a family but the more I listened to them speak so…closed…about their packs like they were the only thing that mattered…I HATED it. “Call me bitter that someone like you is given the opportunity to do great things and then someone like me does not.” I growled deep in my throat knowing exactly where I stood with him. I wasn’t even factored in, not at all. It was fucked given he was apparently meant to be the centre of my fucking universe right now. Fucking hell. The ancestors, they were pricks, really they were. Teaching me some humility by being kind when I knew I wouldn’t receive kindness back. “I feel no passion from you and its fucking sad…bet you can’t even guess what pack I’m from even though it should be fucking obvious.” I thought it was anyway for someone who should know everything there was to know about the packs of America.

“I’ll be walking on water tonight asshole, so yeah I can.” Poking my tongue out at him like a fucking child I also followed it up with the finger. I was sick of this game of putting down the Lone Wolf. Fuck would I wouldn’t give to really show him. “Just because you don’t see others worth outside your fucking pack doesn’t mean there isn’t any.” Once again I had a feeling of deju vu as we passed a crevice. If the last dying light of the sun wasn’t still illuminating this area, it could be dangerous for anyone not knowing what they were doing. I was starting to pay attention now. I had a sinking feeling there was going to be….well, I wouldn’t call it a trap, but some interesting terrain in our future.

“And that is what I’m talking about, no passion, you didn’t just get bitten, you were given a gift.” Fuck he was a Debbie downer if I’d even seen one. The fucking definition. I couldn’t understand why he wasn’t more….joyful, excited…anything, about his own turning. “I got the best Christmas present a human could have ever asked for.” He was never going to believe me about not being kicked out and it pissed me off no end. He was intent on seeing only the bad. Well fuck it then. I’d give him what he wanted. “And how did you become a lone for all of five seconds Onyx? Oh yeah that’s right, your pack abandoned you…mine came looking for me…I didn’t have to give them money, favors or play nice…they wanted me.”

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:45 am

An opportunity? She was blind, deaf, and fucking dumb. An opportunity to what? An opportunity to be weighed down so heavy with obligation my face was in the dirt? An opportunity to lead a pack of wolves that would never respect or follow me because of their spiteful loyalty to their previous alpha? An opportunity, to witness nothing but endless death and destruction, burdened by the truth that their hatred for me is not misplaced, because at the core of every fucking death, I was the cause? How in any way was that an opportunity? It was a burden, a fucking curse, and the cherry on top, my immortality. I couldn't even be free of it in fucking death. This was hell, where I was forced to feel eternally guilty, because I knew, I knew my freedom would be their freedom, but it was unachievable. An endless fucking roundabout with a big red boxing glove, punching me right in the fucking face every time I made a three-sixty.

Someone like me. What the fuck do you know about me? Some unpleasant conversation where you get your panties in a twist because I don't worship at your fucking altar? You don't know shit. You're nothing but an empty, dirty, glass full of assumptions with lipstick on the rim. Intentions are everything, and just because mine are wrapped in thorned ribbon doesn't mean what's inside means any less. And no, I don't know what fucking pack you're from, but of course, instead of telling me you find a way to insult my leading abilities and call me oblivious. Someone like me. Because you're so different. We're both two fucking assholes Luxx, the only difference is your coat comes in white, and mine comes in black.

I looked at her, she was a fucking alien. What did I need to do? Strap a leash around my neck and follow her around doing tricks for treats? I really didn't understand what more I could fucking do. I wasn't gonna dance for her because she couldn't see in all of her shit treatment, there had to have been some level of fucking acceptance otherwise she wouldn't be here, with me, in this moment. No, actually, I fucking don't. I don't even see worth in my own pack. A half lie. Because anyone worth anything to me fucking dies around here! Your eyes work Luxx! Open them, look a-fucking-round. FUCK her. Fuck her for pissing me off when my head was already fucking pulsing pain. Fuck her for making me say shit I didn't want to say. Fuck her for trying to get to know me. And fuck her for making me lose my temper when I'd been trying to avoid doing just that.

I was going to salvage the situation. I meant it when I'd said I didn't want this to be a battle. I really fucking didn't want it to be such a hassle. All I needed was a minute to cool down. And of course, the opportunity was pushed further down our timeline when she said one little word. Everything that followed that little world only gave it more undeserved power. Gift. I stopped, hands shaking with anger as I turned to her with wide manic eyes. It's not a fucking gift Luxx. It's not a present at Christmas. It's not a blessing, it's not anything good. For you, fine, maybe it's the best fucking gift you've ever received. But I'm not you. And you have no idea what a fucking curse it can be, what a curse it is. You can call me a shitty alpha, rub my nose in the fact that everyone fucking left me while everyone searched for you. You can even fucking scream at me about how little I know of what it's like to be a lone. Maybe you know more about this shit than I do. What the fuck do I know? But don't fucking tell me this is a gift, because you don't know shit either.

I'd clearly said something to set her off, but I was so wrapped up in what she'd said to set me off I didn't even have the time to figure out what that thing was. And as I turned to keep walking, this time faster than before, I couldn't help but wonder if this was how every fucking interaction with her was going to be? Me, apparently not understanding her, and her not understanding me. It was never going to end... Ever.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:14 am

I stood there. Taking the rage filled tirade and I should have been angry, fuming because he was treating our condition like a curse. Nothing should have caused more fury than this. We were two sides to the same coin. I could see it now. Maybe being close to this place of spiritual bonding, where the ancestors came to speak…was opening my eyes. I listened for the scrying bowl but could still here nothing but I was sure in my bones it was close. As he began trying to walk away my hand leapt out of its own accord and grabbed his wrist. As angry as he was, I could see the pain and as much as I wanted to tackle that in the way I’d always done, with malice, this place….I could feel something switch. I wanted so much to make Sona proud, to have the ancestors look down on me at that scrying bowl and feel…glad. For once I was really going to TRY to be kind. For once I felt like doing it.

“Don’t.” I pulled hard on his arm. “Don’t give up on us because it’s hard Onyx, it’s not meant to be easy. You and I, we might be assholes but the difference between you and me is that I love you, I love me, I love Olympia, I love Ouray, I’m here because of that….thats what I’m trying to tell you. Open your eyes” It wasn’t entirely true but it also was. That’s why I found Duty and Love to be things that were the same, but not. I couldn’t tear them apart, even the Priest had told me that. It was the reason I knew I would be a better Pack Master than he was. I wanted to bring wolves together. All wolves.

I swallowed hard because every word felt foreign on my tongue. The genuine taste of the words, sound of my voice. Even, soft without even being patronizing. It was the voice of my own Spiritual Leader. “I watched my pack die so I’ve seen my fair share of death, I saw it with my own eyes, watched them fall…but you have to grow stronger, fight harder next time. You're better than that” I was telling myself this now too, not just him, because I was so close to just giving up. I’d gone to a fucking Church for crying out loud for a fucking confession. I was clearly bonkers.

“It is a gift, and maybe one day you’ll see it that way. It really hurts to think you can’t right now.” I let go of his arm feeling silly all of a second before standing to attention like a soldier. Giving him a salute I slapped on a cocky smirk. “Warlord Luxx reporting for duty Sir, I’m from the Wisconsin based pack The Dominion. We’re a pack of cunts who eat other wolves, humans too and enjoy it. Fangers don’t exist in our territory because we are so battle hungry that we drove them all away. We’re elitist war mongers who attack other packs for fun. I hated my pack so I changed my path….you can do the same fucking thing. I said I would protect you and I swear I’m really not lying, if that doesn’t show you the power you have then I don’t know what will”

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics