setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] 'Till I Collapse - Page 8

[Private] 'Till I Collapse

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] 'Till I Collapse

Daphne Collins | Witch; Necromancer

Posted on Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:08 pm

I hesitated to accept Kai’s offer of a ride. I didn’t think he was capable of doing anything to me in his current state, but I couldn’t account for the driver. If he turned out to be another warlock, I wasn’t sure that I could trust him. I’d been double-crossed enough times to know that our shared experience in the forest wouldn’t necessarily mean anything, especially since Kai now knew that I was a necromancer. We weren’t the most trusted of those who wielded magic.

His next statement revealed to me that his friends were unaware of the supernatural. This combined with the fact that he was injured and my car was just a short distance away prompted me to change my mind about the offer, Okay. My car’s just down the way a bit. I parked on the line.

I was surprised by his car when his ride came into view. I didn’t know anything about cars, but this one looked old-school. It was too classy to fit in with the persona I’d assigned him, unfortunately. The surfer thing was disappearing fast. He still gave off that trust-fund baby vibe, but now he was a trust fund baby with taste. Honestly, I wasn’t really sure what to make of him. I’d never met a warlock like him. He didn’t seem evil, but nobody did. What really threw me off was that he was so nice and friendly. A warlock could be considered “good” and still be extremely closed-off and untrusting, but not Kai. I couldn’t tell if it was  an act to try and trick me or if he just broke the mold.

I looked at Kai curiously, No, I don’t know him. Why? I thought back to the others I’d met, He’s a necro? I met a medium once who thought that he could become a necro, I don’t think he was though. I shrugged, remembering how I’d told Joel that he was stupid for trying to mess with the forces of life and death. I’d been right on some counts - he had wanted to mess with the balance that exists between life and death. However, I didn’t see anything inherently wrong with necromancy. I was willing to do what was necessary to keep the balance and achieve my own ends. If that meant having to animate a few corpses, that’s what I would do. In the end it was probably better that way anyway.

Back to top Go down

Malakai Greenmantle III | Warlock; Elementalist

Posted on Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:00 pm

Were we potentially talking about the same person? Shane had said he had learned all he knew from a spirit. In order to even speak to them at all he would have had an innate ability to communicate with the dead. While the creation of Witches and Warlocks was theoretically possible it took more than just chatting with a dead person to unlock it. The more I thought about it, the more it didn’t seem like a coincidence. “Shane Mathis, a customer of mine.” Since they seemed to only possibly know one another in passing I didn’t think it was dangerous to mention his name. A coven of necromancers was the last thing I wanted to consider but one self-taught beginner and a surprisingly powerful anti-social witch wasn’t going to tip the scales. “I just thought it was odd that the only two magick users I’d met in Index are both Necromancers.” Bad luck in its purest form. Learning more about the town itself might help with uncovering whether it was just a sobering coincidence or whether Index was a hotspot for true paranormal activity.

As we approached the car it was more obvious that the two front seats were occupied. Music softly thumped from inside, the song revealed as the passenger window was rolled down. “Kai, what the hell man?” Will looked me up and down and shook his head. They had seen me in many states, some of which required mysterious but satisfying explanations. “Put out a forest fire, you know me.” He saluted me and then turned his attention on Daphne. “This is a change of pace old man, last time we caught you with a chick you were driving away from us.” He nudged Dom who was trying to roll a cigarette without getting tobacco on my dash. He leaned over, tongue just touching the rolling paper. His eyebrows bouncing up his face as soon as he saw my companion. “Hey pale and beautiful, care for a foursome?” Will waggled his own eyebrows joking with her, when his face dissolved into terrified worry. “You’re legal right?...she’s legal yeah?” “Daphne is older than she looks, but keep it in your pants Lothario. We’re just dropping her off at her car.” Opening the door for Daphne I shuffled around the back of my vehicle, half leaning on it, half checking for any damage. Dom was a decent driver, as good as I would claim to be. That didn’t mean horsepower didn’t fuel an insatiable desire to drive faster than the speed limit. The winding back roads had some potholes and overgrown greenery that could prove to be an accident in the making.

Sliding into the vehicle I realized that it was going to be impossible to have a semi-private conversation with Daphne. Will turned down the music and twisted around so he could grin at us. “You and I bud need to cruise to the Grocery Store or something, you have this knack for finding girls in this town.” I flashed him a tired grin and wiped a sheen of sweat from my forehead. The only thing that appealed about that suggestion right now was the fact Supermarkets had large frozen food sections. Laying on top of stack of ice cream sounded like utter heaven. “Housewarming is gonna have to be postponed, Geneva called and said to tell you that you’re to fly over for Christmas….some shit about falafel.” A snort of laughter shot out of my mouth and a winced as it aggravated the burns. At least if they were intending on spending the holidays in Egypt it was possible I was going to avoid the yearly traditional attempts to set me up with a potential bride. “Farafra, its in Egypt.” Will shrugged and turned around to put on his seatbelt as Dom started the car. “My parents are investigating the natural wells in the desert, in particular the Ain Bishay which is a legitimate Oasis.” Explaining to Daphne I fastened my own seatbelt and shifted around until I had found a decently comfortable position. Closing my eyes I tried to calm my tense muscles and took a number of very deep breaths. “Think your parentals are trying to set you up with the Egyptian Princess this time Kai?” Dom sniggered and I grimaced running both hands through my hair. “It’s about time you just started taking someone with you….hey Daphne, you single babe? Kai here needs help, his folks are trying to spring an arranged marriage on him.”

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:54 am

I frowned, thinking. Just because Joel'd wanted to become a necromancer didn't mean that he was actually able to. Of course, when I'd met him I hadn't been aware of my power so I didn't know how to use it to better judge the power of others. Still, I'd done my research and I'd never been under the suspicion that he went by the name Shane Mathis. It seemed more likely to me that there was another person who was more than just a medium around Index. Someone more like myself. Hell, once I ran into a warlock powerful enough to resemble a fae. Index had enough supernatural activity to justify the number of mediums and warlocks that I'd run into in my time here. No, his name was Joel or something like that. I said in response to Kai.

I wasn't much of a believer in coincidences. We'd already discovered that something was afoot in Index. As a necromancer, a run in with death magic didn't come as a shock to me, but based on how Kai had reacted to finding out what I was, I wasn't surprised that he was unsettled by the presence of so many necromancers in Index. I was unsettled too, but for different reasons, mainly the sense that I had that something was off in the balance of things. What I'd sensed at that tree was neither natural nor right. It needed to be fixed, I agree that there's certainly something wrong here. What was your impression of this Mathis? I wasn't particularly trusting of other necros. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them was wrapped up in what we'd just witnessed.

I raised my eyebrows at Kai's companions. I'd say yes but I'm not sure you can handle it, I responded cockily to his proposition. I slid into the seat just in time to hear one of his friends suggest they go to the grocery store to find women. All I could think was that these rich boys must've been desperate if they thought the grocery store was their best bet to find a good lay.

I wasn't exactly surprised at Kai's explanation of his family's whereabouts. From what I knew of the Greenmantles and what I'd gleaned from talking to Kai, they were a scholarly bunch. His explanation seemed normal enough, but I wouldn't have been surprised if there was some sort of supernatural reason why they were doing it as well.

I chuckled at his friend's suggestion, just the thought of meeting Kai's family as some sort of date amused me. His friends were ignorant of the prejudices that no doubt existed against me. Just the thought of the golden boy I'd imagined Kai to be bringing a necro to meet his family of elementalists brought me to the verge of laughing out loud. Tempting, I said with a laugh as a way to say no without raising any more questions about why exactly that was such a bad idea. It's not like I would've agreed even if the circumstances weren't what they were. I felt no inclination to be some sort of beard for Kai.

Back to top Go down

Malakai Greenmantle III | Warlock; Elementalist

Posted on Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:56 pm

Index had Necromancers everywhere apparently. Cockroaches infecting the infrastructure of what felt like a very energy heavy destination. A flicker of guilt rose in my throat as I looked at Daphne. Comparing her to an insect most people immediately got the bug spray out for was a crappy thought, given she had just saved my life. Couldn’t help it. Soon as I lingered on the fact she hailed from that dark and manipulative Magick, memories of the past came bubbling to the surface. Perhaps it was better not to think about it at all. I had a debt to repay to her and that was going to be a lot easier to stomach if I didn’t think about where her power came from. Should force myself to do some actual research on Necromancers. To find out exactly how she could have pulled me back from certain death. Never thought it was even possible for them to actually be able to help someone. 

“Trying to be impartial when meeting a Necromancer isn’t a skill of mine.” I almost mumbled. “So right now I’d say my impression is not one to be taken seriously.” I was definitely on the fence about that. From what Shane had told me it sounded as if he was just trying to help a woman who didn’t know what she had gotten herself into. A woman he loved. Then again I’d been told some pretty believable beautiful tales before of how….urgh, couldn’t even say her name, it just made me sick. Whatever. I didn’t want to dwell on it any longer. It was all making the burns in my leg and chest that much worse.

I sniggered at Daphne’s response to Will’s suggestion. Without even looking at the boys I knew they were sharing a cautiously hopeful look. Wait. That actually wasn’t a good sign. “Nah, you don’t wanna deal with all that noise. If you don’t have plans you can spend Christmas with us.” Dom winked at me via the rear vision mirror. They probably thought this was just another game of ‘girlfriend stealing’. Soon as one of us showed an interest, no matter how remote, or taken out of context, the others would try to….test her resolve. There were no words available to me that would convince them that scamming on Daphne was a bad idea. Not only would it insult her which I had no intentions of doing right now, but they would just try harder. I only had one option and one option only. Make it look like I was far more intrigued than either of them. No way was I going to let either of my best friends get involved with a Necromancer.

“That’s not a bad idea.” I mused though also realizing that Daphne probably more than likely did not want to be seen as a walking, talking barrier between me and whatever potential bride they had in mind. “I could use the company I mean.” Wincing in pain I leaned towards Daphne flicking a glance at Will whose eyebrows had risen so high they could have blended with his hairline. “Free trip to Egypt, yeah you have to meet my family but they aren’t as bad as these two are making them out to be.” In reality, they were probably right on the mark. They wouldn’t be too impressed with me bringing along a Necromancer either but they wouldn’t have it in them to be directly rude about her presence…well…maybe Geneva would be. Then again she would probably be an insufferable bitch to any girl I brought along, Necromancer or not. She just loved trying to get me annoyed. Sibling rivalry and all that.

“I’m guessing this is it? Unless peeps in this town routinely park out in the middle of nowhere.” Dom slowed the car as we came up alongside another vehicle and I jumped at the chance to get out of mine. Was becoming claustrophobic in there with all the talk of arranged marriages. Pushing myself to walk around and open Daphne’s door I leaned against the Jag’s metal frame feeling some relief from the cooler air from outside. “Sorry about those two, girls make them crazy..or should I say, crazier.”

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:10 pm

I appreciate your honesty, I sincerely said to Kai. He didn’t pretend that he wasn’t conflicted about what I was. I could sense it, and I wasn’t bothered by it. Mediums and necromancers had a bad reputation for a reason. We dealt in death. Some used that power to manipulate others or to scare them. That kind of behavior bred hatred, and it had been going on for thousands of years.

The contrast between the conversation that Kai and I had been having and the one that his friends had started was so stark that it felt like I’d gotten into a different world when I climbed into that car. Even the music was so pop-y and yet my own shouts still rang in my ears. I was beginning to understand why Kai was the way that he was. I wasn’t shy, but by the nature of my life I’d never really made good friends like Kai had with his buddies.

I couldn’t tell if Kai and his friends were being serious or not. While Egypt had its own exotic appeal, I didn’t think spending my time there with Kai’s family would be worth whatever natural beauty it had to offer. My own family had its own problems, but the idea of an arranged marriage was so foreign to me that I couldn’t imagine that they were being serious. I’ll think about it, I said by way of response to the whole conversation.

Yeah, that’s me. Thanks for the ride, I said, with a wave to Kai’s friends as I got out of the vehicle. It was an… interesting distraction from, y’know, what just happened, I said and waved it off, anyway, I imagine we’ll be in touch. I walked to my own car and opened the door.

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics