setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] 'Till I Collapse - Page 5

[Private] 'Till I Collapse

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] 'Till I Collapse

Narrative |

Posted on Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:47 pm

It tried to eliminate the Tall One. A compulsion that said to take serious action. Something stopped it from being able to sever the Tall One from its earthly body. Looking down, it’s dark form twitching, its neck contorting at an abnormal angle, it noticed the White One.

Two. It needed another.

It’s shadow based body stretched out along the ground. A snaking tendril that developed from its feet. Expanding out. Searching. As the black hit the tree, another was called. It began as a pool of jet, spilling out from the ground which then rose, grew a torso, arms, legs and finally a head. When fully formed the other began moving quickly towards the White One.

Two for Two.

Back to top Go down

Daphne Collins | Witch; Necromancer

Posted on Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:04 pm

I saw red as I poured my strength into the struggle for Kai's soul. The thing, whatever it was, was powerful - powerful enough for this to be a great test of my strength, but so far I'd prevailed against it. I squeezed Kai's hand tight, it felt colder than it should, but he was still alive. The thought that I should abandon him and save myself and save myself flashed through my mind briefly, but I felt that had the situation been reversed he would have saved me. I couldn't help but feel some sort of odd affection for the trust fund baby surfer elementalist who had tried to protect me because he didn't know who I really was and thought that he even could. Now it was up to me to protect him. C'mon Kai, give me something here! I said desperately, my voice strained.

I felt the thing's power lessen and thought that maybe I'd won, but I saw it stretch and grow along the ground and suddenly there were two of those inky dark shadows cutting through the light. I might've been able to take the one, but there was now way I could overpower two, not while I tried to save Kai as well. I felt a stab of fear and I desperately tried to pull Kai's mass towards the edge of the circle and away from those horrible creatures.

The first one moved towards me and I screamed involuntarily. A desperate but hopeless need to get away stabbed at me and I scrambled to get Kai to the line while also digging deeper into my magic to muster up the strength to protect both him and myself. I felt wetness on my cheeks, and I realized that I must've been crying. Kai, Kai, please. I can't save both of us, I said to him, as the cold fingers of the second figure brushed against my arm.

I reached up to wipe away my tears but saw blood on my hand, which only made the blood or tears or whatever it was flow faster from the fear.

Back to top Go down

Malakai Greenmantle III | Warlock; Elementalist

Posted on Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:16 pm

Movement seemed to reinitiate my body. My eyes were open but I hadn’t been seeing through them, not enough energy pushing its way through to charge the retina. I couldn’t see this thing anyway. To me it looked as if Daphne was leaning away from thin air and I was being accosted by a figment of my imagination. It was her scream, her tears, the look on her face that launched me into action. Not knowing what it was I was defending us from, or even knowing where they stood I had little options at my disposal. An area of effect spell could hurt them, but also us in the process. Right now, I had nothing else. Daphne. I’d gotten her into this. Dragged her along for the ride. I’d stepped into this godforsaken circle and brought hell down on our heads. What a great impression I’d made.

A surge of energy that must have come from Daphne resulted in the fingers around my throat falling away. It was more than enough of an opportunity for me to force myself out of the cold slumber I’d been drifting off into. Shaking free of Daphne’s hand reluctantly I flicked on the lighter and waved my hand over it. The flame singed and burnt the skin of my palm and I grit my teeth through the pain. “Run Daphne, please, run.” This spell could possibly drain me and I would find myself defenceless. Heart of Stone would protect me through the worst of it but I had to open a gap to allow the flames to first touch my body before the spell could be cast. Fire was only my secondary element. My Magick wasn’t attuned fully to it. So in many cases, I had to injure myself in order to make it obey me. Blood for Flames.

Casting Burning Sphere I conjured a fireball that grew from the flame of the lighter. It was a stationary orb of fire that hung in the air and illuminated the area in light. Like a plasma globe it began to crackle and shoot out coils of flame. They shot at random, slicing through the air and hopefully hitting whatever it was that attacked us. Unfortunately they also flew at me. Shielding my face instinctively I readied myself for impacts.

Back to top Go down

Daphne Collins | Witch; Necromancer

Posted on Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:54 pm

I breathed a huge sigh of relief when Kai started to take action. Perhaps my protection spell was working, protecting him from the black figures that haunted us both. I hesitated at his command to run, after all, what could an Earth elementalist do with a lighter? But some had more than one specialty, and fire would be an excellent element against the darkness, since it was light and energy and all the things that could be used to combat darkness.

I ran out of the circle, feeling instant relief from its unsettling darkness the moment I had crossed its threshold. I took cover in the line of living trees, looking back to where Kai was standing. He had conjured some kind of fireball which was shooting out flames at random, it seemed, since a number didn't land anywhere near the black figures. A few of the bolts launched towards Kai, and I wondered if there was anything I could do to help him. With luck the soul tether spell had stayed true. I'd laid it on him pretty thick while I was still touching him, which meant it would be pretty powerful. It was only good for preventing death if there was some way to heal the body once it had "died" which would be impossible considering that I had no healing magic. The best I could hope was that my magic had weakened the two shadow figures and that Kai's spell would be enough to finish them off.

Sure enough, the figures were retreating to the strange tree. It's working! I shouted to Kai, since he had covered his face to protect it from any stray flames. I stepped closer to the circle again, careful to stay out of the radius of the sphere Kai had summoned. The figures continued to retreat, although I could've sworn one of them looked back at me in a way that suggested that whatever this was wasn't over. It wouldn't be over until we figured out what this tree was and how to get rid of it.

Kai, they're gone. Call off the spell and get out of there, I said to him, quieter this time since I was nearer and the sense of urgency I'd had earlier was gone.

Back to top Go down

Malakai Greenmantle III | Warlock; Elementalist

Posted on Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:04 pm

Jets of flame hit my Heart of Stone spell and dispelled. At least most of them did. Three found a way to break through. Given they were performed by the same caster it was a toss of the coin as to whether they cancelled each other out. One danced its way through my thigh, forcing me to shift my weight onto the other leg. The second just caught the side of my shoulder, glancing past. Finally the third, lanced right into my chest. I felt it. A searing pain that had me clenching my teeth so hard I thought they would shatter. My leg was painful enough but having a fire dart shoot through your heart was an experience I didn’t expect to ever have. Miraculously, I didn’t…die. Standing there stunned for a moment I had to be roused by Daphne’s words. Letting the spell fade my shoulders slumped in relief.

They? She knew what they were? Could see them? Elated from facing death and being spared, but also feeling a sadness now having to really admit that there was a good possibility that Daphne was a Necromancer, I hobbled as fast as I could grabbing Daphne’s hand on the way past. Regardless of the nature of her magic, I was glad she was here. I didn’t stop moving until we were a comfortable distance away from the circle, dragging Daphne the whole time. “Who is they? I couldn’t see a damn thing.” Flopping down onto the ground I sighed at the large singe hole in my shirt and pants. “This town has a habit of making me set fire to my own clothing.” Tenderly inspecting the wound in my leg and then the one in my chest I glanced at Daphne.

“Did you do this? Save my life?” I was nervous about the question. I’d felt nothing but dark magic’s when both her and the…thing…had been touching me. In the moment it had been easy for me to chalk it down to the invisible enemy being stronger than she was. Now I was wondering if that had just been my assumptions based on her apparent age and size. “Are you….are you a Necromancer?” Even saying the word aloud made me feel sick to my stomach.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics