setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] 'Till I Collapse - Page 4

[Private] 'Till I Collapse

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] 'Till I Collapse

Malakai Greenmantle III | Warlock; Elementalist

Posted on Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:47 am

My feet felt as if they had grown roots and burrowed into the earth. Witnessing a sight like this had a way of making me desire grounding. Earth Magicks didn’t only govern what was under our feet but what grew from it. I couldn’t birth a tree, nor coax a flower to bloom, but those energies felt kindred to me. Seeing such extinction really pulled on the heartstrings. Closing my eyes I felt like I should say something, as if this were a funeral. “I have no idea.” Sadly looking down at her I felt a surge of purpose. We were meant to be here, I just felt it in my bones. To stumble upon this was no coincidence. We had a duty to protect this town from whatever this was that devoured ley lines and desecrated the landscape.

“Brave enough to go investigate?” Part of me really didn’t want to step within that ring of death for fear of what I might find, what I might feel. Being scared of the unknown was not the issue. I had just never seen anything like this in all of my travels and it felt ominous. The forest was quiet, deathly still. Having been focusing on traversing the ridge while encumbered by Heart of Stone, I hadn’t taken much notice. “We can’t allow this to spread.” I said the words with conviction and without waiting to see if Daphne was going to follow I began walking down towards the edge of the lifeless earth.

Taking a deep breath and holding it, I stepped onto the disturbing crop circle. A skin crawling sensation of being watched instantly gave me goose bumps. Peering into the tree line I couldn’t imagine anyone else being out here. We had walked for quite a while, and at a decent pace. “I feel…..creepy.” Bending down I took a handful of earth in my hand while closely inspecting the corpse of a bird. Half its skeleton was exposed but no insects hung around it, there were no maggots. Just a thick viscous tar substance which sat in the cavity of the cadaver’s rib cage.

Back to top Go down

Daphne Collins | Witch; Necromancer

Posted on Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:20 pm

As a necromancer, I sometimes had a feeling of connection with death. I knew I could draw power from it, although I wasn't willing to actually kill anything for the effect. It was a little creepy, but somehow I could sometimes feel it draw me towards it. This, however, didn't feel remotely inviting. I had such a strong sense that it was wrong that I felt physically ill.

As we drew nearer to the ring that feeling grew, until the point that I had to stop to see if the feeling would pass. I rubbed my eyes, and when I opened them again Kai was standing at the edge of the circle. Kai, wait- I said, but it was too late. The circle scared me more than possibly anything I had ever experience. It emanated evil, and I didn't want to have anything to do with it. Kai was definitely much more brave and selfless than me to even enter such a disturbing circle.

I stepped up so that my toes were just outside the circle, and looked in at the corpse which Kai was inspecting. Pristine white ribs protruded from its body, suggesting that it had been decaying for some time. Yet, it wasn't actually rotting, that I could see, What is that? I said, even though I didn't think Kai knew any better than I.

I felt a prickly feeling in the back of my neck and I glanced up sharply. For a moment I thought I saw something dark in the tree line, but as soon as I tried to focus on it, it had disappeared. I was so on edge that I must've imagined it, but I instinctively stepped closer to Kai anyway, Did you see that? I murmured, eyes fixed on the place where I'd glimpsed it, whatever it was.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:27 am

If only Daphne’s voice had reached me before I had gone further. The air around me was energized in a way that made me very uncomfortable. As if it was forcing its way around my aura, trying locate an entrance point, a way to pierce into me. The cold earth in my fingers had no life left in it. Sand without a source of water. Grave dirt. Shuddering I let it trickle through my fingers as I stood up, trailing off in a breeze that I swore didn’t actually exist. This place was disturbing. “Wish I had some vials on me, not that I’m an alchemist by any definition of the word.” I would have to come back. Or we would. It depended on whether Daphne was actually going to search this place with me. “Then we might be able to find out.” My eyes had locked onto the tree in the centre. It had to be the focal point of whatever was causing this.

Looking down to Daphne, then following her gaze out towards the far side of the ring, I frowned. “See what? Is something actually here? Because I do feel like I’m being watched.” Swallowing hard I tried to lighten the atmosphere with a half-hearted joke. “Would be nice to know if you’re getting the same heebie jeebies so I don’t feel like the kid who’s worried about monsters under his bed….want to hold my hand?” I tried to chuckle, but it came out rather strangled, and I winced at the effect this place was having on my usual happy go lucky posture. The longer I stood on the dead earth, the more I was feeling…..down. Trying to distract myself I contemplated how old Daphne might be. Bringing up scary bedtimes stories about imaginary closet dwelling trolls might be something she could readily remember. Teenager maybe? There was no way in all hell I was going to outright ask. I wasn't suicidal. Though this circle was making me feel that way. Even running pointless commentary through my head wasn't helping.

I had no idea if Daphne had stepped fully into the circle yet, I actually didn’t want her to now that I was here. Wanted to push her out if it if she had. Taking in a deep breath, I let it slowly filter out of my nose, trying to balance out the nausea that was beginning to twist my stomach. Pulling out my phone I intended to take a photo of the tree, but I would need to get closer. Slowly shifting my feet I glanced back at Daphne, suddenly wishing she did take my hand. “You should probably stay here, I’m going to take a closer look, take a photo, maybe my coven have seen this before. Maybe someone in Index has.” 

As soon as I began making a clear move towards the tree….three, maybe four steps….something that felt eerily like very long fingers wrapped around my neck.

Back to top Go down

Daphne Collins | Witch; Necromancer

Posted on Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:21 pm

I didn't realize my mistake until a split second after I'd already made it. I glanced down at my feet, which were clearly located within the circle, and then up at Kai with a deep frown marring my features. I felt that I'd just done something irreversible. With no way to rectify my mistake, I decided to move forward. I crouched down next to Kai and the bird to get a better look at it.

It was a grotesque sight, one black eye staring at me, but not seeing anything. The shiny black substance was unlike anything I'd seen before. I reluctantly nudged the corpse with my finger, and the liquid ran quickly towards the ground. It wasn't viscous enough to be tar, and it definitely wasn't anything natural. I was sure that it wasn't some kind of rot byproduct.

I don't fear death. It is a natural thing. We are not allotted unlimited time on this Earth, and even the vampires who fancy themselves immortal flirt constantly with her. Some of us have more time than others, but we must eventually go to Hel.

There was nothing natural about this. Just as death was natural, so was life. The complete desecration of this cycle did not sit well with me. Necromancers understand the balance better than anyone, and I felt deeply that although I would like to leave this place and never look back, it was important that order be restored before the effects worsened.

I thought I saw something, but it must've been a shadow, I looked at Kai. I understood his need for levity, but I couldn't bring myself to play along. If something was indeed watching us, it didn't bode well for our safety since we were practically sitting ducks, aside from our protective spells.

I stared warily at the tree as Kai announced that he was going to investigate. I had no desire to get any closer to it, but I was also peeved by Kai's assumption that he was more powerful than me, or that he was better equipped to investigate the tree. I was relatively inexperienced, but he was an earth elementalist. My magic would be perhaps a better choice to use to investigate a source of death.

I turned to Kai to protest, but gasped instead, Kai! There was a dark hooded figure behind him. Its edges were faded, as if it weren't really there. I wasn't sure what to do, except try to use my power to get rid of the creature. I had started gathering it up to me before we'd reached this place, but I hadn't been prepared to deal with some kind of shadow creature. I didn't have any spells that I thought would work on it though. I could hardly imagine that such a creature of darkness would be at all affected by my death curse. Instead I reached out to Kai's grabbing his hand and transferring the soul tethering spell to him to stop the creature from killing him.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:37 pm

Dread like nothing I had experienced sullied any positive warmth I had left inside of me. A cold seeped in from the fingers around my neck. I couldn’t exactly feel them, they weren’t of a corporal nature but they burned and froze the skin they touched. Near death experiences weren’t completely uncommon with my extracurricular line of work. Comparing this sensation to any number of times I’d come close to being eaten, or drained wasn’t a fair fight though. It was if these phantom fingers were necrotising my very flesh, killing it off, depleting my life-force.

When I heard Daphne yell my name and then grabbed my hand I should have felt…different. Burst out with a cocky quip, smiled to show off how superior my dentist was or at least laughed. I barely managed to speak. “This was a very bad idea.” The energy that pulsed through me was entirely that of death. Having direct contact with Daphne I should have been able to read and recognize her personal Magick. All I could sense was the dark. I refused to believe I had met yet another Necromancer. Daphne wasn’t exactly a welcoming brightly lit individual but she was as delicate as a snowflake and as mysterious as any relic I could find in any archaeological dig. Tarnishing any of that with labeling her a Necromancer would be just as depressing as admitting that playing the White Knight of Index had gotten me in deep trouble. The creature, ghost, demon, whatever it was that had hold of me…it’s power just had to be greater than Daphne’s like it was my own. That, was positively terrifying.

Some kind of internal battle waged. One trying to rip something away from me, the other holding it in place. Beginning to feel faint I couldn’t concentrate on either energy and dropped to my knees. Whatever it was, broke through my Heart of Stone, so it wasn’t pure necrotic Magick, without an understanding of what I was dealing with, I was just flailing in the dark. Dipping my free hand into my pocket I rummaged around for my lighter. Fire. I needed some light.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics