setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] 'Till I Collapse - Page 3

[Private] 'Till I Collapse

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] 'Till I Collapse

Daphne Collins | Witch; Necromancer

Posted on Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:20 pm

I was surprised at his response. A smartphone app seemed so mundane a thing to be using when it came to the lay lines. The sheer power that they contained seemed otherworldly to me, and certainly not something that seemed like it would go with an iPhone app. I guess there really is an app for that. It definitely could be useful to have a map with me of the paths at all times, it would save time and energy. I was also surprised at his willingness to share it with me. He hadn't proven to have anything other than good, friendly intentions, but it was so unusual to meet a warlock who was so willing to share his tricks of the trade. Perhaps he was so willing because he had other, much better tricks. I would appreciate that, I said simply.

It seems we do. While I was not entirely forthcoming about my goals, I had already guessed that he wasn't either. Perhaps we did both have the end goal of using the lines' energy. It was hardly unusual for supernaturals to take advantage of whatever means were available to do, well, whatever the hell they wanted. I could hardly blame him if he too was here to see what would be the best way to go about doing that. It is quite beautiful, isn't it. I said, looking about the forest.

I wasn't particularly tired. In fact, I was rather curious to see what was at the intersection which Kai had mentioned, so I was annoyed by his decision to stop and complain about the lack of coffee. I couldn't see why he was so fixated on the bitter beverage. I sat beside him on the coat which he had laid out, and gazed at the scenery. He was correct that it was rather breathtaking. Unfortunately, he had taken our break to ask more personal questions.

I've been here for about three years, and I came here for a number of reasons. I didn't bother to expand on any of the reasons that had brought me here. Beyond the obvious supernatural energy surrounding Index, most of the reasons were not of the type which I wished to discuss with some kind of old money surfer boy that I'd met in a forest. You? I asked, mostly out of politeness, but it never hurt to have more knowledge.

Back to top Go down

Malakai Greenmantle III | Warlock; Elementalist

Posted on Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:33 am

“You’ll have to give me your Facebook then. You have one right?” Forever collecting new friends. Even when I couldn’t categorize them as that. Daphne was definitely not in the friend column. It would be a lie to say I’d not come across someone as guarded as her but I was definitely feeling locked out which was bothersome. Flat out asking her why she had a wall up between us, was becoming a very real option. As rude as that question might be. On the other hand, mysteries were always so captivating to me. I constantly struggled with a desire for knowledge and understanding…and an obscure need for things to remain unattainable. Asking her personal questions was about as effective as trying to leech blood from a stone but I’m sure I could find a spell somewhere that would allow me to perform that very miracle. It was actually more likely than me getting an honest open answer from this girl.

“Tomorrow is my first day as the Curator for the Index Pickett Museum.” Speaking about themselves was everyone’s favorite topic. We were all experts. Unless of course you were Daphne, who was avoiding talking about herself in depth at all. “It was here, Salem, Massachusetts or Toledo, Ohio. All places in America with rich mysterious supernatural history that I haven’t yet explored.” All had interesting Ley Lines. All had events linked closely with the arcane. Index had been presented with a job and more myths, legends and paranormal sightings than my brain could handle. “I like to refer to myself as a Relic Hunter.” My smile took a cocky turn and deciding that sitting down for a heart to heart was a lesson in pointlessness I stood up.

“Enough of a break yeah? We better get a move on.” Removing my phone for the hundredth time this morning I started taking a few photos of the landscape. I intended on changing my profile picture as soon as I had a spare moment. Will and Dom had drilled into my head, that when meeting new people I should just keep my Facebook application closed. Opening it could mean my head would be buried in my phone for hours, which wasn’t the best first impression. “How about you lead the way this time? It’s that ridge up there.” Pointing to an outcrop that actually looked void of vegetation, my eyes dragged back down to my phone. Bad habits were hard to break when the temptation of stunning images paired with jealous comments sat right in the palm of my hand.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:27 pm

Facebook? Did people even use Facebook anymore? I guessed that I still had one, I mean I never deactivated the one that I used while I was at Gold Bar. I guess if he added me he would see a few photos from last year's graduation (pathetic, considering that it was a tiny community college). I think there were some of some of Barney when we first moved in together, because I hadn't realized that he was CRAZY. Really, my Facebook was pretty much irrelevant, considering what had happened since then. Hell, that graphic design degree I got from GBCC was worthless, and not just because there weren't really any jobs. Uhm, sure. Just search Daphne Collins and it should come up.

Surprisingly enough, I was familiar with the museum that he was going to curate. His interest in antiquities seemed at odds with the trust fund baby surfer persona I had constructed in my mind. Not that I much liked that persona, but I didn't exactly want to like Kai. My mother would agree. Warlock friends with good intentions were not in my plans at the moment, and it was easier to hate a stereotype than an actual person. He liked relics, which wasn't exactly a shared interest. Well, I guess I had an interest in supernatural relics, but not in the way that would drive me to become a museum curator. And you ended up here. I said with mild curiosity. Anyone could see that Index was a major supernatural draw. When I first arrived I had assumed it to be a sleepy town, but with the kind of power in the strange ley lines beneath our very feet it had become obvious that that wasn't quite true. Fortunately, it at least stayed off the humans' radar. A relic hunter? I haven't met many relic hunters, what kind of relics do you hunt? I was inviting him to talk more about himself. People enjoyed talking about themselves, and it would help to keep the focus of the conversation off of me. There wasn't much in my past which I cared to share with Kai, the relic-hunter/trust-fund baby/surfer.

At his request I headed towards the ridge which he indicated, and he pulled out his phone, presumably to search for more information about the ley lines. My own was stashed away in my purse, but I saw no need to take it out, especially since he already had his. Could be a luminary. They're not uncommon in these woods. I ventured to say, since I was actually curious to hear what he thought might be at the intersection.

Back to top Go down

Malakai Greenmantle III | Warlock; Elementalist

Posted on Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:14 am

Since I did already have my phone out I located Daphne Collins and friend requested. Michelle had accepted me too and now I was tempted to sift through any photos she had. You can’t learn about a person through their Facebook. Dom’s annoyed voice filled my head as I closed the application, after changing my profile picture of course. Griffindors Crest had been getting rather antiquated. My darker half was right. We all uploaded the attractive looking images, with filters to disguise flaws. Talked about ourselves in the grandest possible light and projected a life we weren’t necessarily living. I was the exception of course, there weren’t snapshots of private planes because I was trying to look entitled.

Lowering my phone, Daphne had hit a sweet-spot. There was nothing I enjoyed more than talking about Occult Objects whether they were confirmed real or potentially imaginary. Existing only in books, videos games or myth and legend. “All kinds of nifty things, I keep forgetting to carry around with me the Avow, it’s a pair of glasses that enable the wearer to see auras, would be really handy about now.” Developing a warm hearted smirk I flicked open the Ley line app again to check we were still going in the right direction. Tilting my head to the side in curiosity the expression on my face melted into concern.

“Luminaries? You’ve obviously been in this forest before then? I’m a first timer.” As much as I wanted to know about the potential for Fae residual energy portals, what I was looking at made me nervous. “I don’t think it’s a Luminary….look at this.” Moving up beside her I lowered my phone so she could see what was making me uneasy. Previously I hadn’t zoomed out while sticking to the same line we were following. While they did spread off and fracture and merge, the main thread we were following, seemed to stop abruptly on the far side of the cluster of energy we were heading towards. “Something, or dare I say someone is draining this Ley Line.” That very idea made me clench my teeth. Whatever it was hadn’t devoured the tendril, it resurfaced many miles away but what was in between was empty. Void.

Glancing at Daphne, waiting for her to take in what I had seen on the screen of my phone I looked up at the ridge. “I would suggest if you have any defensive spells at the ready, to use them…if you’re that way inclined” Putting my phone back into my pocket I concentrated on my core and cast Heart of Stone. It made me feel heavy but if we were about to come in contact with a person who was sucking a Ley Line dry, I wanted to be prepared. Beginning to trudge up the embankment I prepared myself for the worst. Which was difficult to do when my whole disposition was tailored to the opposite.

Coming up over the rise after much tribulation with the moving of my legs I stopped abruptly, mouth falling open. A small valley stretched out in front of me. A valley that might have once been lush with the same flora as the path behind us. Now it was destroyed. Or perhaps it had always been. Right in the middle was a weird looking bone white tree. It stood tall like an obelisk lording over a perfect circle of necrotic landscape.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:51 pm

Wow, those sound quite useful. I'd never cared much for magical objects, simply because I found it inconvenient to have to carry them with me everywhere. I preferred to hone my powers so that I could perform powerful spells unassisted, and honestly the powers which I possessed didn't really need much assistance. Something like the Avow could come in handy since I'd stopped relying on spirits for information, but again, it was only useful if you had it with you.

Ah, yes. This forest is quite supernaturally charged. It was hard to stay away. I looked about for signs of some kind of Luminary, although I wasn't really sure what I was looking for. However, when he showed me his phone I didn't like what I saw. Drawing enough energy from a ley line to use it up completely was serious business. I hadn't even imagined doing that myself because of the sheer amount of power even smaller ley lines could contain. Nothing good would be draining the line like that.

At his words, I started to gather my power, considering what spell would be best against whatever awaited us. I had discovered that if I gathered enough power I could kill something with one touch, but it was a major power drain and wouldn't necessarily be effective against whatever this was since I was certain the spell wouldn't work on a vampire, and it would require much more power to kill a supernatural of any class. Instead, I chose a spell that would prevent my soul from leaving my body, which made it nearly impossible for spirits to possess me, and would help me not to die if I were seriously injured.

When we reached the peak of the ridge, what I saw horrified me. A strange tree, surrounded by death. I was a necromancer. I was no stranger to death, but this tree unsettled me. The way it was so white was unnatural. The perfect ring of corpses and dead plants that surrounded it was a disturbing sight, especially considering the vibrancy of the life of the forest. Wha- What could have done this? I asked Kai in a small voice.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics