setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] 'Till I Collapse

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Daphne Collins | Witch; Necromancer

Posted on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:15 pm

Thread Details
Forest | Overcast | Early Morning

Outfit (sans sunglasses)

My obsession with ley lines had started somewhere around three months ago. My supernatural attraction to Index had initially been a mystery to me, but became clear as my research continued. I had pulled my car to the shoulder of one of the roads that went through the forest that surrounded Index. There was a pretty strong path that ran right through the center of the mountain, but that was not the one I was following today. The paths were a bit like a spiderweb, with principal lines that teemed with so much energy. Drawing power from any path would be noticed by any super who's power was affected by the line. Many supers were unaware of this, and it was easy for me to sense them once I realized how to sense the path's power. I was not necessarily worried about anyone who might notice me drawing from a line's power in Index, but the way the energy was amplified suggested to me that a powerful super somewhere down the line mine notice me. That was a good way to make a powerful enemy.

Instead, I sought a less powerful line which did not risk connection with someone whom I did not desire to alert to my presence. My search had led me to this particular path. I was standing on it now, with one hand on my car door. It was ajar, and I stood between the car and its door, debating my next course of action. I did not presently need anything from the path and preferred to let it alone unless it was absolutely necessary. There were other ways to obtain the power which I used in my necromancy, but the path's power was purer. Still, it would be useful to know what was on the path, in case there was something here in Index which I had not sensed previously.

I slammed the car door shut, not bothering to lock it before I set out and into the forest. To many this was a creepy place. I could sense the spirits of many supernaturals and humans which dwelt here. Some had died here, others felt strongly connected to this place. There was certainly a power in such unbridled nature which drew creatures of all types.

My walk along the line was not unpleasant. The path's energy pulsed beneath my feet, caressing me as I followed its gentle tug. I saw a number of startled deer and squirrels or chipmunks as I made my way and finally came upon something of interest.

It was a building of some sort, at least it had been. Now it was a pile of rubble. Still, a pile of rubble in the middle of a forest that coincidentally is on a ley line as well is no coincidence at all. Someone had known about this line before me. However, I could rest assured that they were gone, considering the state of the place.

I decided to rest and decide whether to continue on or return to my car. It was unlikely that I would reach the end of the line, but the forest could be worth more exploration, especially after a discovery such as this one...

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] 'Till I Collapse

Malakai Greenmantle III | Warlock; Elementalist

Posted on Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:02 am

Energy readings is what had originally labelled Index as a town to investigate. I’d made a shortlist before narrowing it down to a few locations based on myth, legends, tales and reported sightings both Supernatural and Paranormal in nature. Index in addition to all of the correctly ticked boxes had Ley Lines that snaked, joined and divided across the area much like webs. Normally thick rivets of energy ran across the country with smaller connecting flows, but here they were splintered. A mess of electrical wiring. Using an app on my phone I had headed out early, nursing a monumental hangover.

Tomorrow I would be starting my new job as Curator for the Index-Pickett Historical Museum so even though I would fare better staying in bed I had to finally walk the main Ley Line. Finding the source of the bleeds, and tendrils snaking off it was going to be an ongoing mission. Right now I just wanted to see if there were any landmarks or caves the core fed through. The pulse of energy was actually not aiding in my headache, nor was the cup of black coffee in my hand. As much as I wanted to open myself to the energy of a Ley Line I didn’t know if it was going to make me feel better or worse.

My eyes were blearily locked on the screen of my phone, watching the blue ebb of the indicators so I didn’t even see the ruin, or the person sitting in it until I was almost upon them. You’d think considering how much time I spent with my head down I would have evolved a mutilation to develop extra sensory. “…Morning…?” The word left my mouth sluggishly, and ended up transforming into a question. I could feel the power hovering around her but given we were both standing directly on a conduit of the stuff, I couldn’t tell if she had her own Supernatural aura or whether she just appeared to.

I patted my chest hoping Id brought The Avow so I could actually see her aura, but once again I’d left them at the condo. “Bugger it” I mumbled and then smiled at the girl. She looked as if she could be made of ice, so delicate it was a wonder that the surge of the Ley Line didn’t disperse her in a shower of snowflakes. “What I meant was…Good Morning.” Plastering on a better representation of myself I sheepishly shoved my phone into my back pocket and ran a hand through my hair. “Not much of a rooster myself.” I raised the takeaway coffee cup from Uncommon Grounds at her still holding a warm smile on my face.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:08 pm

A branch snapped and I glanced sharply at the source of the sound. My eyes widened at the sight of a blond man who looked a bit like a surfer who had suddenly come into a good sum of money. He hadn't noticed me as his eyes were fixed on his phone, and I took the moment to study him.  The energy that he radiated seemed to be his own. I could feel both the line's energy and his, and they were two separate entities. I couldn't guess what kind of super he was, based on just this. It seemed unlikely that he was a vampire. Daywalkers weren't unheard of, but most vampires would have noticed the fresh blood pumping through my arteries at this distance.

He didn't seem very alert, even as he finally took notice of my presence, but his life force was powerful. His muffled greeting explained his lack of alertness: he wasn't a morning person. What all of this told me was that he was here on purpose, and he hadn't expected me to be here. My best bet was that he was here for the line too, although not necessarily any better informed about it than I.

I stood up and looked at him rather coldly. I should have been more polite, but I was not particularly pleased about being interrupted. I should've been grateful that the coincidence alerted me to the presence of somebody who might be using the line, but in this case emotion trumped logic. Good morning, I replied. I knew he was trying to be friendly, but his superfluous commentary irked me more than anything and I'd never much liked coffee.

As much as I wanted to leave, I felt the impulse to stay and try to glean any information that I  could from him. It couldn't hurt to find out why he was here or what kind of supernatural creature he was. What brings you here so early, then?

Back to top Go down

Malakai Greenmantle III | Warlock; Elementalist

Posted on Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:48 am

Paying close attention to the fluxes in the Ley Line energy as she stood indicated that she had her own aura. Not one like a human. Human’s auras didn’t expand as far as the Supernatural. While I had no clue what species she hailed from it was a pretty clear she was otherworldly. Which was almost poetic given her appearance as was her icy disposition. “Best time to shake off my friends, they’re all still fast asleep.” Sometimes I took Dom and Will on my expeditions but most of the time I was forced to it alone. Which wasn’t ideal in some situations. Having company right now made this a little less tedious since I wasn’t doing anything really other than test driving the energy highways.

“Hard to get them out on early morning hikes anyway, especially when I can’t really explain what it is I’m doing.” As close as I was to both of them, they were still human. I had an obligation not to get them involved in matters that could lead to their deaths. Michelle was that wild card. Even though she knew about Vampires and Wolves, I still couldn’t quite bring myself to expose her to even more danger. “Don’t think they would be dazzled by the concept of Ley Lines anyway.”

I’d been told time and time again that I was far too trusting. It was difficult to explain to others that I wanted to give everyone the benefit of the doubt before casting judgement. My sisters always called me suicidal when I’d spoken about Wolves I’d communicated with. My Father just thought I was a shrewd business man, and was proud of that fact. Wolves only wanted to eat me because of instinct, how could I condemn them for something that was just in their nature to do? Everyone could find common ground. With that thought in mind I still smiled warmly at this girl even after speaking about Ley Lines like I was discussing my favorite television show.

“What do you think this used to be?” I gestured to the ruin with my coffee cup before taking a sip, reducing it to but a mouthful away from being empty. Wandering over closer I tried taking a closer look at the rubble in hopes their might be symbols, wards, glyphs, any indication that this was more than just some terribly made holiday cabin.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:23 pm

I watched him, searching for some clue as to what he was. The who could be important, but hardly seemed relevant since he hadn't shown himself to be much of a threat. And what exactly are you doing? The best way to find out was to ask. He could lie to me if he wanted. He could also tell the truth, and it was worth it to give him the opportunity to do so. Before I'd really understood how to close the channels of communication between myself and the spirit world, I might have used a ghost's whispers to give him away, but opening myself to the spirits' chatter was more dangerous than I'd ever imagined when I'd assumed myself to be a medium.

More importantly, what are you? I wasn't keen on displaying my curiosity since it might encourage him to take such curiosity as an invitation to try and find out more about me. I'd managed to keep my power under wraps thus far, and I felt that concealing it offered me the element of surprise and encouraged my opponents to underestimate me - perhaps one of the greatest benefits of my tiny stature and fragile looks.

I glanced around the ruin at his question. He'd already mentioned the ley line, which meant that my assumption that his being here was on account of the line was correct. This place could've been anything, although I'd already decided that its existence was linked to the path. That still left its purpose wide open. Perhaps a loner who had enjoyed use of the path's power had lived here and it had no great significance, or perhaps it had been used for something much greater. I could sense no bodies nearby, but as I focused my power I could faintly sense death. However, it was faint enough that the death had either occurred very long ago or it was the death of a small animal, like a squirrel perhaps. A squirrel dying in the forest meant nothing, but if some other kind of death had occurred here it could be a hint at what this place originally was. However, death was a very vague thing. I could sometimes tell how a person had died - whether it was violent or not, for example - but this particular residue was not strong enough for me to really decide what kind of death it was.

I did not say any of this to the man, though. Revealing to him that I was a necromancer would give him the upper hand, since I still didn't know what he was. I was strongly tempted to play myself off as a medium as it was, just so that I would not be too interesting to him. Mediums - real or fake - were quite common. Finding one in a supernaturally charged place like Index would not raise any eyebrows. I couldn't say, was my simple reply.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics