setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Gayle the recruiter

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gayle Shaffer | Vampire; Ancient

Posted on Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:39 am

Thread Details
Greenwich, England | Chilly | 10pm

Desperate. I toyed with the word, I rolled it back and forth in my mind. I wasn't too proud to admit when I was desperate, but it was so few and far in between times when I actually was desperate. Many of the things I wanted from life did require patience and diligence, and I had usually attributed the desperation of others as the lack of at least one of those qualities. Ah, but there was always something to learn, even after a few millennia. It took the greater part of an evening, but as the sun was finally on its way out, I admitted to myself that I was desperate. So what was next? I already had the planning under way, I already had made phone calls, sent text messages, emails, however my friends preferred their lines of communication. But a few vampires who tended to disagree with the Supremacy and its ways could hardly be considered an army.

Luckily for me, I remembered a time before social media, telephones, television, and even easily printed flyers. I had the patience and diligence to do this how it would have been done before any of that. My memory was foggy at best, but I remembered for whatever reason, I knew how to recruit with very little tools to fill my arsenal. I dressed myself and headed down the elevator, through the ornate lobby and out onto the streets of the old town, my senses alert for one of my kind.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Gayle the recruiter

Ásgeirr Haagan | Vampire; Senior

Posted on Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:28 pm

Outfit

The last few months had been hazy. I knew there were shifts around me but I simply chose to ignore it. Removing myself from vampire society for a while had been an obvious choice, but I wondered if it was the right one. Protecting Gwen seemed far more important at that time and of course, she still was unquestionably important. But little did I know that everything I thought was true about the world around me would turn out to be the opposite. 

Lillith. There were rumours she was more than just the legend we all knew and what worried me most was that it seemed she was back. Gayle's gathering had confirmed that even if she had not returned, some people were desperately trying to get her back on earth. When I received an invitation to come here, to Greenwich, London, I accepted mostly because I was curious. But London also played a big part in my own personal history. Through the decades, cities changed. But London had managed to keep it's authenticity. Even through layers of tourists, you could sense the charm. 19th century London was far from what we would call charming today, but I had fond memories of that time. 

To escape the bustling city, I took the Underground to Greenwich. It took me three changes, but time meant nothing to me anymore. When I stepped into the open air of the streets, it was like I was in a whole new world.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:02 pm

How different these streets looked from Seattle, how long had they existed too. Humans were always prone to thinking that the times they lived in were - I don't want to say the most difficult, but maybe the "worst". They always wanted to believe that humans were never more selfish than they were at that moment, that the greed of whatever government they suffered under was the worst, and there were always those who thought they were living in the end of times. Those who had roamed the earth more than a few centuries knew better. We'd seen people shit in buckets because that was what they had. We saw people actually freeze to death. No, I'm not saying I was some sort of humanitarian. I'm just saying that those who had seen the progression of time were rarely doomsday prophets. But if Ursula's plan with Lilith went much further then I just might change my mind.

It didn't take much walking before I sensed someone, and I wasn't surprised as I was sure many might have stayed in town a bit longer after my "conference". A man, or at least I assumed so from the attire, one who tickled at my memory as someone I had met even before my dinner. I expedited my walk just a tad so that I could catch up to him and then match his pace, stealing a quick glance to scratch the itch of my memory. The look of him both scratched the itch and worsened it, which didn't surprise me. I supposed, however it was time for me to stop guessing who he was and speak to the gentleman.

Hello, sir. Can I assume you were in town for my dinner?

Back to top Go down

Ásgeirr Haagan | Vampire; Senior

Posted on Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:00 pm

Voices. Traffic sounds far away. The sound of TV sets still turned on at this hour. Then that familiar ring in my head, the tingle in my body. Someone close by. Someone of my own kind. It was never really a sound or a smell or any other human sense. It was something different, past all those senses, something a human would never understand. Then came the scent, the sound, the way someone moved. They say our memory is most sensitive to the stimuli our nose picks up. I never doubted that fact because I knew it all too well. 

I knew it was her before she spoke. I didn't slow down but turned to face her and acknowledged her with a polite nod. "Gayle". We had met in person before. But I only remembered our encounter to be brief. "I surely was. I must thank you for providing me with a reason to return to this part of the world." I meant it. I might not have returned to England for a long while if it wasn't for Gayle's invitation. Whilst keeping up the pace, I took her hand in mine and swiftly brought it to my lips. "I'm glad we have an opportunity to speak in person, if you are not needed elsewhere, of course." Then I slowed down. There was something about roaming around in the upper class for most of my life that made it hard for me to lose my polite ways. 

The dinner had shocked me in one way but confirmed a worry I already had the other way. Now there was no turning back, even if I wished to stay out of it, one day they would come looking for me, simply because I attended the dinner. They always had their ways. There were many advantages to living a long time. Discovering how to find people quickly, no matter how well hidden they were, was one of them. "I hope your dinner went well?"

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:50 pm

Once I heard him speak, once I saw his face up close, I was almost shocked. This was Mr. Haagan, who happened to live in that small town where I was brought to Noelle. The world never grew for me, it only shrunk. Some places we may leave, but they never leave us, really, do they? I asked. Until very recently, I had never seen these streets bathed by the sun, but I wondered if he had. The world was new to me again, as in my human life I’d only seen rolling green hills and pastures. I’d only really seen my family’s farm. There wasn’t much to my world then. Did you know this place before? If you understand what I’m asking.

If I could blush, I would have, as really his manners were rare in this world, even coming from those who had lived through days of chivalry and courtliness and whatever other strange and stringent customs. I’m all ears, Mr. Haagan, or.. Perhaps I should ask how you prefer to be addressed. But I hope you understand, there are no need for formalities with me. I continued a leisurely stroll with him at my side, grateful that the first I’d run into would be someone I respected, even if he did seem a bit reclusive within the community. It was very kind of you to come, I know the distance was a bit much but it seemed otherwise a central location. Besides, I think most don’t mind an excuse to travel now and then.

Had the amount of people out and about this night already been cut in half since I’d started my walk? Fewer cars, fewer pedestrians, fewer shadows under the street lamps. I could hear a few footsteps in the distance, but I felt assured that if we continued our stroll, our words would go mostly unnoticed.

I was going to ask you what you thought, if you enjoyed yourself. I do apologize for some of the… drama. But you’ll understand the situation really is dire.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics