setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Aenima - Page 2

[Private] Aenima

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Aenima

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:19 pm

My eyebrows lifted in relief at her welcoming grin. I was glad she was glad to see me. At this point, any friendly face was a welcome sight. Honestly I was kinda surprised that she looked so happy to see me. We hadn't met under that great of circumstances, and when I saw her again after that we didn't really have a chance to discuss all the crazy shit that went down. That crazy shit included me messing with her emotions while she watched Gio turning, which was not a pretty sight.

I lowered my eyebrows slightly with annoyance at myself for messing up her name. Damn. Sorry, normally I'm better with names. I lifted an eyebrow at her words. Wow. I kinda thought you hated me or something after that. I wondered if she realized what I'd done. What I could do. Sometimes people didn't like knowing that their emotions weren't necessarily their own. Not that I abused the power much. Shit wasn't worth it, really. Not that it mattered much anymore, I didn't need to do anything to feel like shit.

Thinking about Gio, for example, made me feel like shit. I hated to admit it, but I missed the fucker. He was an idiot, sure, but he was a funny kid and we'd kinda become friends since that weird encounter in the forest. My eyebrows pulled together and as expression saddened, Gio? No, we, uh, lost touch, I guess.

The guy I'd been thinking about hooking up with brushed past our table, and I glanced up at his face. Damn, he had the bushiest eyebrows of anyone I'd seen. Definitely dodged a bullet there.

Yeah, things have been a little weird lately. I dunno... It didn't seem like a good idea to tell Michelle that the pack was missing or gone or whatever. I didn't not trust her, but I didn't really trust her either. I just didn't know her, and she probably knew too much about pack business as it was.

Back to top Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:03 pm

No, no, it's good. I'm terrible with names, so, uh yeah I cannot remember yours at all. So, one of the positives about being bi was that I could do twice the window shopping. So admittedly I took a minute to check her out. God, I was kinda relieved to see someone without the super fake done up eyebrows. Mine were in need of at least a tweezing. Yeah, okay I was guilty of penciling in my brows so they would match my black hair, but I didn't always have time for brows on fleek or what the fuck ever. Hers were like, perfectly natural and it almost made me wish I could stand my natural hair color. Black hair and light brows? Fuck that. Not to sound all, cheerleader sleepover or whatever, but no, I've kinda always wanted a good chance to thank you.

I rubbed my forehead, my fingers brushing over my right eyebrow as thinking about Gio honestly brought me down a bit. Even the way his eyebrows furrowed when he was deep in thought, or the way he looked when he was pissed at me. I'm just... I'm really worried about him.

I took one of the last few drinks of my bourbon and just as I looked up, this dude walked by with fucking caterpillars above his eyes. Black eyebrows that I could curl with a curling iron. Do you see that shit? I whispered, but it came out a bit louder than I'd hoped.

Lately? My whole fucking life is weird. And with that I raised my glass to make a toast. To weird shit.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:44 pm

Oh, yeah - of course - it's Arden I noticed her looking me over, but said nothing. She was an ex of Gio's, so I figured she was giving me the once-over out of curiosity. Her hair color had changed since I'd last seen her. I didn't really know about fashion trends or anything but it looked like she was rocking some kind of two-tone look. In general, in fact, she seemed way trendier than me. I guess I looked better than I had when I first got back, but still, I hadn't bothered with makeup or even tried to smooth out my eyebrows before I left the house.

I leaned forward and took a sip of my drink, You're welcome, then. I can imagine that it would've been really stressful for you. I mean, hell, it was stressful for me, but some people don't really like having their feelings manipulated or whatever so, yeah. I realized belatedly that I'd just revealed to her that I even could manipulate her emotions, if she hadn't already realized.

My eyes were drawn to her eyebrows as she rubbed a finger over one. I could feel her worry over Gio being missing, and I badly wanted to say something reassuring. I didn't want to lie to her though. I really didn't know where Gio was, and I definitely didn't want to tell her that most of the pack was missing. Even saying that he had left probably wouldn't be reassuring at this point, since there was no way to reach him. I'm sorry, I wish I knew more. I wished I could even say that I thought Gio could take care of himself, but it really seemed that he was lacking in the common sense department. Not that I wanted to disparage him, I had grown to like Gio a lot. He was a funny dude, dark eyebrows and all.

The guy glanced at us at Michelle's loud whisper and I got a really good look at the forest that was sprouting above his eyes. Damn, I wonder if he's heard of trimming those things. I said to Michelle when he had passed. I lowered my voice, Not gonna lie, I was thinking about hooking up with him earlier, and now I'm glad I didn't.

I bet, I laughed and raised my eyebrows at her toast, raising my glass to meet hers. To weird shit, I echoed.

Back to top Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:48 pm

I just nodded in acknowledgment when she told me her name. Yeah, that sounded familiar. I think? I took the very last little drink of my bourbon and pushed it to the side, with my phone. I wanted more, but I also kind of wanted to wait until I had something on my stomach. I couldn’t remember, did they have bar food here? I think that’s why I always liked Bennigan’s, but then again, that had always kind of kept me broke. Now, Mad Platter being mine, I actually had a little bit of cushion in my wallet. It was kind of nice.

I guess it would depend on the intent, which is why I’m not pissed. I mean, uh, as long as you can’t influence me to do some crazy shit like shave off my eyebrows then I guess we’re cool. Goddammit though, talking about Gio really was giving me a bad case of the feels, and I thought that if I knew his number was still his number, I was going to try for the eight thousandth time to text that fucker. Maybe later, when I was a little more drunk. One glass of bourbon wasn’t going to cut it. It’s alright. I might try to text him again later, if he’s got the same number. I mean, I guess it’s a good thing I haven’t seen an obit on him or something. I wish he’d told me more about his family. Eh… I trailed off. I came here to be distracted, right? To have fun, so, I needed to whip the subject around to something fun, no more feels.

Bruh, if you’re looking for someone to hook up with.. I mean not that I’m all about playing matchmaker or anything, but you should meet this dude that works for me. I could see you two hitting it off, but i mean.. Then again I don’t know you that well yet. But he’s cool, you know. In fact, I’d be a bit jealous because Paul was pretty awesome, but fuck I couldn’t complicate shit like that. As hot as the employee/boss secret affair shit would probably be, I was getting enough adulting experience to know it wasn’t a good idea. He was a good employee who wasn’t on drugs and didn’t steal, and I wasn’t fucking up a good thing.

Do they have um.. Like food here? Like some fucking nachos or cheese fries? I could use more bourbon and something cheesy.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:42 pm

She was surprisingly chill about my abilities. I didn't have a lot of experience with humans knowing about the fact that I could pretty easily influence them, but I figured if I was human I wouldn't want anybody messing with my feelings. Sups were somewhat of a different story since they were harder to influence and usually had abilities of their own that they could use against me if they felt so inclined. I chuckled at her comment, Nah, your eyebrows are safe, I said, waggling my own jokingly.

Thinking about Gio just reminded me of the pack's problems. Mainly the fact that the pack was missing. Clearly some had left of their own accord, so hopefully Gio was one of them - even if it did make me angry that they would just leave. I shouldn't be angry. Hadn't I said myself that I thought that many of them would run away if confronted with real danger? This was just the prophecy being fulfilled. Uh, yeah. You should do that. I was reminded that I had Gio's number as well. I guiltily realized that I hadn't even tried calling him. I mean, he wasn't my ex, but he was my friend. How could I have thought that Ozra wouldn't run away but not think the same for Gio, especially when it turned out that Ozra had run away.

Fuck, I actually was interested in giving Michelle's lackey a try. I mean, maybe she had poor judgement since she hung around with Onyx, but it was worth a shot. Without the wolves hanging around One Shot just made me sad. At this point the only ones left in the pack were me and Onyx and maybe a few others if Luxx was right, but that wasn't enough. I missed my old friends and my brother. If he's as great as you say he is, then I'm down. I said. I was especially excited to meet someone who probably had much better eyebrows than that other guy. I pulled out my phone, here, give me your number and his. And if you get a hold of Gio let me know,  and I'll do the same. Okay?

I shook my head at her question, lowering my eyebrows in mock sadness, One Shot's biggest downfall - no food. Sadly, I was feeling pretty hungry myself. I was also still kinda drunk, not horrendously drunk, but like right at that point where everything sounds like a good idea and the world is simultaneously clear and blurry. So when it crossed my mind that we didn't have to hang out at One Shot any longer (it was making it difficult about all the shit I was going through anyway) it seemed brilliant. Well, hey, I have cheese and bourbon at my house if you wanna come over, I said, raising my eyebrows invitingly.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics