setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Aenima

[Private] Aenima

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Private] Aenima

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:32 pm

Thread Details
Just stopped raining | Ten PM

It wasn’t Friday, and it was past eight thirty, but the mention of One Shot had me curious. I’d done a literal fly-by, and didn’t see Vincent’s car, which had me both relieved and let down. I decided to go in anyway, seeing as I had money and alcohol was within walking distance. It was difficult for me to turn that down. I didn’t want to see a familiar face, but at the same time I didn’t want to be the weirdo drinking alone at the dive bar.

I had to appreciate the music in this bar, unapologetic in regards to currency and popularity. I mean who listened to tool? Apart from a few dudes who I’d met working Mad Platter. A few Tool shirts here and there at shows I went to. I had to remind myself to add some of their stuff to my spotify later.

Other than the music, something about the environment was different. I hadn’t really gotten to know anyone, but some of the faces I recognized after being here a few times. None of them seemed to be the same. I felt like less of an outsider, which usually would have been a good thing but it confused me. I leaned forward against the counter and ordered a bourbon on the rocks. Not my usual, but that was the theme of the night, right? When the bartender slid the drink across to me, I took it and found a table. I pulled my phone from my small bag and placed it on the table. My index finger scrolling tumblr even though I wasn’t really looking at it. Shit never loaded on mobile anyway. I held my bourbon in the other hand and basically people watched. God, I was fucking bored.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Aenima

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:34 pm

I finished off one of those mixed drinks that tastes way too good and stood up. I wasn't drunk exactly, but I had that warm feeling that I get when I've had a few. I was intently focused on finding someone to talk to, in that way that happens where you can only seem to focus on one thing at a time and everything fades out. I looked around the bar, only to remember that none of my canine friends would be about, which instantly made me feel kind of hopeless and endlessly sad.

My focus shifted to finding someone attractive, because I no longer wanted to talk to this lot. The bar was nowhere near as crowded as it was on a typical Saturday night, due to the wolves' absence. With my beer goggles on, it wasn't hard to spot a nice looking guy sitting at a table, and I stepped away from the bar, froufrou drink in hand, and started to make my way towards him.

In my quest, my hip nudged a table and the drink sloshed onto my hand. I looked down at the table in surprise, and then glanced at its occupant. I opened my mouth to apologize, but a spark of recognition gave me pause. I was certain I'd seen her before, but my alcohol-slowed mind struggled to place her. I leaned closer to look at her, Do I know you?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:34 pm

I felt a single drop of something cold on my knee, which startled me from my mindless people watching so much that I practically jumped. God, I was fucking skittish, but I mean shit, I knew what was here, who was here. Maybe. Like I said, not many of these people looked familiar, at least until I saw the face of the girl now talking to me. You know, people lied for the dumbest fucking reasons, including myself. It totally wasn't, but it felt like minutes went by as I contemplated whether or not to tell her how I knew her. It meant admitting I knew she was a wolf, that I knew Gio and Vincent were as well. And I wasn't. Did that make me a loose end?

Good.

Oh, for fucks' sake not now. But... yeah, let's see where this goes. Maybe I could ease into it, mention the party, but not the afterparty. Be as nonchalant as possible. Probably Bennigan's. I don't get out much but I always have to make it to their Halloween parties. Intentional or not, I kept my gaze on her face, seeing if that "aha" moment ever happened.

Here alone? I mean, I am, not gonna lie, so if you're uh... bored, you can sit here. I'm just watching these people at that table. The guy when he thinks no-one's looking is totally digging for gold.

Back to top Go down

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:31 pm

I frowned, momentarily lost in thought while I considered her words. I almost never went to Bennigan's - One Shot was pretty much the default hang out for the Index pack. Well, not so much anymore. But yeah, I had been to the bar's annual Halloween bash for the past two years. Hell, some crazy shit had gone down at those parties. In fact, Gio had turned for the first time nearly two years ago. I thought it was one of the craziest nights of my life, looking back. Thinking about that is what made me realized that I knew who this chick was.

Oh man, I said, collapsing into the chair beside her. You're that human... I trailed off and glanced at her. I didn't remember how much she knew. I remembered seeing her somewhere after that night, but I don't think I was ever fully informed about her involvement with Gio and the pack. And damn, Gio. I hadn't seen him in so long. He was probably with the rest of the pack, wherever they were.

Those nights in Bennigan's felt like a lifetime ago. My trip to Aspen felt like some sort of demarcation between that life and this, since it was while I was there that Marcus passed and the pack and Landon disappeared. This girl was still here though. What was her name again? A crease appeared between my brows as I tried to recall it. I sipped my drink and stared at her, Uh, Micah, was it? I gave it my best guess.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:51 am

Maybe it was just the fact that I actually had some company, and shit, I kind of knew her, so we at least had a little more to talk about than "what do you think about this weather, I never know what to wear!" But I was feeling a bit giddy and maybe full of myself. I smiled wide, my brows raised high and my eyes darting side to side. That human, in the flesh, I said, finally relaxing my ridiculous expression. At this time my eyebrows were relaxed and lowered to their normal position. I finally took my phone and closed the Tumblr app, having something decent to pay attention to. Or someone I should say.

I couldn't be mad at her for forgetting my name. I certainly remembered her face, but I really couldn't remember her name. Although I guess I just handled things differently. I'd rather just ask than get it wrong, but whatever. Nah, not that unique. Name's Michelle. But yeah, that was me that night. I gotta thank you and Joe- I mean Vincent. You two kinda kept me sane. Not every day you see your ex uh... do that. I took a good, healthy drink of the bourbon, not because the conversation was going to be annoying or something I didn't want to talk about. Generally I was an open book. I just knew there would be some old feelings dredged up and a little numbing wouldn't hurt.

Speaking of that night - have you seen Gio? The last time I had seen him we'd had a terrible fight. Shit, we always had terrible fights. But they were worth it just to make up with him. As much as I outwardly blamed him for never wanting to turn something into a relationship, I wondered if the rationale was different than what I said or what I even understood about myself. Forgive the cheesy wording, but I worried no one else would have his passion.

I stopped myself from going too far down that road, and looked around me again at the people in the bar. Some of them would have looked familiar, but there was always something different that told me it wasn't them. Usually the eyebrows. For that matter, this place is really different than what I remember. I haven't even really seen much of Vincent either.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics