setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] A Cold Day in Hell - Page 4

[Private] A Cold Day in Hell

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] A Cold Day in Hell

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:02 pm

What the fuck had just happened? Did I please the fucking God's? What heroic deed did I complete to warrant such casual fucking responses? And yeah, I did find it really fucking annoying that I had to get as angry as I did before they just dropped it like nothing had happened. How fucking easier it would have been if Luxx would have just calmed her shit, and Olympia would have listened to me when I told her we could talk about shit later before pissing me off to all hell. They both even started with ''fine'', which was a fucking victory word that told me clear as day that I'd won. They were both still fucking cunts for pissing me off and then all of a sudden deciding they were over it after I'd lost my damn temper, but fuck them, I'd still won. Small victories.

But the calmness that followed... It was fucking eerie. Almost like we were dealing with the after effects of a stun grenade. I could practically feel the piercing ring in my ears. Olympia saying some shit about high horses, and then just... Silence. Other than Luxx muttering some passive aggressive ass shit about being a good little wolf. Had I won or was the silence a punishment? Good fucking god was I getting the silent treatment? Fucking hell... I practically buried my face into my glass to distract myself from the weird before dialing the number and putting it on speaker.

I wasn't surprised when Luxx jumped in first, but every time after Ozra would say something I'd open my mouth to speak and she'd cut me off. You- I started again, this time being cut off by Ozra and growling as I picked up the phone, as if holding it up to my mouth would make any fucking difference. You need to come back. ''Is that an order?'' No, and yes. Your life is here, your bar, and there are still wolves here, not just Luxx. I mean pack. I mean fuck, Olympia is sitting right here. I put the phone back down and raised my eyebrows at Olympia, gesturing to the phone as I waited for her to speak up.

Back to top Go down

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:52 pm

Luxx and Onyx finally finished their idiotic argument, and the three of us fell more or less silent while Onyx dialed the number that the barkeep had given him. Onyx was eminating a mix of smugness and annoyance while Luxx was positively fuming. I downed another shot as the phone rang, and I felt a surge of anger when Ozra picked up. I was prepared to tear into him, tongue loosened by the shots, but Luxx jumped in before I had the chance to get a word in. I shot her a glare while she spewed off some bullshit and completely failed to mention me. My focus shifted to Onyx only when Ozra said the words "perma banned" because I'd had no idea about that.

When Luxx and Onyx finally stopped speaking long enough for me to say something, the words flowed out, What the hell, Ozra? I never realized what a coward you were. I'll tell you why you should come back, this kid you left your number with's an idiot. If the bar had burned down it would've been because he's fucking incompetent.

There was a pause, and then, "Olympia? What the hell are those two doin' in my bar?" I rolled my eyes at his avoidance of the subject. I could tell that my disrespect had pissed him off, but anger and alcohol were a dangerous combination, especially considering that I had trouble controlling my tongue as it was.

I hesitated to respond, but I spoke again before Luxx could just because I knew that anything she said would probably not make Ozra want to come back. The real question is why aren't you? You want these two out? Come get rid of 'em yourself. You already know Onyx has got Freddie here under his thumb, and I'm not sure I want to work for someone who abandons his pack at the first sign of trouble. There, I'd said my part. Let him argue it out with Onyx if he wanted.

Back to top Go down

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:40 am

Fucken hell look at these two assholes. Olympia shooting me a dirty look that could melt my eyeshadow and Onyx making damn well sure that Ozra knew it wasn’t just me in the bar. Pack, pack, bloody pack. Blah blah. Family bonds. Of course I was fucking jealous but I just pretended something was deeply interesting on my phone and let them have their fucking Pacific fist pump moment. Tossing back yet another shot, following it with half a glass of vodka and red bull. My head was buzzing and I was starting to feel really…good. “Do ya feel the love Ozra man? It’s thick and steamy in here.” “Fuck all three of you, the bar is fine, I make sure that it is. Do what you want.” It was then I realized something. He was scared. Normally I’d find that fucking pathetic but the booze was beginning to weave its magic and everything was getting fuzzy and warm. Ozra being terrified was the only explanation. Olympia was right he’d left One Shot in terrible hands, but it was the best he could do in such short notice. It made me wonder what he had seen….

Instantly sympathizing with him, especially since he had just been called a coward I put down my phone. Onyx was trying to hit him with the pack bullshit, but Ozra thought that the pack was dead, or missing. He’d said so himself. “Theres survivors here, not just from your pack but from others too, this isn’t just about the Pacific fucking Pack..” I gave both of the other wolves an angered snarl. How dear they make this all about their piece of shit tribe. “You know what Ozra…what do you want? What do you need in order to come back to Index?” Appeal to the greed. We all had it in us. I’d walked across the fucking country because of something I wanted. He would do the same.

Even though I expected a long pause, there wasn’t one. “I want to know what you’re intending to do. I want two hundred and fifty grand to renovate the bar and my expenses paid for a month. Plus all three of you fucks have to grant me a favour. You Luxx, you have to give me two because you’re not even pack.” “Oh god, fuck your pack…” I mumbled almost to myself but loud enough that both Olympia and Onyx could hear. I can't believe he was lumping more shit on me just because my fucking pack name didn't start with the correct letter of the alphabet. “You know what arsebucket? Fuck it, I’ll do you three favors and pay the money...if you don't come back now you have to admit a Lone cares more about your pack than you do. Suck on that” I had a feeling I knew what two of those favors would be. Fuck my life. I got up off my stool absolutely disgusted in all three of these O fucking cheerleaders, flipping both Olympia and Onyx the bird, a finger each from opposite hands before dipping off into the bathroom. Time to slug back some Fanger Juice.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:28 pm

I had things I wanted to discuss with Ozra personally. It was a fucked up thing, bonding with a wolf, then losing that bond over asinine shit that was beyond your control. This was a fucking miracle, really. I didn't expect I'd ever talk to him again, but not knowing whether I'd see him again to hash out the shit I wanted to talk with him about privately was eating at me. He was a great fucking friend to have, but in the reverse, he could be your worst enemy... In a high school, teenage, drama kind of way. The kind that really pisses you off. And I found it really fucking ridiculous. How much talking did we all need to do before the idiot was ready to put on his big boy pants and get his ass back here? He wasn't our best fighter, the man was gettin' old, he was lucky he was getting as much effort on our part as he was.

It is. I cut off Luxx. It is about our pack, but it's her dismissive ass attitude towards our pack that is even more reason for you to come home. Yeah, we have lones, but your pack is still here, just not all of it man. You're needed, by your pack, hell even by the lones. And yeah, what's going on isn't just about the pack, but if you can't find any other reason to come back, then you need to think about pack, think about what matters.'' I looked to Luxx. I'd have been fucking pissed to hell at the way she dismissed our pack as if it wasn't fucking important, but that wasn't the point here, getting Ozra back was. Now wasn't the time to scold the insubordinate lone.

Olympia had made better points than Luxx so far. I was just trying to balance shit, he could get the blunt truth from Olympia, he could get the pack insults from Luxx, and when that changed, I'd stop being the good cop. One of these tactics had to fucking reach him. Something had to work, and I didn't give a fuck which one did, as long as it did. What? Was he really fucking bargaining now? Jesus fucking Christ... I opened my mouth, ready to lay into the fucker when Luxx took over. For once providing something that was actually fucking clever, comparing a lone's loyalty to his own. It was a brilliant fucking move, one I would have high fived her for if I hadn't been distracted by the fact this chick apparently shit hundreds.

Whatever man, I'll play your stupid fucking game. Just... When can we expect you back?

Back to top Go down

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:46 pm

I was practically seething after my exchange with Ozra. I turned away from Onyx and Luxx and the phone to drink my beer. I had to admit that I'd grown somewhat attached to Ozra. I'd looked up to him, trusted him even. It felt a little like I'd lost two fathers in one year, except that I'd thought that Ozra would be one of the good ones or something.

There was some kind of conflict between Onyx and Luxx about the importance of the pack. I was so over it, but I perked up when I heard Luxx bargaining with Ozra. It was a good tactic, actually: asking him what it would take to bring him back. I couldn't believe that he was demanding a favor from each of us just to get it though. I was tempted to flat out refuse, considering that I considered him to be at a negative in the favor department for me. We could count the favor that he wanted from me against that and we could call it even.

I bit my tongue, and Luxx saved me from another outburst by throwing out an offer he couldn't refuse. I didn't know where she had so much money laying around or why she was so desperate to have him back, especially after he'd shown himself to be such an ass, but she was exceeding his demands.

I growled, I'll give you one favor, even though I've already done you a fuckload of them, I said, my voice low and resonating with anger.

Even with everything that we'd said and offered, he still hesitated. "Okay. I'll get things ready. I'll be back next week." And he hung up. The bastard didn't even bother to say goodbye.

I clenched and unclenched my fists, finishing off the last of my beer with a singular gulp. Lilith had left at some point during the phone conversation to God knows where and I couldn't bring myself to care. The piece of shit Freddie had the nerve to try and give me another and I glared at him. I think this confused him since he was still affected by Onyx's mindfuckery.

I slid off the stool and turned to Onyx, We'll talk later, I bit out. Then I turned and left.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics