setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] A Cold Day in Hell - Page 3

[Private] A Cold Day in Hell

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] A Cold Day in Hell

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:28 pm

I frowned at Onyx, mulling his words over even as I reluctantly agreed, I guess... I'd heard about the Supremacy, of course. My contacts in Aspen hadn't had much information beyond the fact that the organization was up to something nefarious, and wolf packs in this region had been disappearing. If the Pacific pack had run away, well that was a different matter, and it meant things must've been really bad... Or Onyx was lying.

Weird pineapple comment aside, I was mystified by her statement about Camille and Jonah. Based on Onyx's reaction, they were important. Who? I ventured to ask. Clearly things had changed a lot since I'd been gone. I didn't recognize any of the names that were mentioned, and Luxx pretty much counted as a stranger too, What exactly is your plan? Once you've rallied more than five wolves, I mean. Nobody had mentioned the Supremacy, but I had the feeling that that was what this really was about. It was a powerful enough organization to make an entire pack run (where did they even go?) or, if Onyx was lying, to make an entire pack disappear.

That's my point. Ozra didn't leave this place to anyone. So why bother with a phone number? And why give it to this asshole, of all people? If I was gonna take off I wouldn't be leaving my number with just anyone. I doubt he said to this kid, "here's my number, but don't give it to anyone. I just want you to have it so you can call me and whisper sweet nothings in my ear." I couldn't see why neither of them seemed to see anything wrong about the situation.

I stared wide-eyed at Onyx at this revelation. There were only two wolves left in the pack? What about Luxx? I'd gathered she was a loner, but I couldn't figure out her relationship to Onyx beyond that? What were they planning? I glared at him, trying to say, "we are discussing this ASAP whether you like it or not" with my eyes. I'm sorry that I have more important things to do than sit around and pour you free drinks. I said in a sickly sweet tone.

I downed the shot without comment. My intention for this trip had been to get answers, not drunk, but since it seemed like that was failing...

I snorted at Onyx's comment, Sounds like the pot's calling the kettle black. I said, slightly under my breath.

I watched Onyx giving the barkeep the order. It couldn't really hurt to find out whatever the kid knew, even if I was right and there was something fishy going on here. Maybe I just didn't trust this Luxx chick. I didn't know anything about her, but I didn't like what I had seen so far. The warlord thing was a mystery to me. If she was a loner did she still count as a war lord. Did she count as pack now then? Were she and I the two wolves Onyx had been talking about? I wasn't sure I could take being in a pack with just Onyx and Luxx.

Back to top Go down

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:42 pm

Doing shit alone? I have a lot of orders to give? Calling me a fucking bitch?! “I’m sorry, did I miss the part of our conversation that said I had to take you round with me on my travels, well fuck, apologies.” I gasped placing a hand lightly over my mouth. Every word was dripping with venomous sarcasm. “I thought finding others was the prime objective, not making you feel like you’re doing something other than sitting on your fucking arse and bitching. Plus I did it with a busted arm. I was upholding my end of the plan dickfuck Rage was taking over and it was red hot enough to block out any inner voice tailored after Sona that would have reminded me to…be kind. My right arm was still bandaged under the leather jacket, even though it was now completely healed via Vampire Blood. I tenderly moved it pretending that even the liquor wasn’t enough to dull the ache.

“Fuck me, trying to work with you is like making a deal with a toddler with nappy rash, ask me about Camille and Jonah again when you aren’t trying to enlarge your dick for Olympia here.” He was talking his shit up this is what this fuckery was about. Trying to be the big man. Fucking loser. “May I fucking remind you, that your heart would be in my stomach right now if I had been a real fucking bitch so watch it.”

Still intensely angry I almost inhaled both Vodka and Sambucca shot, to have them automatically refilled by the bartender as he returned with the piece of paper. “Yanno, you say some things that make me think I like you.” I waved my drink in an intoxicated fashion at Olympia. She was sassy but not in the slutty way most of the women from the Pacific pack were. If only Onyx wasn’t trying to drag my name through the dirt so he could come out shiny and golden. “Because Onyx is one fucking black pot…but then I don’t know…..you’re also both fucking morons.” I laughed and downed my renewed shot, also hitting that fourth when it was poured too. Even half in the bag and I still understood it. I think it was testament to how much time Ozra and I spent together. He had been one of the few aside from my little band of anti-onyx misfits that would hang out with me. He probably knew more about me than any wolf in this pack. It was a disturbing and frightening thought.

“I mean fucking really? Ozra didn’t give them this fucking bar, it’s still his, this is his fucking life.” Any half brained monkey would know that. Even the monkeys arse would know that. “If something happened to it they would be expected to tell him. Like someone using a toilet seat from the woman’s stall to headlock a Pacific Warlord while using the pool table as leverage. Or burning a section of the bar while trying to light a shot because of a drunken dare.” Both things had happened and I was the culprit. “He intends to come back, for this place….but now I don’t trust either of you know him well enough to get the job done…so the fucking lone will do it.” I sneered at Onyx and reached for the bit of paper. It was lifted out of my fingertips and pressed into Onyx’s hand. “I take it all back, fuck your ability, it sucks balls.”

Be Kind. Be Open. Sona’s voice now had leverage in my head, swimming in amongst all the booze. I sighed inwardly, being shackled once more by my prophecy. “And you aren’t the last two, there’s at least one more. Once we find enough we attack the Supremacy.” The last part was for Olympia’s benefit as she had no clue what Onyx and I were trying to achieve. Not that I felt like he was appreciating the fucking effort I was putting in. Fuck me, I’d run all night and day to find Boom and Scarlet and shamed myself in order to find Ouray. He thought he had an idea of what it was like to be a lone….give me a fucking break!

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:05 pm

The plan is to get our pack back together right now. Beyond that... We'll cross each bridge when we get to it. And Ozra's a fucking martyr. He left his number with the human because he wants to be found. He knows what my fucking gift can do, the idiot wants to be chased. I mean fuck Olympia, I don't fucking know. Ask him when we call his crying ass. I can tell you what I had for breakfast this morning, I can fucking tell you why I didn't put gas in my truck, I have those fucking answers. Don't you think if I fucking knew why Ozra does what he does we wouldn't need be here right now doing what we're doing? Fuck. What the fuck did I look like? An encyclopedia on all things Ozra? The fucking idiot bailed on me just as much as he bailed on his bar, Olympia, his fucking town. I didn't fucking have any solid answers for her. Jesus fucking shit.

And just like that, as fucking usual when women got together, I became the fucking bad guy. What, did they want me to sit around braiding their fucking hair and patting the on the head while answering their questions to the meaning of fucking life? Free fucking drinks? Really? I'm sorry, did I miss something or was it you that got to take a fucking mini vacation while our entire lives fell apart? But you're right, all I did was sit at an empty fucking bar full of reminders that everyone was fucking gone or dead and drink. You think I don't have shit to fucking do? Fuck off with that shit.

My head was a fucking circus. Most things lead to anger. Being pissed was easy. Unless you were faced with situations like this, when your default was to rage, but the object... or... objects of your rage weren't so willing to sit back and take it. I wasn't fucking embarrassed, fuck them. I stood by what I'd said, but I could feel my head getting hot with my friend fury. And that usually meant one of two things, it was covering another feeling up, or a blackout was coming. And since I had fully intended to one up any potential blackouts with one induced by liquor, it was probably the former.

Are you forgetting the fucking conversation we had last? You need adult super-fucking-vision, Luxx. Was I fucking high when we talked about this shit? I didn't remember saying it was okay for her to round up wolves alone. Last I checked we'd made a fucking deal to work together. The last time your stupid ass was in town you had less than honorable intentions so fuck yeah, you do have to take me 'round with you. Start showing you're a fucking adult and can be trusted, then maybe I'll let you ride your big girl bike without training wheels. She was at the top of my shit fucking list. Everyone was on it, but she held the number one fucking spot and there was where she'd stay. Fuck, if Olympia wasn't being such a fucking cunt I'd probably appoint her the role of Luxx-babysitting. But I trusted her right now about as much as I trusted a nest of fangers surrounding a bleeding wound. Just my fucking luck, I give Olympia the job and her and Luxx form a fucking coup.

You want a fucking sticker? Congratu-fucking-lations, you had a busted arm and managed to acquire a handful of fucking wolves. I'll even give you a lollipop for getting this lead on Ozra if you want it that fucking badly. She had a busted arm? Boo fucking hoo. I'd had a lot fucking worse and that didn't make the pathetic number of packmates I'd found magically fucking impressive. What's fucked is I had planned to tell her all about who I'd managed to find, the packs I'd contacted in SoCal, all of it as a way of fucking cementing our alliance. But fuck her, she could fuck the fuck off.

Shit was really on fucking fire now. You're so fuckin' sure of that? My eyes lit up as I stood from my stool and kicked it behind me. Look at the big bad wolf ladies and gentleman. I announced to no one. You can talk and talk and talk about eating my fucking heart Luxx, but it's all bullshit. Big words for a little fucking wolf. I immediately ripped my phone out of my pocket, which pissed me off because trying to angrily pull something stuck in the pocket of your fucking pants was fucking stupid and the fucking thing didn't want to come out. I slammed the thing onto the bar and opened up the dialer. Fuck you you're doing it alone. I'm fucking sorry, okay? Now can we all shut the fuck up and get this done? Sorry you're such an insufferable dick.

Back to top Go down

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:24 pm

The anger was rolling off of Onyx. I was tempted to reach out with my mind and grab those waves and twist them around until Onyx felt the same sadness and frustration that I had been experiencing. I wanted so badly for Ozra to be in perfect health, out searching for the pack. I wanted him to be seeking the same goal that we were because I had looked up to him ever since I started working at One Shot. Sure, he wasn't perfect, but I couldn't see any good reason for why he would just abandon us and One Shot. I couldn't reconcile the image of him that I kept in my mind and the person Onyx was currently describing. Fine, whatever. Let's call him. I think I will ask him why he left his number with this asshat.

I couldn't follow Onyx and Luxx's argument. Beyond what they had said to me about trying to get the pack back together I couldn't figure out what their deal was or who Camille and Jonah were or why they were so important. The fact that Onyx was so worked up was a pretty good indicator that they were important, but how or why remained a mystery to me.

Oh yeah, I was definitely on vacation. I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes. Onyx could go fuck himself if he was going to accuse me of being anything but a loyal pack member during the last nine months. I had dealt with a lot, the least of which was making contacts in other packs who would be useful if Onyx and Luxx could take their heads out of their asses for five seconds and make nice so we could actually do something productive. Judging from the conversation, Onyx would just yell at me for doing it on my own if I told him now, so I clamped my lips shut and glared at him while I sipped my beer. "But you're right, all I did was sit at an empty fucking bar full of reminders that everyone was fucking gone or dead and drink." He acted like it was some far fetched idea that he would sit around and drink. I was a bartender, and I wasn't stupid. Anyone with eyes could see that he had a problem. But, then again, maybe saying that really was the pot calling the kettle black.

Now it was the she-wolf's turn to piss me off. Oh shut up, Luxx, I don't know who the fuck you think you are, but you can hop off your high horse and stop acting like you're the only one here who's ever done anything worthwhile. Dangerous words, and I doubted I could take her in a fight if it came to that, but I was pissed. I'd matured, but not that much, and honestly I was so tired of the both of them and their incessant bickering and dick measuring and just generally being the worst possible wolves to be stuck with in this situation.

Finally, Onyx pulled his phone out of his back pocket, albeit somewhat ungracefully, but at least we were getting somewhere. The sooner we get this over with, the sooner we can all go home.

Back to top Go down

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:22 pm

Be Kind. Be Kind. I was rubbing my temples now, behind my closed eyelids my eyes were ablaze with brilliant yellow. The ancestors, they were testing me. At first it was my strength and loyalty. Giving me a prophecy that meant I had to go against wolf instinct. At the time I’d thought it was the answer to why my pack didn’t feel right. After a while I knew it wasn’t. It took a courage neither of these two assholes would ever know. I’d cried myself to sleep some nights before finally all the tears dried up. I’d had to fight for every inch of kindness from my own kin and yet I didn’t really judge them for it. I understood. It didn’t mean I could easily discard the bitterness but I knew that I would protect my own too, push away outsiders, if I was in their position. As much as I got that Onyx didn’t trust me, and by pack association neither did Olympia, I refused to be fucking babysat. This shit would take longer if I had to ask for permission to do anything and I didn’t have time. Time was running out in fact. This new prophecy was a new test. Could I mend bridges? Could I take a step back? Was it possible to take only the benefits from being a lone wolf and discard all the baggage? Fuck it was all such a monumental task. Bearing it in silence was more pain than….

“Fine, from now on I’ll make sure I get a fucking hall pass before I do anything Mr Byrne.” I hated this. Continuing to drink was the only thing that was stopping me from just ripping the bar apart. Focus Luxx, Focus. So hard. Too hard. I pulled my phone out and checked my timer. No wonder. It was getting terribly close to an alarm for another Fanger juice top up. The closer it got now, the more unstable I became. I couldn’t handle everything that was piled on my shoulders. This shit was stripping away my ability to handle and fuck I could deal with a fuck tonne of bullshit before the walls came tumbling down. Suddenly my phone message alert pinged and in front of my face was something I didn’t need to see right now. My eyes that had dulled back to normal flew into a golden flame as I realized balancing so many contradicting things was destroying everything that I loved. Squeezing them shut will all the force in the world I swallowed the tirade that sat on the tip of my tongue. Tilting my phone I took a photo of myself, making sure Onyx was in the background. It was meant to be two, but X was just going to have to deal with the one. It did what it was meant to do, prove that I was here and in contact with him.

“See me shutting the fuck up?” My head was in my phone sending all the photos. Onyx’s house, his truck, its licence plate and the new image of him and me. “Being a good little wolf, yes I am.” I muttered while simultaneously talking to someone who did not seem to have the best intentions for Onyx. Actually I wasn’t even sure what his intentions were, there had never been a discussion as to what exactly he wanted me to do once I got here and found Onyx. I suspected that was to come shortly.

Onyx hit the connect button and as soon as a very familiar voice picked up I jumped in before either of the other two could. Fuck asking for permission this time, I’d start tomorrow. “Whats up? Hows the bar?” “Sorry Ozra buddy ol pal, it’s on fucking fire.” There was a long pause and a low growl. “This better be a fucking joke, because I remember that voice, how the fuck did you get this number?” “You forget that I’m a….what did you call me? A sly hellbitch, that’s the one…and your Pack Master has the power to compel the minds of retards.” “Why the fuck are you both in my bar? You’re both perma banned.” Onyx had fucked with One Shot? Well then! This was news to me. “And who the fuck is going to stop us right now? You?” This conversation wasn’t going in the right direction, or it didn’t seem to be from an outsiders perspective. “The bar is fine dickhead, aside from being lame, when you coming home?” It was weird me calling this place home but I knew he had always found it funny that I could go from being an asshole to conversational politeness in the next breath. “Onyx still being there makes sense because he has a death wish and you’re fucking insane…why would I go back huh? We left when half the pack just vanished, and a half the rest turned up dead…it’s not safe.”

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics