setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] A Cold Day in Hell

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:56 pm

Thread Details
Light Rain on and off. | 7:43 P.M>

Outfit minus the glasses and minus the scarf.

I leaned back in the seat of my truck and flipped the pressed coin I had found in the woods around in my fingers. I'd looked at it a million times, granted I hadn't actually given it a look over since I was a boy, but I'd looked at it enough to know every scratch, every indent, every chip, as well as I knew the back of my own hand. This one was absolutely fucking perfect, no scratches, no indents, and there sure as fuck weren't any chips along the edges, a feature that wasn't similar with the coin I remembered as a child. I could feel myself growing uneasy. How many times could I blame blackouts for shit I didn't remember before I'd have to accept the fact that something else was going on? Something fucking weird. I could easily explain away a new chip, or a new scratch. But coins didn't magically regain their pristine shape after years of being dropped and tossed.

A growl vibrated in my throat as I tossed the damned thing out the window. I'd had my fill of magical and enchanted items, enough to know no good could ever come of them. I made sure to give it a good solid kick across the parking lot before closing my door and heading inside. Fuck that fucking coin, fuck this fucking place, and fuck everyone. And I meant it too, luckily there was a good stiff drink waiting on the other side of the door, like a dog treat tied to the end of a fishing pole and strapped to my back, it was the only thing keeping my feet from changing direction and getting my ass right back into my truck.

I was right on time, which was a fucking miracle. I hadn't forgotten about the last plans I'd made with the she-wolf. The ''dinner date'' that I remembered, but didn't go. And I'd fucking tell her too if it came up. But I sure as fuck wasn't going to be the one to bring it up. I was dealing with enough shit, not least of which was Olympia. I hadn't exactly told her that our pack was MIA, and I sure as fuck didn't tell her surrounding packs were also MIA... Or dead... Or collared... I didn't even mention the collar part. I knew damn well I wasn't going to be able to keep all this shit secret forever, especially when she arrived and realized Ozra wasn't around. It'd be a cold day in hell before Ozra would miss a day of work, something Olympia knew first hand. But we wouldn't be alone, which for some fucked off reason lead me to believe Luxx's presence would deter any bullshit that would follow once Olympia realized what was really going on.

I started towards my usual seat, stopping the second I realized some bald fuck had planted his ass into the torn leather that covered it. And I awkwardly chose to sit at the opposite end while I waited my company. This was fucking weird, I hated facing the majority of the room, it was fucking impossible to prevent myself from starting at people...

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] A Cold Day in Hell

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:59 pm

Outfit/Hair - not wearing any makeup and probably looks like she hasn't slept in days

The misty rain was enough to turn the dirt on the side of my car into mud, but not enough to rinse it off, and it splattered on my jeans when I slammed the door angrily. Being near One Shot for any period of time made me want to punch a wall. It wasn't the same without the pack or Ozra to make sure that property damages to his precious dive weren't too high. He was always ready to dish out advice, solicited or no. If anyone would've stayed or managed to evade whatever happened to them, it should've been Ozra.

I stalked into the bar and glanced around. I sensed Onyx right away, but for a brief moment I thought I might see a familiar face among the patrons. No, I didn't even recognize the bartender, some human kid that Ozra had probably hired in my extended absence.

I huffed over to where Onyx was seated at the bar slid onto the stool next to him, nodding as a greeting. I could sense his churning emotions from the moment I walked in the door, I felt them almost as strongly as my own - that's how powerful they were.

The bartender edged nearer, wary of the sour expression that had taken up permanent residence on my face, but I asked him for a beer before he could chicken out and retreat to help the other customers. I was tempted by the thought of something stronger, but I was haunted by the image of my father, skin yellow with jaundice, laying infirm in a hospital bed. Logically, I knew that my wolf abilities would stop my liver from scarring in the same way that his had, but I was blinded by the thought that the only man who had ever made me cower could be brought down by the same thing that I craved.

I contemplated what I should say to the wolf next to me while I waited for the kid to come back with my beer. The missing pack was like a huge fucking elephant in a tutu dancing on top of the counter, and yet I had no idea how to bring it up. I knew enough to know that I didn't know anything, but I doubted that Onyx would have the answers that I wanted. Or maybe he did. Maybe the pack had abandoned him and they were off having a fabulous time who knows where and no one had bothered to give me the details. And my brother... had just taken an impromptu vacation. Without his car. or his phone. And the Supremacy was a lie concocted by my contacts in the other packs as some kind of practical joke on me.

Onyx, what's going on? It came out small, almost lost to the noise of the rest of the bar. It was the only way I could think of to combine all of the thoughts rushing through my mind into one question.

Back to top Go down

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:32 pm

Outfit , Eye makeup the same, Hair more butterscotch in color, slightly shorter and tighter curls

Smashing a bottle onto concrete was so fucking satisfying. Couldn’t put my finger on whether it was the sound or the spray of twinkling splinters. Maybe it was neither, maybe it was just lush because I was destroying something. Licking my lips to capture any traces of Vodka I wobbled slightly as I walked up to the warm glow and hum thump of One Shot. Even in my comfortable haze of liquor I recognized Onyx’s truck. At least the fucker turned up this time. Sneering I pulled my phone out of my pocket. This time I didn’t feel a single stitch of remorse as I took photos. From the front. From the side. The licence plate. When I’d snap-shot his house from every angle I’d felt sick to my stomach. Not this time. Bitter as fuck. Booze had its way of dredging up events you thought you’d shrugged off or gotten over.

I’d been fucking around not getting these images to X, and not meeting deadlines was dangerous. All I needed was one more. It would require me to walk through those doors. “Why wer ya takin’ pics of dat dere truck Luxx?” Boom’s cigarette ravaged voice almost bellowed into my right ear causing me to stumble in the other direction, right into his younger sister Scarlet. “Some asshole who almost run me off the road, don’t worry about it.” The duo began circling the truck now, glints in their eyes that only suggested thoughts of explosives. “Yah wanna rig it, ‘ave a Molly in ‘ere, I tink.” Scarlet swung her backpack off to rummage around in its depths. The smell of fireworks, gunpowder and flint instantly alerted my nose. Fuck my life, I didn’t realize ‘grabbing their things’ meant bringing bomb making supplies. Holy shit. “Fuck no, that’s the Pack Masters truck I was having you on….you two stay out here.” They began loudly chattering to each other about why I was snapping images of Onyx’s truck. “She mus’ lyke 'im, he mus be hot.” Was the last thing I heard as I pushed through the doors to One Shot.

Walking into the right moment in Slither instantly perked me up, bringing a smile to my face instead of the twisted sneer of distaste. A couple of middle-aged human males were sparked into a display of air guitar and head banging as the tempo exploded after the slow build up. Joining in I bounced on my heels, shaking my hands up through my loose hair, rocking hips and head in time with the slam of the drum beat. The chorus hit right as I remembered I wasn’t here to dance. Sauntering over to the bar I couldn’t stop my own hips and shoulders continuing to gyrate with the music. “Who are you you?” Though Vodka had dulled my sense of smell, vampire blood still in my veins returned it to default. This blondie was a wolf. This cunt I swear….spouting off about trust and he was just as big of a liar as I was. I shot a peeved look at Onyx. “Who is she?”

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:04 pm

I dug in my pocket for a smoke while I waited for my drink, and smoked at least a third of it before realizing I actually had to order. Without Ozra here and the usual bartenders, I wasn't getting shit served on autopilot. Aye! I motioned for the bartender who was shootin' the shit at the end of the bar with that schmuck that was sitting in my seat. He glanced over right as the first blonde distraction walked through the door and I felt myself shifting uneasy in my seat, avoiding eye contact. I put all of my energy into getting dudes attention, watching as he took Olympia's order and ignored me again.

What? I looked at her, pretending I didn't hear what she said to buy myself some time to find an answer I was willing to give. I'm trying to get myself a fucking drink is what's going on. I glared in the direction of Billy Bob the Bar keep as the words shot out of me in bitter rage. Buddy! I yelled out, catching his attention and throwing my hands up at my sides, palms up as I shook my head with wide-what-the-fuck eyes. He put his finger up at me as the second blonde distraction came through the door, and I growled as I slipped into the back room to dig into the raggedy-ass couch Ozra kept. With cigarette between my lips, I pulled a bottle of jack from the torn fabric in the back and snatched a cup as I re-entered the bar and took my seat. As quick as a whip.

You're gonna... My eyes were finally on Olympia's but drifted behind her, seeing Luxx... What the fuck? ...Um... My eyes darted between the two females, finally landing back on Olympia as Luxx neared. ...Be more specific. I finally finished, twisting off the cap and pouring myself a drink and pulling the smoke from my lips. Olympia, Luxx. Luxx, Olympia. I gave a half-assed introduction, eyes more interested in my smoke as I flicked my ashes into a drink behind the bar, one that most likely belonged to bar keep. Fuck him.

Care to share the purpose of this little get together? I spoke quickly, leaving no room for Olympia to ask anymore questions I didn't want to answer.

Back to top Go down

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:03 pm

I felt a stab of anger at his response. Why was Onyx such a shifty little shit? His eyes were trained on the bartender, studiously avoiding mine. If you're having such difficulty getting a drink, then you know as well as I do that Ozra's gone. Everybody's gone. Where are they, Onyx? I said his name like it was an insult.

I ground my teeth together as I watched Onyx pull a bottle of jack practically out of his ass. The couch in the back room was about as clean as an asscrack anyway. His weird blue eyes finally met mine, only to drift away again. I opened my mouth to respond, but turned in surprise at the sound of a woman's voice. The moment I noticed her, I realized that I had completely missed her wolf scent. My nostrils were clogged with the smoke wafting off of Onyx's cigarette, and my focus was shifting between the alpha and his bottle of jack.

I didn't know her, that was for sure. I would remember someone who looked like her, and her scent was unfamiliar to me. She wasn't pack, couldn't be, because the entire pack was missing or had left or something? Unless she was like me and had been gone. It was a big pack, and I didn't know everyone. It didn't explain her response to my presence, as if it was wrong for me to be talking to the alpha of my own damn pack in my own damn place of work.

I raised an eyebrow at Onyx and then turned my gaze on Luxx, angered both by Onyx's evasive answers and her presence. Who am I? Who are you? I worked to keep my tone curious and nonthreatening. Onyx knew her, so she couldn't really be counted as a threat to the pack, I supposed.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics