setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] High Stakes and Headaches - Page 3

[Private] High Stakes and Headaches

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] High Stakes and Headaches

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:53 pm

You knew you were fucked in the head when the one thing you wanted most was to be electrocuted. I didn't enjoy it, I wasn't that fucking insane. But it was the last bit of what he'd said. ''...isn’t going to help either of us.'' That had me internally begging for pain. Anything that was disadvantageous to him, was advantageous to me.

A tick on a fox maybe, but nothing more. I corrected him, staring daggers at him as I thought over how pathetic this was. The coward seemed brave, but anyone would when their opponent was hindered by foul play. Which was made apparent by the feeling of a pinch at my neck. I inhaled in discomfort, and exhaled a growl.

Rules? Round three of pathetically weak sounding laughter filled the space between us as I acknowledged the irony. Rules imply fairness, and I don't see you in a shiny necklace. The only difference between him and I was, I would rip the collar off his neck before driving a stake through his heart... Or more accurately, any other form of murder that would be particularly unpleasant for him, but incredibly exhilarating for me. I was inclined to get my information from sources that weren't fangers, but I was also smart enough to not trust a word that came out of their mouths. He was lacking in the smarts department.

My hands tensed up involuntarily, and a more fierce growl rumbled out of me as a warning. Unfortunately, there wasn't much threat to a caged bear. You're bargaining with counterfeit chips leech. Admittedly, I was both surprised and not at the information he had, and also pissed to all hell that Luxx wasn't being more careful. What the fuck kinda shit had she gotten herself into? I had enough problems with my missing pack to worry about keeping her ass on a fucking leash. Unfortunately for you, I have something Ursula wants. Sending in her minions with threats does nothing to encourage my compliance. So you tell her what you want, but if a vampire so much as looks at another wolf in the area the wrong way, you can promise her she'll never get what she wants from me. His threats... Ursula's threats, I wasn't sure if they were one in the same, but I was sure of one thing, my threats were bigger. But like I said, I don't know anything. Zap me until the sun comes up, I don't fucking care. But you're not getting shit out of me.

I made a mental note to soak anything he touched in bleach when this shit was over, and watched him prop his feet up like we were to blokes talking about cars or bonding over fucking music. It made me physically fucking sick. A feeling that was amplified at the mention of a name that no matter how many times I tried, I couldn't seem to escape it. I can imagine if you know that name then she spread her dead legs for you like she has every other man that's crossed her path. Congratulations, you just compared me to the town whore. Unfortunately I'm only a little insulted, you'll have to step up your game if you want to get under my skin.

Back to top Go down

Daron Wynyard | Vampire; Young

Posted on Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:59 pm

As this was my first real experience with a wolf I was drinking all of it in. Even though I hadn’t entered into this torture session with an expectation of having a coherent conversation with a shitzu with a crown, I hadn’t imagined it would be like pulling teeth. “Necklaces aren’t my deal….for the love of Lilith…” I shook my head playing with the remote little in frustration. A part of me had wanted to play both sides but I knew now it was impossible for me to get down to his infantile level. He wasn’t going to understand even if I laid it out plain and simple.

“You think that you can withhold from Ursula?” I leaned forward staring incredulously at him before laughing harder than I had in months. “You’re a funny guy Vincent. That little midget bitch always gets what she wants. At least I’m being the smart one here and trying to weasel my way out of giving her the truth of matters.” I could give her the blond wolf but then I was potentially ruining a separate business relationship, one that I was actually interested in keeping. The sooner I could remove myself from the servitude of The Supremacy and Ursula the better.

Noelle was rubbing off on me, her gambling traits. Everything came with a price tag. “Maybe I could remove Ursula and The Supremacy off the table and say I won’t throw your wolves in front of the beast if you’ll give me a bite to eat.” Baring my fangs I was referring to the fact he smelt better than what I remembered a well-cooked steak had when I was human. I’d never tried wolf blood, let alone Alpha and since his heart was a gift Noelle suggested I present Gayle with, it had to be a delicacy.

However the deal I was laying on the table, cards he could pick up, were swept away and spread in abandon on the floor when I became livid. “How would you know Lassie? Had some puppy wet dreams have you?” I pressed down on the electrocution trigger finding my finger to be heavy like lead when I did so. Lifting it off was almost painful. I was fuming. Not only had he just insulted her but if this was an actual fact, then I had literally been cock-blocked by my own progeny. I was the only bloody vampire that had not gotten to taste that peach. “You know what? Fuck you.” Laying the remote on my leg again I made a theatrical point of placing my whole hand over the switch, and just holding it down. “Just fry McMutt, I’m sure we’ll find Lilith without you.”

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:12 pm

The blackout starts at the end of this post. 1. Sorry this post is shit. 2. I would have written more but considering what Daron just witnessed waiting for his reply seemed like a better option.

Fuck me this fanger was one of them. I started laughing, and it just got out of control. For the love of Lilith. God, what a fucking riot. Was it my fucking situation? Was it my fucking shitty ass life? Was it my inability to escape that fucking name, these fucking vampires, that damn organization? I didn't know, all I knew was it was balls hilarious. So much I couldn't even stop laughing when my sides started to ache. It of course got fucking depressing eventually, and I could feel the laughter disappearing. But Jesus, if my wolves could see me now. How easy it was for them, hell even for Luxx to fucking hate me when this shit was a pile of secrets locked up in a vault I'd nearly forgotten the passcode to open. I could have even started laughing again, at the thought of them seeing me like this, and the way I'd explain it, a way, most likely, that would keep those secrets locked up tight, all because fucking hatred was better than pity. What a fucking shit show.

Maybe it's time she doesn't. I looked at him, dead serious through his laughter. And you're a fucking idiot. I know how this works. She sends her minions, you do her dirty work, she doesn't get results, she turns your skull into a candy dish. Maybe instead of fucking with me you should start contacting your maker, your little vampire kids, someone, anyone that's willing to write your eulogy. Unless... I acted touched, You want me to write it for you... I looked up, having a good thought over what that piece of paper would say as I pissed over his grave. Smarter as a candy dish than a vampire... I started making notes aloud. My lip curled up in disgust, interrupting my vocal note taking. I'd rather be fried into wolf jerky. I enunciated every word. But the truth was, becoming a bite to eat was a very real possibility. I had nothing to fear of death, but just because I wouldn't be fighting for my life didn't mean I would fight his blood sucking ass out of respect for my own fucking body.

Fed up, it wasn't a strong enough explanation of how I felt. This trigger happy fanger was pushing my patience. Again... And again... And constant... My blood was boiling, but I didn't know if it was from this fucking contraption or... I heard a click, then another, and more followed. I wanted to feel relief at the sight of my freedom as I felt the collar loosen around my neck and the bracelets around my wrists and ankles slide away from my skin and onto the floor... The couch... But I could feel it, that ache in my bones. And when I looked down to my hand that ring was sitting tight around my finger... How did that get there? I reached up towards my neck, trying to find the chain the ring usually sat around but the hand that came up was not my own. My entire body was not my own...

Back to top Go down

Daron Wynyard | Vampire; Young

Posted on Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:16 pm

Suffocating that switch with my palm became all the more vicious when I knew the threats he were spouting off were probably right. Couldn’t help but be disappointed in myself for thinking the blue prize winner at the county dog show was actually in a better position than I was right now. I’d only met Ursula briefly, once, in person. All my assumptions of her personality were second-hand from other Vampires. No doubt if I didn’t give her what she wanted, the poodle was right, I’d be turned into a Halloween candy bag. If any of my progeny, aside from Alyssa and Laudanum, or other contacts knew I was in trouble with The Supremacy they would give me a wide berth. Generally it seemed you fell in line or saw daylight.

A split second before I had told myself to remove my damn hand from the remote, so I didn’t kill him, it….stopped working. Literally expired. Suddenly I wondered if Ursula had set me up. Some council had convened and they had decided I wasn’t worth the trouble. No point in offering me a chance to abdicate myself, they were just going to throw me to the wolves. Literally. The piece of techno junk running out of batteries wasn’t the only problem either.

I rose from my seat much slower than I should have, kicking back the chair I had been sitting on. The collar fell off Vincent’s neck, the shackles from his wrists, ankles, like the set was a kit from Ikea and I hadn’t followed the instructions correctly. Holy Mother Lilith if you’re fucking real, you need to save me. I had no idea how fast an Alpha could move, what it was that made them more powerful than regular pooches. Was my music worth dying for? Yes, actually yes, yes it was. Did I want to get decapitated by a drooling Moonslave? No, no I did not.

Even though any other Vampire probably would have run like the Pack Master had just spawned stakes for teeth I couldn’t move. Something wasn’t right. The wolf I had shot and begun to torture was no longer sitting in front of me. Falling to my knees with a wide eyed stare was the only reaction I had.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:41 am

I'd felt this before. An in between state of being. My mind caught in limbo between her influence, and free will. Seeing, hearing, feeling, but no control over the motions of my own body or the words coming out of my mouth. I was a prisoner in my own flesh, just as I had been the night I destroyed One Shot. What it meant, I would never know. But I could assume it meant she wanted me to know what I was doing, and feel powerless to stop it. Another game to push me deeper into the abyss of misery?

Do not fear me. I could hear my voice, but another was there too, her voice, her tone higher but in perfect harmony with my own. The duality of it enough to scare the skin off of muscle. Do you know who I am? My head cocked to the side like a curious puppy, and I could feel what she felt. Her emotions far more complex than anything I'd ever felt myself, and feeling them about the vampire that had made it a game to torture me in service of The Supremacy was more fucked than anything else that was currently taking place. What I am? The precise enunciation, strangely placed climbs in tone, and an accent that sounded like nothing I'd ever heard before, synonymous with my own voice scared the fucking shit out of me.

I stepped forward and saw a hand reach forward to touch his face. I knew it was attached to me, it was a feeling I'd never felt before, seeing, knowing, but still feeling unfamiliar with your own fucking body... Do you know what you are, Daron? The question was voiced with more power, I could feel how much more important it was compared to the others. Your purpose precedes you... I could feel myself towering over him. My eyes traveling to her wrist and watching the nail of her thumb cut into her forearm only registered as a harm against me when I felt the pain of the fresh wound. Déjà vu.

I felt her offer up my arm to him... Her arm, like a blood injected slab of wolf meat. Feed from me and all you desire to know will be revealed.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics