setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open 2] Abracadabra - Page 2

[Open 2] Abracadabra

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open 2] Abracadabra

Shane Mathis | Warlock; Necromancer

Posted on Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:41 pm

Artifacts, I actually had a few of those, including the purple crystals which I knew nothing about other than the fact that they strengthened my ritual. I didn’t want to bring them up, not just yet. Maybe they were mere dollar store trophies to him, but maybe they weren’t. I had to be careful getting involved with others like me, especially if they wanted what I had. Then again, I knew a few things about the crystals. They weren’t necessarily ancient. I mean, more so than any typical geode kind of thing. Disco had led me to them - knowing of a particular witch who had been recently killed. He knew where to find shit, including some cash, and those crystals just sitting in her night stand. Not much else, unless she was smart enough to somehow hide her special items in plain sight, which wouldn’t have surprised either one of us.

I could imagine some of those fetch a hefty price, I said, now wanting to at least know of a few of the items and their powers. I needed to know more about this world, even though I’d managed to prove myself powerful all on my own. It didn’t hurt to get as many tools as I could.

Well, color me grateful. And at the very least, lunch is on me. I followed suit and took a seat across from Kai, picking up one of the laminated menus from the table, but not looking at it. I simply turned it on its side and lightly tapped it once on the table. He was right, or moreso, weird Harry Potter shit that would just make me feel silly until the actual spell worked. I have no such thing. As reluctant as I am to admit the fact, I’m… an apprentice with this, and what I know is largely self taught.

I leaned back into the chair, replacing the menu on the table. Maybe? I actually didn’t get to see just how much of the blood she got. But she might need some sort of ongoing protection now that I think about it. My eyes darted toward the movement coming toward us, another young girl likely wanting to take our food order. I’m not sure, but I think there are a couple in a nest after her. All drama over a progeny or something. I don’t really care, I just want her left alone. My statement ended in a decrescendo as the waitress finally reached our table.

”Drinks, guys?”

Water, please. No lemon.

Back to top Go down

Malakai Greenmantle III | Warlock; Elementalist

Posted on Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:21 am

My eyes sparked as I heard an opportunity to talk about my collection. Considering the items I had in my possession it probably wasn’t the most intelligent compulsion but I couldn’t stop the instantaneous passionate chatter that came from my mouth. “You have no idea. The Master Skeleton Key, which has a redundant name, alone cost me a spell from my family Grimoire. Monetary value you could say it’s priceless but I wouldn’t sell it for less than two million dollars if I was strapped for cash.” Not that I would ever need to consider selling it. Nor would I. That particular item in the wrong hands could topple economies. I was pretty confident that the name attached to the item was incorrect. Just looking at the key you could tell it was ancient, Fae in origin. I doubted they used words like ‘skeleton’ when granting titles.

Shane appeared to be being modest but I was impressed. Coming from a healthy coven background I couldn’t even imagine how trying it would be to be the tutor and the student. “That’s an achievement, really, I’m almost jealous. It’s like comparing a private school education with street smarts.” Now I was intrigued as to how much he had managed to figure out on his own. How it had happened. Did the arcane directly speak to him? What I wouldn’t give to have that kind of birth into this life. Never in a million years had I thought meeting someone who considered themselves an apprentice to be so humbling. “I’m more of a learner than a teacher, but if you need someone to answer some questions…I’ll give it a shot.” What was I saying? I loved spouting off about how much I knew about everything and anything.

Almost sighing in relief at the thought of not having to suggest a Blood Magic ritual, I leaned back in my chair. “A charm is probably more than enough then, something just to repel the assailants so they can’t feed her anymore blood.” Removing what she had in her system was beneficial but unless it had been happening over a long period of time, Blood Magic was overkill. “A nest? Then you’re going to need something extra potent then.” I was actually going to need some help with this one. Nests were a different breed. They tended to strengthen the Vampires bonded within them.

I raised an eyebrow at Shanes order and almost felt a sting of regret when I was the one who added an actual pricey item to the table. “Soy, triple strength, Cappuccino with chocolate, thanks.”

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:41 pm

I didn’t have two million, at least not yet. But rumors were spreading of me in the spirit world, and before long I would have a nice clientele. I had a few satisfied customers already, but now that word was getting out, my prices would rise with demand, and I would be advising my clients to form a plan for payment before I was to be approached. I suppose now was as good as a time as any to begin making decisions about how important these “toys” were. Of course the fact wasn’t lost on me that the man I was speaking to was likely loaded, I just didn’t care except the fact that I could likely get myself in a similar position after a few years of business.

I didn’t go one hundred percent without help, I said, now carefully forming a way to explain what Disco had done for me. My.. Nature allows me to talk to more than just the living occasionally, if you get my drift. One in particular had a lot of information to share with me. And a lot left out, too. Each time I ventured into this shop I realized there was a lot Disco hadn’t told me, whether that was his ignorance or neglect I didn’t know. I had the idea that he was himself self taught, seeing as with what he wanted from me I would think he’d want me to be as successful as possible and have every tool at my disposal. At least for his sake that’s what we would go with.

I appreciate the gesture. I’m a pretty proud guy but I’m also not a fan of being ignorant. I don’t intend to waste my gift. I already knew I wasn’t. In fact, I was making more of it than I ever had, but there was always something to be learned, and a better more efficient way of doing things. Increasing my power? That’s what they called it when you were a villain. Maybe I was, but how was it any different than keeping myself challenged and always being open to learning new things? It wasn’t.

I would have no problem protecting her if I could be around her twenty four-seven, but that’s not the case. And, to be honest, I paused, She either doesn’t believe she’s in danger or doesn’t believe I can help her.

I wasn’t usually the kind to judge people based on a drink order, but I could almost see the guy’s balls shrinking in my head. Just get it over with and order your pumpkin spice latte, bro. Myself, I was trying to keep myself healthy and clean. Maybe it was foolish, but I’d started watching my intake, now that I could stay in one place I wanted rid of my beer gut and I wanted the muscles back I had through high school and my time in the service. It was slow, but it was happening. I made sure not to react externally. His taste was laughable, but he still knew more than what I knew, and that’s what mattered.

”Do you still need a minute to look at the menu?”
Yes, please.

It’s kind of disgusting, really, she’s caught in the middle of some jealousy fueled temper tantrum between maker and progeny. Improved strength, practically invincible, and that’s how they spend their time. I shook my head.

Back to top Go down

Malakai Greenmantle III | Warlock; Elementalist

Posted on Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:46 pm

Nodding I had to stop the smile from dropping from my face immediately. While I tried to whenever possible to give all Supernaturals the benefit of the doubt before casting judgement upon them. I found that terribly hard to do when faced with a Necromancer. Which is what Shane was implying he was. Only they could speak with, more than just the living. The Greenmantle coven weren’t fond of their particular brand of Magic as it went against the natural order of life. A balance we honored through the celestial guardianship of the elements. We all had to die, even Vampires but when introduced to a Necromancer, that wasn’t necessarily true. They also didn’t need your permission. On top of that I’d had an extremely bad experience with one. An episode I didn’t want to revisit. “You learnt magick, from a spirit?” While some of the genuine warm sparkle had left my eyes, they did widen in curiosity. Finding his brand of arcane manipulation to be a fly in my cappuccino didn’t mean I wasn’t intrigued with the fact a ghost had imparted knowledge of the arts.

Now that I was aware from what corner of the triangle he hailed from I wanted to take back the offer to be a receptacle of information. Being honorable was something my Father had ingrained into me and even though I knew he would understand, I didn’t think that staying true to my word should have fine print. So I left the cards I had dealt on the table. Shane didn't seem like a nefarious person. Not that I expected him to reveal true colors in a witches coffee shop.

I pondered the menu, having now lost much of my appetite. Shane was reminding me that if he could be around his friend, he could control the vampires himself. “An item enchanted to call upon you when it finds itself in the presence of the undead…” I trailed off now wondering what was worse. Doing the Vampires involved a disservice by unleashing a Necromancer on them, or leaving a defenseless, human? I was assuming ‘she’ was human, to the obsessive attentions of a nest. Business was always a moral dilemma. “Pair that with a charm to stop them entering her aura and you could have a solution to your problem.”

“Any idea how old these Vampires might be?” Dealing with a nest was trouble enough, requiring a high level of concentrated energy. The older the members of the group, the more power required. Blood Magic was returning to the table as a more viable option. However I hadn’t asked the question in order to help him further. While I did feel somewhat, dedicated to the cause, now that I’d gotten this far into the conversation, I was wary doing deals with Necromancers. Any information on cross sections of Index’s Supernatural community though, helped me build a solid ideal of my standpoint as a businessman.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:10 pm

Did I feel a slight shift in his affect? Maybe, maybe not. I never was a mastermind at reading people, as much as it would have helped me. Maybe it was more that he'd just... grown comfortable and less curious. I felt myself with a similar feeling. I was no expert with these things but I couldn't become one if I was to stay hesitant and unsure of myself. Confidence, but not false confidence. Is that so strange? I asked, narrowing my eyes a bit in either suspicion, confusion, or both. Had I no confidence, the statement would have made me second guess myself. Had I not a history with spirits, telling me where to find things and being correct, I would almost begin to wonder if the spirits I saw were only manifestations of my power, or a demented mind. Maybe all of the above. I had believed myself to be a simple medium. He needed my help, and I needed his whether I knew it or not.

This man was a wealth of information, even if just a starting point - the knowledge that things like he described existed. It was like opening a new door, and I was grateful I had decided to finally speak with someone similar to me, although the more I spoke with him, despite the feeling I had when near him, the more I realized that his abilities were likely different. I didn't want to be new to this, I hated being a novice and being ignorant but there was only one way to fix that. What kind of price range am I looking at for items of that nature? Or at least for the ingredients needed to make such things? Asking these questions made me feel somewhat vulnerable, exposing my ignorance on this subject matter. But at the same time, I was almost reeling inside. What else could be out there? What else could I do? Now that I had an indicative arrow, I could follow and begin my own trail.

I had yet to really be able to determine the ages of vampires, especially since a lot of power could be inherited. I felt it was more accurate, almost, to judge by a combination of power and personality. Ben seemed young in both. Full of himself, which, what vampire wasn't? Powers weak, seducing chicks in parking lots? No class, there. New money, as one might say. I'd learned that Noelle was his maker, but that didn't tell me her age. I felt her power, it was strong, and that's what mattered. One's a baby, I'm certain. The other I'm not sure, but I can tell you she's strong. That's all I can gather.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics