setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open 2] Abracadabra - Page 3

[Open 2] Abracadabra

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open 2] Abracadabra

Malakai Greenmantle III | Warlock; Elementalist

Posted on Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:57 pm

“I’ve certainly not heard of it before, but then I don’t know many Necromancers personally.” The name left a sharp taste on the end of my tongue so I was glad that the waitress returned with our drinks. Taking a hefty mouthful, the burning sensation that replaced it helped dull the memories. “Are you guys ready to order?” I glanced over the menu really not feeling a bite of hunger to warrant spending any of Shanes money. Part of me didn’t want it. It felt like accepting a twenty from a drug dealer. “Sorry love, how about we wave you over when we are, just so you don’t have to keep repeating yourself.” I ran my hand through my hair and gave her a grin. She smiled right back and nodded enthusiastically. My focus was on the current conversation and how long I could keep it up. Pride had me locked into my seat. Running away because Necros made my skin crawl was admitting defeat. Plus he was clearly a potential customer.

“The Undeath Detection Charm I already have in item form in my vault, a few versions, they are a big seller, even use one myself at times.” Certain rituals required moonlight, and even locations that meant the likelihood of a Vampire interrupting was fairly high. Though I respected them as creatures I didn’t want to be bitten while performing something that had me dealing with tumultuous arcane energies. “Seeing as they are popular I’ve been able to reduce the price, so two hundred will suffice.” Ripping him off didn’t seem to be an admirable thing to do either, so I was in fact giving him the new customer tag for that particular charm.

“The other, to be aligned to recognising her aura and rejecting the Undead, the spell will need to be performed with her present.” I now had awful images of Shane standing over her bed while she slept. Why did I always instantly assume that a Necro was going to be paired with a horrible disposition? I guess it was because in my experiences, they did. “The item can be anything, but Chakra beads tend to work best, not the plastic kind from a poser magical gift shop of course but actual semi-precious stones…..the enchantment spell itself, all ingredients, and incantations, aside from the actual item to be charmed I’d sell for….” I paused. Given I now had sinking feelings about how he was going to perform this spell ritual, should I also throw in my presence for a fee? “…another two hundred, an extra fifty if you need help.”

Pondering the possible age and strength of the Vampires I realised there was one thing he might need, to make sure this actually worked. “The enchantment requires Vampire blood, it actually would be more effective if you could get hold of some from any member of the nest.” While I wasn’t talking turkey, it was also a way to shove a spanner in the workings of his plan. “I have blood, some fanged clients of mine pay in ingredients rather than money. “ Trading was definitely something I dabbled in. Sometimes it was the only way to get my hands on certain items. Wolf fur. Vampire Blood. “It will work, just not as well as having some from the vampires you wish to repel.”

Back to top Go down

Shane Mathis | Warlock; Necromancer

Posted on Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:46 pm

Should I feel insulted? Maybe, but at this point I was beyond caring what others thought of me. Did I learn my trade in an unconventional way? Probably, I mean how the fuck did this guy learn his? Did he get an owl from fucking Hogwarts? Did his experience include an inappropriate relationship with a geriatric long-bearded headmaster? Possibly. I was already clearly feeling a sense that this guy had been surrounded by this kind of thing his entire life. That he wouldn’t know what to do with himself with a lost ability. His hands were probably just as soft as a baby’s ass. But for now, I forced myself to keep my suspected notions at bay and play nice. Neither do I, which, is likely the issue. I smiled, looking up at the waitress. I held my smile to suggest I agreed with his plan before she left.

Soft, maybe, but useful, yes. Maybe I even relaxed a bit. Different background, different strengths, different weaknesses. I had to recognize that. That’s a very generous offer. Money was quickly becoming less of a problem for me, and before too long it wouldn’t be a problem at all. As long as I had customers, and the dead made a very large customer base. I pressed my fist against my lips, just a mannerism I realized I’d adapted when listening. Was it disco? Who else did that? Alright, I nodded, Of course, I will have to speak with my friend. I certainly wouldn’t want to do anything if it’s against her will. I smirked, She has the right to make her own decisions, even if they’re bad ones.

Knuckles again against my lips, I thought about it, genuinely taking a minute to ascertain just how difficult it would be to get blood. It would most certainly be Noelle’s, but it was dependent upon whether or not I ran into her again. It’s a possibility. Obviously I would prefer my friend stay away from the nest, but I’ve meet a couple of them. One has made himself scarce. The woman I’ve met in the nest, however, doesn’t seem to be as… shy. It’s possible, but not a guaranteed. Maybe I’ll need it, maybe I won’t. I shrugged. Maybe he wasn’t so soft after all. Maybe I wouldn’t mind spending a day at his side, although I doubted that would be likely. Any one of us would likely have secrets, especially someone in the business of offering help for a fee. Why give away anything like that for free?

This seems to be a profitable business for you, and you seem confident. You seem like you enjoy it. We should all be so lucky.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:48 am

It was hypocritical, I knew that, to give other Supernaturals the benefit of the doubt but not do the same for Necromancers. In all my years of negotiating with Vampires, Wolves and other Witches and Warlocks I hadn’t had anything happen to me that shaded their whole species with the same ominous black. I’d had only three Necros in my past to draw from. One had stolen from me and the other two had almost destroyed my family. I had to take another mouthful from my steaming cup of coffee to stop myself from just grabbing Shane by the face and using Burning Hands. Memories were powerful chattels. “You’ll find I’m very much about free will, while I could sell charms that can…manipulate…I don’t.” The statement wasn’t entirely true. It was, to new customers and would forever be for him. I had forced momentous price tags on items that I deemed to go against my own personal values but I also didn’t offer them to customers I didn’t have a bond with. “Somewhere, I have a card, you can call, text, when you make a decision.” I patted down my pants, feeling around for my card holder. If I didn’t find them terribly tourist I would carry a man-bag. Once finding the silver case I pulled out a card handing it to Shane.

As much as it irked me Shanes pose reminded me of a statue. It was a common habit of mine to compare people to works of art, usually those carved from stone, marble or crafted by hand in clay. The Thinker, a bronze sculpture by Auguste Rodin. Which fittingly was originally a figure in a larger commission for doorway surrounded called The Gates of Hell. “Of course I would recommend you both stay away from the nest, but it was a thought if you don’t want any possible loopholes.” Magick always seemed to be full of them. Multiple ways to dispel an enchantment. I’d had many an angry customer come barging into my office demanding their money back after something had interfered that I had never even considered.

I was a sucker for flattery, and without even wanting it to, it made me relax at the table. Not having even realized how tense I had really been. “I’ve been in business since I was old enough to count money, first for the Greenmantle Coven and then for myself.” In a way I was not only dissolving into that arrogant smugness Dom was always telling me I needed to tone down, but also trying to portray myself as someone he didn’t want to screw with. If he was considering doing so. Which was what was in the back of every Necromancers mind, was it not? “Considering your beginnings I wouldn’t imagine you would have heard of my coven, but we are direct decedents of Fae, not one of the largest by any means, but one of the oldest on Earth.”

Trying to make myself sound powerful actually made me uneasy. Flashing expensive toys to display my net worth didn’t set me on edge because I could back it up with a platinum American Express. Talking up my coven roots to somehow fluff out my abilities? Not so much. My Grandparents had been pure elemental. My parents had diversified into dual elements, one primary, one secondary. My generation had also then begun study into True Witch arts. Namely Charms, Enchantments and Curses. In some ways, it had expanded our horizons and made us well-rounded. We also, unfortunately, spread ourselves thin. There were only so many hours of the day one could study. “Any occult entrepreneur would do well here I would imagine….what do you do for a living? To drop several hundred on helping out a friend it must pay well”

Back to top Go down

Shane Mathis | Warlock; Necromancer

Posted on Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:32 am

I didn’t care to manipulate bloodsuckers. They’d been the ones primarily to use me working with Northwater. All they did was manipulate others, so I didn’t spend one second of hesitation. Of course, I was getting a little bit of a do-gooder feel from this man, so I wasn’t going to push my luck with saying so. Besides, I was presenting myself as more of a do-gooder myself. And at first glance of course my intentions were good. Maybe I could make that part of the challenge, to make sure Sofia willingly accepted Lauren’s spirit. What could I do? I couldn’t promise her a gorgeous body when it was something she already had. Maybe it was time to look into her medical record. Ah, but that was a thought for later. Noble of you, I said with a genuine smile, Sadly there are those with looser morals and that’s why I’m here.

Should I worry about whatever loopholes he was speaking of? Ben seemed an ignorant infant, and if I could judge by stereotype I would imagine Noelle was too preoccupied with herself to even care to bother. But I’ve been duped by that thinking before. We should set a date; and if you don’t care, have backup on hand. If I can procure something from the nest, I will. But I won’t put myself too far in harm’s way.

Apart from wondering about my own origins, my thoughts now on how ludicrous he seemed. Not that I would say it, but who the fuck did he think he was? A fucking Malfoy? This wasn’t Harry Potter and I really didn’t give a shit about his family, but I knew when to at least feign respect. I can’t say that I have, but I’m sure once I become more exposed I will without a doubt know the significance. Of course, I wasn’t about to ask him about my own lineage, or how to find out. Was already tired of looking powerless in front of Lucius Malfoy himself.

Well I suppose it’s not something I should hide anymore, but several hundred is nothing when it comes to someone you’re… um.. I smiled meekly, and while I could have used manipulation of my own blood I was slightly fearful the magic would be recognized, so I simply tried to feel as warm and fuzzy as possible and hope my cheeks at least reddened a little. you know, in love with. She um.. Doesn’t know though. I looked away and scratched my nose, then returning my gaze to him. But I do have a bit of money reserved for such things. I’m not sure of a specific job title I have, but before my powers were fully developed I spent time out on sea, in forests, even as remote as Alaska looking for lost people. A talent of mine that was honed in the Coast Guard. When someone is happy enough to see their loved one alive, sometimes the only way they know to show gratitude is with cash.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:45 pm

Flattery from a Necromancer, like I hadn’t heard that before. It didn’t stop the smile I gave him in return. Retaining strong moral fiber was difficult given the customers I had, the people I had met but remembering why I was in business was the notification ping I needed to stay on track. Dollar signs did wet my appetite but it wasn’t like I was going to be filing for bankruptcy if I suddenly went pro bono. While I was aware I had somewhat of a tendency to White Knight, I wasn’t in the game to become the Mother Theresa of Magical remedies either. The wealth that I searched for was the connection to others that might lead me to where I could discover the hidden. Find new and rare artifacts. Always making an effort to befriend everyone I met only opened up the possibilities. Respecting their will was a very big part of genuinely caring about a total stranger.

“My calendar is a bit tight..” That wasn’t a lie or me trying to toot my own horn either. Between Michelle, the Museum, launching my business properly in Index, trying to plan a party that was getting shoved down to the bottom of the list, serving clients and needing to investigate the Ley lines in the area, I was tapped out. “I’ve got openings in two weeks” Back into my phone as per usual I scrolled through my planner trying to work out what was more important. Helping Shane or studying more fire spells so I could sleep with Michelle.

He was so smooth. I didn’t believe it until he blushed. It was only slight but it was there. Actors and Actresses could learn how to cry on demand. Was Shane destined for Hollywood? Or was I just assuming he was faking because he was a Necromancer? This was why I hated dealing with them. My head just got on a roller-coaster I found hard to deal with. I knew, I bloody knew that I shouldn’t be sucked in by the love card. But I was. “Oh, well, now I feel like a dick for saying two weeks…I can, reschedule something, in a week?” The story about his travels laid the guilt on thick too.

“I remember what it was like to..” Anger came rushing back but I swallowed it down with the rest of my cappachino. “…see someone I thought was lost forever, money was worth nothing.” It didn’t turn out how it had been promised. Necromancers were scum.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics