setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open 2] Abracadabra

[Open 2] Abracadabra

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Open 2] Abracadabra

Malakai Greenmantle III | Warlock; Elementalist

Posted on Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:34 pm

Thread Details
Raining | 1pmish

My Fathers email was ingrained on the inside of my eyelids now, after hours of staring at it. I could remember it word for word. Reading through the attachments hadn’t even occurred to me. My attention was completely fixated on the fact I was heading into a Wolves playground on Friday night.

While energy levels in Index are reportedly high we are not aware of nor in contact with any large or significant covens. We would assume there are a number of solo practitioners and or small communities. Getting in contact with Edith Lewis the owner of Measures of Thyme Spice Shop and Café may reveal more information. Any of which we expect you to report back with for our records.
Both Vampires and Wolves own businesses in the area.

We are currently unaware of the individual who owns Poison Underground Lounge, as it is listed under a privately registered company but it is clearly for those of the fanged persuasion. The Supremacy also appear to have interest in the area at this moment, for what reason we are unaware. If you are enlightened as to their presence then we would relish the information, however we advise you not to broker business deals with any Vampires who appear to be in anyway related to this Organization.

One Shot Dive Bar is licensed to a Jim Broadside who is a member of the Pacific Pack. The Pacific Pack is one of the largest most widespread in America, reaching as far as Canada and California. However their Pack Master resides in Index. Wolf numbers have reportedly been decreasing in alarming numbers, though we don’t know why. Avoiding One Shot is in your best interests.

Activity suggests that Business will be affluent though you should also be cautious. Attached is what little information we have on The Supremacy and notable reported instances in Index. At your request I have also looked through the archives for myths, stories, and legends surrounding the area that fit your specific criteria.

Even though I hadn’t opened any of the attachments I did recall some of the titles.

The Supremacy
Fenthris the Moonwarden and Ollura the Dreamer
The Flying Men
She Who Watches

There was a tonne of reading in my future. First I needed to restock on herbs for some enchants that might help me on Friday night, if I managed to get myself into a troublesome situation. Valerian, Althea Root, Black Snakeroot, Stinging Nettle, Aloe, and the list went on. I hadn’t brought many with me when I moved, aside from a few hard to come by. Since the weather had taken a sharp turn for the worse I’d driven to Measures of Thyme pulling up almost directly outside in my car.

The shop reminded me of a cross between traditional Alice in Wonderland, and the light-hearted whimsical side of Tim Burton, mixed with a healthy dollop of Little Old Lady who Lived in a Shoe. Warm, Quirky, Kaleidoscopic and Homely. There was already someone at the front counter so I stood behind them tempted to take out my phone and take a few snapshots for Facebook.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open 2] Abracadabra

Shane Mathis | Warlock; Necromancer

Posted on Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:47 pm

It depends on the body, I said, my eyes fixed at the front entrance to the shop. I sat in my car, an anxious woman beside me. I should rephrase that. An anxious spirit.
”She doesn’t need to be pretty,” she said, pleading.
That isn’t all there is to it, Liv. Preferably he or she would be healthy, but without many ties or people who would miss them.
”He?” She didn’t sound happy, and that was my point.
Understand now? You’re going to have some preferences. We can talk later. I’ll be home around nine. I need you to go now, but thinking about what we’ve discussed. Maybe even browse the market, do some people watching. It doesn’t hurt to get an early start. It took months for my first case.
She reluctantly left, and I had a small feeling she wouldn’t be back. Some things didn’t change about people, even when they were dead. They didn’t want to bother with any work, and they wanted it all done for them for pennies. This was a business for me, not a charity. That’s what Liv had to realize.

I entered Measures of Thyme pleasantly surprised, not only by the aroma of whatever it was that was baking, but by the fact that the other patron in the store was more than an herb seeking hippie. I hadn’t ran into many more of my kind other than the store owner, and I couldn’t remember her name. At times I was inclined to think that she was wary of me, and it wouldn’t surprise me. I was no expert, but her magic was different than mine.

”Hey Shane.” How awkward was it that her daughter knew my name. Apparently she was college age, but she only looked about seventeen. I had at first thought she was unreasonably friendly to me, but I eventually saw that she was that way with a few of the others too. Probably other regulars. I nodded enough to acknowledge her while I skimmed the store for the display of “recipes” that I had seen the last time.
”Something I can help you find?” I guess my goal didn’t need to be a secret. It seemed an innocent enough request.
Actually there is. I started toward the recipes, really not knowing where else to start. That bond between a person and a particularly sharp-toothed creature. Can it be broken? It was someone’s mistake I’d like to fix.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:18 am

Eavesdropping was not an activity I liked to admit I participated in often. It was a tool that I carried about in an arsenal that helped me ascertain information on special locations or items of importance. Since I had been told that Measures of Thyme was owned by a witch I had expected there to be some legitimate practitioners. Unveiling them was always difficult as it wasn’t like we all walked about in pointed hats and robes. If I had the ability to see auras then the problem would be solved, but all I could tell is that there was energy in this café and it was mostly circulating around the man whose conversation I was about to inject myself into.

“Blood-doll? Depends on how long you want to wait. Burdock based cleansing potions will purge their blood of impurities but if they keep ingesting what you’re trying to flush it’s never going to work and even then it could take days of making them drink the stuff before it has an effect.” Potions were never my forte. I’d tried brewing a few of my own since my sister had a knack for it. Not a single one had achieved the desired effect. “If it’s not blood that’s the source of the issue then it’s going to be harder. Fastest way is to locate an Air Witch and get them to work some vibration rituals, most would probably suggest a Water Element user but in my experiences compulsion is more of an aura based energy disturbance.” I’d been acquainted with that kind of issue, more than half of my customers in some regions had been women and men suffering the after effects or continuous assaults from Vampires who didn’t know when to quit.

“All of that is pointless in the long run if they are exposed to the source constantly. What you need is something that holds fast against compulsion. You rinse away the damage that has been done and then ward against it happening again…I’m rude and I’m also Kai.” I warmly held out a hand in greeting to Shane, while glancing at the young store-girl giving her a wink. Making a friend who practiced and was legitimate was always on my internal mental to do list. Not only could they be affluent customers but sharing ideas and stories helped broaden my own abilities, not to mention theirs too.

Back to top Go down

Shane Mathis | Warlock; Necromancer

Posted on Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:09 pm

A one time thing if I have anything to do about it. She probably had some high end allies but if she continued to get in my way I would have to put her down. I couldn't give Lauren just any sack of organs. Which, on another note - did I like the guy eavesdropping? No, but with the valuable information I wasn't about to stop him. Something you've experience in, then? I stepped back now from the display and... I had already forgotten her name. It's definitely blood, I saw the exchange happen. Of course, like anyone purchasing anything, I didn't need to explain myself - but this was more about getting the right information. And he had a good point, it would be likely that Noelle or Ben would make another attempt, if their goal wasn't to turn her completely. They usually liked to have a trial run of their progenies first, and really I couldn't blame them. But Lauren... Sofia was off limits.

You have my attention, then, Kai. I'm Shane. Redhead excused herself with a polite smile, and for that I was grateful, not that I knew if I could trust Kai yet. Rude, maybe, but helpful, yes. I had no one in my inner circle. Disco had disappeared, which was exactly what I'd instructed him to do. If I questioned the spirits, they would lose their confidence in me, which is not what I wanted. But it would take a long bit of courting before I trusted anyone with any detailed information of my business. Not that I was sure I ever planned to give out detailed information. I wasn't an idiot.

Not to be forward but have you had lunch? I imagine there's a lot we could discuss and I always enjoy meeting others in the know. I glanced over to the cafe section of the store, complete with a chalkboard listing the daily special. Turkey and avocado, which wasn't steak, but it would do.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:00 am

There were few other things in the world that could get a smile as wide as the one I had on my face right now. My Father had been correct in his assumption that business would be booming in Index. First impressions were never to be taken seriously. Being rude had its benefits but I wasn’t going to elevate it to the level where I charged him for an instructional session on Vampire protection “The only other thing I have more knowledge in is ancient occult artifacts, both real and imaginary.” Shane was very, intense, was probably the correct word for it. Normally I wouldn’t get involved in the intricate details of the relationships that lead others to seek my assistance. ‘A one time thing if I have anything to do about it’ was a brutally passionate statement to make and it hadn’t slip past me unnoticed.

“It would probably take the length of lunch just to go through everything you could do to help your friend, so I think that’s our fate.” Since I’d had to deal with this particular problem often I could probably preach on for hours. With some intelligent steering however I could get Shane to purchase something from me that would do the trick. There was always the option of performing a ritual and it had been quite some time since I’d gotten the opportunity to do so with someone outside of my own coven. Taking a seat at a vacant table the furthest from the only other occupied seating I continued on, more interested in the issue than the coffee for now.

“Personally I find potions iffy unless of course the witch can claim to have a Cauldron of Transfiguration, sounds a bit Disney hack but they are real things.” As I’d said before, potions could take days and weeks to properly flush the system. They were sometimes as about effective as taking detox tablets from the local health store, unless of course brewed by a master craftsman. Of which I was not. “So many options….” I paused tapping a finger on my bottom lip, the fingers of my other hand drumming on the table top.

“This might be a touchy question to ask, given we just met, but it’s one that would dictate what’s off the menu…..how far gone is she? Is it going to require performing something without her knowledge?” Or against her will. Magick was a grey entity. It was the wielder that colored it black or white. If it was all in the interests of returning someone their own will, then I’d slide backwards into the dark if I had to. Would Shane was the question.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics