setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Don't Bless Me Father - Page 3

[Private] Don't Bless Me Father

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Don't Bless Me Father

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:05 am

My Grandmother had once said. That it wasn’t what you believed in that mattered but the fact you had faith. While I couldn’t get into the idea of this Priests God, I could feel the similarities. His life like mine revolved around doing the bidding of a higher power. “Prophecy is everything to me, without it…” I paused trying to see myself without a purpose. It was more painful that the thought of being forever alone. “My ancestors guide me, I trust in their judgement, my faith is probably stronger than yours Priest. I’ve given up Family, security, stability because they have told me to.” Onyx was right it was fucking crazy. To blindly follow. He didn’t fucking understand. Hearing their voices, speaking only to you. Directing your hand towards what was intended. While it may be a treacherous road and caused me to question their feelings towards me, I had to listen. I just fucking had to.

Suddenly feeling bonded to this Priest I turned completely towards the grated window, not to try and see the face I was speaking to, but to make the promise seem more, solid. “Sounds good Father, when the time comes when I can kick the Fanger Juice, you can show me your stuff.” None of the other wolves would ever have to know. I could raise my head in the presence of Ouray, Camille and Jonah without them having to see the depths I had to drop to, to accomplish it. Weakness could be lain at the feet of this collared man, who was probably bound by fucking God or some shit to forgive it. I could be terrified and no one who mattered would ever have to see.

I fucking hated people being sorry. It was a pitiful shit of a word and meant absolutely nothing. I was sorry for a lot of things but that didn’t fucking change them. It didn’t make it fucking okay that it happened. “Don’t be, pity just gives us all a way out of the shit things we do…I’ll own this, I’ll make amends, I just don’t intend for it to happen again.” Hurting them when I knew what I was doing was different. In the heat of battle, to defend myself or if it came to a point, where I had to accept that they were always going to hate me…it was different. Until then, I was going to take the role of junkie guardian angel. My halo might be busted as shit, my wings torn with feathers falling out all over the place, but I had a duty to uphold.

“I’m meant for great things.” This was a statement I wholeheartedly believed in. What I was meant to fucking do I didn’t know, but all of this couldn’t be for nothing. “My ancestors know what’s best for me, but they speak so fucking cryptically.” I almost wanted to tell him my prophecy. Which was fucking weird. Maybe the smell of cinnamon and coconut was rotting my brain. Or the church itself was causing me to lose my shit.

Looking down at my phone again I stared at what had first gotten me so upset when I’d entered the confessional. Fuck. Tears spray to my eyes and I blinked them through my eyelashes. “I’ll admit I don’t really understand love, and how to show it, what it looks like, but everything I do is for fucking love.” It was who and what was important that got me confused. Getting tugged this way and that. Every moment someone or something rose to the surface, caught my attention. Then there was always a constant which threatened all others. That was the selfish love and in the same breath, the most pure. “Just have to cross my fingers and wait for that moment that love and duty shake fucking hands, because right now, it’s one or the other.”

It was fucked but this had helped. I was aware of some things I hadn’t considered and having spoken my devotion to my ancestors aloud had somehow, made that feeling stronger. If only I could find a way to entwine that with what I wanted and needed too. “We’d be here all week if I continue and I have more than enough to think about.”

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Don't Bless Me Father

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:39 am

I would never take her devout faith away from her. No matter the being, I would never minimize or make their faith insignificant by comparison. I found myself relating to what she had said, in so many ways. But I was not God, I was just a man. I felt my faith was strong, but was hers stronger than mine? Was mine stronger than hers? It was not a competition, it was not something to win, it just was. And so bold, she had been, to claim her faith was stronger than mine, but she was not wrong in her statement because in faith, there was there was no wrong in the eyes of the faithful. She had just proven the strength of her God, or Gods, the strength of her faith. It was always a humbling and endearing experience to have the strengths of ones spirit expressed boldly and so absolutely. You are on an important path indeed. I spoke soft, but in my tone rooted itself into honesty and admiration, but more importantly acceptance.

And my assumptions were made a certainty at the sound of her voice on the other side. She was not ready to be free of what was binding her. No matter how much I wanted to help those in trouble, it was never easy to wait for them to be ready for help. Just as it was never easy to hear one in such hostility towards the idea of empathy from another. It was a lonely thing, not wanting to share in your burdens when there were so many that could help carry the weight of them. It was a fate that few could truly understand, and it saddened me truly and deeply. That is a wise start. I acknowledged, shedding my tone of it's sympathies and replacing it with encouragement.

Riddles of destiny... A title I had thought of many times. One that seemed more appropriate for her at this point in her life. But in riddles... Or cryptic messages... The importance of the journey to discovering it's meaning can be more meaningful than the answer itself. Words that could either mean something, or nothing, as with any words one chose to speak. Even more relevant was the truth of that if she was what I thought her to be. Her kind was unpredictable, complicated in their own way, and incredibly simple in others. That simplicity came through only a moment later. As love was not always something to be seen or understood. Sometimes it was just something to be, to feel.

When everything you do is for something you don't understand... I cannot think of a better definition for faith. She had put it beautifully, and in her own way, through her own troubles, as I hoped I had helped her, she had helped me take hold of something I'd since let go of. A memory. I wish you luck in that task... I paused, sensing her impending leave. I absolve you from your sins. In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit... I paused... lowering my tone... Amen. I refrained from recommending penance, I refrained from reciting a verse... I had a feeling it would not mean that much to her anyway.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics