setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open 2] Lovebite - Page 2

[Open 2] Lovebite

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open 2] Lovebite

Noelle Faye Benson | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:03 pm

As he spouted off his titles I raised my brows in intrigue until there was no higher they could go. I wouldn't say my reaction was authentic, not completely. A girl needed to choose when and how she showed interest. It wasn't about what you felt, it was about what you implied. Quite a mouthful. It was all just too strange, the more I heard, the more I questioned how well I knew my maker. This just didn't seem like her at all. It seemed my maker had a mysterious side, one filled with bad boy rendezvous. How embarrassing, I'm afraid I haven't heard. As I'm sure you can tell concerts and bands aren't really my style. But I do appreciate a man with an instrument, especially one that knows how to use it. I narrowed my eyes on his, not at all trying to hide the smirk on my face and all it implied.

A little flirtation with the eyes, exposing of the neck and raising of the shoulders for body language, and of course the suggestion behind otherwise innocent conversation. They were all key, and my interest was definitely growing. Perhaps a man opposite of Benjamin in every way would light a fire under his ass. Surely devoting time to someone so bold in every way would get is attention, and there was of course the added perk of Daron actually holding my attention. Of course that attention seemed to be a mental roller coaster ride of pleasure and pain as he had made a pattern of showing interest in me, only to follow up with distinct interest in my maker. How memorable was it exactly? I asked, the question sounding more of a statement than something that needed an answer. Dancing? Dinner? I imagine Gayle is the only one capable of distracting you from the fat townies stuffed into outdated gowns and suits, greasing the tips of their fingers with sausages on toothpicks while they boast about their children’s success and announce loudly in their intoxication how ''fancy'' the faux crystal chandelier and cheap champagne is. So surely it was memorable, every moment with her is, but even more when the surroundings are so bitterly unappealing. My last experience at the annual ice ball was bittersweet, but far too dramatic even for me. But it was true, Gayle was a bright light, one that would only glow brighter when compared to the dimmest of wits that populated this pathetic little town.

My eyes wandered the room like a child in a shop of peanut brittle. Enthused at the title of ''candy'', but not quite sure how sanitary and sweet it truly was. In all honesty, I was allergic to this particular brand of peanut, but surely I could put my fangs into something low rent for another night. Gayle's impending arrival had a tendency to remind me of the finer things. I often felt like a spoiled child, dining in expensive restaurants and shopping brand name by day, and escaping out my window to frat parties by night. Two sides of a coin, and I never knew which one would land face up on any given moment.

Truth be told, the man was charming, in his own way. And as much as I apparently disapproved of a mans charms, they had a way of catching my undivided attention. Unfortunately, I could not say the same for him. I wondered... If we fucked, would he go on mentioning my mother? I could see it now, him taking off my clothes with his teeth, only stopping to ask me what time mommy dearest would be entering town.

I blinked, trying to regain focus as my eyes scanned the room. My companion had disappeared for a moment, but I needed time to find exactly which flavor I wanted to taste. And to my complete surprise, our Sheriff had just entered the bar, I could feel the gust of wind from the door closing hitting the skin on my ankles as he stepped up to the bartender with a human on his arm. He was young, older than I but definitely not old enough to carry such a title. A temporary replacement. Something I only knew because I had taken it upon myself to rip the previous sheriff's heart from his chest. He carried his head high, feeling superior the rest of the bar goers as if that was some achievement in a place like this. I want her. I smiled, eyes turning to the side to look at the sheriff's pet. If you get her for me, I'll choose to view your bold advances as a compliment. And I promise you, you will be rewarded for such a gift. I'll even let you watch me unwrap her. Then you can tell me all about your plans. My fanged smile returned, and my eyes searched his face for an answer.

Back to top Go down

Daron Wynyard | Vampire; Young

Posted on Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:07 pm

Gayle in fact had not heard much in the way of my music either. What she would have listened to was recorded and it was a well-known fact amongst my fans that Laudanum concerts were the only thing that presented the music true. “That definitely calls for a live introduction. I’m afraid Gayle called dibs first.” I had offered a private performance, she had never really accepted but she had also never turned my offer down. It was that slightly open door that registered like a beckoning hand. The same could be said for the twist of Noelle’s lips. Baring my fangs briefly with a cocked eyebrow I left my comment about instruments for later. As tempted as I was to play with firecrackers there was the business of an announcement that had to be put into motion. I’d begun the planning stages having done the tedious leg work of locating a possible venue for what was going to be a night to remember.

Sounds like someone had a bad experience or was just terribly bitter than her maker had chosen to attend the event with someone outside her bloodline. Progenies had their charms but there was something to be said of the intoxication of another creature who wouldn’t bend at the knee with a mere command. Noelle and I had something in common, besides the obvious. I could see Gayle through her eyes easily. “Everything and more, but I regret that it wasn’t what I would have presented to her, fat townies and all.” She was worth so much more than that. I would give her the head of every blood bag in this town if given the opportunity. Her favorite progeny was tainting that image right now, mutating it into a serving platter not adorned with human skulls but with a naked smirking Noelle dripping with crimson. Perhaps Gayle would appreciate that gift as much as I would. Thought for later.

She was playing with me, I could tell, but it wasn’t a turn off, quite the opposite. Creating a fire intense enough to melt this ice queen was going to become a dangerous hobby. “I sense you’re going to make this a challenge.” I sneered playfully but watched her limitless blue eyes scan the crowd. At some point I was going to have to re-focus and concentrate on the matter at hand but she was making that terribly difficult. Every swan tilt of her neck had my fangs aching in my jaw.

Puzzle pieces sometimes fell into place. Following her glacial gaze I took in the man at the bar. It just so happened I knew that face. Nothing was going to stop the wicked smirk I fired at Noelle. Was it wrong to up the anti of a bet when you knew that cards were stacked against your opponent? I had insider information that said that man listened to Laudanum. He’d been at the few nights I had played at Poison years ago. “Gambling girl huh? Care to sweeten the pot and agree that if I make it so you don’t even have to give her back. That you’ll say yes to a question I’ll ask later. It will be PG I swear.” The girl on his arm was obviously a pet, better than I’d thought he’d been able to devour before. Killing someone else’s property wasn’t to be taken lightly. Even I wasn’t sure that his love for my music was going to sever his connection with a ripe blood-doll. “I’ll even get you another drink while am at it, man of many talents.”

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:20 pm

There was something so unappealing about taking my makers sloppy seconds. While I would happily come second in most situations where Gayle and myself were both involved, men in particular, was not something I thought I would ever need to come in second for. I never actually needed to come second in most situations, honestly. I'd never been forced to compete with her, and frankly, I disliked it. It wasn't like competing with Sofia for Ben's affections. He was my progeny which granted me the upper hand from the start, but I was also vastly superior to that girl in other ways. She was clearly as dumb as a box of rocks, desperately in need of some guidance on when and where it's okay to air your dirty laundry in public, she had a pretty face but frankly mine was better, and her personality was as interesting as a grapefruit. Gayle on the other hand... I could feel a knot in my stomach just thinking about competing with her, I had absolutely no interest in it.

So, I wouldn't. In fact, I was going to make an effort to ignore every mention of her name when compared with myself. And what would you have presented to her? Ironic, only moments after internally announcing my refusal to get mixed up in some twisted maker-progeny competition, I found myself completely sucked into the idea. What gifts are befitting royalty? I pondered aloud, tapping my chin with my finger as my eyes examined the ceiling, as if the answer was painted above our heads in blood. And that was when I had a glorious revelation. This was small talk, but if I could implant the idea in his little head, I could stir all kinds of drama for my own entertainment. The heart of an alpha wolf would be divine. A dinner party to present the gift would surely be well received. I'm sure my maker would be incredibly pleased. Despite knowing otherwise, I made sure to dangle the idea in front of his face long enough to implant it into his subconscious.

Of course I am. I smiled, mouth closed and shoulders shrugged sweetly at the thought. A challenge, was there anything else more appropriate for us to do than have fun? Unless of course you're not interested in playing games. In which case I'm sorry to inform you, you've chosen the wrong company for the evening. No man that looked as he looked could possibly be boring underneath it all. That would be too tragic for my unbeating heart to take. It was like receiving a gift in pretty wrapping paper only to discover the box contained cheap socks from Walmart. It was too disappointing, so I refused to believe it.

Oh my... I laced my fingers together beneath my chin with a wide grin and excited eyes. I knew he wasn't boring. You've got yourself a deal. And don't disappoint me with promises of PG. I narrowed my eyes, smile still spread across my face as I bit my lip in anticipation. How kind. - But don't be too selfless, get yourself something, or someone while you're at it. It felt lazy, but wasn't that the point of being pampered?

Back to top Go down

Daron Wynyard | Vampire; Young

Posted on Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:01 am

Humans often spoke about Soulmates like the concept was an actual proven truth. Time hadn’t completely decayed my sense of whimsy but I would never go as far as to say anyone was made from the same shroud as another. Noelle had however somehow come to dance on the same power cable connected to my…instrument. A dinner party was not what I would call my vision but it was close enough. It was due to this that her suggestion adhered itself to my memory. My experiences with Wolves were minimal. My late Marketing Manager Veronica had been careful about booking venues that might be owned by Moonslaves. Dogs owning businesses. What a complete fuckshow. Who would trust their drinks to be served by a common household pet?

With a sinful grin I turned back towards the bar now having the fuel needed to slip on some horns. “A martini for the lady and I’ll take an Absinthe.” I made sure I was standing close to my target when I addressed the bartender, meeting his eyes as he turned towards my voice. “Daron? Daron Wynyard?” Letting a smirk spasm the corner of my mouth I nodded, stifling a snigger at the look of wonder on his face. “You’re back? Where have you been? Holy shit wait till Astrid hears about this. You gonna be playing here?” The minion pouring drinks seemed to be soaking in the conversation, his gaze flicking from my face to my fans. “Not anytime soon, I’m more focused on an exclusive event in my future.” That bone immediately made him salivate before my very eyes. Tempting groupies was easier that draining a drunk girl. “Well, you’ll have to invite me then, I’m sheriff of these parts now.”

I almost choked on the mouthful of Absinthe I’d taken as the Bartender pushed the drinks towards me. Sheriff. Now that was an interesting thought. Holding a title had never occurred to me before, but if this chump could be granted one…..”I’m being unreasonably restrictive actually, so an invite is going to cost you.” He looked rather enraged at this statement taking a swig of the dark glass bottle in his hand, probably to swallow his pride. “How much?” Jackpot. “Just this lovely creature here.” I reached out and turned a lock of her hair in my fingers. Silky smooth, just as I suspected Noelle had exceptional taste. She’d also sent me into the lion’s den. The minx obviously had known his ranking. “I do have some business to deal with…” He was uncertain which I had been expecting. Now that I knew he was an official of the region I wasn’t going to push my luck and state my intentions to put his toy out of commission. Didn’t want to ruin my evening by getting into a brawl with an idiot. “…for a few hours sure, I’ll trust you Daron.” Hated it when plebs used my name when they didn’t even know me from the next Vampire. As if saying it allowed would instantly bond them to me.

A satisfied smirk on my face I wrapped an arm around his pet’s waist after placing both Martini and Absinthe in her hand to carry. Ushering her towards the private rooms in the back I curled a finger, beckoning Noelle to follow. Finding myself something to devour was very much an afterthought selecting a girl with ink black hair and pale skin. My head was clearly hexed by my present company. While she was a poor mirror, the resemblance was obvious. Enthralling her with intense glare of compulsion I firmly pushed both the now docile mortal doppleganger and Noelle’s dessert into the room. “What would I have presented to her?” I dug up the previous strain of conversation. “A party like no other in the history of this town, where she is the guest of honor, a welcoming befitting a Queen.” I would spare no expense. There was no concern of money running out now that I had a wealthy benefactor injecting my already ample veins with old money.

“And Noelle, I can’t do it without you.” Now she would have to say yes to something I had decided upon when I had first seen her walk through the doors. Everything else she could decline, but it would be no fun if she did. “You know Gayle better than anyone I imagine.” I removed the Martini from the Blood-dolls hand and presented it to Noelle suggestively growling the next three words. “I need you”

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:02 pm

I watched closely. I didn't listen, not that I could filter out a single conversation through the chatter anyway. The conversation appeared to be going smoother than I had hoped. I wasn't hoping for a fight, I wasn't the kind of trash that got her panties wet over instigating a fight between two men. But I was hoping for more of a challenge. And as Daron slipped the Sheriff's human companion off in the opposite direction I found myself smiling from ear to ear. So his charms did extend beyond the female sex. And how lucky was I? To find myself in yet another convenient situation, in the good graces of another man of power. I had yet to figure out what Shane could do for me, but this one... I knew exactly how I could use him to my benefit.

I raised a brow, taking my time to straighten out my appearance before allowing myself to be lured in by the motion of his finger. A party? I replied, tone dripping in intrigue. Extravagant, I hope? Nothing screamed pathetic quite like red plastic cups and paper hats to welcome home an ancient. Not that I would expect something quite so low rent from a man of this apparent caliber. He did claim to be a musician, however. In my experience their standards could fluctuate as often as my own. They were moody little things. What a tempting idea... Gayle was busy, this I knew. And while I knew the current situation was of dire importance, I was never one to turn down a gathering. Gayle in her recent solitude needed a reminder of those who needed, wanted, and supported her. Maybe this would convince her that staying was more important than cutting herself off from those who helped build her up.

I slipped into the room, my fingers lacing through my humans hair as my other hand lightly pushed at her back, leading her to a chair in the corner. And I gave her face a stroke with the back of my fingers as I told her to stay, no compulsion of course, it wasn't necessary. You need me. I echoed, not questioning, not expecting any words in return. I just wanted to keep the words in the air a bit longer as I took my glass from his hands and gently swirled the liquid around in circles. But do I need you? I asked, tilting my head in curiosity. What benefit is it to me? I asked, smiling of course. He may have been charming, but charm didn't warrant such a favor. Why wouldn't I plan the event without you? What would stop me from stealing this little idea of yours and doing it by myself? The credit could be mine and mine alone, and I so dread the idea of sharing. I took a sip from my glass, eyeing him as I pulled it away from my lips and placed it onto a nearby surface.

Unless of course... I grabbed his meal by the wrist and pulled her in front of me, her back against me, and body the only thing filling the space between Daron and myself. The poor human substitute for the real thing. If he only knew the irony. You want to owe me a favor? I ran my fingers over her shoulders and gently moved all of her hair to one hand. Using my grip on her hair I pulled her head to one side, exposing the skin on her neck. We could drink on it. I spoke quietly, eyes narrowing on his as I dangled the bait.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics