setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open 1] The dating/waiting game - Page 3

[Open 1] The dating/waiting game

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open 1] The dating/waiting game

Logan Milo Byrne | Human; Citizen

Posted on Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:49 pm

Just like that, in an instant, any hope I had for Shane returning to the guy I knew was gone. It was what he'd said, despite his persistent efforts to tell me I meant no more to him than a squashed insect, it wasn't that, it wasn't his blatant and blunt explanations of our lack of a friendship that killed him for me. It was his comment about humans. The man was off his fucking rocker. And not in the cool 'I need to save this guy because he's nuts' kinda way either. There was simply nothing left of him to be saved...

My eyes shot to Claire briefly, but like a magnet, they landed right back on Shane. I knew what she was saying was the right thing to do, and really, I wanted to get her out of here. Seeing how dark Shane had become meant I wanted her to have nothing to do with him. I'm not a spider dude. I'm a fucking person. Just because you went all evil Merlin doesn't mean you're any better than the rest of us Shane. I emphasized his name with as much contempt as I could manage without bursting in anger and pulling a Vincent, flipping the table for effect.

Claire... Eva... Whoever she was... I just didn't understand her. I couldn't tell if she was playing dumb to keep up her new life, or if she genuinely didn't remember. Either way, it stung nearly as much as Shane's betrayal. It was always nice to know those you cared about thought you meant nothing, or thought you meant nothing so deeply, they could absolutely forget about the important moments you shared. And yeah, maybe that was lame, maybe that was I don't know, girly but as I'd said; I actually cared about the relationships I kept.

I glared, looking at her like she was as complicated as a rubiks cube with a hundred sides. Which, she was. But that didn't mean I wanted to torture her like this forever. Shit, as much as I hated that she'd forgotten about us and what we created, maybe I was just jealous. At this point, I would have probably given up my left testicle just to have that ability.

At the sound of her name I didn't even catch on at first. I was too absorbed in Claire's pain to even put a face to the name, or to even think about the name at all. But then it hit me, Michelle. It was funny, as angry as I'd been, that wasn't the emotion that set me off. That wasn't the emotion that transformed me into a pathetic clone of my cousin. No, it was just the feeling of being overwhelmed. Claire's visible emotions only adding fuel to the fire. I was steaming.

I stood up to bring myself to his level, trying to form what I was feeling into words but failing. And that was it, I lost it. Before I even knew what I was doing I was marching in his direction and swinging my fist against the side of his face. I shook my hand, thankful for the pain in my knuckles because at this point, if people weren't watching the play from hell, they sure as shit were now. Claire, I don't know what I am to you, what I mean to you, I just don't know. But what I do know, is right now, I'm better for you than this guy. You can stay, but if you stay, I stay, and I don't want anything more than to leave this place right now and never see his face again, so I'm hoping you'll go too and save me from the torture of even sharing the air he breathes. I extended my hand and waited, hoping she would take it before the scrawny guy in the apron behind her tried to force me out.

Back to top Go down

Claire Trevino

Re: [Open 1] The dating/waiting game

Claire Trevino | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:15 pm

A dam had broken. A dam I had worked so hard to fortify, solidify. Not only did I remember so much, I remembered how I’d felt every other time I had remembered. All of it was pain. All of it. It was all toxic and it cemented further the fact that I’d never felt truly comfortable in my own skin. But it wasn’t even my own skin, was it? I could feel his anger toward me just as much as Shane, which not only confused me, but honestly it infuriated me. What? What, Logan? Do you think I have a fucking manual to tell me how to deal with this? I cupped my mouth over my lips, not at my swear but my outburst in general. He was hurt by all of it, and clearly neither of us had any way of knowing how we should feel about this.

But it didn’t matter, Shane had obviously stolen the show, and before I knew it Logan’s fist was in Shane’s face. I winced, but that didn’t mean I disapproved. My eyes were on Shane, but my ears were listening to Logan’s words, and very thankful for the escape route. I took his hand. Don’t worry, I’m done here, I said, but my eyes were still glaring at Shane. As fucked up as it was, I could see a huge smile even as he clutched his cheek. I finally turned away, stood up, and followed Logan out of the restaurant.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics