setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open 1] The dating/waiting game

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Claire Trevino

Claire Trevino | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:16 pm

Thread Details
Cheddar's (restaurant) | Drizzle, but warm | Dinner time

Outfit. Hair. Thread is open but please wait for second character to post ;)

Are you sure you don't mind the wait? I asked him. He was exceedingly patient about it, even though he'd mentioned that he hadn't eaten a thing all day. He'd offered somewhere more expensive, and even though we weren't going Dutch or anything I didn't want anything too extravagant. Twenty bucks wasn't a lot to him, but it sure was to me. Especially for one meal. So even if he made more, it still meant that much to me. Our original plan was to go somewhere more expensive, some stuck up place in Owl Heights, but I was against it. Even if I was willing to let him pay, I would be quite embarrassed as I wasn't sure if I'd even be able to read the menu.

"Not at all, this place is a lot nicer than I thought it would be." Funny, wasn't it? He didn't seem to me like someone who would be a food snob. I mean it wasn't that he was dingy or anything... he just seemed a bit.. alternative. Don't judge a book by it's cover, I guess, right? At the very least, there were no crying babies waiting, even if the the lobby was mostly full. But it was a popular place, and they at least knew to have plenty of seating. I sat on a bench made for three, in the middle, my date on the right and an empty seat to the left. No one dining alone, apparently, everyone else already with their groups, so I at least had plenty of space - not that we needed it but I never minded to have that bubble.

"So you really got this semester paid for with your winnings?"
I think so, I mean there's still the books, I mean it's not like I can completely support myself without a job. But at least when I'm finished I won't be completely drowning in debt.
"I still wish you would let me help you."

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open 1] The dating/waiting game

Shane Mathis | Warlock; Necromancer

Posted on Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:27 pm

I don't know how I'd expected to get anything from Michelle. She didn't understand any of what was happening when the original musical bodies went down. And the second time, with Jude, well, all I could get from her was "I just held on." I just needed pointers, things to tell my clients. I needed to know what it was like in the middle of the swaps so I could give directions. And I felt like it was possible I was missing out on other information. Besides, these ladies were my pioneers, they were my inspiration. It couldn't hurt to keep them close, right?

"No, no, Shane, I've got it. Can we not talk about money?"
Sorry, love.I smiled, realizing I could do much worse. Despite her strange hobbies that involved her hanging around lots of middle aged men, she was much... cleaner than Michelle, friendlier too. More predictable and I meant that in a good way. I looked down at the buzzer disk in my hand, frowning because it still wasn't flashing. I simply put my arm around Claire and pulled her closer to me. God, I loved her scent too. The perfume she wore, and the smell of her. I almost felt guilty about the thought I had next - that if there was no chance of getting my Lauren back, there was a possibility I could be happy with this one.

I could swear we were here before those two, I grumbled.
"They were just smart enough to call in, we'll remember next time."

Back to top Go down

Logan Milo Byrne | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:46 pm

I rolled up into the parking lot, shut off the engine, and got out the door as if there was nothing weird about this. Really there wasn't... Aside from the whole... Sacrificing a goat thing, making me drink the goats blood, and puking out ectoplasm, I fucking E, Judes leech of a soul, everything was pretty fucking normal. Maybe that wasn't exactly how it went down, but the whole experience was very... Horror flick, and without the canon fodder hotties in torn up clothes and breasts on display while they scream and run from the big evil either. Bummer.

Vin didn't know I was back yet, man I could see the look on his face now. Rolling up with my car no longer in the driveway. He'd probably shit a brick. Yanno, if he wasn't such a tight ass. Either way I needed some big grand entrance, maybe a party, so he couldn't bitch at me for not keeping in touch. Yeah that sounded perfect, actually. But for now I wanted me some red meat, and some pink meat too but the hunt for women would be a lot easier at this party I had just decided to throw.

I let out a cough as I reached for the door, still feeling like that goop was in the back of my throat. It'd been like that for days. But other than the smokers cough I was feelin' pretty damn fly. I got some new threads, cash in my wallet, and I was a free man. Fuck you'd think I just got outta prison.

When I stepped inside I started slipping off my jacket, as I folded it over my arm I took a look around. The greeter chick started walking in my direction and I opened my mouth to speak but she moved right on by. ''Just two today?'' I leaned over to get a good look, and to my surprise and absolute disgust there were two faces I definitely didn't expect to see, not together anyway. I cleared my throat and took a step to the left, Three, actually. I flashed the greeter chick a smile so wide she could make her self a grilled cheese with all of the cheese coming off of it. Without moving my body at all, I spun my head in the direction of the two. Claire. I nodded, Shane. I nodded again. How long has it been?

Back to top Go down

Shane Mathis | Warlock; Necromancer

Posted on Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:36 pm

Finally - movement. Some of it was hunger - some of it was that it felt incredibly wasteful to spend any amount of time just.. waiting. Maybe it made me restless, but lately I hadn't been the kind of person who was able to "idle". If idle hands were the devil's workshop, he was extremely inefficient. I stood up, arm wrapped snugly against Claire's back, but my posture changed, everything about me changed when I heard the voice. My head jerked to match the voice with the face.

Sure it isn't four? I muttered under my breath. But that was a good question, wasn't it? My head tilted sharply but only slightly to the side, as if I was listening for a faint sound. Something was... or something wasn't? Almost... a wall. What had this moron done? Sure, sure, my first experiment hadn't gone exactly as planned, but he didn't know what he was playing with. You didn't take a goddamn Mercedes to a fucking Toyota garage to have the brakes changed. All he had to do was ask - and come up with a formidable sum of cash. But this was his literal body and soul, right? I would consider that inelastic demand. Or at least that's how I factored it into my business model.

Logan! Old friend! Certainly wasn't expecting you here. By all means, Claire and I would love to have you for dinner.
And that came the other... mmmm I wouldn't say problem. But yes, this certainly was a head start to my plans. I had needed to establish a certain dialogue with Claire. Trust was not the word I was looking for - but I needed for her to certainly be open to what I had to say. For the pure... trixter in me, sure, it would be fun to drop the bomb on both of them here and now. It would just cost me much in my research. This would have to be played by ear.

"You two... know each other? I guess I shouldn't be so surprised," Claire spoke, now walking toward the table, although I had caught a certain nuance in her voice. Just what had she picked up on? Personally I thought us boys had been perfectly behaved, not letting a sliver of our tension through. Or maybe the issue was her own strange relationship with Logan. No matter how this went, dinner would certainly be worth the wait and quite entertaining. Reaching the table, I pulled a chair for Claire and took my own. Everyone always asked for a booth, but I certainly wasn't going to get the full view of the show in a booth. I suppose there's a reason I haven't told you much about my days on the fire department. This fella got me in more than a little trouble with the ladies. The menus were placed in front of us, and the server spoke, "Can I take your drink orders while you browse the menu?"

Sam Adams.

Back to top Go down

Logan Milo Byrne | Human; Citizen

Posted on Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:15 pm

Humor stuck with me, through and through, but right now every joke I could imagine to make this current situation less awkward was just a painful and sarcastic jab at both of them. Jokes at my expense were funny at parties, jokes anyone else's expense were just cheap humor in a situation like this. People were intuitive fucking creatures. Unless you spent your life mastering the technique of a really fucking believable lie, most likely people could sense whether your intentions were good or bad. And this entire situation felt awkward and uncomfortable. Whether that was my fault, her fault, or his fault, I didn't know. But someone here had bad intentions, I could practically fucking smell it. I just didn't know of the odor was coming from myself or not. Only time would tell.

I smiled and nodded, my butt cheeks clenched tight, as if a fart would blow my cover and let all my deepest internal turmoil lay bare in front of both of them. But that got me thinking, would that be so bad? I was never good at the 'pretend everything's okay' shit. And honestly, I wanted to know if Claire was in on this shit or if she was just a victim all over again. I didn't care about playing hero, but I believed in a fair fight. That mixed with the bitter taste of betrayal from a once good friend was a cocktail made for disaster.

I sat down, ignoring both while I waited for us to be left alone, and opened up my menu to have a look. Water for me. I muttered from behind my menu, staring at the words and reading them just fine, but too distracted by other shit to actually pay attention to what I was seeing.

I started to laugh at Shane's comment, a delayed reaction, but a reaction. Man do we have stories... I smiled, eyes darting between the both of them. There was this one time, Claire... I started, finger pointing at Shane but eyes on hers. When this guy, I interrupted myself with my own laughter, slapping my knee as I leaned back in my chair and pinched the bridge of my nose to regain my composure. So I had this trip I was taking, you remember that place Shane? The one we never went to, the uh... I snapped my fingers as I tried to 'remember' the place I was thinking of. Not the point, anyway it was this island. Now I had planned to go there to drop off a package, right? But this fuckin' guy... I started to laugh again. He'd tampered with that package, I guess you could say? Whatever, long story short. I still had a smile on my face as I scooted my chair in and planted both elbows onto the table. He had conspired with the guy that put you into your current body. Yanno, the one that ripped you from the life you knew before, and he's the reason why I've been walking around, and here's the irony, it's the real kicker... I leaned in, This old friend of mine, he's the reason I've been inhabited by the same bat shit crazy warlock spirit that 'helped' you with your similar situation! I mean the parallels alone warrant a good laugh, but the years of friendship that went down the drain as a result, that's where the real comedy is. At this point I wasn't smiling, I was staring Shane right in his eyes hoping for some kind of redeemable reaction.

Just as I thought, nothing.

Unless of course I'm wrong? It's been so hard to decipher the crazy babbling in my head from that hippie fuck, but I think I got it? Maybe you can chime in and clear it up for me?

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics