setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open 2] Hello from Above - Page 5

[Open 2] Hello from Above

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open 2] Hello from Above

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:33 pm

How the hell was it so warm in here, anyway when it wasn’t even all that warm outside? It wasn’t cold, but for fucks’ sake, I was beginning to get embarrassed as I wiped small beads of sweat finally beginning to form on my forehead. Only in mid summer was this room just absolutely… stuffy like this. Finally, I removed my hat and placed it on the shelf next to me, exposing slightly frizzy hat hair. Perfect. I ran my fingers through it and closer to my scalp I could feel the moisture forming.

A bodyguard, huh? You offering? A smirk accompanied by a few dangerous thoughts, nothing too cliche but for fucks’ sake we girls loved our scenarios, didn’t we? I looked up to him, smug grin on my face, doing that thing I always did with guys who were tall and slightly intimidating to me - the female version of the Napoleon complex. The fact that I’m still alive I think proves that I can handle my own. But if you want to find out what I’m made of then maybe we should.. Spar sometime. Was it the fucking heat, the sweat I could see on his forehead, surely it wasn’t the fact that it actually had been a decent while since I’d shared a bed with someone. But I was rarely desperate. There was just something that I could see.. Maybe in the way he saw me. Something about the fact that I could tell him about the real shit that happened to me and for fucking once I might be believed.

By something else I didn’t necessarily mean that you were definitely supernatural, but now you have certainly confirmed the fact for me. Maybe, just maybe, a part of me wanted to reply this scenario after I’d known him better. A scenario where the store was closed and Paul and Kai’s friends weren’t just across the door. Or maybe the latter fact made it even more… thrilling.

I stopped, starting at an attempt to at least save the fun for his party or whatever, once again pushing my fingers through my now slick roots but I practically fell back once I heard the whoosh of a flame that appeared once he removed his sweater, and in an instant, the sweater became charred ash on the floor. What the actual fuck had just happened? My heart was pounding, and my eyes were fixed on his. Wide, they were, but completely lacking fear. Maybe even the corner of my mouth was flipped into a smile, even moreso when the sprinklers turned on. No fucking kidding. I paused, the idea that the water might ruin some of my merch completely the last thing on my mind - or the fact that the fire department would probably be showing up. Well, hello there, Satan. I’ve heard some rumors about you. Now I was in a full on grin, and at this point I realized he must think I was a fucking basket case to be excited about this, but I didn’t care. Maybe I was just glad he didn’t burn my store to the ground. Maybe I was just appreciating the view of the male version of a wet t-shirt contest.

Back to top Go down

Malakai Greenmantle III | Warlock; Elementalist

Posted on Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:47 pm

I was in fact offering. In my head I was making excuses as to why. Yes, I was intensely interested in this potential object she had. Though I had invented that idea based on one lone passing comment. Yes, she was presenting herself as a font of information about Index and it’s Supernatural culture. However I could wait till my obligatory email from Father arrived which would give me some guidelines to work from myself. Yes, Michelle was beautiful and obviously interested in me. I’d never before been attracted to women who potentially only wanted me for my magical abilities. Well, maybe once or twice. In actual fact as much as I could attempt to explain my deep interest in her. I couldn’t. I actually didn’t want to know. The mystery was enough to make me drunk.

A grin reflecting hers appeared and I tilted my head curiously. “You don’t even know what you’re up against but yes, I am offering to watch out for you.” Humans regardless of magical objects needed to be treated with care. While others didn’t see themselves as guardians, I did. Most were too fixated on their own…pack issues, or coven trials and the vampires, well it went without saying they didn’t offer mercy when dealing with mortals.

My brow furrowed for the briefest of moments with her next comment. One that I felt was also going to stick with me. Not as blatantly engraved as the opportunity of an artifact but important non the less. What else could she possibly think there was out there, different from a Supernatural? Everything about this day was going to keep me awake all night.

With water completely drenching the room I felt some relief. Steam lifted off my skin, liquid cooling the fire based energy that I’d been struggling to use. I’d experience emotion based phenomena before but never before had I felt I was losing a battle with it. This woman was practically gasoline in human form. There were no words to explain what had just happened my face immediately had adopted a sheepish expression, edged with extreme cringe. That was all dispelled with her words. Snorting I rubbed both hands through my hair. I had thought a heated room had been making this tense, seeing water dripping off the skin that had caught my eye when I’d first met her, was possibly even worse. “And they’re all true.” Giving her a wicked smirk I’d decided once again I was going to kiss her.

Then the door opened again.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:44 pm

Simply put, I didn’t want to be watched over. I treasured the weird encounter with the vampire, I treasured the memory of my evening with Vin, even if I thought it a bad idea to repeat either. How many things would I miss if I had a goddamn babysitter? But, what I had just seen, felt, experienced, had me hoping that he would be my next risk. I shook my head, still grinning, the corners of my lips almost aching, That’s no fun.Here I was hoping you had a dangerous streak to you.

But my hopes were granted, and I now stood staring at him trying to figure out exactly what was happening - but his quick response to mine had almost dissipated any restraint I had. Fuck, I’d just met him, but there was definitely something about him, about us. He’d seemed to zero in on me, and shit, maybe he did that with anything that had tits and a hole between her legs but I had a feeling that wasn’t the case. And yeah, I had my fun but I didn’t literally hop on every dick I saw, and so what if I did. I found it difficult to take my eyes from his, seriously hoping this all-but stranger would make a move when the door opened again.

When I reluctantly looked toward the noise, I found a very wide-eyed Paul, eyes darting back and forth from us to the rest of the room where it was still basically raining. ”What the fuck did you guys do?!” His reaction was actually fucking priceless, his eyes open so wide they could practically fall out of his head, and he attempted to say something else, but nothing came out.

Yeah uh… The plugin with the uh.. The thing, the uh.. Stereo, it uh, I think it shorted. I wasn’t sure if he heard me, much less believed me. It’s fine, it’s fine. Will you uh.. Call the fire department and see if you can stop them from coming?

My hair clung to my face and I pushed it away, while shooting a knowing grin to Kai. So um, there’s a back door if you want to avoid explaining this to your friends. I.. need a change of clothes.

Back to top Go down

Malakai Greenmantle III | Warlock; Elementalist

Posted on Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:06 pm

Geneva, my elder sister would definitely screw her face up in puzzlement at that statement. Every Magick family has a lunatic, you’re ours. She believed I was reckless and needed a lesson in caution. From her perspective, having witnessed years of her little brother finding himself in dire circumstances due to being flippant with strangers, she had grounds to believe I needed a babysitter. I wasn’t an Adrenalin danger junkie. I had no illusions that I was some beacon for the big bad or that I channeled James Dean. It just came with the territory. Dealing with Supernatural creatures and their disputes with one another, the way that bled into human’s lives, there was nothing safe about it. “Wouldn’t say I go looking for danger, but stick with me and it’s bound to come knocking.” The same could be said for her. “You know, being Satan and all.” Giving her a cheeky grin I was now seeing myself through Geneva’s eyes. Perhaps the longer I stayed in business, the more I was beginning to gravitate towards signs of chaos. That thought was yet another puzzle piece that might explain why I was so attracted to Michelle. Not that I was assembling all the fragments.

The sense of peril I felt in the back of my mind wasn’t necessarily generated by her. Auras produced energy even if I couldn’t see them. That pulse was something I could feel but I’d been so distracted by Michelle I had been ignoring it. See? She was a bad influence and yet I didn’t care. In fact I liked it. Without a crowd I could usually assign an energy signature to a person. With only myself, Michelle and Paul, her co-worker, in the room, I knew where the alarm bells were coming from. Did Michelle know? Should I tell her? Was it even my place to do so? He seemed jovial and friendly. There was no need to be concerned about him as an individual really. Glancing sideways at Paul, I knew he knew what I was too. “Random acts of weirdness, I expect you guys get that a lot here in Index…or so I’ve been told.”

Eager to remove myself from Paul’s presence and remain in Michelle’s I nodded in agreement about the backdoor. The more I lingered around her, the less I wanted to leave. Navi was shrieking like a banshee in my back pocket letting me know that Dom and Will were losing their wigs, and that my water resistant phone case had worked like a charm. Was a shame I couldn’t dual overlap enchantments or I wouldn’t need the very expensive cover. Indestructible had come in handy more times than I could count.

“Do you live nearby?” Pushing open the door the air outside instantly made me very aware of my wet clothing. I didn’t need to be any more aware of Michelle’s. Controlling my eyes that kept dragging down to admire how her dress now clung to her hips in a way that made me want to run my hands over them, was an effort of grand proportions. “My sister would not be impressed that her Christmas present just got burnt to a cinder.” Having Michelle think I was some kind of demon wasn’t ideal but at least I didn’t have to run damage control.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:33 am

A minor and petty difference - I did go looking; and if it gravitated toward him, who was he to bogart all the fun? Okay, so, I’m not supposed to put myself in these situations. I should resign myself to Bennigan’s instead of One Shot, watching werewolves and vampires on Netflix instead of real life, but why would you watch a video of a rollercoaster if the real thing was sitting there in your backyard? Besides, Kai was charming as fuck. And I was beginning to realize that I was a shameless attention whore. I was trying to fight the goofy grin on my lips but I knew my eyes couldn’t hide it. I really hope you’re not trying to discourage me. It was obvious that he wasn’t, I mean I’d made it pretty clear that I’d all but actively sought out people like him.

Okay, now I was confused, or curious, or, well I don’t know. Maybe I was reading too much into it, but I stood there, and even the fact that I was cold as fuck now was taking the backburner to what was happening around me. Were Paul and Kai giving each other a look? Paul’s lips were pursed and his expression toward Kai was now - well I wouldn’t call it unfriendly. But he almost looked like a protective brother, trying to read Kai. No, that was wrong, because now I was getting the same look. Was he like, analyzing me? Now he nodded, lips pursed slightly. ”You could say that. I’m.. I’m going to head back to the store. No promises about your friends. Don’t think they’re buying what I’m selling, Shells.” I had thought I understood Paul, but he just seemed a little strange, as if he knew something was up, but could he even understand any part of what Kai meant? Did he know something I didn’t know he knew? Screw it. Either way, I had to appreciate the fact that he was at least a gentleman. I think he’d been attempting to hint that the guys didn’t want to buy something from a dude, they wanted to buy it from the now water-soaked chick. But I wasn’t giving in, especially when I could tell Kai wasn’t either.

Yeah, actually just down the block. I said, now easily following him now that Paul was back out on the floor for me. I was in no mind to deal with any damage done in the backroom. She doesn’t have to know, does she? The outside air hit me like a freight train. Although I was still really fucking confused about what had just happened, I’d assumed the warmth in the room had come from Kai, but I was so unsure about anything currently that I wasn’t going to say it. I crossed my arms and turned so that I was facing him, shaking my head with a slight, toothless smile. I looked at my car parked in the back lot, God, at least I didn’t walk today. You uh, you warm? Because I’m gonna go turn some heat on.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics