setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open 2] Hello from Above - Page 4

[Open 2] Hello from Above

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open 2] Hello from Above

Malakai Greenmantle III | Warlock; Elementalist

Posted on Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:44 am

Fire governs passion, intensity, desire, intuition, understanding, imagination, and possibilities. If I had The Avow on me and they functioned while looking into a mirror, I knew they would reveal the flame of my aura was raging. The Avow, a pair of unassuming wire glasses, exposed the intricacies of Aura’s to the wearer. I’d only heard descriptions of my own from the mouths of others. A part of me had always wanted to give them to a human, just to hear from someone who didn’t understand what the colors and shapes represented, what they saw. Fire could consume everything in its path so I always had to find a balance using the Earth element to ground myself. Michelle appealed ridiculously to the flames I had always found trying to master. Fire has no boundaries.

“They aren’t important right now.” We were in some semblance of break/stockroom. I shut the door behind her leaning up against it for a moment trying to erect some form of Earthen capsule around the fire which was leading me astray. The now blatant flirting was really fanning the flames which had already been lit by the idea that she was someone who could ease me into transition, who knew more than even my own friends did about the real world. “How is you know about Vampires and Wolves Michelle?” I needed to know now. Being upfront and blunt was the only way.

Her answer wasn’t going to change whether or not I decided to turn up to our date, just how many walls I would have to build around myself beforehand. Being a warlock didn’t mean I couldn’t have human friends but I did experience loneliness being separated from my Coven, from other Magick users. I’d never told a human what I was before. Never needed to, wanted to. Navi burbled again in the back pocket of my pants and I slapped a hand over it to muffle the sound. “I’m not some weirdo looking to be turned, I just have an interest in those who have abilities beyond the average person.”

My message alert sounded out once more. “Shut the hell up Navi.” I laughed running an exasperated hand through my hair. I could switch my phone off but I’d rather eat a bag of guitar picks. Will was probably going to spam my phone while walking round. Following the sound like breadcrumbs. “I’ve played a fair amount of Ocarina of Time, The Fairy Ocarina is for the most part an actual instrument.” Not quite in the way it was in the game of course. The pixel version was the faster way to learn non-teleportation songs. The real version, which existed under the same title was different.

Back to top Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:24 pm

Attraction or curiosity? Things felt.. strange in a sense. I'd had dudes hit on me before, and it always took way more than a hot minute for me to believe it was more than some weird prank. I always tried to cautiously talk myself into believing I was reading too far into their hints when it was like a glowing neon sign. But this was different. There was this strange sense of urgency to it. No "here's my number, let's go out saturday" and out we go. And then it sort of.. came to light. I wasn't let down, I just had the answer I finally wanted.

Well, I know it's uh, no bueno to mention the ex, but a few halloweens ago I saw the ex turn into a wolf. That was really just the beginning.

So I was maybe selfish. I wanted to be the one asking questions, not answering them. If you were relying on me as a source of information, then you're screwed. I wanted to know more about Shane, but fuck, I felt incredibly wary of him and with good reason. So I was staying away. I'd seen what he had done to the vampires he'd "employed". Rarely did they make it out alive. Which, was part of the allure for me. I was stronger about it now, whether I understood the meaning or not. And in that strength I stayed away from Shane, Poison, and to an extent, Vincent.

Then we share more than a few common interests. From this room I could hear a car pull into the back lot, likely Paul coming in a tad early. Perfect, since my brain was nowhere near The Mad Platter. I don't know if you should be so interested in me, though, I don't exactly have any of those abilities myself. Just something that... helps out around those that do. I listened as closely as I could for the door, so that I could signal for a sudden subject change, wondering if he'd even try to come in or be on his phone for half an hour first. I hated being on edge about that kind of shit. I even thought about texting him to get his ass in here. I needed his happy ass to watch the store front - and maybe even do Kai a favor and babysit/distract his friends.

Had I not had one revelation after another about the kind of beings that existed on this planet, had I not accidentally turned into a fucking bird in the middle of making out with a goddamn wolf, what came next would have sounded legit fucking schizo. Oh, really? I took one step closer to Kai. Do you have it? Goddammit the innuendo wasn't going to stop, no matter where I thought his interest was. You gonna show it to me in your bedroom?

And like fucking clockwork I heard the door unlock and I took a step back from Kai as Paul entered. Paul was... well who you'd expect to work at a music store. Skinny...ish jeans, black Muse shirt, chucks, arms covered in tattoos. Short but spiky black hair. Paul! Just who I wanted to see. Twenty five extra bucks if you clock in early and keep those two out front busy. God, I immediately regretted it. Just, how it looked. And of course he bit, giving me a grin and a raised brow. Don't get any funny ideas, Paul, he wanted to see the twelve string I hadn't unpacked yet.

Sure, Shelle, I don't care, whatever gets me paid. The smile hadn't gone away, even as Paul stepped out the door to the store front. I returned my look to Kai and shrugged. He can play like Zakk Wylde so if they have any real guitar interest at all he'll keep 'em busy. I mean, not as busy as if he had tits, but whatever works.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:00 am

Color me stunned. I hadn’t imagined that Index would be a place that a human would get to witness a wolf turn. I’d only seen maybe, three myself, and I was a Warlock, at least I knew they had existed before it had happened. In a big city, it would make more sense. I needed to check my emails, obviously Index was not the sleepy backwater town with residual energy and folktales abound I had thought it was. “That’s, unreal…I can relate? I’m the not so proud owner of a Vampire ex.” It felt strange coming out of my mouth when Michelle wasn’t supernatural herself. My sisters knew about my months spent rolling in and out of coffins, not that it was necessarily a socially acceptable girlfriend to have.

“Not having abilities doesn’t mean you’re not interesting.” I’d said it before the rest of her sentence sunk in. I had meant it. She didn’t need otherworldly abilities to be intriguing. The statement actually made me feel bad when I’d considered the fact I’d been intending to drill her brain for information about the town and its supernatural activity. Sometimes I was a dick without even realizing it. The moment the word ‘something’ really ingrained into my head I felt my energy skyrocket. Since she had just vocalized a belief she was unremarkable, whatever it was that helped her was an object. Process of elimination.

My heart started beating a million times faster in my chest, fire raging in my aura completely usurping the calming balancing surge of earth. As she moved closer making it now completely obvious she was into me it heightened and I was literally going to kiss her before the door opened behind me. Having all of this launched at me when I wasn’t prepared was completely throwing me for a loop. She was literally the first person I’d really spoken to in this town.

I almost didn’t hear the conversation between Michelle and a co-worker of hers that had walked in. My eyes were locked on her lips. Fire overload. I actually needed to burn something or satisfy the needy flames in another way of course. “Why do you have an interest in the Supernatural? You do know it’s dangerous for a human right?” Figuratively waggling my finger at her was the best I could do when it came to redirecting my mind away something I might regret. Not that I was a prude, it’s just I didn’t want to be an idiot.

Dusting my hands over my pants, shoulders, chest as if I was removing some residual dust I thought was clinging to my clothes from the room, I tried to cover up the fact I needed to rub my hands together. Some spells I could activate with thought, others needed a vocal que but Burning Hands required a specific action. Once they were akin to oven elements, I held them slightly behind my back intending on releasing energy. It was about to get very hot in here. “Are you only interested in me because you think I might be something else?”

Back to top Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:05 pm

Man can you imagine just how complicated dating a vampire would be? The rewards and benefits probably both equally extreme. Being stalked and harassed by Rick was no fun, and I wonder if they were all that obsessive. So being used to getting what they want, it became a mission when they didn’t. And while my experience with Niya was great, for so many wrong reasons - I don’t think I could survive it becoming an everyday thing. I found myself simply making a wide eyed facial expression rather than to reply, even though I had a shit ton of questions. Now wasn’t the time though, but it just proved that I was definitely interested in talking to this guy further down the road. In what way I wasn’t sure yet.

Maybe eventually I would learn to read people, but I’ll be damned if the mystery wasn’t at least a tiny bit exciting. I wondered if I could get Caly to come to this party of his, but either way - free booze and now this… whatever the fuck it was happening between us. I definitely wanted to go. Okay, so maybe he was interested in what I knew, but I was kind of interested in what he knew too, wasn’t I? And maybe a little bit more.

God, was it me or was it getting really hot back here? And although I could have kinda used that as a euphemism, kinda, I wasn’t. God, I think the thermostat is broken. You feel kinda warm? I asked after Paul finally left.

Why wouldn’t I have an interest in the supernatural? How weird was it that in a certain strange way my life had been really… short and during that time I was flooded with these crazy experiences. It’s a good thing that I am interested. I seem to be a fucking magnet for crazy ass shit to happen to me. But I mean, maybe some people are born with some sort of..need to be around danger? Why do people sky dive and climb mountains and all of that shit? I guess I just find my dangers in the supernatural rather than just.. nature.

But I found myself becoming fixed on Kai, like he knew just which buttons to push. Wagging the finger, almost some kind of playful tease. Like shit, was he gonna punish me for it? Please do. Goddammit, Michelle! I stepped away, actually away before my mind could get any more interested, before I started tugging on the guy’s clothes. But shit, What’s the harm, and how much would I enjoy that harm? I’m going to uh… go check on that thermostat. I’m fucking hot. So much for fall, right? I found the thermometer right beside, almost behind, a silver metal wire shelf holding a few black cases of instruments waiting to be repaired, and I hit the down button, setting the number to 60. But fuck if it didn’t seem cooler in this area, even if just a bit.

Well you’ve already proven you’re something else regardless of your species or whatever, so I don’t know how I’m supposed to answer that, Kai, I replied as I began walking back to him, growing warmer by the step. I couldn’t help but to pinch the bottom of his thin sweater between my thumb and index finger. God, I’m sorry my store is so hot. You must be burning up in this thing. I quickly let go of it, shit even the shirt was warmer than I had expected.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:04 pm

My heart was pumping in my chest, the pulse was almost deafening in my ears. Normally I would have been overjoyed with the opportunity to manipulate fire magic without having to produce actual flame. A lighter. A Fireplace. A candle. Pure emotion fueled magick was astounding but not something one could force. Michelle was an even bigger temptation when she could bring forth this kind of power from inside of me. I had no idea how she did it. You would have thought I’d never been hit on before. “Yes, it is getting rather hot in here.” I expelled more energy through my hands feeling sweat beginning to build at the base of my neck. The heat lifting off my fingertips behind my back was intense enough to ignite on contact.

A magnet? Was I just another moth drawn to the flame? My mind was running wild with possibilities. Could the energy of this town not be from the Ley Lines? From the mysteries buried here. Could it be from the people? Michelle couldn’t be a source though she was only a human. Could the item she had in her possession be that strong? This was going to keep me up all night. Sleepless because I was thinking about a girl. It had been a while since that had happened. “Sounds like you need a bodyguard.” She was literally not giving me much of an option here. Whatever it was that had me hooked, I wasn’t going to allow that to fall into the wrong hands. As much as I respected other Supernaturals and gave them the benefit of the doubt…I knew that not all of them had the best intentions for human beings. “So you can get your kicks and not get killed.”

She was right and I had offered myself up on a serving platter if she was only interested in Supernatural beings. “I could be lying though.” I gave her a cheeky smile, though my hands continued to pump out heat. It was getting unbearably hot actually. Since I was the source of the temperature I was feeling it the most, which was a difficult pill to swallow. Had fire been my primary magick I expected it would be different. Sweat dripped down my spine now causing me to shift uncomfortably.

When she came closer it got even worse. I wasn’t even managing to dispel enough of the energy out of my skin. Burning hands just wasn’t enough. I couldn’t by rights cast anything else in such an enclosed space. It felt like I was literally going to spontaneously combust. I took a deep breath and exhaled but it wasn’t doing me any favors. Whatever perfume Michelle was wearing was now intensified by the temperature of the room and when she stepped back I got a nose full. Something fruity, tangy but bitter. It smelt alive, like summer berry brambles. Suddenly feeling a burst of energy I couldn’t control I grabbed the sweater I was wearing and pulled it off. My hands ignited it even before I had it fully extended away from my body but having something to actually burn helped ease the expenditure of magick. I was feeling much cooler.  

Looking straight at Michelle as my sweater was reduced to ashes I opened my mouth to try and come up with some grand story when suddenly water began spraying from the ceiling. Standing there stunned for a moment I couldn’t help but begin to laugh. “You’re right, crazy ass shit magnet” Managing to get the words out I continue to laugh, the heat in my body finally subsiding.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics