setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open 2] Hello from Above - Page 3

[Open 2] Hello from Above

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open 2] Hello from Above

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:28 pm

I did have a facebook, although I hated admitting I had one. Not to mention the store itself had a facebook I had to manage. It was kind of like Wal-mart. You hated it, you never looked forward to going, but it had become a staple of life. I do, just don’t be alarmed. I don’t think I’ve changed my profile picture in like.. Two years. And that was accompanied by an over-exaggerated look of embarrassment. I couldn’t even guarantee the profile picture was of me and not Tina Belcher. Slash me runs home and changes profile pic, right? Remember, turd face, we’re not trying to impress anyone.

I always felt weird when thinking of Poison, and I hadn’t been back since I’d went back with… her. I mean fuck, it was fun and it scratched that itch I had that was always sooo hard to scratch. In a way I felt like I was a recovering addict, doing fine unless the thing was mentioned. Maybe that was another reason I distanced myself from Vincent as well. Not vampire blood, nothing like that, but that strange… death wish? Was it some emo chemical imbalance in me that made me at times seek death despite the fact that I was happy? I didn’t want some fucking shrink involved, I didn’t want pills, psych wards, whatever. I just had to force myself to be a normal fucking human, to keep some form of control probably just the same as people who were avoiding whatever addictions and vices they had. I’ve been there a few times, but I tend to avoid it. It gets um… weird there if you get my drift. God, I’m serious, I need some kind of code phrase or something. Like, a code phrase and a phrase back, because shit, I was going back and forth in my head as to whether he was hinting at knowing shit or not. Jack and coke… I almost never stray.

It had been a while since I’d been to One Shot, but I liked that idea much better than I liked the idea of Poison. I’m so down with One Shot, God it’s been forever since I’ve been there. I mean, the last time I was there I turned into a bird but what the fuck ever. Put the broken glasses on my tab, I’d pay it eventually. You uh.. Might need to dress down for that place, or maybe settle for Bennigan’s, I said, now imagining him with that sweater and dress slacks and shit. Way too polished - shit I thought I got some weird looks when I walked in there. I mean uh, some wild animals there. Alright, best fucking hint in my book. I swear to god, Mister Kai pennyworth the third or whatever the fuck your name is, I’m cool, so if you know, then we can drop the hints.

Of course I was chill until the cronies had taken notice, and then I still would have been cool but the blood rushing to my face was not. I was beet red, but I spilled my digits anyway. Two oh six, five three seven, eight four eight five. And don’t forget Michelle Hawke on Facebook. Might be easier for you to add me. I had to add a snarky smile and a wink to that. I’d noticed Ms. Walker was on her way to the register, so I glanced back to Kai.

Gimme just a sec. I need to grab my phone anyway. I stepped back through the aisle and found my way behind the register, getting there right after Ms. Walker.

”Oh, Michelle,” she whispered, ”What do you think? Is he creeping? Do you need me to say anything? Or uh.. I mean he’s cute.”
God, she was ridiculously sweet but also seemed to handle me with these strange.. Kid gloves. Might have been something you just did when you dealt with teens all day.
No, no, I’m good. As long as his friends behave.
I finished ringing her up, then returned to Kai on the other side, my back now to the windows of the store.

So is this party at your place? Is this like.. A fun party or like… a dinner party? I mean I assume it’s the first, but you never know.

Back to top Go down

Malakai Greenmantle III | Warlock; Elementalist

Posted on Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:08 am

“Really? I change mine at least once a month, I actually have no idea what it is right now.” Not once had it been an image of my actual face, aside from possibly the odd artist rendition imagined by one of my many friends and followers. With Facebook on my mind I pulled my phone from my back pocket once more to enter Michelle’s number before it vacated my mind. I added her surname for future reference. Within my peripherals I could see Dom and Will watching me with now quiet interest. They had every right to be curious as I hadn’t bothered much with connecting with the fairer sex for a while now due to my uncanny ability to choose the wrong girl. Michelle had all my nerves tingling though, for all kinds of different reasons.

There was a cold sweat lingering on the back of my neck as I had realized that One Shot was a Wolf hangout. Coded communication had alerted me to a danger but now I was left in a position as to why I wouldn’t go, why I would opt for Bennigans. Dressing down a notch wasn’t a problem, using that as an excuse was just going to paint me as a snob. Given how deeply interesting she was, I didn’t want to take a wrong step so early. “Let’s go with One Shot.” Can’t believe I had just said that. “When’s your next free night?” Business with all manner of Supernaturals was always a risky venture. Usually those effected by their influences were my biggest customers but I did have a fair few Vampires, Wolves and fellow Witches and Warlocks in my little black book. Wolves in particular were the thing of nightmares, but perhaps getting well acquainted with a human who spent time in their drinking hole would smooth the battlefield enough for me to sneak a business card in.

“Hey you have to buy me a drink first dickhead.” Will had dived into the front pocket of my pants to snag my wallet to pay for Dom’s new guitar, giving my thigh a rather firm squeeze at the same time. “Sorry baby. No homo” He whispered in my ear extending his tongue like he was about to lick my cheek before I playfully pushed him off. Was going to have to give these two the slip before I met up with Michelle. My fingers flicked deftly over my phones keys typing up a quick message so that Michelle would now have my number.

MICHELLE HAWK
When’s your next break?

Ditching the boys was going to be no easy feat but I wasn’t done shopping yet. “Fun Party would be an understatement. We have a pool on the roof, bar and spa in the apartment. Everything’s provided, just need to bring yourself.” While Dom and Will were distracted with spending my money I began walking backwards further into the store, gesturing with my head for Michelle to follow. Maybe we could hide behind a display or something, makeshift bike sheds. “I even serve Bloody Mary’s and don’t mind wild animals as long as they are house trained.”

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:23 pm

It was usually harder to add people when it wasn’t their face on the profile picture, but then again, how many people had his name? Yeah, sure, I’d add him if he didn’t add me first. I had a feeling he would - he seemed way more eager with social media than I was. Although, he wouldn’t get near my tumblr. That shit was for strangers only… well aside from Caly. But that went without saying.

Um, today is what, Tuesday? I have someone closing for me Thursday… oh and Friday, so either one. And really, I was smiling and it was a legit smile, whether I liked it or not. Most of the time I was a homebody, but it was nice to have a reason once in a while to get “cuted up” and get the fuck out. This business owning shit was making me feel a little old anyway.

I heard my phone make the sound of a Murloc from WOW which made me blush a bit just as Ms. Walker headed out the door, and I thought to wait until our conversation was finished before I checked it until I realized it was probably a text from Kai himself, so I grabbed the phone and headed back out to where he stood. So unlike high school the pool on the roof is real, I grinned. Of course I didn’t have any high school experiences of my own, and I’m not sure how I remembered that as a thing, but I did. There was a lot of shit I just knew and didn’t know how I knew it at all. Pop culture, old friends, or maybe some of Eva’s lingering knowledge bleeding through. Shit was weird.

The store was again limited to me and the rich boys, and now as I followed Kai I could sense that he needed even more privacy. Shit, I was so fucking right. None of this was just… strange language. There was something to this, and admittedly I was hesitant, but kind of fucking excited too. I leaned against the wall of the back of the store, grin slipping onto my lips, arms crossed against my chest. So which one does that make you? Or are you something else? At this moment I wished I was better at hiding my emotions. I mean I could to a point, but meeting someone who was some kind of creature or even someone who knew for me… well it was kind of like running into family or something. I mean shit, I was in on a huge fucking secret. I pulled up my phone and decided to skim the text hoping to subdue my excitement.

I get help at five. I suppose I can sneak out for a bit. I looked up from my phone with a raised brow, the smile still (apologetically) plastered on my face.

Back to top Go down

Malakai Greenmantle III | Warlock; Elementalist

Posted on Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:18 am

Without even having them in my eye-line, I knew both Dom and Will were searching for me. It wasn’t unheard of that I would exit a store while they were still in it. When I was done shopping, I was done. They never took offense as they knew I would be out in the carpark, leaning on the hood of my candy-apple red 1976 Jag, uploading photos or setting a new status update. Sneaking around behind their backs was customary. From the moment I’d met them I’d always had one hand held behind my back. Neither knew of my occult status. It was safer that way. That rationalization would also dictate how I was going to answer Michelle’s question. “Neither…”

The expression on her face is what made it difficult to do the right thing. She looked like a kid being offered a giant rainbow lollipop, to be eaten at her leisure. Befriending a supernatural thrill seeker wasn’t high on my agenda. However Michelle’s potential knowledge of Index’s population in that regards was invaluable. Not to mention she was hot as hell. “Let’s stick with the something else label for now.” Chuckling I felt my insides twist at the leap of faith I’d just conducted in the middle of a music shop. Secrecy wasn’t mainly about saving my own neck. I had a responsibility to protect humans from the possible backlash of associating with someone who spent half their life with one foot in the shadows.

“How good are your Copperfield skills? Because we’re going need them to get to that door” I’d done a room evaluation and the only other door that wasn’t the entrance, or labelled with a male/female restroom sign required a dash across a wide open space. It wasn’t long before the boys sent out a full blown search party. “Just in case we fail, Friday at eight thirty, One Shot.” I was intending on sitting in my car until she turned up. No way was I going to take one single step in that place alone. Did Index have Uber drivers? Everywhere had Uber drivers….right?

Michelle’s smile was infectious and grinning impishly made hiding from my own friends seem less immature. It was stupidly childish but also necessary if I wanted to avoid the usual cock-blocking that the boys always tried to pull out of their bag of tricks. This girl I wanted to myself. Suddenly my back pocket rumbled with Navi announcing a text alert. “And it starts.” I expected the message was something along the lines of ‘Gone for a quickie champ?’ Sticking half my head out from behind a shelf I gauged what I was hoping was the right time to make a mad dash. Pausing for Will’s back to turn I darted out, keeping low and aiming for the promised land of some more alone time with Michelle.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:49 pm

Something else, huh? Well wasn’t that purposefully ambiguous as fuck. I wanted to know more, goddammit. I didn’t even really know what Shane was, all of what he could do. I just knew he was something. Something vampires would be better off not fucking with. So how many somethings were there? I mean I was something, not exactly something special. What could I do? I could shit on the windshields of my enemies cars, that’s what I could do. And only with the help of a cheap looking piece of jewelry. Okay, so that was better than before, and even though at times I wasn’t sure I wanted it, it was a more than handy escape route. Most people didn’t have that when dealing with these beings.

Well, I already know you’re something else. Insert cheesy grin and wink. God, now I was flirting, but shit, I kinda liked the guy even if I didn’t want to. I kind of liked everyone who wasn’t blatantly a douchebag. And fuck, Gio was blatantly a douchebag and I loved… used to love him.

Fuck, how cool would it be to use the ring now? I wouldn’t make a scene but it would at the very least be easier for me to sneak as something much smaller. That didn’t help him much.

I have something up my sleeve that could put Copperfield to shame, but I don’t think now is the - Shit, as if I needed any more reason to like this dude. Zelda? I asked, in a slightly hushed tone but paired with an impish grin. I didn’t play, but I had a few friends who did. I knew what was up. But I wasn’t going to make more of a conversation here, as I could tell Kai was ready to ditch his friends (I couldn’t say I blamed him) so I watched him dart away, and I sprinted on my own as well. Thank god for alarm systems on my more expensive shit, but that was okay, Mad Platter wouldn’t be out of my sight.

Running in a dress was fucking annoying, but I ran holding my skirt up so that it didn’t catch on shit. Despite the annoyance of my fabric, it was fun, with a kind of mischievous undertone. So are they your friends or people you babysit? I asked as I finally caught up to Kai.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics