setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open 2] Hello from Above

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:20 pm

Thread Details
The Mad Platter | Warm, about 80F | Midday

Outfit is the last one, with the hat.

There are times when I'm standing in the shower and think about what I'd rather be doing with my life. I like to think that I resent being stuck here, that I resent the shop for holding me here. But that's a lie. I love the shop, I love running it, so much that I'd almost rather be there than home. After a decent day at work I realize it's nothing more than a little monotony and wanderlust. Sure, a vacation would be nice, and I'd just just like everyone else about not coming back, but I would and I'd be happy about it. I've found my routine, I've found my place. Now, yeah, Shane's reveal fucked me up but at the same time I at least understood what the hell was going on. But there was no way in hell I was going to go about telling Logan or Claire. I didn't want them making any attempts to be in my life, and I felt it better in general if we just continued avoiding each other like the plague.

As for Vincent, I knew things would be weird there. Maybe not on his side, but he'd definitely see it in me. I still kinda.. well it wasn't like I was fucking in love with him or anything, but I'd take the ring out for a spin and basically spy on him. I wanted to know the fucker was okay, even if I didn't want to see him. The few times I could find him I didn't know if he knew I was there or not, and I couldn't tell much other than the fact that he was still alive... and was rarely ever at One Shot. What the fuck was that all about? I'd avoided it forever simply because I wanted to avoid him, and the one time I went back I didn't see one familiar face. And the place had a completely different feel. Almost.. touristy. Almost like people wanted to go there for some weird bullshit ironic reason. Like they could wear it like a goddamn badge that made them tougher for having gone. They were all posers. Maybe... or maybe I just resented that I'd missed out on something, that times had changed and there was no going back to whatever it was I had missed there. Human nature, maybe? Always wanting to be in on something considered exclusive. Either way, it's not like I really talked to him about problems all that much - but every time I saw Vincent he never seemed... right. Nothing like the time I'd spent with him before. And that kind of sucked.

I did see the shop differently as an owner. I'd hired two others to help out, but I never stopped fretting when I was away. Maybe I was just a control freak, but it felt like leaving your game open with your toon standing in the middle of a mob and just walking away for a shower. Thousands of what ifs, but they eased up every day. But I was here today, and so those worries were paused at least. And all the band kids had bought their trumpets and trombones and flutes. A few stragglers come in looking for reeds, strings, valve oil, but no major sales in the last week. Slow. I gave Sydney some cash to grab us some fraps from Uncommon Grounds and pulled out my phone.

Joe Dirt
Haven't heard from you in a while. How are things?

I wasn't sure he'd reply, wasn't sure he'd tell the truth if he did, but I send it anyway and put my phone back under the counter. I walked back to the cardboard box in the middle of the floor, continuing to remove and unpack the violin strings and hang them in the appropriate place.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open 2] Hello from Above

Malakai Greenmantle III | Warlock; Elementalist

Posted on Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:48 pm

Kai's Outfit. Will is taller than both boys, lanky but muscular. Tanned, brown curly hair and has freckles. He's wearing something similar to Kai. Dom is the same height as Kai at 6'2 but pale, broad shouldered, buzz-cut, black leather jacket, white t shirt and blue jeans.

“So I said that I’d take the internship if they changed the color to red, because I’m not going to drive something that looks like my grandmother would take it for a spin.” William threw his arms about like a passionate Italian continuing a story that had lasted the entire drive into town. Which wasn’t long really, Index was smaller than any destination I had lived ever. The tale had started to grow stale however and I thought entering a store would bring it to a conclusion. Hopefully. Not that I was fully aware of what we were walking into considering my eyes were super-glued to my phone. “Your Grandmother would never drive a BMW mutant, hard to do that in a coffin.” Dom entered the store behind the ex-rowing team Captain throwing the usual inappropriate comeback to try and squash the conversation. Trailing in behind I finished off a post for the adoring masses.

Kai Greenmantle III
1 min · Index, WA ·

“A coffin is better than the BMW you linked me anyway Will, you should just ask for a new car altogether.” He spun around throwing a mock glare at both of us not taking the comments about his very much alive Grandmother to heart. “Screw you two, at least I got a job offer.” William ran a lanky hand through his tussled brown hair directing the last part to Dom. The self-proclaimed Bad Boy of Lambda Omega Phi just gave him a weak finger, adjusted his black leather jacket and turned his attention to the store itself.

Will, Dom and I had been part of the same fraternity, still were technically. Siamese Triplets from the moment we had met. Will was tall, tanned, All American. Daddy had set him up with an internship at a law firm after pushing him to complete a corresponding degree. William however was content to bum around the country with me, having no real desire to become a full-fledged adult. Talk of the car was pointless as we both knew he would be couch surfing at Chateau Kai for the foreseeable future. Dom was as opposite as you could get. Pale, Jet Black hair cut military short. Intelligent but couldn’t be bothered applying himself unless it was in pursuit of drugs, liquor or women. Worthy causes no doubt but obviously not the goals that drove him towards gainful employment.

“What are we doing in a music store Horseman? We have about as much musical talent as The Spice Girls.” Taking in my surroundings finally I slipped my phone in my back pocket. “That’s why.” Dom leaned in close to my ear and gestured to a figure bending down over a box. “Wild girls go for guys who play guitar amigo and what’s a pad like yours without some serving wenches.” Laughing under my breath and shaking my head I patted his chest heartily. “Go get her then Tiger, hope you did your homework on how to bullshit someone who has actually held a guitar in her life.” Dom scowled at me and then sauntered over to the string section to actually hold one just to make a point. Will had followed the direction of our friend’s attention to the woman stocking shelves and nodded his approval, not that you could tell what she looked like from this distance. “Dom’s right you know, lead guitarist always gets the chicks.” I openly laughed at how serious they both were about this myth and casually ran both hands back through my shoulder length blond hair. They watched me like hawks as I strode right over to the only other person in the shop and slapped on my most charming white toothed grin.

“My friends have been pondering the mysteries of women and have concluded that guitars make them weak at the knees, I’m curious as to what your thoughts are?”

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:11 am

I heard the door open, but I wanted to hurriedly put up the last of the merch before I spoke with them, because if not it wouldn't be unlike me to forget and leave the damn box in the floor all day forgetting about it. But damned if it wasn't taking me longer than I thought, because the last bit of the box was obviously not sorted at all. I attempted to eavesdrop slightly on their conversation, because I wasn't going to interrupt my work for people who were "just browsing". All I could hear from the conversation was some confusion as to why they were there to begin with, so I continued with my work unphased. I was getting the last one hung when one of them finally spoke to me. I stood up and straightened up my dress, taking them in. Now I don't have any high school memories, but I felt like I could at least equate this moment with a cliche from so many of the high school movies I'd seen. The almost gang-like intimidating feel of the cool kids, approaching the class weirdo, right? Nothing good could come of this, but perhaps I was reading in to it way more than I should. I mean shit, I was always fucking social anxiety queen anyway, so maybe it was time I grew some balls.

I'd say it depends on how hard you hit their knees. Did I just spout off a dad joke? At least I wasn't laughing at myself or even smiling. Any more of life's mysteries I can help you solve today, gentlemen? Now I let the smile grow on my face. Lord knows, wouldn't want them thinking I was being "bitchy", right? So we had John Travolta, blonde Loki, and... okay I didn't have anything clever for the last guy. Loki wasn't so bad, although waayyy too preppy for my tastes.

Back to top Go down

Malakai Greenmantle III | Warlock; Elementalist

Posted on Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:54 am

While Dom and Will always endeavored to display their prowess with understanding the fairer sex, I myself totally submitted to their mystique. Without it I didn’t think that they would have as much appeal. Pandora’s box was only a horror to behold until you opened it to find out what exactly was inside. The Holy Grail, only fantastical until someone actually possessed it and could accurately outline its magical properties. I found myself sometimes attaching that same motto when dealing with objects of Supernatural origin. Finding out everything about their history, craftsmanship and attributes made them run of the mill. There were many sitting upon shelves in my home that could possibly have the ability to destroy the condo in which they sat. All of that didn’t mean I wasn’t curious about this woman of course, considering that was not the response to my question I was expecting.

That kind of sense of humor, though she had said it with a straight face, fit right in with the boys. If she hadn’t actually been kidding, I was playing with fire. Without even taking note of where Dom and Will were I could feel them closing in, like wolves, wanting to get a closer look. I could already guess what they were looking for, having been friends for so long I knew their ‘type’. Males were primal creatures and much easier to categorize. Dom was a breast man the bigger the better, Will was all about the rear end. I liked to be off the wall and focus on their skin. Not in an Ed Gein kind of way mind you. Everything could be doctored these days and while makeup did have its wonders there was little someone could do to hide bad skin without making it obvious. I’m sure cosmetic companies used slogans that said whatever foundation they were flogging was seamless, but I had yet to see one.

Stroking my chin with a spark of cheek in my eyes I pretended to seriously ponder her answer. “So what you’re saying is what really works is the caveman technique, Hmmmm, what guitar would you recommend for this?” I leaned forward a little to keep the next part just between her and I. “One that’s for a beginner, my friend may think he’s going to be a natural Jimi Hendrix, but-“ I grinned again.  She did really have flawless skin, which made my brain begin flipping through stored images of statues to compare her to. It was a reflex.

Too many pick-up lines of varying levels of taste rotated around in my head, intertwined with visions of female forms in marble and stone. It wasn’t that I was out on the prowl, it’s just that question was just asking for a smart-arse response. It was loaded every way I looked at it. I opted for something dripping with cheddar cheese. “Personally I’d settle for your name, I’m sure that’s tame compared to what mysteries these two would want to know.” Soon as Will, who was closer, heard me, there was a loud cough/sneeze from his direction that sounded clearly like the word ‘Tosser’.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:46 pm

Usually I didn't envy my supernatural friends. Not really, because shit being a normal human was complicated enough. I wasn't even supernatural myself, not really, and my life was already complicated by it. The ring, which I didn't dare carry everywhere, was locked up in my closet, only out when I intended to use it - which wasn't very often. There were a few more than innocent missions here and there, apart from checking up on Vincent. Wait - where the fuck was I going with this? Oh, right.... I still think I'd kill to have a mind-reading ability. I don't guess I could exchange my ring for one that helped with that, could I? The more these guys talked, the more I expected to just end up regretting the entire conversation. Not that I was entirely interested, but I didn't want to look like a complete dunce. My head played this whole meeting out in two ways - one, with me assuming the whole time they were coming on to me, when in reality, they were all just wanting help with how to woo some other chick. The other one... well let's just say the movie would end with me covered in pig's blood and setting Index on fire. Luckily, I wasn't going to prom and really all I wanted was to make some commission on a guitar... and if no one was buying I could at least kill some time with some convo. But fuck social anxiety, right?

Now the serious face faded, I chuckled and pushed my hat back so I could really get a look at this dude. So long as you don't use the fifty nine Gibson... this is the first time I've been asked for advice on which guitar to use as a physical weapon. And... again, it felt obvious that he was talking about me, but for fucks' sake how embarrassing would it be if I was wrong?! Well, the epiphones are on the back wall, but somehow I don't think that's what any of you are here for. There, vague yet playful enough, right? Of course, at this point, me, the weak human being I was, started pondering the possibilities and well, shit I did have a decision to make, right? And, if I was correct, they were all... looking at me, not the merch. The greaser could go, but the freckley one did have his charms, although he hadn't had the balls to really say anything yet. Poor thing, you could tell who the ring-leader was, and he probably always got the girl. Part of me wanted to change that, but I only fucked guys because I wanted to fuck them, not for pity's sake. So yeah, if I was interested in anyone, it would be the guy who actually had the spine to speak, but even then I wasn't sure. And even then, one time, and not so much as a number after, which wasn't my style anyway.

Michelle. Easy enough, I hope. I wasn't particularly interested in his. Really my brain was just ready for them to buy something and leave, but I'd told myself I was never going to be that crabby kind of bitch. Maybe if I was nice enough, and they were as rich as they were trying to put on, they'd buy the Gibson I mentioned in an attempt to impress me. Alright, reason enough to play along. I take it if you're the spokesperson for your friends, I should at least have your names, too. I kicked the now empty box out of the way, back toward the door to the back room, but my eyes stayed ahead of me, the leader directly in my view and the twelve thousand dollar Gibson in the periphery.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics